Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3h, What do you do with? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=409267)

kahntrutahn 05-22-2007 01:36 PM

3h, What do you do with?

Opponents are std (for stars lets say) in that they are probably small winners/losers, but nothing superstar either way (though they can beat fish). SD rates ~40, AGF mid 1.x, VPIP the std 50ish.

What do you do with the following hands in the BB to a BUR+SB3B?

Axs
Kxs

Call, Fold, Raise?

PokerBob 05-22-2007 01:43 PM

Re: 3h, What do you do with?

button raises and SB 3towns? all of these hands are folds.

ragazzobello 05-22-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clear folds IMO. you are dominated here at least 80% of the time. obviousy A9s is better than A2s. keep in mind the button still can cap it pf after the sb 3 bets. why get involved? i like 87s in this spot a million times better.

Victor 05-22-2007 02:34 PM

i would be shocked if any high stakes player folds a2s here.

kahntrutahn 05-22-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you are dominated here at least 80% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The above is far from true in my experience at the tables... hence the question.

kahntrutahn 05-22-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some do, some don't... It is my opinion that there may be an issue of frequency involved with these types of hands.

kahntrutahn 05-22-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

James282 05-22-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i fold a2s here.

tmfs 05-22-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shocked? I'm pretty sure I'm not considered a nit and I easily muck A2s here. What are saying that most cap or call here. Either seems quite bad, for one your flop position sucks terribly.

kahntrutahn 05-22-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shocked? I'm pretty sure I'm not considered a nit and I easily muck A2s here. What are saying that most cap or call here. Either seems quite bad, for one your flop position sucks terribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping could fold the BU, leaving the BB capper with overlay + position + initiative?

tmfs 05-22-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping could fold the BU, leaving the BB capper with overlay + position + initiative?

[/ QUOTE ]

The button folds very rarely to the cap in my experience, I would much prefer capping t9s vs A2s here.

newhizzle 05-22-2007 05:26 PM

im like the loosest player ever and i fold most of these hands

DeathDonkey 05-22-2007 05:44 PM

I'd also be curious about 67s, 78s,...JTs, I think we can agree QJs is just getting capped every time.

-DeathDonkey

geormiet 05-22-2007 05:56 PM

what about 22-66?

daryn 05-22-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i'm folding all Axs and Kxs

daryn 05-22-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd also be curious about 67s, 78s,...JTs, I think we can agree QJs is just getting capped every time.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually just call a QJs or JTs type hand. i can see the merits to capping though, and i'm sure i do it "sometimes"

Victor 05-22-2007 07:36 PM

well i guess everyone just plays them when im in the sb then. proly profitable since im easy to beat.

ragazzobello 05-22-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is extremely wishful thinking IMO. Why would the button surrender his position 3 handed when he's already open-raised in a LHE game? There have been arguments made by LHE experts that 3 handed it is sometimes theoretically proper to straddle on the button every hand--although I do not completely agree with this, I think it would be idiotic for the button to fold to a cap in this spot.

I still think Axs and Kxs hands are folds here given the opponents you described. If you cap I guess you are praying you are up against QT and QJ or some middle pair to which you're not dominated. Doesn't sound very +Ev to me.

UMTerp 05-22-2007 10:08 PM

I realize that "x" implies a weak kicker, but at what value does the "x" become a cap against "typical" opponents? That's probably a better question.

A8s and K9s? Too loose/tight?

I can't imagine cold-calling any of these hands is ideal.

PokerBob 05-22-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

because you don't have anything and you are stuck in the middle between 2 guys and you are going to make bad-payoff hands when you hit and ugh i can't beleive this is really even a question.

daryn 05-23-2007 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize that "x" implies a weak kicker, but at what value does the "x" become a cap against "typical" opponents? That's probably a better question.

A8s and K9s? Too loose/tight?

I can't imagine cold-calling any of these hands is ideal.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cap ATs and recently i capped A8s but i wasn't so sure about that one. of course it depends on who is on the sb and bu

kahntrutahn 05-23-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

because you don't have anything and you are stuck in the middle between 2 guys and you are going to make bad-payoff hands when you hit and ugh i can't beleive this is really even a question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simply trying to start discussion. To do so, I must do a little devil's advocate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

surfdoc 05-24-2007 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think those of us that don't play at he highest stakes may not realize the super-wide-open-sometimes-any-two-card opening ranges that exist from certain players and therefore find it hard to fathom ever getting involved with often dominated hands. So I don't think the question is ridiculous. That being said I still don't want to get involved with any of these hands.

kahntrutahn 05-24-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think those of us that don't play at he highest stakes may not realize the super-wide-open-sometimes-any-two-card opening ranges that exist from certain players and therefore find it hard to fathom ever getting involved with often dominated hands. So I don't think the question is ridiculous. That being said I still don't want to get involved with any of these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is often a problem. You'll have a BU opening 70%+ and a SB 3B with 45-55% of his hands. Those times you fold Ax and see the BU w/93s and the SB w/K7o you just want to puke. It's not always that way, but it leads me to believe that there is some correct frequency to such calls and/or caps given certain game dynamics.

mntbikr15 05-24-2007 01:53 PM

Seems like setting up some sort of way to totally randomize it would be best then? IE having a timer. If it falls between 0-20 seconds fold, 20-40 seconds call, 40-60 seconds raise?

I agree that there are games where folding these seems criminal.

Edit-Three handed I dont think button EVER folds.

danzasmack 05-24-2007 02:38 PM

Assuming SB adjusts to us, calling these for a while should tighten him up because he is then playing in the worst position into 2 player with weak hands.