Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Females at the poker table (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399000)

onoble 05-09-2007 10:54 AM

Females at the poker table

Is it just where I play or do guys constantly go out of their way to be nice to them in ways they shouldn't.

I saw one guy CHECK THE NUTS when he was last to act becuase "she's too sweet, I couldn't bet."

Or when a girl goes all in and basically tells the table she has the nuts and someone will call because they want to "be nice to the lady."

Does this kind of stuff happen everywhere?

otter 05-09-2007 10:59 AM

Re: Females at the poker table

yes

rgold79 05-09-2007 11:11 AM

Women mess with mens' minds. It's reason No. 3511 on the list of why they are evil.

TEKEE 05-09-2007 11:42 AM

i fully agree.

kylephilly 05-09-2007 11:43 AM

I don't play pots with women

pismeyer 05-09-2007 11:55 AM

Hot women that play poker are a huge distraction for me...

Definite eye candy, but they can bluff or outplay me anytime!!

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

KurtSF 05-09-2007 11:59 AM

Fun little story in a thread over in the Beginners forum about this very thing.

pig4bill 05-09-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hot women that play poker are a huge distraction for me...

Definite eye candy, but they can bluff or outplay me anytime!!

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Javanewt 05-09-2007 12:19 PM

I haven't had any men be "nice" to me in that way. I'm not bad looking, either (5'7", 123 lb, blonde, blue/green eyes). However, I'm not "cute" or young (39), and I definitely don't come across as someone who needs help or pity.

Maybe those types of women are getting that type of treatment. LOL.

Maybe I should act helpless and take even more money from the men!

nineinchal 05-09-2007 12:25 PM

Check my nuts................

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just where I play or do guys constantly go out of their way to be nice to them in ways they shouldn't.

I saw one guy CHECK THE NUTS when he was last to act becuase "she's too sweet, I couldn't bet."

Or when a girl goes all in and basically tells the table she has the nuts and someone will call because they want to "be nice to the lady."

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever happened to "I'd bust my own mother if she was playing with me in a poker game"?

That guy who checked the nuts doesn't have any of his own and most likely has a small penis to boot.

Brad1970 05-09-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't had any men be "nice" to me in that way. I'm not bad looking, either (5'7", 123 lb, blonde, blue/green eyes). However, I'm not "cute" or young (39), and I definitely don't come across as someone who needs help or pity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with being 39, 5'7, & 123lbs darlin'. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Diana Ross Fan 05-09-2007 01:07 PM

Re: Check my nuts................

[ QUOTE ]

Whatever happened to "I'd bust my own mother if she was playing with me in a poker game"?

That guy who checked the nuts doesn't have any of his own and most likely has a small penis to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought that if you seriously wanted to hit on a girl at a poker table then you should bust her as hard as you can. That way she will be fearful and poorer.

Honestly I have had no success doing this when the rare opportunity arises. In fact a girl I busted at 1/2 last Sunday won't even look at me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Does anyone have experience in this area?

onoble 05-09-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

That said if i was a cute girl I think my win rate would be atleast 2 times what it is... atleast.

rgold79 05-09-2007 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

That said if i was a cute girl I think my win rate would be atleast 2 times what it is... atleast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but then you'd waste the money you on, you know, shoes and stuff. (Kidding, ladies...)

Mr Rick 05-09-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just where I play or do guys constantly go out of their way to be nice to them in ways they shouldn't

[/ QUOTE ]
In what situations have you ever seen guys not go out of their way to be nice to women?
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've seen this when women were not involved too.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would question what "nice to the lady" really means...
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Only where men play.

Seriously? If I were a woman and I had any cleavage at all, I would wear low cut shirts, sit in the 1 or 10 seat and bend over the table while raking the pots. My guess is that it would condition male players to regularly fold marginal hands. Personally I lose concentration when a woman I am attracted to sits at the table.

MicroBob 05-09-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were a woman and I had any cleavage at all, I would wear low cut shirts, sit in the 1 or 10 seat and bend over the table while raking the pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would enjoy the 70-year-old guys hitting on you?
I've played poker with some marginal looking women and it's like a non-stop flirt-scene from some creepy older guy or two.
Most recently, the old-guy kept flirting and thinking he was funny after the girl pointed-out that her husband was across the table.

He thought he was hilarious. She thought he was annoying and so did others.

Wife-husband team at the table is something I watch-out for. But she just wasn't very good at all. Kept getting big hands though and took a ton of chips eventually busting her husband which was somewhat amusing.

She also stacked me when my QQ flopped Q77 against her AA but she hit the 2-outer on the river.

pig4bill 05-09-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Show more bewbie.

Say things like "I have such a pretty pair" when you look at your cards.

osmodion 05-09-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously? If I were a woman and I had any cleavage at all, I would wear low cut shirts, sit in the 1 or 10 seat and bend over the table while raking the pots. My guess is that it would condition male players to regularly fold marginal hands. Personally I lose concentration when a woman I am attracted to sits at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why most rooms have dress codes, which, in my experience, are enforced in places in LA and Vegas. However, in my experience, being 23, 5'6", 110lbs is enough on it's own to get constantly hit on. And the old dudes with wives are always the worst. ALWAYS.

pig4bill 05-09-2007 03:25 PM

Dress codes in Vegas? Yeah, if you're wearing enough clothes to not get arrested on the street, you're good.

I've played poker with some gals that probably would get arrested in Salt Lake City.

cardcounter0 05-09-2007 04:04 PM

LOL @ the thought of a woman needing advice from 2+2ers on how to make men act stupid and give them money.

Mike Gallo 05-09-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you play poker? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

onoble 05-09-2007 04:22 PM

Also women have cooties.

KurtSF 05-09-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also women have cooties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I knew girls had cooties, but I always assumed they lost them somewhere in the intervening years. Rest assured, the wife and I will be having a little chat tonight!

Photoc 05-09-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dress codes in Vegas? Yeah, if you're wearing enough clothes to not get arrested on the street, you're good.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one for guys at least. Tank tops are definately not allowed in most rooms. Who wants to see that nasty ass armpit crap while they are playing cards?

ne14dirt 05-09-2007 04:49 PM

lol …….. this thread is so stupid

4_2_it 05-09-2007 04:50 PM

Last year in Vegas I busted one player's semi-hot GF who was playing short stacked and flopped 2nd pair to my overpair. Several guys gave me dirty looks as I scooped the pot and she got up and left.

Gullanian 05-09-2007 04:50 PM

GIRLS HAVE BOOBIES!

ellenwheels 05-09-2007 05:11 PM

I've considered breast augmentation to help my game....

osmodion 05-09-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Bellagio wouldn't let me play in a tank top in late August.

GoAheadRiverMe 05-09-2007 05:34 PM

I once sat a table that hot this smokin hot chick with her boobies about to pop out. I could always tell when she had a big hand because her pounding heart would make her boobs slightly jiggle. The necklace she wore helped alot too. tI told her I was looking at them for a tell therefore I had a reason for staring. A guy I would never have told what his tells was.

Rottersod 05-09-2007 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And that's why most rooms have dress codes, which, in my experience, are enforced in places in LA and Vegas....

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? LA dress code? LOL.

Rottersod 05-09-2007 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once sat a table that hot this smokin hot chick with her boobies about to pop out. I could always tell when she had a big hand because her pounding heart would make her boobs slightly jiggle. The necklace she wore helped alot too. tI told her I was looking at them for a tell therefore I had a reason for staring. A guy I would never have told what his tells was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jen Tilly, right? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

SuperPokerJedi 05-09-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Women mess with mens' minds. It's reason No. 3511 on the list of why they are evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute GOLD! ! ! !

To the OP, I have only folded a hand one time when I would normally 3Bet to a female who is a common friend and was playing with borrowed money just for fun (unfortunately the guy next her proceeded to take her money in the same hand - Scoundrel!)

unit63 05-09-2007 09:22 PM

I don't know why this thread merits a semi-serious response from an infrequent poster, but let's just say OP's avatar struck a chord.

I am not, like, TV pretty, but certainly at a poker table I'm probably the most attractive woman there, because I'm usually the only woman under 67. If I'm not the most attractive person at the table then I'm probably the least coked-out/disease-ridden. There's an edge right there.

My experience from the ladies' side of the fence is that most people give a young, otherwise unknown, semi-average-looking woman credit for being either (a) super weak-tight, or (b) a dumb fish. So I take whichever read I'm getting from the various players and act on it appropriately. No big whoop, just got to stay one level ahead of the field as everyone should in poker.

Also, I tend to mask my tight-aggressive play with generous amounts of smiling and friendly banter. It's the best I can do to play tight-aggressive to people who are otherwise inclined to think I'm either playing weak-tight or loose-passive.

The only time this strategy didn't work was playing Omaha 8 at the Orleans (median age: 72.3). There I was just a troublemaker like all them dang kids on their lawn.

MitchL 05-09-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why this thread merits a semi-serious response from an infrequent poster, but let's just say OP's avatar struck a chord.

I am not, like, TV pretty, but certainly at a poker table I'm probably the most attractive woman there, because I'm usually the only woman under 67. If I'm not the most attractive person at the table then I'm probably the least coked-out/disease-ridden. There's an edge right there.

My experience from the ladies' side of the fence is that most people give a young, otherwise unknown, semi-average-looking woman credit for being either (a) super weak-tight, or (b) a dumb fish. So I take whichever read I'm getting from the various players and act on it appropriately. No big whoop, just got to stay one level ahead of the field as everyone should in poker.

Also, I tend to mask my tight-aggressive play with generous amounts of smiling and friendly banter. It's the best I can do to play tight-aggressive to people who are otherwise inclined to think I'm either playing weak-tight or loose-passive.

The only time this strategy didn't work was playing Omaha 8 at the Orleans (median age: 72.3). There I was just a troublemaker like all them dang kids on their lawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but it is impossible to mask TAG play if anybody at the table has the brain of a 10 yo. You might get TAG mistaken for LAG or vice versa but a weak tighty will never be mistaken for a TAG. Anyone that adheres to stereotypes in the face of countervailing proof is a fish in the mold of which meta-considerations are lost on.

pocketpared 05-09-2007 10:32 PM

I shake my head indicating they shouldn't call my bet then when they fold I muck my 27o face up. Most of the time they call your every bet the next 2 hours.

Monolith 05-10-2007 02:44 AM

Only by total dipsh!ts who are so pathetic that they think the lady will somehow respect or like them if they softplay it. What losers...

jmxthievez 05-10-2007 05:04 AM

just check raise the [censored] out of them, everytime

Sailboats 05-10-2007 06:50 AM

heh i usually play my a little better than usual if they are pretty. I tend to assume that they're boyfriend gave some money to "gamble." Now if they're beat,i just assume they are weak/fish till otherwise proven... never happened yet.

GiantBuddha 05-10-2007 11:18 AM

Attractive guys have an edge at a poker table, too. It's just not as obvious. Good looking people are treated differently all the time.