Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Chau Giang is BUSTO!!! and other gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=41697)

fsuplayer 02-20-2006 01:14 PM

Chau Giang is BUSTO!!! and other gossip

i just got back from the commerce and saw chau not playing in the big game, but in 400-800 mixed games.

when i said something at the table, a vegas reg who i have played w before said that he had blown through nearly all of an $18 million bankroll. the vegas reg was visited by joe awada while we were playing, so i assume he has at least some inside info!

to those saying 400-800 or even 600-1200 are very high, understand that those are roughly 10-20% of the stakes that he was consistantly playing several months before.

anyone else hear about this??

also, david banyanmine (sp. ?) played for like 3 days straight at the commerce, mostly at the big game (2k-4k) and was reportedly stuck a million.

lastly, maxlager (max muller or something is his real name) is big online player who has been playing for 6 yrs since he was 15yrs old. he wired over a cool $1million to play the big game this past week and apparently he was cleaning up, even while playing doyle HU in mixed games. the last night however he played a long session in 600-1200, and was reportedly getting his ass handed to him. i wonder if he chose to sit out the main game that night bc ivey showed up that day??

thats all i got for now, ill try and remember more.

emil3000 02-20-2006 01:21 PM

Re: Chau Giang is BUSTO!!! and other gossip

Awesome stuff, hope some of the other 2p2ers there can chime in with more.

tom10167 02-20-2006 01:23 PM

That sucks about Giang, since that's like... their friend, I wonder how they feel about it.

Kneel B4 Zod 02-20-2006 01:27 PM

good stuff.

also, put me in the camp of "when I get $18 million dollars, I'm not working anymore"

I'm certainly not working at a job where losing all my money is a possibility

brandon 02-20-2006 01:42 PM

I was talking to one of the dealers at the bellagio last time I was there. He says he deals the big game a lot and he is an awesome dealer(so I believe him). I asked him who the donator was in the big game and he said Chau. The dealer also said the prop bets are where a lot of the money changes hands.

A combonation of a nasty downswing, tilt, craps, and prop bets could easily destroy a 18 million bankroll.

Chau wont stay broke for long.

NLfool 02-20-2006 01:44 PM

yeah that giang rumor has been floating around for a bit. 400/800 is hardly busto though.

ipp147 02-20-2006 01:46 PM

Woohoo.

Best post on this forum for ages.

Whats Chau's bankroll now then?

From 18m to ?m

brandon 02-20-2006 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Woohoo.

Best post on this forum for ages.

Whats Chau's bankroll now then?

From 18m to ?m

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlimited

A guy like that will have no problem getting backing, if he really needs it. Plus he can easily make 250k a month slumming it at 400/800.

Sponger. 02-20-2006 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lastly, maxlager (max muller or something is his real name) is big online player who has been playing for 6 yrs since he was 15yrs old. he wired over a cool $1million to play the big game this past week and apparently he was cleaning up, even while playing doyle HU in mixed games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the kinda fat kid with the bowl hair cut that made him look like andy milonakis?

astroglide 02-20-2006 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus he can easily make 250k a month slumming it at 400/800.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, 1bb/hr for 10 hours per day, every day of the month is pretty easy.

Sponger. 02-20-2006 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he make 1bb/hr when he could just make 2bb/hr and play 8 hours a day and take a few days off?

JohnnyHumongous 02-20-2006 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he make 1bb/hr when he could just make 2bb/hr and play 8 hours a day and take a few days off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, the old 6BB/100 winrate at 400/800, piece of cake!

augie_ 02-20-2006 02:51 PM

400-800 isn't quite busto, but i wonder if he really did go busto and now he's backed in the 400-800. that sucks, especially since barry said he's one of the best.

wow, maxlager is only 21? did not know that. cool.

phish 02-20-2006 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, the old 6BB/100 winrate at 400/800, piece of cake!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and if he multi-tables, he can up his win rate to 80 BB/hr.

Army Eye 02-20-2006 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good stuff.

also, put me in the camp of "when I get $18 million dollars, I'm not working anymore"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do note that losing your bankroll is not the same as losing all your money.

bobbyi 02-20-2006 03:14 PM

Does Commerce get these 2k/4k games regularly? Are they just out in the high limit room or are they in a back room somewhere? Are they listed on the board? I haven't noticed these huge games when I've been there, but I didn't really look around and was mostly just paying attention to my 20/40 game.

Kneel B4 Zod 02-20-2006 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do note that losing your bankroll is not the same as losing all your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

in this case, the evidence would seem to disagree with you.

MaxPower 02-20-2006 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was talking to one of the dealers at the bellagio last time I was there. He says he deals the big game a lot and he is an awesome dealer(so I believe him). I asked him who the donator was in the big game and he said Chau. The dealer also said the prop bets are where a lot of the money changes hands.

A combonation of a nasty downswing, tilt, craps, and prop bets could easily destroy a 18 million bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that this Bellagio dealer is capable of making this judgment

tom10167 02-20-2006 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it. A lot of dealers will just say some retarded BS because they don't like a player. These are players that argue with me about the most trivial things in Hold 'Em and then criticize high stakes(75-150) stud players' play, a game to which they admit to not knowing how to play.

Your dealer doesn't know who the huge donator is, and isn't good enough to see the difference in ability between any of the regulars in that game.

ajml 02-20-2006 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome stuff, hope some of the other 2p2ers there can chime in with more.

[/ QUOTE ] lol i doubt chau agrees with this

ZBTHorton 02-20-2006 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it take a rocket scientist to realize who wins and loses?

He didn't say the dealer said Chau is the worst poker player, just the guy who hasn't been winning money.

I think we all can count chips pretty well when someone buys in with 500K and leaves with nothing.

Roswell 02-20-2006 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Commerce get these 2k/4k games regularly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually the biggest games are 400/800 mix and 20/40 NLHE. The big game was only there this weekend because of the LAPC.

nolanfan34 02-20-2006 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Max, don't try to use your crafty logic to distract us from the fact that Chau is BUSTO! Let's get back on topic people.

Schneids 02-20-2006 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lastly, maxlager (max muller or something is his real name) is big online player who has been playing for 6 yrs since he was 15yrs old. he wired over a cool $1million to play the big game this past week and apparently he was cleaning up, even while playing doyle HU in mixed games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the kinda fat kid with the bowl hair cut that made him look like andy milonakis?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mimi Tran could sing nothing but praises for the kid, though I have a little but of doubt if it was really Max Muller (btw Max is not his real first name but that is the alias he uses online). She said he seems very adapt at all games and is a very tough opponent and can definitely hold his own in that game. I'll try to find out from my Norwegian buds if it was really Muller.

TheAnswer 02-20-2006 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's "MadCaddy", or at least what I/many have always known him as. He may go by other things online now, but he fits your description in that hes been commercing/online pokering since he was 15. He is always playing the biggest games there, and hes very good and very volatile - hes bought and sold his mercedes more than once.

El Diablo 02-20-2006 06:41 PM

fsu,

Awesome thread. I'm disappointed that it's Chau that's BUSTO since I dig his style, but nonetheless, GREAT GOSSIP!!!!

esbesb 02-20-2006 06:56 PM

Chau is the #1 smartest poker player in the world, so this is not possible.

fsuplayer 02-20-2006 07:15 PM

diablo-

i started this thread with you in mind.

see what you missed by not joining us?!

El Diablo 02-20-2006 07:31 PM

fsu,

Did you hear any rumors about gigabet?

ZBTHorton 02-20-2006 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fsu,

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been told numerous times to some pros that I know that Giga was in debt to half of the poker world before he had his 5 Diamond finish.

Sponger. 02-20-2006 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been told numerous times to some pros that I know that Giga was in debt to half of the poker world before he had his 5 Diamond finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be prepared for 1/2 of the STT forum to come in and flip out after this post.

El Diablo 02-20-2006 08:04 PM

ZBT,

[ QUOTE ]
I've been told numerous times to some pros that I know that Giga was in debt to half of the poker world after he had his 5 Diamond finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

"FYP"

ZBTHorton 02-20-2006 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be prepared for 1/2 of the STT forum to come in and flip out after this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can flip out however much they want.

I have 0 evidence. Just word of mouth. This forum is labeled "gossip" after all.

Caldarooni 02-20-2006 08:12 PM

El D and Others,

More Giga News!! This is exciting stuff.

El Diablo 02-20-2006 08:17 PM

Cald,

I have heard these rumors from well over 10 tourney pros claiming they are absolutely true facts. I have not bothered to dig deeper and find out any facts, as he doesn't owe me any money. I'm sure many of the MTT forum regulars could fill in details if they cared to do so.

Caldarooni 02-20-2006 08:22 PM

El D,

Thanks for the update. I thought Giga only played MTTs and SNGs where it would take some serious effort to go BUSTO.

This news is certainly surprising.

Also, the possibility that Giga may have owed you money makes me smile.

gilbert 02-20-2006 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fsu,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope he redeems himself after the one hand he played in the ultimate poker showdown this past weekend. i know pretty much nothing about tournaments, but his play was pretty poor.

i'm looking forward to seeing him in the bellagio wpt event.

Huckster 02-21-2006 02:43 AM

I promise you that Chau is not bust. I played 1K a point Chinese poker with him a month ago, and he played 2K-4K NLHE,NL2-7 and PLHE two weeks ago. He may not have had a large BR with him this weekend. His box at the Bellagio runath over trust me.

csuf_gambl0r 02-21-2006 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I promise you that Chau is not bust. I played 1K a point Chinese poker with him a month ago, and he played 2K-4K NLHE,NL2-7 and PLHE two weeks ago. He may not have had a large BR with him this weekend. His box at the Bellagio runath over trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You = Huck Seed?

Huckster 02-21-2006 03:23 AM

I prefer Huckleberry. It has been rumored that I am bust, on drugs, in therapy and a host of other nonsense. I do not play as many sessions or as long of seesions as I used to due to other intrests.
Most people think that they know who the contributors to the big game are. They would be surprised to find out the truth.