Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Vinny Vinh missing or pokernews wrong? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=421738)

FortWorthJim 06-06-2007 09:28 PM

Vinny Vinh missing or pokernews wrong?

Pokernews.com has this running commentary during the day that Vinny Vinh's big stack in the $1000 with rebuys event is being blinded off.

Last comment says Men "The Master" has been on the phone trying to reach him.

However, CardPlayer didn't show Vinh as being in this event after Day 1. PokerPages says he's in, but they didn't have a seat assignment for him like they did for everyone else.

He must be in bad shape (or worse) to let himself be blinded out.

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...holdem-rebuys/

zasterguava 06-06-2007 09:33 PM

Re: Vinny Vinh dead or pokernews wrong?

Hmmm your going to get a lot of his friends worried if they see this post title- till they open it up and are just speculating why he hasnt turned up.

Is very strange, but, I should think he;s just overslept or something

kardkiller66 06-06-2007 09:34 PM

who the hell is vinny vinh????

rounder00 06-06-2007 09:35 PM

does he use drugs? maybe hes over-dosed ungar style?

wpr101 06-06-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Angrymoog 06-06-2007 09:36 PM

Re: Vinny Vinh or news wrong?

Wasn't Vinny one of Men the Master's original horses?

GeniusToad 06-06-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

short asian guy. should be fairly easy to find in vegas. no worries.

UMTerp 06-06-2007 09:41 PM

This thread title is pretty inappropriate IMO.

MrFizzbin 06-06-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is who Vinny Vinh is .....

FortWorthJim 06-06-2007 09:43 PM

Didn't even think about friends of his seeing it. I fixed it.

ocdscale 06-06-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is who Vinny Vinh is .....

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's won a few SNGs?

EricS31 06-06-2007 10:17 PM

what did the original thread say haha??

FortWorthJim 06-06-2007 10:25 PM

"Vinny Vinh dead or pokernews wrong?"

Didn't think it was offensive, but some do.

GeniusToad 06-06-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Vinny Vinh dead or pokernews wrong?"

Didn't think it was offensive, but some do.

[/ QUOTE ]

not offensive exactly but maybe unnecessarily alarmist and/or too jump-to-conclusiony?

EricS31 06-06-2007 10:43 PM

eh wasnt to bad but definitly not needed for the topic purpose...i think hes a dick personally so i hope he gets completely blinded off...and i dislike men who is probably staking him which makes me double as bad...no im not racist against vietnamese...only aholes

MrFizzbin 06-07-2007 01:37 AM

Well he finished 20th after not playing the whole 2nd day.

NH SIR !!!
So where is Vinny ?

1) Big/Soft Cash Game didn't want to leave.
2) Touring the Desert ?
3) Sleeping in John Murphy's bed (I hear its very comfy)
4) Celebrating Stanley Cup Victory with Anaheim Ducks.
5) Taking the midnight tour of Hoover Dam....
6) Hanging out with Waldo...
7) Got Rolled by hookers, still handcuffed in room
8) Donating a kidney, Vegas Style...
9) Its a prop bet, where would he finish if he didnt play (final table/top 20/top 30.....
10) Kidnapped by aliens outside area 51....

john voight 06-07-2007 02:38 AM

had to fly overseas due to family problem.

PokeReader 06-07-2007 03:54 AM

I'm glad he's O.K., but why didn't he call Men, he is still backed by Men, right?

shaniac 06-07-2007 05:29 AM

I actually think there's a good chance that the reason VV didnt show up today was because of some kind of incapacitation (whether it be death, hospitalization or whatever). When I saw him yesterday, I couldn't believe how he looked--he was emaciated and appeared like he had aged years in the course of a month. I'm assuming it's the result of some kind of hard-drug problem, but I have no real insight.

Vinny played one table over from me all day yesterday, seeming to hold onto chips the whole day and not missing any opportunities to refer to himself in the third person ("Don't they know how Vinny Vinh plays?"). It's almost inconceivable to me that he missed day 2 with the chip lead unless something drastic happened. Also, fwiw, his stack outlasted over 60 players.

ShannonShorr 06-07-2007 06:05 AM

I cashed in this event and agree with Shane completely. I saw Vinny Vinh around the tables yesterday and he looked like he was on a different planet from hard drug abuse. I very much dislike playing with Vinny because of the way he treats other players and dealers, but I really hope that he is found to be in ok shape. It, indeed, must've been very serious for a player like Vinh to miss this kind of shot at a bracelet.

SS

apefish 06-07-2007 08:43 AM

Shane, Shannon, thanks for the insight.
I think there was a decent amount of speculation along these lines.
Obviously hope things turn out okay for him.

Also, Shane crush this final table later today. Good luck.
Best of luck the rest of the series to both of you.

johnnyrocket 06-07-2007 09:29 AM

of course these 2 cashed, they are 2+2 gods, hope vinny vinh turns out okay, surprised all 2+2er's arent familiar with who he is

Canuckickstan 06-07-2007 02:46 PM

Any updates ??

MrFizzbin 06-07-2007 04:06 PM

Someone call Grissome, Brass and Willows.....

ifoughtpiranhas 06-07-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
catherine is hotttttttttttttttttttttt

NoPoHustler 06-07-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
catherine is hotttttttttttttttttttttt

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the broads on that show are hot except the showgirls extra's

Mod Note: This post is incorrect. Two of the lab techs are insane cute.

Jooka 06-07-2007 06:50 PM

over on DN site he is text messaging his hands to be posted, mentioned something about crack cocaine in regards to VV.

selurah 06-08-2007 06:35 PM

Has there been no news on this? Surely a 2+2er who is at the WSOP has heard something new about this situation. The guy has been missing 3 days unless he turned up and I missed it.

obvv 06-08-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has there been no news on this? Surely a 2+2er who is at the WSOP has heard something new about this situation. The guy has been missing 3 days unless he turned up and I missed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuco 06-08-2007 08:07 PM

I heard from multiple reliable people that hes a total crackhead. Their word not mine. Apparently he's done this before (maybe WPT?)

Tuco.

shaniac 06-09-2007 12:15 AM

I heard from his backer that he's alive and that he's done this before. If I had to guess, I would say his current substance problem is meth not crack. Crack doesn't hasten the physical changes that were evident in Vinny the way I understand meth does.

gumpzilla 06-09-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard from his backer that he's alive and that he's done this before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Backing people seems like a dicy enough proposition without laying this type of [censored] on top of it. I'm surprised he has a backer that has been through this more than once.

Congratulations on your cash.

Methodz 06-09-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard from his backer that he's alive and that he's done this before. If I had to guess, I would say his current substance problem is meth not crack. Crack doesn't hasten the physical changes that were evident in Vinny the way I understand meth does.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, good news hes alive. It still sucks pretty bad he got blinded off from being in 2nd place after day 1.

btw- nice cash [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yuv 06-09-2007 12:33 AM

Vinny Vinh!

obvv 06-09-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know why but this post makes me super happy, I guess I just hate the concept of someone killing themselves because of drugs, even though i never have and never will meet the guy.

5_year_old_bully 06-09-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know why but this post makes me super happy, I guess I just hate the concept of someone killing themselves because of drugs, even though i never have and never will meet the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmm, if hes addicted to meth and is so sick that he had to drop out of the tourney then its not exactly like he is 'living life' nor is he expected to live long.

Unless he missed day 2 because someone dragged his ass into rehab then for all intents and purposes Vinny Vinh is dead

KissDeGirl 06-09-2007 06:41 PM

hope hes ok. he was great on that one wpt with the magician [ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmm, if hes addicted to meth and is so sick that he had to drop out of the tourney then its not exactly like he is 'living life' nor is he expected to live long.

Unless he missed day 2 because someone dragged his ass into rehab then for all intents and purposes Vinny Vinh is dead

[/ QUOTE ]

PokeReader 06-10-2007 06:41 AM

Could be heroin, also has that same gaunt look. Given Vinny's usual disposition, I'm not sure he could be functional on meth for any lenght of time. With his inherant rage problem, meth would certainly be a fast one-way ticket to paranoia land. I would lean toward heroin or another opiate-based drug mainlined

In fact, the last time Vinny did this, (that I remember anyway), way during the CA State Champ. Almost exact same situation, was one of the chip-leaders and ended up blinding off 21st, I believe. But somebody had found him, so everyone knew he was in the hospital, they just tried not to say from what.

Weird, huh. Some kind of Karmic sign for him maybe. Having a drug habit and letting it rage out of control so you cannot play poker, IS BAD.

I hope the backing agreement now has a clause forcing successful detox, and for him to stay clean. It's kind of a weird person to be doing it, but since they are friends, if he doesn't want to lose him, he really needs to use it to leverage him. Otherwise, he will never go.

Best of luck to Vinny, his friends and family. I know what is like to be in the hospital, and for whatever reason, you always just what to get better and leave. May the blessings of your beliefs shine upon you.

SirFelixCat 06-16-2007 05:30 AM

ESPN actually ran a story about this...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker...amp;id=2900500

Really kind of a shame.

5_year_old_bully 06-16-2007 06:25 AM

Nice of Gary to give twoplustwo a plug.

I hope that he asked Shannon and Shane if he could quote their posts in his article. He is under no obligation to do so, of course, but quoting people's posts without their permission will lead to a lot of young pros being more careful about what they say on these fourms.

(Because really, does anyone want Newhizzle to hold his tongue for fear that Gary's contemporaries will quote him about oxy or 'anal for buyins' when they write that Pulitzer prize winning article about BrandiRose)

Hopefully Gary, Shane, or Shannon will chime in on whether he asked for permission to quote their posts.