Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My Table (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=413818)

Jeff76 05-28-2007 10:25 AM

My Table

We didn't put legs on this- not sure if we will since I have a nice farmer-style kitchen table that this will sit on nicely.

At any rate, we did this over the weekend so I'll have something to use with my new chip set when it comes in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...n/table020.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...n/table038.jpg

snoopdawg 05-28-2007 10:30 AM

Re: My Table

I really like that and considered building one pretty similar (color-wise). Do you find that the black gets dirty (with lint and the likes)?

Jeff76 05-28-2007 11:06 AM

Heh, well since we just finished it yesterday, I have no idea. We are having our first game on it on Wednesday. I will post a trip report.

KAknight 05-28-2007 11:50 AM

Looks nice. Is the surface velveteen? What did you use for rail padding and surface padding?

DigitalDeuce 05-28-2007 11:55 AM

There is a website detailing exactly how to make this table from start to finish (with legs as well). Nice looking tables.

pismeyer 05-28-2007 12:08 PM

Table looks really nice. I too had the same intention of laying the table on top of the kitchen table.

However, it became a hassle and moved slightly on the kitchen table. I found a 6'-0" folding office table at a garage sale ($10) and screwed the poker table directly to it.

Now the table has it's own legs and can be moved from room to room and house to house if need be.

Looks great though, have fun!

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Grasshopp3r 05-28-2007 12:29 PM

If you place this on top of another table, you need to have a pad so that the table does not get scratched. Also, setting up some sort of anchoring system, such as some brackets or blocks will stop the topper from sliding.

Jeff76 05-28-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the surface velveteen?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes

[ QUOTE ]
What did you use for rail padding and surface padding?

[/ QUOTE ]We used high density foam for the rail padding (on sale this weekend!) and I forgot what it's called for under the surface, but it's that really thin stuff that looks like super thin batting.

Jeff76 05-28-2007 02:49 PM

Yeah, if we find that it slides too much on the kitchen table (and we are going to put something under it so the kitchen table doesn't get scratched) we'll just go ahead and order legs for it. The thing is, right now the best room to have it in is the one with the kitchen table.

Jeff76 05-28-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a website detailing exactly how to make this table from start to finish (with legs as well). Nice looking tables.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, we actually looked at a couple of different sites. I'm not a build-it-yourself kind of guy, but my brother-in-law is and when I told him I was thinking about buying a table he jumped at the idea.

Really I just bought the materials and picked out the colors. He did most of the real work involved.

And yeah, the black felt with the blond race track is a total rip off of one of the how-to-build-a-poker-table sites because I thought it just looked so awesome in the picture. And it looks good in real life too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EMc 05-29-2007 02:20 AM

Get some more padding, that green stuff from like Joann Fabric or whatever to protect the kitchen table and it will also stop it from sliding.

dcasper70 05-29-2007 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get some more padding, that green stuff from like Joann Fabric or whatever to protect the kitchen table and it will also stop it from sliding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Carpet padding works well too (and is much cheaper)

Nice job OP

dfkdfk 06-05-2007 03:10 PM

also consider the "webbed" anti slip stuff people use to line their shelves with... my parents use it to secure rugs in front of the fridge / kitchen sink / etc. It should come in pretty big rolls - perhaps not wide enough to cover the entire table but if your creative it may work.

Jeff76 06-14-2007 11:29 AM

OK, well it took a while but we finally got a real game going on this table.

We put it on the kitchen table with a cover in between. This worked great- it didn't move and the table wasn't scratched. This being said, we'll be moving soon and when we do I intent to find a permanent place to have this up all the time (and I'll put legs on it when we do). It's just to friggen heavy to keep pulling out every time we want to use it.

The cloth did really well. My 8 year old nephew (who sat at the table for about 30 minutes when I first put it up) managed to get crumbs all over it from a cookie, but this seemed to come up relatively easily.

We played the nosebleed stakes of .10/.20 limit HE and everyone had a blast. Tons of new players who'd never played before and they all said it was more fun than thaey thought it would be. It was really nice to be able to sit 9 players around the table comfortably and made for a really fun, casual game.

I am hopeful that I'll be able to find a group of players after I move that will be willing to play some higher stakes, but even playing No Fold Em Hold Em with a group of friends was great fun. The funniest thing was, the two players who had never played before (I gave each a 5 minute crash course before we began) actually played pretty well and came away ahead.

Anyway, my new chips are coming in tomorrow, so I'll be posting pics of those soon. Suffice to say, this will probably be the highest quality .10/.20 game around! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JimmyGunz 06-16-2007 04:25 AM

nice first table. next time buy a nicer piece of plwood for on top. it looks like u got a regular piece.

And yes it will be the nicest 20 cent game ever

Jeff76 06-16-2007 05:57 AM

The top was a higher quality piece than the bottom was. I don't remember the makeup, but it definitely is nicer looking.

Ricky_Bobby 06-18-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, well it took a while but we finally got a real game going on this table.

We put it on the kitchen table with a cover in between. This worked great- it didn't move and the table wasn't scratched. This being said, we'll be moving soon and when we do I intent to find a permanent place to have this up all the time (and I'll put legs on it when we do). It's just to friggen heavy to keep pulling out every time we want to use it.

The cloth did really well. My 8 year old nephew (who sat at the table for about 30 minutes when I first put it up) managed to get crumbs all over it from a cookie, but this seemed to come up relatively easily.

We played the nosebleed stakes of .10/.20 limit HE and everyone had a blast. Tons of new players who'd never played before and they all said it was more fun than thaey thought it would be. It was really nice to be able to sit 9 players around the table comfortably and made for a really fun, casual game.

I am hopeful that I'll be able to find a group of players after I move that will be willing to play some higher stakes, but even playing No Fold Em Hold Em with a group of friends was great fun. The funniest thing was, the two players who had never played before (I gave each a 5 minute crash course before we began) actually played pretty well and came away ahead.

Anyway, my new chips are coming in tomorrow, so I'll be posting pics of those soon. Suffice to say, this will probably be the highest quality .10/.20 game around! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear I'm not the only freak playing with nickel chips that cost a dollar apiece and a custom table to play .30/.60 limit and .10/.20 NL/PL. (I bought my chips with online poker money so it doesn't really feel like I've spent over $600 on the damn things)

Kudos on the table, one of these days I'll post pics of mine. BTW, Lowe's, Menards, probably Home Depot have the folding leg sets and they're about 20 bucks I think when you decide to get legs. Now you need to get a 3" holesaw and make some cup holders. My wife got 9 of em on Ebay for 20 bucks or something.

Jeff76 06-19-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bought my chips with online poker money so it doesn't really feel like I've spent over $600 on the damn things

[/ QUOTE ]Heh, same here. I wouldn't have paid that much with my OWN mony, obv (funny how in my brain it makes a difference where the money came from).

At any rate, they finally came in; I need to post pics soon . . .

John49 06-22-2007 01:42 PM

money