Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   My Four Mistakes In My Broke Hotshot Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=415806)

David Sklansky 05-30-2007 05:24 PM

My Four Mistakes In My Broke Hotshot Thread

1. Didn't realize that there is some kind of protocol on this forum that one doesn't mention gossip without mentioning names.

2. Didn't realize that most of the readers of this forum were knowledgeable to the point that they already realized that most, if not all, of the super high players were not actually in a class by themselves. More specifically they already agreed with my contention that they couldn't beat 300-600 expert tag teams that I argued for awhile back.

3. I didn't make it clear that I wasn't enjoying anyone's plight. I was only enjoying vindication regarding an argument. An argument where I now realize that almost everyone here already agreed with me.

4. There is some sort of situation regarding Brad Booth that I am totally un aware of. But it seems it is common knowledge to the point that some people are appararently angry at me for making a thinly veiled reference to it. Not true.

I won't be making mistakes like this in future posts.

buckslayer80 05-30-2007 05:29 PM

Re: My Four Mistakes In My Broke Hotshot Thread

[ QUOTE ]
1. Didn't realize that there is some kind of protocol on this forum that one doesn't mention gossip without mentioning names.

2. Didn't realize that most of the readers of this forum were knowledgeable to the point that they already realized that most, if not all, of the super high players were not actually in a class by themselves. More specifically they already agreed with my contention that they couldn't beat 300-600 expert tag teams that I argued for awhile back.

3. I didn't make it clear that I wasn't enjoying anyone's plight. I was only enjoying vindication regarding an argument. An argument where I now realize that almost everyone here already agreed with me.

4. There is some sort of situation regarding Brad Booth that I am totally un aware of. But it seems it is common knowledge to the point that some people are appararently angry at me for making a thinly veiled reference to it. Not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Respek.

shaniac 05-30-2007 05:32 PM

pretty good explanation. apology accepted.

g-p 05-30-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]damn right

luckyjimm 05-30-2007 05:35 PM

More like "one doesn't mention names without mentioning gossip"....

riverdance 05-30-2007 05:37 PM

ds,

can you mentor me into turning 1k to 200k?

ifoughtpiranhas 05-30-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
apology accepted.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think thats what it was

Nick Nefsick 05-30-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ds,

can you mentor anyone into turning 1k to 200k?

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

Moose 05-30-2007 05:49 PM

What else would you call a categorized admission of mistakes?

He listed four mistakes he made, called them mistakes, and then explained why they are mistakes. Looks like an apology to me.

TStoneMBD 05-30-2007 06:01 PM

5. Posting new threads when only 1 is necessary.

skipperbob 05-30-2007 06:01 PM

I also provide mentor services [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EmpireMaker2 05-30-2007 06:20 PM

We get it you think were smart were not so fooled, can someone ban this guy for sucking so much

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 05-30-2007 06:30 PM

If I had known 3) and 4) I wouldnt have made my post.

BluffTHIS! 05-30-2007 06:35 PM

David,

Actually you made another mistake. Although it is obvious as you now realize that a lot of posters here do understand that most of the so-called superstars either aren't as good as many and themselves think, and have just enjoyed the run of postive variance, your making a post on this topic makes even more posters see the truth of that, including possibly some of those so-called superstars who would otherwise have soon gone broke, but now might pull back.

Which means that the truly top players at all levels, who count on making a lot (or getting their money back) off of those guys when they roll down the bankroll and stakes hill to busto, now might not get as much of their action as they would otherwise. Thus you have harmed the type of players like yourself, who depend for a certain portion of their income on former superstars now tilting the rest of their roll off after true winrates finally overtake short-term variance.

Mistake #5: You are tapping someone else's fish tank!

(note that I have tapped it in the past as well, but people don't put near as much stock in what I say as what you do)

tehmatt 05-30-2007 07:02 PM

Huh. Thread needs beedogs.

http://beedogs.com/index_files/image002.jpg

ooinsight 05-30-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://fukung.net/images/1550/400026426_l.jpg

Beedogs are not free

Gunnarr 05-30-2007 07:16 PM

One of the reasons poker is so lucrative for many of us is the laymans belief they are as good as the "pros". This is why I smile when Moneymaker, Gold, etc win tournaments. I also love when Joe amateur sits down at a ring game and plays poker like its a tournament.

Good times

sternroolz 05-30-2007 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ds,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ready to give up the buttsects I see.

EC10 05-30-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had known 3) and 4) I wouldnt have made my post.

[/ QUOTE ]
"THIS IS MADNESS!"

"wait, well. ok it's not THAT mad i guess. "

john voight 05-30-2007 10:41 PM

David, if you want to trade poker lessons for NVG posting protocol lessons I would be willing to help you out.

PM me if interested.

idrinkcoors 05-30-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5. Posting new threads when only 1 is necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

Wondercall 05-31-2007 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

Actually you made another mistake. Although it is obvious as you now realize that a lot of posters here do understand that most of the so-called superstars either aren't as good as many and themselves think, and have just enjoyed the run of postive variance, your making a post on this topic makes even more posters see the truth of that, including possibly some of those so-called superstars who would otherwise have soon gone broke, but now might pull back.

Which means that the truly top players at all levels, who count on making a lot (or getting their money back) off of those guys when they roll down the bankroll and stakes hill to busto, now might not get as much of their action as they would otherwise. Thus you have harmed the type of players like yourself, who depend for a certain portion of their income on former superstars now tilting the rest of their roll off after true winrates finally overtake short-term variance.

Mistake #5: You are tapping someone else's fish tank!

(note that I have tapped it in the past as well, but people don't put near as much stock in what I say as what you do)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what you think!

limon 05-31-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://fukung.net/images/1550/400026426_l.jpg

Beedogs are not free

[/ QUOTE ]

i love the fact that whomever wasted all the time and energy taking off/gathering up all their lame gangster gear to put it on their dog didnt have any 100 dollar bills to use as props. that poor dog... i guess it figures

PITTM 05-31-2007 02:02 AM

david,

i accept your apology for being a terrible poster.

regards,
rj

crancspanc 05-31-2007 02:43 AM

Sklanksky is tutoring Brandi with poker.

Brandi is obviously tutoring Sklanksky with drama.

Whitewash 05-31-2007 10:26 AM

Wait... people actually play live, limit poker?

betgo 05-31-2007 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait... people actually play live, limit poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sklansky is a dinosaur. I think he plays 300/600 limit holdem mostly, but he may also play some NLHE and high limit mixed games.

StrongArm 05-31-2007 11:13 AM

David Sklansky = Johnny Drama

grdred944 05-31-2007 12:16 PM

Re: What else would you call a categorized admission of mistakes?

[ QUOTE ]
He listed four mistakes he made, called them mistakes, and then explained why they are mistakes. Looks like an apology to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corrections, not an apology.

BigShadyRash 05-31-2007 01:05 PM

Re: What else would you call a categorized admission of mistakes?

6 Posting without being aware of his image

B.Greenstein would have posted the same thread about some hotshots being broke, no one would have cared/felt offended..
There s always this fine line between being right and acting right..
Second post : tryin' to teach a lesson to D Slansky lol
Guess I' ll be givin an advice to aba on how to play Toppair OOPfor my third one!

SkinnyLittleTwig 11-26-2007 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We get it you think were smart were not so fooled, can someone ban this guy for sucking so much

[/ QUOTE ]

poker_n00b 11-26-2007 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ds,

[/ QUOTE ]

only if u let him steak u into satellites

carol-ann 11-27-2007 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sklanksky is tutoring Brandi with poker.

Brandi is obviously tutoring Sklanksky with drama.

[/ QUOTE ]hahaha qft

David, this thread is a much better one than the previous one. Still, you could learn to just reply in the original threads instead of starting a new one every time you feel like it.

Scansion 11-27-2007 04:21 PM

Sklansky needs to just give up on this whole posting thing.