Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   WPEX & Absolute Poker - Depositing and Withdrawing for US Customers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405857)

TheMetetron 05-17-2007 10:10 PM

WPEX & Absolute Poker - Depositing and Withdrawing for US Customers

I'm curious what the current state of affair is with these sites. I'm considering playing some LHE in my spare time when I'm burnt out on No Limit and the huge rakeback and these sites makes them the obvious choices.

So how are they as far as depositing and withdrawing? Is either site having check problems? What methods are available and are they reliable?

Thanks in advance.

jfk 05-17-2007 10:53 PM

Re: WPEX & Absolute Poker - Depositing and Withdrawing for US Customer

I've been regularly getting checks from WPX. They come a little faster now (about three weeks) than they did last year (about four and a half weeks).

I don't have deposit experience at WPX, other than a year ago when my debit card worked. My debit card from a large, nationally known U.S. bank worked last week for the Stars reload.

I have no experience with Absolute.

HRFats 05-17-2007 11:04 PM

I use epassporte on ABS with no problems

Pokeraddict 05-17-2007 11:09 PM

I've been waiting 7 weeks for a check from WSEX they admit they have not even mailed yet. The last check only took 2 weeks.

justin 05-17-2007 11:24 PM

did they deduct the money from your account?

Pokeraddict 05-17-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did they deduct the money from your account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, about 10 days after I made the request.

DitMeMay 05-17-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been waiting 7 weeks for a check from WSEX they admit they have not even mailed yet. The last check only took 2 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]
did they give you a reason why they didnt mail it yet?

WSEX GM 05-17-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please PM me your screen name. I realize that regualr mail is still not as fast as we would like it to be, but I am certain there are not any 7 week old requests that have not been processeed yet.

Fred

Pokeraddict 05-17-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
did they give you a reason why they didnt mail it yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but 10-14 days ago they told me they had already mailed it, now they say they have not mailed it and went into no more detail.

Pokeraddict 05-17-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please PM me your screen name. I realize that regualr mail is still not as fast as we would like it to be, but I am certain there are not any 7 week old requests that have not been processeed yet.

Fred

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I figured there were problems. I'm PM'ing it now. You guys are not the only ones. As I said the last check was very quick which is why I'm not angry.

Pokeraddict 05-17-2007 11:54 PM

You're over your max PM limit.

WSEX GM 05-17-2007 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're over your max PM limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again please.

Pokeraddict 05-18-2007 12:04 AM

Sent

BuddyQ 05-18-2007 11:11 AM

Can anyone, especially Mr. Balfour, answer the question of how, specifically, money can be DEPOSITED on Wpex by US players? If the answer is some kind of bank wire, is there an other than wire option?

For instance, can you buy the visa/mastercrd gift cards (ie at Wallgreens [or the electronic web one 'giftcards usa?], ect.) and use those to deposit - like you can for Full Tilt? Thanks.

PS: I played 3 tables at last night's 'prime the pump'to show my support for rake free poker. Keep up the good work, Wpex is vastly improved since its inception.

Chairman Wood 05-18-2007 11:18 AM

yeah, how do i get money on wpex? Only thing i could find is a bank wire transfer and my bank takes forever to get those things activated. would be considered a US customer to them.

DING-DONG YO 05-18-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone, especially Mr. Balfour, answer the question of how, specifically, money can be DEPOSITED on Wpex by US players? If the answer is some kind of bank wire, is there an other than wire option?

For instance, can you buy the visa/mastercrd gift cards (ie at Wallgreens [or the electronic web one 'giftcards usa?], ect.) and use those to deposit - like you can for Full Tilt? Thanks.

PS: I played 3 tables at last night's 'prime the pump'to show my support for rake free poker. Keep up the good work, Wpex is vastly improved since its inception.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just try some CCs

BuddyQ 05-18-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just try some CCs

[/ QUOTE ]

I quess you mean 'credit cards'? My credit cards (Citbank Visa, Capital One, ect..) will not work for 'gambling sites' they never did, even before the Frist ban.

Has anybody thied the 'gift card ' option?

EvanJC 05-18-2007 02:50 PM

Re: WPEX & Absolute Poker - Depositing and Withdrawing for US Customers

wpx doesn't use epass? sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

DING-DONG YO 05-18-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wpx doesn't use epass? sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other deposit methods work there and are cheaper. Try some.

BillytheKidd 05-18-2007 04:08 PM

The yellow gift cards from walgreens worked two weeks ago at WPEX. And the beauty is with 100% rakeback you only have to make one $100 deposit, and you never go broke.

pokerpunchout 05-18-2007 04:40 PM

Gift Cards Worked 4 me!

72kcoh 05-18-2007 07:41 PM

i think all 35 of my posts have been about this, but again... WU they cover all fees if you deposit enough.

mntbikr15 05-18-2007 07:43 PM

Moneygram works great for AP, dunno if Wpex takes it.

PLOlover 05-18-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i think all 35 of my posts have been about this, but again... WU they cover all fees if you deposit enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't beat that. btw sorry I missed last night on wsex my computer was down I hardly play on wsex but I really wanted to but had major router issues

MicroBob 05-18-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the huge rakeback and these sites makes them the obvious choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe the games are okay at AP. But didn't they just switch their RB to contributed? or was that only for clearing bonii?

justin00099 05-19-2007 01:16 AM

Absolute Poker is not sending me my money! I tried to withdraw on the 1st on May through ACH, but after a week they told me that ACH is no longer available. They said that they would mail me a check by 2-day mail, which actually took 4 days. When I had received the checks I deposited it to my bank, but it took longer than normal for the checks to clear. Deposited Monday, usually clears on Wednesday, and it was Friday morning that I got a call from Absolute Poker. They said that the stop payment were put on the checks and that they would send me money through Western Union that afternoon, and told me to call them back and ask for a code to withdraw the money. I called back at 1 PM, they told me to call back because they haven't received a confirmation from Western Union. I called back at 4 PM, I was told to check my email by 8 PM for the code. I checked at 8 PM and then 11 PM and right now it is 1:15 AM still haven't received my email. Absolute poker is not answering my phone calls, nor replying my emails. This is scary. My $1,309 is lost. It is a lot of money for me because I am a college student.

BE careful with Absolute Poker, if you deposit money you have to risk not receiving your winnings.

kidpokeher 05-19-2007 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the huge rakeback and these sites makes them the obvious choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe the games are okay at AP. But didn't they just switch their RB to contributed? or was that only for clearing bonii?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both. They can suck it.

Pokeraddict 05-19-2007 01:20 PM

I just wanted to post that the check came today and had been en route for about a week. Thanks for looking into this WSEX GM and all your previous help.

rigged81 05-24-2007 10:05 AM

Is anyone receiving checks from absolute poker? I have 2 checks from the middle of march which I have yet to receive. I keep getting the same canned response from support which has me worried about their ability to process checks.