Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   intersting spot early in FTOPS $500 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=409338)

AceCR9 05-22-2007 03:01 PM

intersting spot early in FTOPS $500

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1116226

shove/call or fold?

I really wasn't sure what to do, figured at best I am against a NFD, or NFD+ pair, worst I am probably drawing dead.

obvious pros If I am good and hold, get a nice double up, lose and I play a smallish stack but still not in too much trouble w/ the good structure.

BarryLyndon 05-22-2007 03:16 PM

Re: intersting spot early in FTOPS $500

easy fold. You're either slightly ahead or WB; blinds are too small and structure too good to gamble now unless you feel you are extremely far behind the field in skill level, even then, you can find better spots.

Barry

La Brujita 05-22-2007 03:18 PM

damn i was gonna say move it in,

but i think its close, and definitely depends on read on miniraiser.

gravycakes 05-22-2007 03:35 PM

This would be 10x tougher if there was only 1 raise ahead of you. Now it`s a fold.

yellowdoyle 05-22-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn i was gonna say move it in,

but i think its close, and definitely depends on read on miniraiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is a fold necessarily either. It is very close, but the minraiser may fold after 2 shoves and you get free chips. Without doing much math, I think this is a shove.

hamnegger 05-22-2007 03:44 PM

i think later in tourney you take a stand here but right now id fold bc there are set possibilities or 85 . if i had a read on the all in guy and i knew he shoved w draws alot id be more inclined to call but i have invested nothing so id bail

woodguy 05-22-2007 04:40 PM

Your best case is open limper has AA and the pusher has A5hh, although something like 67hh is more likely.

The open limp in EP then minraise on flop is AA soooo much, and this tourney has lots of qualifiers who might do this.

So I think you are either slightly ahead or tied with the pusher, or buried by a set, and have the minraiser buried.....the problem lies in the frequency that the pusher has a set.

So you are either slightly ahead or buried with meh pot odds, I think I fold.

Regards,
Woodguy

Ansky 05-22-2007 04:56 PM

SHOVE

stevepa 05-22-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SHOVE

[/ QUOTE ]

qft. You'll see 2 overpairs, overpair + draw, overpair + top pair, etc. more than enough to compensate for the times one has a set.

mattg1983 05-22-2007 09:11 PM

shove IMO

min raiser folds limper shows 99-QQ or flush draw. Board bricks either way and two pair wins

ez game

Andynan 05-22-2007 09:18 PM

Without specific reads i'd put jake on an overpair, looks anxious get all in while he thinks he is ahead. If he has a set here, he can smooth call and try to extract more chips on any non heart turn with his equity being sky-high and his hand relatively disguised, (as a really good draw or overpair). And he has position.

So I think we are ahead of his likely holdings.

The minraise I put on either TPGK, overcards putting you on a bluff on such a raggy board or a set.

I actually fold this thinking I can find more favorable spots, and thinking the shove could be a donk that got all excited his set would get action no matter what.

I agree that the minraise by itself without any more players is a tough position to be in, because you can't really know where you are. I'd maybe call, with the intention of leading the turn t800, folding to a shove, and very happy to get a call ( TP slowed down ?). Again a minraise on the turn would give me the creeps.

adanthar 05-22-2007 09:26 PM

the minraise means nothing. the 3 bet can be a bunch of things, some of which beat you, but I'm not folding 2 pair on an 853 board.

if worst comes to worst, river an 8.

MrTimCaum 05-22-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if worst comes to worst, river an 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

qtf

im never folding this either because satellite donks that get in these huge mtts stack off with nothing. shoooove

Foucault 05-22-2007 09:47 PM

Is today opposite day or something? This looks like a ridiculously easy fold to me. I realize not everyone can read hands and there are satellites and yada yada, but your lines looks a LOT like at least two pair, you don't even have the best two pair, and two people are ready to play with you.

aejones 05-22-2007 10:05 PM

shove sometimes and fold sometimes, but shove usually

woodguy 05-22-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is today opposite day or something? This looks like a ridiculously easy fold to me. I realize not everyone can read hands and there are satellites and yada yada, but your lines looks a LOT like at least two pair, you don't even have the best two pair, and two people are ready to play with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

I know the overbet looks donkish, but we are not great against a donkish push range, and does 99 really overbet jam here?

If it does its closer, but I think the jammers have the overpush range too wide.

Regards,
Woodguy

Ansky 05-22-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your line looks like 2 pair? You mean betting once looks like 2 pair?

shaundeeb 05-22-2007 10:52 PM

stick it in.

Foucault 05-22-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your line looks like 2 pair? You mean betting once looks like 2 pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread the action. I thought all the preflop stuff was a bet of 60, a couple callers, and then a c/r to 300 by OP out of the BB.

I'm still not thrilled about it, but given that the action is just bet, min-raise, jam, I could see getting it in here. This at least convinces me that everyone else isn't crazy.

gravycakes 05-22-2007 11:18 PM

I'mintrigued on how this hand played out / what they had.

Cornell Fiji 05-22-2007 11:54 PM

I am also shoving this although I might find a fold in a live tourney.

Pocket pairs, flush draws, 67, and A8s, are all distinct enough possibilities to give us significant equity in the hand.

AceCR9 05-23-2007 01:49 AM

thanks for the replies. I was pretty conflicted as well, and would have really liked a time bank(booooo FTP).

I elected to fold in this spot. The table had been playing fairly small pots that I had seen, definitely nothing like this action. I also personally tend to play pretty tight in the first hour of big MTTs, and I could see how people who prefer to go for a big stack would call in my spot.

the min raiser insta called w/ A8o(LOL DONKAMENTS), and the guy who shoved had Ah5h.