Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Brag: Blazers 1st pick (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=412112)

RoyalAsn 05-25-2007 10:30 PM

Brag: Blazers 1st pick

Beat: Season tickets have gone way up.

Variance: Pleasepleaseplease take Oden

Infi3ld Fly 05-25-2007 10:31 PM

Re: Brag: Blazers 1st pick

only a couple days late

RoyalAsn 05-25-2007 10:32 PM

Is there some kind of time limit sucka?

En Passant 05-25-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Variance: Pleasepleaseplease take Oden

[/ QUOTE ]

Not suprised you would say this. Durant > Oden and its not even close.

RoyalAsn 05-25-2007 10:34 PM

Centers win championships.

eurythmech 05-25-2007 10:45 PM

Blazers for champs yo?

En Passant 05-25-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would take the less talented player because you think centers win championships?

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And RBIs are a good indicator of how good a player is.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. OBP is.

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would take the less talented player because you think centers win championships?

[/ QUOTE ]

andrew bogut > deron williams/chris paul any day of the week, ldo.

ditto for darko > wade/bosh/melo

Infi3ld Fly 05-25-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there some kind of time limit sucka?

[/ QUOTE ]

ur lucky ur asian, thats all i have to say [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] lol

RoyalAsn 05-25-2007 10:52 PM

You really think that Oden=bogut or darko? ...wow

En Passant 05-25-2007 10:53 PM

Yea, I was being sarcastic with the RBI comment, in response to his centers winning championships comment. Sorry you didnt pick up on that.

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really think that Oden=bogut or darko? ...wow

[/ QUOTE ]

no i don't. oden's much better than both. but durant is much better than oden.

En Passant 05-25-2007 10:55 PM

Also, do you realy think Oden is going to be an effective center? He was bigger than everyone in college, but that is going to change in the NBA. Durant also put up the same rebounding numbers as him. I think Durant is going to be a franchise player, I just dont think I can say the same for Oden.

rubbrband 05-25-2007 10:56 PM

I am a sonics fan and will be happy no matter what although the sonics could use a center.

RoyalAsn 05-25-2007 10:56 PM

Well I don't think centers win championships, it's obvious that they do. And when there are a million good 3 guards in the league and 3 or 4 good centers, then yes I'd think about taking a slightly worse center.

mbillie1 05-25-2007 10:58 PM

You guys are all jokes, because the Knicks will acquire Vince Carter and as we all know the NBA scoring system next year will involve the oldest, most washed-up, unclutch and overpaid players being on the same court and the Knicks will go undefeated. GO KNICKS!!!!

RoyalAsn 05-25-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blazers for dynasty yo?

[/ QUOTE ]

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, do you realy think Oden is going to be an effective center? He was bigger than everyone in college, but that is going to change in the NBA. Durant also put up the same rebounding numbers as him. I think Durant is going to be a franchise player, I just dont think I can say the same for Oden.

[/ QUOTE ]

lemme get this point across. i was being sarcastic and comparing taking oden over durant to taking bogut over etc and darko over etc just because of the position instead of the actual talent.

that said, oden is an AMAZING defender at 19, very raw. give him a couple of years for him to become polished and he can easily be one the best big man defenders in the nba (still not sold on his offense).

durant is far better overall though and will have a greater career, and if it were up to me i'd take him first.

XXXNoahXXX 05-25-2007 10:59 PM

Anyone who picks Durant over Oden for a random team is just trying to pick the losing side of an argument to see how good they can support it.

Durant is awesome. He will probably make the Sportscenter Top 10 more often than Oden. Oden, however, will win a championship some time down the road.

En Passant 05-25-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lemme get this point across. i was being sarcastic and comparing taking oden over durant to taking bogut over etc and darko over etc just because of the position instead of the actual talent.

that said, oden is an AMAZING defender at 19, very raw. give him a couple of years for him to become polished and he can easily be one the best big man defenders in the nba (still not sold on his offense).

durant is far better overall though and will have a greater career, and if it were up to me i'd take him first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I am not saying Oden is a bum. I am just saying Durant is going to be SO good.

En Passant 05-25-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Durant is awesome. He will probably make the Sportscenter Top 10 more often than Oden. Oden, however, will win a championship some time down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. DUCY

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 11:05 PM

another thing to consider, osu still had conley. durant singlehandedly lifted texas from unranked to final four contender, and were it not for that fluke ass game against usc that i STILL can't believe happened, durant might be the undisputed #1. the blazers can't go wrong no matter who they take, ditto for seattle, both will have great careers, but the notion that centers win championships is retarded...they help, but just because oden plays center doesn't mean he'll win a title before durant.

EDIT: for reference, see miami/detroit/whoever comes out of the east this year

BillNye 05-25-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. DUCY

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes sense, Durant makes the flashy plays while Oden wins.

Its kinda like: Vick makes the sportcenter top 10, but Brady wins the SB.

RoyalAsn 05-25-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: for reference, see miami/detroit/whoever comes out of the east this year

[/ QUOTE ]

they'll just lose to the tim duncan headed spurs...

rubbrband 05-25-2007 11:12 PM

I will pose this argument by pitting Shaq vs Kobe a dominent center and a dominant shooting guard. Without Shaq the lakers sucked Kobe was helpless. Without Kobe Shaq still owned.

En Passant 05-25-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another thing to consider, osu still had conley. durant singlehandedly lifted texas from unranked to final four contender, and were it not for that fluke ass game against usc that i STILL can't believe happened, durant might be the undisputed #1. the blazers can't go wrong no matter who they take, ditto for seattle, both will have great careers, but the notion that centers win championships is retarded...they help, but just because oden plays center doesn't mean he'll win a title before durant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Here is an analogy. John Kruk said that John Garland deserved to in the 2005 CY Young award at one point of the season due to the fact that he led the league in wins (16). Even though his individual stats such as ERA and WHIP were considerably lower than other pitchers, Kruker though he should get the award because he won games. But why was him winning games? Because he was among the top in the league in run support and the team's relievers were great.

Oden had much better teammates. Durant played more minutes, points, assets, and higher free throw percentage, with teams not having to worry about his teammates as much. Also considering that Oden wont be that big in the NBA, I think not taking Durant is a big mistake.

rubbrband 05-25-2007 11:14 PM

Tim Duncan and Shaq win all the championships. The only player who makes an exception to this is Jordan and he is kind of a special case lol.

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will pose this argument by pitting Shaq vs Kobe a dominent center and a dominant shooting guard. Without Shaq the lakers sucked Kobe was helpless. Without Kobe Shaq still owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

without kobe shaq did barely [censored]. wade was the reason the heat won that title.

better still: without kobe/without wade shaq blew a 3-2 lead against the pistons in the eastern finals.

En Passant 05-25-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, you can't compare Shaq to Oden. Shaq is the questionably most dominant player of all time.

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

without kobe shaq did barely [censored]. wade was the reason the heat won that title.

better still: without kobe/without wade shaq blew a 3-2 lead against the pistons in the eastern finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

shaq was swept by the houston rockets in the finals. kobe can't win without shaq, shaq can't win without a kobe (or wade). hakeem doesn't win without drexler. kareem doesn't win without magic. duncan is an anomoly. duncan has no real #2 on that team but is surrounded by role players who are good at what they do and that system wins championships similar to jordan's (and even jordan had pippen)

rubbrband 05-25-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was talking when they were on the same team win percentages are staggering with a Shaqless Kobe or a Kobeless Shaq. Shaq is much older now and not a great comparison.

If wade is so good why did it take an old beat up shaq for him to win? Why did Kobe's team turn to [censored] without him?

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was talking when they were on the same team win percentages are staggering with a Shaqless Kobe or a Kobeless Shaq. Shaq is much older now and not a great comparison.

If wade is so good why did it take an old beat up shaq for him to win? Why did Kobe's team turn to [censored] without him?

[/ QUOTE ]

that was ONE YEAR AFTER HE LEFT

and are you kidding me? wade's rookie year the team was so [censored] bad that riley retired just to get away from it so he doesn't have a bad season as a coach. so what does wade do? with ron jeremy as his coach and absolutely no talent around him, wade takes them to the playoffs anyway IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR, and almost pulls off a first round upset.

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 11:21 PM

and kobe's team turned to [censored] around him because the next best player was smush parker.

mbillie1 05-25-2007 11:22 PM

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2006/0...tball1_300.jpg

lol basketball

rubbrband 05-25-2007 11:26 PM

How is getting into the playoffs in the east an accomplishment?

rubbrband 05-25-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and kobe's team turned to [censored] around him because the next best player was smush parker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kobe has Odom who could be his pippin if he would pass the ball lol.

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is getting into the playoffs in the east an accomplishment?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Kobe has Odom who could be his pippin if he would pass the ball lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this is giving me a headache.

believe what you want, you're wrong

/arguement

mbillie1 05-25-2007 11:31 PM

Someone address my brilliant insight on the NY Knicks

gogogogo

BowToYourSensei 05-25-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all jokes, because the Knicks will acquire Vince Carter and as we all know the NBA scoring system next year will involve the oldest, most washed-up, unclutch and overpaid players being on the same court and the Knicks will go undefeated. GO KNICKS!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant insight