Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The Well:FGators (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=411960)

FGators 05-25-2007 07:07 PM

The Well:FGators

Free space in the well so 2+2's favorite figured he'd hop in and answer some questions. Go ahead...

spyderracing 05-25-2007 07:08 PM

Re: The Well:FGators

What's your poker story? (ldo)

Jigsaws 05-25-2007 07:10 PM

Whee.

What did you do to get into a positive mindset after your big losses (as chronicled in BBV)?

I think you said you wanted to do this Well because you are mostly leaving 2+2 and poker. Could you expand on why you are doing so?

When and how did you start playing poker? How did you grind yourself up to 200NL?

FGators 05-25-2007 07:16 PM

Started with a $20 transfer from a friend in the summer of 2005. Was down to $10, back to $30 playing one table of .25/.50 NL. really stupid I know but I felt like it was $20 so minds well go balls to the wall ($20 was a lot of money back then, I was a soph. in college and basically a scared gambler) Remember hitting a flush over flush when I was up to $35 to double the roll. Then played a $1 tournament and ended up getting 3rd out of like 2000 back when Stars paid 10% on the $1 tournaments. Read HOH, saw 2+2 on the back covered, registered, read a few more poker books (Hellmuth's,Super System,Little Green Book), basically got engrossed in the game. Made a final table of a $2 event and got the roll to around $400 between $5 sit n gos, .10/.25 2 tabling, and $1,$2 MTTs.

Took a shot trying a $22/180 man on a boring Friday night, got 4th running hot.

Then I went to all MTTs and had an okay winning streak but no wins or top fives. The weekend of Easter I played a 180 man, won it, then won another a day later, and got third the next day. That was my big entry into poker.

I started grinding $.50/$1 on Stars and $1/2 playing 3-4 tables, then 6, then too many. I began a winner, got my roll up to $10k+, then lost the famous 77buyins staying afloat amist a few good tournaments scores and the Stars VIP bonuses.

made a few BBV posts that became legendary, I guess, but at the same time quietly read the strategy forums while people thought all I did was bitch and whine. Tried to develop my game and become less predictable, something of which I'm still fixing.

Been playing $2/4 the last 2 days and actually won 8.5 buyins yesterday.

That was the semi-short of it...

mrTEA 05-25-2007 07:19 PM

i just wanna say you're the [censored] man

peace

FGators 05-25-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whee.

What did you do to get into a positive mindset after your big losses (as chronicled in BBV)?

I think you said you wanted to do this Well because you are mostly leaving 2+2 and poker. Could you expand on why you are doing so?

When and how did you start playing poker? How did you grind yourself up to 200NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get very emotional about poker, especially when Im running bad. I decided to set a bankroll level and if I lost the money I would cash out and find a new hobby. I was so negative when I made that post that I thought it was a definite to happen. Fortuantely I started playing better and running better and it's never come to that. Since the streak I would have to drop like $10k for me to quit (which given history and my crazy swings is not impossible playing $1/2 or taking $2/4 shots).

FGators 05-25-2007 07:21 PM

Oh, and for those wondering what got me to take a $20 transfer and why I got into poker it's the same old thing you hear all the time...Chris Moneymaker/ESPN. ESPN got me hooked on poker. I used to play 5 card draw/stupid kiddie games like War with friends when I was little as well as my grandmom so I enjoyed anything related to card games. There was just something cool about poker which pushed me into getting more involved in the game.

plan9 05-25-2007 07:22 PM

PokerEV graph?

Edit: Your story is pretty cool and I'm glad to hear you're playing/running better.

FGators 05-25-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerEV graph?

Edit: Your story is pretty cool and I'm glad to hear you're playing/running better.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have access to any graphs...on my family's home computer now that I'm all done with school.

FastPlaySlow 05-25-2007 07:25 PM

What's the worst downswing you've ever had?

Who's your favorite poker player?

Do you believe in luck?

sc000t 05-25-2007 07:28 PM

Who were some of the better players at the 100nl level that you try to stay away from, or at least respect their game?

A good 2p2 posts that you read that feel really help your game?

What should i do while stars is down?

FGators 05-25-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the worst downswing you've ever had?

Who's your favorite poker player?

Do you believe in luck?

[/ QUOTE ]

77 downswing.

My favorite poker player is probably Antonio Esfandiari

Yes, I believe in luck and I'm superstitious as hell. I am trying to find an article of clothing or a food that will help me run sick hot. I'm not sure I've found it but that Eagle Eye Cherry Song: Save Tonight is the luckiest song ever for me and I have it on repeat right now.

ImsaKidd 05-25-2007 07:30 PM

Fgators I respect you a lot more after reading your posts thus far in this thread.

FGators 05-25-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who were some of the better players at the 100nl level that you try to stay away from, or at least respect their game?

A good 2p2 posts that you read that feel really help your game?

What should i do while stars is down?

[/ QUOTE ]

100NL was a while ago but it's basically the people that bounce around 100 NL up to 400 NL. I find knecht_poker really good and annoying and I always feel that he has the best of me and he probably thinks I suck. BGNight is solid. orange are Cariadon are good...I try to avoid Cariadon more than most of the regulars. Carrotsnake and JonnyCosMo know what they are doing and I used to be afraid of them but I'm not anymore.

A guy that isn't an amazing player but annoys me is GodlikeRoy...probably 2+2. He's borderline insane in a lot of spots and I never know if he has it.

FGators 05-25-2007 07:35 PM

Forgot to answer who I respect at 2+2. I have a major, major MANCRUSH on Big_Jim in MSNL. He is a SICK poster and I pretty much always want his input in posts. I think he's the best poster on the site from a strategy standpoint. aejones,MDMA,DJ Sensei,etc of MSNL are good,too. Everyone mentions them as cash game posters they listen to and its deserved.

I like to read Foucault,LFTV,Ansky,MLG,and adanthar in MTT. Those are the guys I basically worshiped when I had a $500 bankroll. I wished I had their poker knowledge and bankroll, I'm less jealous now that I've built a solid bankroll myself but I'll never put my nose up to their poker wisdom.

FGators 05-25-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fgators I respect you a lot more after reading your posts thus far in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you you little choo choo train.

Cap_Of_Water 05-25-2007 07:40 PM

If you go to vegas this summer i'll tell you what i had on the hand youfolded bottom set to me when you led into the pfr and myself out of the small blind with a 567 flush draw flop... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

oh and for the well, why are you concerned with becoming too predictable at 100 and 200nl when its not an essential part of being a winner?

tufat23 05-25-2007 07:42 PM

scale of 1 to 10. 10 being 'the hotness', 1 being 'teh suck' and 5 being 'meh'. how much do u like me?
we've never talked, but what do u think of me?

did u like my video?

can i meet u this summer in vegas?

FGators 05-25-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you go to vegas this summer i'll tell you what i had on the hand youfolded bottom set to me when you led into the pfr and myself out of the small blind with a 567 flush draw flop... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

oh and for the well, why are you concerned with becoming too predictable at 100 and 200nl when its not an essential part of being a winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to be in Vegas at some point so it'd be cool to meet up. I still think I made a sick fold....probably not though the way you seem to be talking.

I want to not be so predictable because I have aspirations and I don't want to be playing $2/4 NL a year from today.

FGators 05-25-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
scale of 1 to 10. 10 being 'the hotness', 1 being 'teh suck' and 5 being 'meh'. how much do u like me?
we've never talked, but what do u think of me?did u like my video?

can i meet u this summer in vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can meet me. I haven't seen your video. I'll give you an 8 on the cool scale, I guess. I don't know as much about you as you would think. You seem like you give solid advice when you enter the strategy posts, though.

FGators 05-25-2007 07:53 PM

Forgot to answer jigsaws original question...I basically read 2+2 MSNL/SSNL strategy posts, hang out with my friends at college (when I was there, just graduated), and try to clear my head. I obviously know what the power of tilt can do to your head and poker bankroll. In the midst of my downswing I can proudly say I didn't lose the 77 buyins on like a 25 buyin tilt rampage. It was a mixture of coolers,bad beats,bad reads trying to get back to even.

sc000t 05-25-2007 07:54 PM

Whats the highest limit game you've sat in and played?

FGators 05-25-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an easy one. I don't play limit. I've messed around with a friend of mine in AC playing $2/4 limit but I know nothing about the game. I do want to open myself up to games like stud/omaha 8b,etc. though.

dp13368 05-25-2007 08:14 PM

Why did you 'doctor' hand histories in your word document and post them as "beats" acting as if you got your $ in good?

Do you really think you had a 90 buyin "downswing" ?

ImsaKidd 05-25-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an easy one. I don't play limit. I've messed around with a friend of mine in AC playing $2/4 limit but I know nothing about the game. I do want to open myself up to games like stud/omaha 8b,etc. though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant highest stakes of NL?

Barrin6 05-25-2007 08:16 PM

Great.. another useless thread as SSNL always is . SSNL is the new garbarge forum. Let me make a well after this pitiful one is done

angler88 05-25-2007 08:16 PM

hi fgators..great well,
I've had a problem with 3betting. What's your range for 3betting?
thanks,
angler88

FGators 05-25-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you 'doctor' hand histories in your word document and post them as "beats" acting as if you got your $ in good?

Do you really think you had a 90 buyin "downswing" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why I doctor hand histories, I guess I need to spice up a few to make them as horrible as some of the hands that occured. In all seriousness I don't know what happened with that one hand.

Yes, I had a sick downswing near the end of 2006.

Barrin6 05-25-2007 08:18 PM

How does it feel like to be a "book"?

FGators 05-25-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi fgators..great well,
I've had a problem with 3betting. What's your range for 3betting?
thanks,
angler88

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically target chronic button/CO raisers and incorporate any type of hand. I'll 3 bet with pretty much 70% of the deck if I feel like a reg is trying to run me over. Obv. its nicer to have a strong suited connector than 47o but I think the goal of each, from what I understand, is to make the opponent fold.

Slap My Jack 05-25-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great.. another useless thread as SSNL always is . SSNL is the new garbarge forum. Let me make a well after this pitiful one is done

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need a new take on The Well.

The Well: Rumble in the Jungle

Barrin vs. Fgators

Audience decides the winner after a 24 hour post and reply period.

I'll take winner since it's my idea.

FGators 05-25-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does it feel like to be a "book"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I stack you a ton for being a book, how is that possible?

uhf23 05-25-2007 08:21 PM

What do you think about the play of luckybacon?

FGators 05-25-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he claims he has a timing tell on me and in regards to that I don't believe him. He seems pretty good, good enough to consistently beat anything up to $3/6 I'd say. I think he gets out of line here and there but overall he stays in check and is tricky.

pickless 05-25-2007 08:25 PM

could you post your lifetime graph at 1/2

FGators 05-25-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
could you post your lifetime graph at 1/2

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have access to that on this computer...and if I were on my other computer it'd be about 300k hands short because I didn't use ptracker for most of it.

Slap My Jack 05-25-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he claims he has a timing tell on me and in regards to that I don't believe him. He seems pretty good, good enough to consistently beat anything up to $3/6 I'd say. I think he gets out of line here and there but overall he stays in check and is tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]

By saying luckybacon gets "out of line here and there" do you mean he sometimes raises AJo from the BTN to steal your big blind?

ASPoker8 05-25-2007 08:27 PM

FGators, I always believed in you.

Why do you ignore me at the tables? I always go out of my way to say Hi.

FGators 05-25-2007 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By saying luckybacon gets "out of line here and there" do you mean he sometimes raises AJo from the BTN to steal your big blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats exactly what I mean....

FGators 05-25-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FGators, I always believed in you.

Why do you ignore me at the tables? I always go out of my way to say Hi.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably too busy playing 5920950296 tables.