Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   best foxwoods character (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=40093)

zombies kill 02-18-2006 12:16 PM

best foxwoods character

my vote for my favorite foxwoods character has to be THE BEE MASTER. used to play 1/2 NL a ton like a year ago. he would wear a safari expedition looking hat (he told me it was actually a postal employee hat), a bright orange blank tshirt (said he worked for the DOT or something) and a SWEET fannypack that he keeps his tip chips in. oh and of course some sunglasses.

he used to sit at a 1/2 table and push every single hand until he doubled or tripled up.... and then would play extremely tight... like no one noticed.

hes actually fairly witty and pretty fun to talk to. ive been playing almost exclusively online the past few months so im not sure if he went broke yet or what... but i do know that i miss him

rrb 02-18-2006 08:40 PM

Re: best foxwoods character

Crazy Cabbie -- Nice, Nice guy - but fits the description of "Best Foxwoods Character" perfectly

tom10167 02-18-2006 09:16 PM

What's Cabbie play?

I have so many. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

scrub 02-18-2006 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crazy Cabbie -- Nice, Nice guy - but fits the description of "Best Foxwoods Character" perfectly

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely Cabbie Dave.

He is not a nice guy, however.

He's one of the things I miss most about the East Coast, though.

scrub

LLKOOLK1 02-18-2006 09:43 PM

I forget her name, but she is a middleaged woman(say, 45?) in a wheel chair. Not saying shes much of a charcter, but man she has kicked my ass a few times (5/10 and busted me out of the act III and another smaller tourney) Damn, haha she holds over me...

-LL

scrub 02-18-2006 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's Cabbie play?

I have so many. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 20, at least that's what he played the last time I lived in CT.

scrub

FatalError 02-18-2006 10:58 PM

myron hands down

guy got banned and brought back how is that not enough?

zombies kill 02-19-2006 04:41 PM

oh and kevin tinney who plays the 2/5 NL. sexy is

tom10167 02-19-2006 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
myron hands down

guy got banned and brought back how is that not enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can name 15 people that have done the same. What did Moose get thrown out for?

FatalError 02-19-2006 04:59 PM

at least part of it involved throwing a chair through the air

grandgnu 02-19-2006 06:22 PM

Bettie, the loud crazy woman who keeps pulling 50's out of her purse in the 5/10 Omaha hi/lo with kill game.

On the river:

Her: I've got 10's and 7's.....

Me: I've got Aces and 6's plus the nut low

Her: But I've got 10's and 7's....and I have a low

Me: SCOOOOOP!

jkamowitz 02-19-2006 07:51 PM

GERONOMO!!!!

or maaaybe that tight ass asian 20/40 guy (action-eddie) that leaves every orbit and only plays AA, KK and talks to me like I'm the brother he never had. . .god i hate him.

Barry 02-19-2006 07:56 PM

He took a beat and broke a rack over the rail. That gave him a 3 month time out.

Scrub, Cabby is actually a nice guy if you keep the conversation away from poker. He's very smart.

Barry 02-19-2006 07:57 PM

You sure you're not thinking of Lorraine? She's the reason to be in that game.

grandgnu 02-19-2006 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You sure you're not thinking of Lorraine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, you're right, Lorraine. I work for an ambulance company and we have an equally annoying lady named Bettie who's one of our frequent flyers. Sorry for the mix-up. Lorraine it is.

Barry 02-19-2006 08:08 PM

Then of course there's Norman.

Ears like Dumbo, plays too many hands, bluffs too much, will bet his unimproved AK into a big field all the way, then complain because he never wins and always loses with his "big hands".

Then when he's stuck, he doesn't muck his hand, he just lifts up his hands. The dealers really love him when he gets that way. He also used to have a roll of $.50 pieces to toke the dealers.

grandgnu 02-19-2006 08:30 PM

Who's that dude who's always wearing the Fubu type gear and some bling, always looking all urban? I think he won some 7-stud event last year. Last I knew he had dreadlocks or corn-rows or something.

I saw him begging some old guy at my table to stake him for a $100 tournament (before his win). And I heard some story about him winning 60-70 grand and then blowing it in a day or two down in Vegas?

mmcd 02-19-2006 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then of course there's Norman.

Ears like Dumbo, plays too many hands, bluffs too much, will bet his unimproved AK into a big field all the way, then complain because he never wins and always loses with his "big hands".

Then when he's stuck, he doesn't muck his hand, he just lifts up his hands. The dealers really love him when he gets that way. He also used to have a roll of $.50 pieces to toke the dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.metrowestchess.org/Commun...le_Normand.jpg

FatalError 02-20-2006 12:41 AM

yeah and the bastard took 17 racks out of the game one time, some kind of record

FatalError 02-20-2006 12:42 AM

yeah it was the 500$ O8 i think, he's constantly broke as far as i know, someone probably had most of his action

grandgnu 02-20-2006 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah it was the 500$ O8 i think, he's constantly broke as far as i know, someone probably had most of his action

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't doubt it. There's also another regular there that I've seen in the weekly tournaments. Tall guy, late 30's or middle 40's maybe. He had a Mr T started set, LOTS of gold, rings, necklace, just all blinged up with gold.

I tried to steal on the button with K/9 and he pushed all-in. I folded and he showed me the A/A.

And there's some kid who's in his 20's, dresses nicely, dark short hair. Was at a table with him, pushed him out of a pot previously. He raises in LP and I push with A/K. He's worried I'm going to have K/K and says "your Kings are good" but then he calls and flips over 10/10 and I get my ace on the flop and King on the river, but he hit his 10 on the flop. Dealer warned him about his yapping after the fact. I think he made the money, not sure if he made the final table. But I've seen him a few times. He commented that I seemed "patient", so it appears he didn't view me as a recklessly aggressive opponent and respected my raises.

DayTripping 02-20-2006 12:04 PM

There's usually some older guy dressed all in black wearing dark shades and with really nasty long dark hair who I see sitting in the corner of the High Stakes Cafe, sometimes with another man and sometimes with his wife who looks a bit haggish. I don't know what he plays but I've seen her playing stud. Both of them smoke and talk in real raspy voices. Overall they just look very scary and nasty. Anybody know what the deal is with these two?

scrub 02-20-2006 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Scrub, Cabby is actually a nice guy if you keep the conversation away from poker. He's very smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you have a history of killing him in big pots and are under 30. He HATES me.

scrub

scrub 02-20-2006 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you have a history of killing him in big pots and are under 30. He HATES me.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigfoot nomination yet.

scrub

tom10167 02-20-2006 12:52 PM

I really don't like Norm and I don't care if he lost his house he has to push his cards in, he knows not to try that crap with me.

WMB 02-20-2006 01:11 PM

Anybody know where Bigfoot is? Haven't seen him in about a year.

pshreck 02-20-2006 02:50 PM

Anybody know the younger looking guy that keeps his entire bankroll with him at all times? He has a rack with all purple (500) chips, and he brings it to the table with him. I think he plays 5/5 NL.

W. Deranged 02-20-2006 02:58 PM

This isn't even close for me:

There's a guy (I think his name is John) who wears this big, Crocadile Dundee-style hat and has this creepy skull thing he puts on his chips. He's probably 35, kind of tall. He plays mid-limits (mostly 10/20 and 20/40), and loves to joke about doing coke in the bathroom and getting strippers and stuff. He's a pretty solid player and extremely amusing.

party36master 02-20-2006 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's that dude who's always wearing the Fubu type gear and some bling, always looking all urban? I think he won some 7-stud event last year. Last I knew he had dreadlocks or corn-rows or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Randall "Dee" Blair?

grandgnu 02-20-2006 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Randall "Dee" Blair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly, I don't know his name, but figure he's always broke. And it might've been an Omaha hi/lo tournament he won. That name looks like it would fit him, based on his looks.

SpaceMonkey9 02-20-2006 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my vote for my favorite foxwoods character has to be THE BEE MASTER. used to play 1/2 NL a ton like a year ago. he would wear a safari expedition looking hat (he told me it was actually a postal employee hat), a bright orange blank tshirt (said he worked for the DOT or something) and a SWEET fannypack that he keeps his tip chips in. oh and of course some sunglasses.

he used to sit at a 1/2 table and push every single hand until he doubled or tripled up.... and then would play extremely tight... like no one noticed.

hes actually fairly witty and pretty fun to talk to. ive been playing almost exclusively online the past few months so im not sure if he went broke yet or what... but i do know that i miss him

[/ QUOTE ]

The BEE MASTER made an appearance today (Feb 20th). I was at his 1/2NL table all afternoon. He was in the 2 seat, and I was in the 7, so we didn't talk, but he seemed like a very nice friendly guy. One point he sat out for 3 orbits while waiting for his lunch order, so he wouldn't dirty his hands.

Sorry to say I mistakenly referred to him as the Bee Keeper to my buddy who got placed next to me. Bee Master was playing tight, but then would make big 100 raises in big pots. I don't think he had much those times, because I was able to pick him off once in a huge pot. But he was very even tempered and genuinely friendly.

Justin Smith 02-20-2006 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy also did the strangest card capping...he had a watch face he put in the middle of the table then slid it on his cards.........guy was a freak

Barry 02-20-2006 09:57 PM

That sure sounds like Dee.

In pretty good shape, born again?

He won $70-80K in a tourny a while back and was broke 2 weeks later.

Barry 02-20-2006 09:59 PM

Last I heard Bigfoot was out in Vegas. I think that there are quite a few folks at FW's that are looking for him trying to get their loan back.

Barry 02-20-2006 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah and the bastard took 17 racks out of the game one time, some kind of record

[/ QUOTE ]

Norman?

I was remarking to someone the other day, I don't think that I have ever seen Norman leave a winner, and I've seen him dump over 7 racks.

Barry 02-20-2006 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like Norm and I don't care if he lost his house he has to push his cards in, he knows not to try that crap with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like Norman either, but I like him in the game.

tom10167 02-20-2006 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

or maaaybe that tight ass asian 20/40 guy (action-eddie) that leaves every orbit and only plays AA, KK and talks to me like I'm the brother he never had. . .god i hate him.

[/ QUOTE ]
What? I think that's Dave you're talking about..kind of softspoken? Dave's like one of the 20 nicest people in the room.

grandgnu 02-20-2006 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That sure sounds like Dee.

In pretty good shape, born again?

He won $70-80K in a tourny a while back and was broke 2 weeks later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems in decent shape, medium height, kinda thick looking for a body type. Seems like a "cool cat", very comfortable with himself.

I remember back when they still gave out line tickets for the morning tournaments. Someone asked him if he would sell them his line pass, and how much was it worth to him. His response was $5,000.

But yes, I did hear the story about him having about 70K and blowing it very quickly. Mus be the same dude.

Barry 02-20-2006 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Eddie has been known to pull a few shady moves from time to time. He's supposed to know martial arts and his sons are black belts. He threatened one of the younger guys the other day, and while the guy wasn't scared or anything, he was fed up with Eddie's antics so he swore out a complaint against Eddie and the CT state cops came took him away.

One of Eddie's tricks is during his trips away from the table, he'll buy another stack or two of chips and add them to his stack so the others won't think he's stuck.

Nate. 02-20-2006 11:06 PM

Dear Lord, that guy. I find him pretty annoying, and I love people in general. Yes, he's pretty solid. Yes, he's a character. No, I wouldn't want to stand next to him at a party -- he's got a canned line for everything. It's like watching a really bad episode of ~Whose Line Is It Anyway~.