Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA pf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=409924)

chaide 05-23-2007 06:44 AM

AA pf

a- You raise 4BB in UTG you have AA someone calls in the middle and a villain reraises 16BB .Blinds fold. What do you do?

b- And if you were HU vs the raiser?

Suposse full stacks.

Do you change your play depending on the kind of villain you are against? Or do you have a standard play here.

Do you play poket kings in the same way here?

I hete to make several questions n the same post but i find cmplicated to find the best play in this kind of hands

ty in advance

MM_red33 05-23-2007 06:45 AM

Re: AA pf

wouldnt you call any preflop AI with AA? and maybe almost all,95%, with KK?

read the question wrong.

illuminati 05-23-2007 06:48 AM

If these are you most complicated situations I wish I was you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Stack sizes dictate what I do here - the bigger the stacks the more willing I am to get as much money in pf as I can. You obviously alter your play vs. individual opponents (ie ones who will stack off with JJ/AQ are better to reraise than ones who can much QQ)

chaide 05-23-2007 07:06 AM

i suposse if you are HU against a tigh agressive villain you can call with your Aces but everthing else is it not better to go allin than raising? I find more frightening to call a 3bet than an allin.

illuminati 05-23-2007 07:10 AM

Post some hands chap. This is way too broad to answer seriously.

chaide 05-23-2007 07:16 AM

in fact it was a hand of mine only that i cant put it on the converter.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sciolist 05-23-2007 07:18 AM

I think this depends on whether he three bets light or not. I'd generally just go with the current fashion and four bet push in both spots.

However, if he three bets light, I'd call and CRAI on the flop.

Wolfram 05-23-2007 08:28 AM

a: raise
b: raise

Play kings the same.

next question.

fees 05-23-2007 08:36 AM

A. call, lead flop
B. same or 4 bet AI

AFennewald 05-23-2007 08:43 AM

a. 4 bet all in. don't want the pot to be multiway hope it looks like AK.
b. call imo there is more value in letting him flop a worse overpaire or top pair and han himself.
Yes I play KK the same way. If he is a tight reraiser 4 beting is better as he will often call. If he is a light 3 better calling and snapping off the C bet is better.
Note stack sizes are important. 200bbs deeps I am 4 beting all the time.

context 05-23-2007 10:11 AM

One other in hand, you can just call, and you can raise/push.
Two others is a raise in my book.

Scottery 05-23-2007 10:30 AM

OOP i like a reraise, but your hand becomes more transparent(though he gets allin with KK, sometimes AK/QQ/etc.

By calling sometimes you win a big pot if he has an AQ and flops Q etc but can loose big pot if you get outflopped.

so yeh, raise.

Casper05 05-23-2007 10:32 AM

Depends totally on the villain, though I'm more apt to put in a 4-bet OOP.

4_2_it 05-23-2007 10:34 AM

These are both pretty standard raises unless you know the villain in hand 2 will stack off with TP or an overpair in which case you should smooth call a certain % of time.

orange 05-23-2007 02:56 PM

i 4-bet both most times.

RAHZero 05-23-2007 03:21 PM

a - Always 4-bet. Hate calling and giving the player in between odds to call for set value. Sometimes I'll shove, sometimes raise to like 45-50 BBs.

b - Depends a lot on the villain, my image, stack sizes, etc. Against a nittier, non-light-3betting villain, I'll 4-bet a lot, since I expect a call. With stacks 150 BBs or greater, I'll also 4-bet most of the time. Same as above, sometimes I'll just shove, sometimes I'll make a smaller 4-bet.

Play Kings pretty much exactly the same.

Hince 05-23-2007 03:24 PM

Hand 1) you are OOP with the best hand vs. 2 opponents. You are going to have a hard time controling the pot size when your opponents hit the flop hard and will probably get stacked. You also will have a harder time extracting value when you are ahead. Therefore you should raise almost always.

Hand 2) default play is to raise, but HU is very dependent on you and your opponent.

BPTK 05-25-2007 02:30 PM

Well, I'm usually playing microstakes games with donks (I'm no expert, obviously), so I'd usually either reraise the pot size here or go all-in (with 100 BB stacks). Too many of them will call for me not to do this, and I figure any gain I might get in future deception will be negligible against these types of players compared to the gain of having so many chips in preflop with AA.

But like I said, this is only because I am usually playing against pretty bad players: Here is a great example of what I am talking about from a table I was playing the other day.

$0.05 / $0.10 game, $10 max buy-in:

There is a player at my table who seems to be having fun raising to 5 or 6 BB preflop almost every hand (already terrible play). So he does this as usual and I raise my pocket Aces to $3.00. LP behind me calls, raiser calls.

I go all in for $7.00 on the rag flop with the pot already at $9.00 or so. (I was going to go all in no matter what, having put 30% of my stack in preflop.) LP behind me wisely folds like he should have done preflop in the first place. Raise maniac calls. Turn: blank. River: blank.

Donk turns up A8 suited which the flop did not help in any way, shape, or form. I pick up the ~$23 pot (gain of 130 BB.)