Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   New Party Points System (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=414603)

Sciolist 05-29-2007 11:17 AM

New Party Points System

I've seen some people refer to this in the SSNL Cheese thread and was surprised to not see it being discussed here. I can't login to Party from here: Does anyone have any details? What's changed? Is it good?

shipitkthx 05-29-2007 12:24 PM

Re: New Party Points System

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen some people refer to this in the SSNL Cheese thread and was surprised to not see it being discussed here. I can't login to Party from here: Does anyone have any details? What's changed? Is it good?

[/ QUOTE ]

New System:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...artypoints.jpg

PartyScout 05-29-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It aprears to be better although apearances can be decieiving.
Big coporparations dont make changes unless they gain IMO
This does seem pretty vague

Rainclouds 05-29-2007 02:28 PM

Seems to be a lot better and it looks like they want to compete with Stars' FPP program. We'll see how it turns out.

LouisCyphre 05-29-2007 03:15 PM

Where did you find the information about the new points system?
All I could find is:

https://secure.partyaccount.com/pc/p...earnpoints.htm

londomollari 05-29-2007 03:41 PM

How many points do you need per quarter for deuces?

hime 05-29-2007 04:23 PM

Wait, that chart was serious?

Frogic 05-29-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

20k. The best thing is they are starting you based on what you should be. You can see what you are by going to My Account -> Statements. If anyone can figure out what the rakeback is for limit they shall receive much love.

Frogic

4thstreetpete 05-29-2007 05:22 PM

This is awesome. I like it, it's about time party tried to compete with Stars and other poker sites with their rewards program. I don't buy it that Party made these changes for nothing, it's a pretty drastic change. They're most likely trying to reclaim their #1 position again and get back all their high stakes players. I'll take 20% equivalent rakeback direct from party any day.

Also, where do you guys see the Deuce level on Party's website? The highest tier I see right now is Aces.

4thstreetpete 05-29-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

New System:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this for full ring? Anyone figure out the equivalent for 6 max NL?

notreallymyname 05-29-2007 09:26 PM

The high stakes players (to be precise, all VIPs) were getting constant cash for points promotions better than this anyway, right?

1968 05-29-2007 09:49 PM

it says the points accumulate each quarter.. so if you get to 'king status' in one quarter- does that carry over to the next quarter?..
Details seem vague.

4thstreetpete 05-29-2007 10:07 PM

yeah that was what I'm thinking about too. Does the new tier levels accumulate every quarter? or do we start earning at the new rates right away. Stupid me sold all my points and now have to start all over, but it won't take too long but still sucks if it accumulates next quarter.

Another thing I'm wondering about. It says you get points for every 20 raked hands. So if I play 18 raked hands today and 2 raked hands tomorrow do I still get credit for all 20 raked hands? or do they just cut you off.

jimmyfingers 05-29-2007 10:43 PM

seriously, partypoker doesn't make it easy to find this stuff.

when you hit your point target, do you move up right away? or do you only get upgraded at the end of every quarter like with the old system?

Tuomash 05-30-2007 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, where do you guys see the Deuce level on Party's website? The highest tier I see right now is Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sciolist 05-30-2007 04:42 AM

The Party site doesn't mention the Deuce level. To be honest I'm not even sure if people are being serious when they're talking about it, but 20k points isn't a completely unreasonable amount, they used to need 50k to get to Gold afterall.

Also (based on very little knowledge), I doubt that Party can compete with the PS FPP system because of the way Party pay their affiliates right now.

notreallymyname 05-30-2007 06:09 AM

The deuce level is real, check https://secure.partyaccount.com/gene...s/pc/d_sml.gif

Since party support were their usual helpful selves, answering questions I didn't even ask, here's some speculation on how it works based on what I see:

Upgrades are daily. Not actually speculation in this case, it's mentioned... somewhere.
Downgrades are quarterly. Also not speculation, it wasn't what I asked but they answered it anyway.
Your starting status for the next quarter is based on the points you had at the end of the last. This is based on the partypoints summary page where it says "to upgrade to ... level" by requirements for higher levels and "to retain ... level" by lower.
It doesn't care if you spend the points. Obviously.

Rainclouds 05-30-2007 07:51 AM

I like it. Based on the info available, it's really easy to get to the Deuces level.

Starting at Jacks, you need 150 base PP's to reach Queens.
To reach Kings you need 1850/2 + 150 = 1075
To reach Aces 4000/3 + 1075 = 2408
To reach Deuces 14000/4 + 2408 = 5908.
To retain it the next quarter you only need 20K/7.5 = 2.7K points.

So just under 6K points to get to the highest level and less than 3K points to retain it. In the old system, you needed 10K points to escape from the lowest level! Great improvement.

Rainclouds 05-30-2007 08:01 AM

Also, I expect that there will be no more high roller promo's, because in the new system, that promo could earn you up to over 100% rakeback [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flintoff 05-30-2007 08:02 AM

Typical Party. I asked them to explain the Deuces club and the points system. I already knew I was in it.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting us.

With regards to your email, I have checked your account and can confirm
that you are a member of the Deuces Club.

Please be assured that the executive host assigned to your account will
contact you very soon and will be able to answer any questions you may
have.

Kind regards

Diane
PartyPoker Customer Care

notreallymyname 05-30-2007 08:07 AM

Obviously only the basic ("standard") points count towards attaining the different levels. It's not _that_ easy.

jimmyfingers 05-30-2007 08:32 AM

i love how party puts this on their website:

"The PartyPoints program is a one of its kind, tiered loyalty program that earns you PartyPoints for the real money you wager at any of the participating web properties."

when clearly the entire program is a direct rip off from stars. no complaints of course, they picked a good rewards structure to steal

Chomp 05-30-2007 09:36 AM

This is so bizarre. Party has changed the wording on this since yesterday.

Yesterday in the Details section about the Aces Club it said "It doesn't get any better than this", which was odd considering it clearly DOES get better than this. The wording has now been changed to: "The ultimate package - it’s VIP** all the way" etc.

So yesterday it didn't get any better than Aces, but today it does, but they still can't tell us what that means. I mean, wtf??

So, PP get their new points system ready for the update, and then somehow make a balls of the explanation? Months of work and thought no doubt went into it and yet they make such a bags of it? Totally bizarre.

And still the Deuces Club is like a big secret. Just totally baffling. I mean, if people know they can move up from Aces, why not give them the incentive to do that? Why the smoke and mirrors??

I emailed them asking about the Deuces Club and still no reply. Ho hum.

** This also throws up an additional confusion about the distinction between VIP and Aces Club, but that's a muddle too far for me.

marand 05-30-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like 20k, but I can't find any information what it actually gives me. https://secure.partyaccount.com/pc/p...ly_summary.htm

PartyPoints summary
Current tier Deuce Last updated 05/22/2007
Current points 32,121 Standard points earned in the current quarter 161,335

Tier details PartyPoints required to upgrade/retain Current status
Deuce To Retain Deuce Club level 20,000 Retained
Aces To Retain Aces level 6,000 Retained
Kings To Retain Kings level 2,000 Retained
Queens To Retain Queens level 150 Retained

lotus guardian 05-30-2007 11:34 AM

Experience the ultimate package including:

one-to-one personal service with your own executive host
concierge-style �no problem too small� support
free cash, wire, and FedEx transfers
invitations to exclusive VIP special events and parties
an exclusive invitation to our quarterly $15,000 freeroll
convert PartyPoints to cash at any time

slim 05-30-2007 12:24 PM

so I log on today and there's a big "DEUCE" card of which I am now a member (wooohooo!) I click on the pic and it explains the points system A,K,Q,J.....no Deuce! The only thing I can think of is that A is the highest level (4 times multiplier) and Deuce is just A plus VIP stautus? i.e still only 4 times multi but you get a personal host and other stuff?

BTW on my first day in this new system, I'm down 50BB. Can anyone say Doomswitch?

lotus guardian 05-30-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

New System:

[/ QUOTE ]
Did anyone check this? Is it limit or NL, 6max or FR?

I made a quick calc (might be wrong) for NL200 6max and it's about 7.24% rb for aces level.

lotus guardian 05-30-2007 02:07 PM

Where did you guys hear that dueces gets a 7.5 multiplier? This is the response I got from party:

Dear xxxx,

Thanks for contacting us.

As stated on the website the new PartyPoints program has 4 levels,
Jacks, Queens, Kings and Aces.

However players who earn more than 20,000 standard points in a quarter
would be eligible for special benefits. They will be personally informed
of the details once they earn the required points.

Rainclouds 05-30-2007 02:20 PM

Lotus: as far as I checked, it is for 6max NL.
Of course, The actual RB equivalent percentage depends on playing styles: a LAG pays more rake per 100 hands than a TAG, but the number of partypoints are the same for everyone at the table. So you are probably a LAG, am I right? For me the chart is about right.

zacman 05-30-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I can think of is that A is the highest level (4 times multiplier) and Deuce is just A plus VIP stautus? i.e still only 4 times multi but you get a personal host and other stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deuce multiplier is 7.5

4thstreetpete 05-30-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you guys hear that dueces gets a 7.5 multiplier? This is the response I got from party:

Dear xxxx,

Thanks for contacting us.

As stated on the website the new PartyPoints program has 4 levels,
Jacks, Queens, Kings and Aces.

However players who earn more than 20,000 standard points in a quarter
would be eligible for special benefits. They will be personally informed
of the details once they earn the required points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfking believable, I emailed Party asking about the Deuces level (that I learned on 2+2) and got back the exact same email verbatim. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to go back for more punishment when I actually get more info here on 2+2 than Party's CS support.

Why they have to keep this Deuce level thing top secret is beyond me. Why not just put it out there to make your vip club more attractive and actually attract more people to your site? Had I not been a member of 2+2 I would not know this and probably just play on party occasionally.

Rainclouds 05-30-2007 05:59 PM

Seems like the customer support works as follows:

[customer support bot running]
[email received]
[run keyword spotting algorithm]
[if keyword found then insert corresponding standard email]
[insert random girl's name at the bottom]
[wait 24 hours]
[send email back]

Has anyone ever received a non-standard template email?

O Twist 05-30-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

New System:

[/ QUOTE ]

For every For every 20 raked hands played, you will earn points based on the following chart*:
Limit games
Limit PartyPoints*
$.05/$.10 0.75
$.10/$.20 0.75
$.15/$.30 0.75
$.25/$.50 1
$.50/$1.00 3.5
$1.00/$2.00 3.5
$2.00/$4.00 11
$3.00/$6.00 14
$5.00/$10.00 15
$10.00/$20.00 17
$15.00/$30.00 17
$20.00/$40.00 17
$30.00/$60.00 18
$50.00/$100.00 30
$100.00/$200.00 35
No-limit and pot-limit games
Blinds PartyPoints*
$.02/$.04 1.25
$.05/$.10 1.25
$.10/$.25 2
$.25/$.50 3
$.50/$1.00 5
$1.00/$2.00 8
$2.00/$4.00 12
$3.00/$6.00 14
$5.00/$10.00 16
$10.00/$20.00 18
$25.00/$50.00 30

So to me if you are aces and you play 10,000 raked hans at say 3/6 limit or n/l you get 10,000 x 14/20 x 4 x x.01= $280.
if you assume rake averages $1.00 per hand (maybe someone has a better number) and your at a average 9 person table
then rakeback rate is 280/10,000/9)= 25.2

I guess that is what the chart is saying. I did this as I didn't quite understand the chart. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Go ahead "rake" me over the coals.

Rainclouds 05-30-2007 07:17 PM

First part of your calculation is correct, second part is wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

10,000 raked hands equals about 15,000 hands, as 1 in 3 hands see no flop and therefore are not raked.

I don't know about the rake on 3/6 limit, but assume $1 is correct, then the rakeback rate is 280/15,0000/(1/9)=16.8%

Looking at the chart, the limit players get disproportional more party points compared to the NL players and therefore get more 'rakeback'. And wow, look at the difference between 1/2 and 2/4 limit. That's insane. You could virtually make a job out of PP-grinding 12-tabling the 2/4 or 3/6 limit tables!

EDIT: I think I'm wrong about the 1 in 3 that see no flop in limit. That's the case at NL, I actually don't know how that is in limit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

shipitkthx 05-30-2007 07:39 PM

Just so everyone knows this is how I did the calculations for the chart:

I used my massive datamined DB to get the data total hands, # of raked hands, Total Rake taken, and what the average number of players were hand was. (This is all 6max No Limit)

I then calculated the average MGR of each hand like so:

((Total Rake)/(Total Hands))/(Average # of players per hand) = Average MGR Per Hand

I think calculated the average number of Party Points given Per Hand like so:

((Points Per 20 Raked Hands)/20) = Points Per Raked Hand.

(Points Per Raked Hand)*(Total Raked Hands/Total Hands) = Points Per Hand

I then took the Points Per Hand and calculated the expected cash value of those points at each level like so:

(Points Per Hand) * $0.01 * Multiplier = Cash Value Per Hand

I then calculated the big blind/100 equivalent like so:

bb/100 = (Expected Cash Value Per Hand/Big Blind)

I then calculated the rakeback equivalent like so:

RB% = (Expected Cash Value Per Hand/MGR Per Hand)

Also, it appears I had a major error in one of my formulas that was messing up the data, this has now been fixed and the chart has been updated.

jimmyfingers 05-30-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it appears I had a major error in one of my formulas that was messing up the data, this has now been fixed and the chart has been updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

updated and hidden neatly under your pillow?

shipitkthx 05-30-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

updated and hidden neatly under your pillow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reload this page, the numbers on the graphic are now correct. I'm good like that.

O Twist 05-30-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First part of your calculation is correct, second part is wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

10,000 raked hands equals about 15,000 hands, as 1 in 3 hands see no flop and therefore are not raked.

I don't know about the rake on 3/6 limit, but assume $1 is correct, then the rakeback rate is 280/15,0000/(1/9)=16.8%

Looking at the chart, the limit players get disproportional more party points compared to the NL players and therefore get more 'rakeback'. And wow, look at the difference between 1/2 and 2/4 limit. That's insane. You could virtually make a job out of PP-grinding 12-tabling the 2/4 or 3/6 limit tables!

EDIT: I think I'm wrong about the 1 in 3 that see no flop in limit. That's the case at NL, I actually don't know how that is in limit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think nonraked hands matters as I am refering to raked hands played in both cases not total hands as they do not produce
rakeback or points so I think they are nebulous as far as calc goes. My $1 was estimate for raked hands only. It might be a little off.

Sciolist 05-31-2007 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like the customer support works as follows:

[customer support bot running]
[email received]
[run keyword spotting algorithm]
[if keyword found then insert corresponding standard email]
[insert random girl's name at the bottom]
[wait 24 hours]
[send email back]

Has anyone ever received a non-standard template email?

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently they are discouraged from answering mails with anything but templates.

1968 05-31-2007 06:35 AM

Can someone please PM me about 'the unmentionable' on Party.. any details appreciated..
Cheers.