Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I has a New Puppy! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397313)

mrkilla 05-07-2007 08:49 AM

I has a New Puppy!

Well I got a new puppy (well like 3 weeks ago new) and finally getting around to posting the pictures

Her name is Bella (guido comments expected)
Shes currently 9 weeks old (these pics shes 6 weeks or 8 weeks)
Shes a pure bread beagle

Shes is a great dog when shes not biting me, pissing on the floor/rug or eating her own [censored].

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8224/img0868tz2.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7069/img0899kv0.jpg
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3482/img0856ri0.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1951/img0903bl4.jpg

bosoxfan 05-07-2007 09:07 AM

Re: I has a New Puppy!

Cute dog. Have fun with her.

gobbomom 05-07-2007 09:13 AM

adorable. hide your shoes.

mrkilla 05-07-2007 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
adorable. hide your shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

shes been pretty decent with the shoes , she will sniff and give a munch but then goes else where so thats pretty good. She does like to bite my feet a lot

Mother Mucker 05-07-2007 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I got a new puppy (well like 3 weeks ago new) and finally getting around to posting the pictures

Shes a pure bread beagle

[/ QUOTE ]

Cute dog.

I don't know, though, how long a dog made out bread will last?

mrkilla 05-07-2007 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Shes a pure bread beagle

[/ QUOTE ]

Cute dog.

I don't know, though, how long a dog made out bread will last?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well eventually she will turn into a tasty sando.

( PS I noticed the typo to late to change it)

mason55 05-07-2007 10:09 AM

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2...piesealhr0.jpg

Lazy Meatball 05-07-2007 10:25 AM

beagles are cute; i can't imagine living with one. Full size hound in a small destructive package.

Banditgberg 05-07-2007 10:43 AM

awwwwwwwwwwwww, enjoy!

http://www.germelhaus.com/images/Kujo%202%20yr.jpg

TripSearching 05-07-2007 10:46 AM

I bet your dog's real name is Bella Jr. because I am sure she is not the first dog with this name in your family...nice creativity TONY.

mrkilla 05-07-2007 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet your dog's real name is Bella Jr. because I am sure she is not the first dog with this name in your family...nice creativity TONY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony is my middle name not my first name...

wslee00 05-07-2007 10:58 AM

bucket seal never fails to entertain...

z28dreams 05-07-2007 11:23 AM

I like the last cross-eyed picture of your dog.

mrkilla 05-07-2007 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the last cross-eyed picture of your dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yea Beagles look like that some times , it can be cute or scary cujo looking at points

Inthacup 05-07-2007 12:56 PM

Awesome dog!

LOL @ mason

jfish 05-07-2007 01:58 PM

why the [censored] do puppies have to be so [censored] cute?

Patrick del Poker Grande 05-07-2007 02:00 PM

I like me some beagle. Great puppy!

[ QUOTE ]
Shes is a great dog when shes not biting me, pissing on the floor/rug or eating her own [censored].
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7069/img0899kv0.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Your pissing/[censored] problem can be helped with crate training with a properly-sized crate (this one is way too big).

dabluebery 05-07-2007 02:34 PM

Cute dog, they're awesome as puppies.

I have two purebread beagles that I've adopted from troubled homes. They're coming out of being puppies now. I love them, but they're difficult sometimes.

Unsolicited beagle advice from my experience;

Don't start any bad habits you'll want to break later, they are very stubborn. If you want to crate train, do it right away. Don't trust them off a leash. If you plan on leaving your dog unattended in a yard, go NUTS making it escape proof, including under fences. PM me for horror stories about escaping beagles. The best corrective method we've found is a spray bottle of water to the face. They hate that, but it's harmless.

If you don't have two dogs already, I found that having two beagles was better in every way than when I had one only. They occupy each other and therefore leave me alone when I'm doing my own stuff.

mrkilla 05-07-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your pissing/[censored] problem can be helped with crate training with a properly-sized crate (this one is way too big).

[/ QUOTE ]

haha this is just her play pen shes create trained pretty well , like as in she wont piss in her create at all and goes 75% of the time on the pads with out having to show her. That being said she will still pee when ad where she wants if you don't have her close to home.

The poo eating, man does that gross out the GF [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would love advice on how to make her stop crying everytime we leave her for more then 30 seconds

mrkilla 05-07-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best corrective method we've found is a spray bottle of water to the face. They hate that, but it's harmless.

[/ QUOTE ]

We tried this she just opens her mouth and plays in the spray ... I am willing to give this a go again. maybe more directly in her nose/eyes (as mean as that sounds)

Yea shes as stuborn as they come, she will "fetch" but not give , shes still pretty young I mean puppy schools won't take her till 10 weeks

daryn 05-07-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love advice on how to make her stop crying everytime we leave her for more then 30 seconds

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahaha.. this brings me back to a few months ago

mosdef 05-07-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about your GF or the dog?

mrkilla 05-07-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about your GF or the dog?

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point its both...but mostly the puppy :P

mosdef 05-07-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point its both...but mostly the puppy :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but hamburgers for the puppy and flowers for the GF. No more tears from anyone.

nolanfan34 05-07-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't trust them off a leash. If you plan on leaving your dog unattended in a yard, go NUTS making it escape proof, including under fences. PM me for horror stories about escaping beagles.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT big time. Brother in law has a beagle, who got out one time we were house sitting, at about 11 pm at night. They're fast and impossible to catch.

Also, enjoy the howling.

NT! 05-07-2007 04:09 PM

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...img0903bl4.jpg

CardSharpCook 05-07-2007 04:17 PM

LOOOL.

wh1t3bread 05-07-2007 04:36 PM

Awesome dog.

[ QUOTE ]
and goes 75% of the time on the pads with out having to show her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking from experience here in regards to paper/pad training. My girlfriend talked me into letting her get a similarly stubborn breed to house train (miniature dachshund). We tried pad training her at her request(I had never tried this method before so I thought I would give it a shot) and all that we accomplished was training the dog that it was acceptable to go to the bathroom in the house.

So after months of this we had to start all over again and it basically wound up taking us forever to house break her.

I'm going to avoid pad/paper training for every dog in the future. I'm also going to attempt to stop letting my girlfriend talk me into [censored], but we all know that I'm going to lose out on that one.

SamIAm 05-07-2007 05:08 PM

I never understood why anybody thought pad training was a good idea. It's a pretty subtle distinction between going on the pad and going on the carpet. If you're already crate training, why are you also teaching your dog to piss on the floor? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

mrkilla 05-07-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome dog.

[ QUOTE ]
and goes 75% of the time on the pads with out having to show her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking from experience here in regards to paper/pad training. My girlfriend talked me into letting her get a similarly stubborn breed to house train (miniature dachshund)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea hounds are stuborn for sure , I've tried to explain this to the GF too we shall see what happens when the walking starts, Shes only had the first round of shots we were going to wait for the rabies shot to start walking her

wh1t3bread 05-07-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never understood why anybody thought pad training was a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well it's definitely not and I completely regret trying it now. I'm not the type to shy away from trying new things, including dog training techniques. In theory it's a great idea to keep your house & floor relatively clean during the training period. In practice it works terribly bad. Ah well, live and learn and hopefully try to keep people from repeating my mistake.

At one point our damn dog refused to go outside (even on the pad outside) and would only go on the pad on the tile floor. That's when we knew that this form of house breaking would never work.

Those puppy pads are f-ing expensive too. That's some type of business those companies are running...

tagtastic 05-07-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2...piesealhr0.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is exactly what I was thinking before I opened this thread.

UbinTook 05-07-2007 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Those puppy pads are f-ing expensive too. That's some type of business those companies are running...

[/ QUOTE ]
Walmart...
MUCH cheaper than the Pet "box" stores.
50 for 12 bucks or so.

NT! 05-07-2007 08:29 PM

wait killa you have a live-in lady friend now? whoa

bisonbison 05-07-2007 08:34 PM

Don't pad train. Ned got the idea it was okay to go to the bathroom inside. Why is that ever a good idea for a dog?

dabluebery 05-07-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The best corrective method we've found is a spray bottle of water to the face. They hate that, but it's harmless.

[/ QUOTE ]

We tried this she just opens her mouth and plays in the spray ... I am willing to give this a go again. maybe more directly in her nose/eyes (as mean as that sounds)

Yea shes as stuborn as they come, she will "fetch" but not give , shes still pretty young I mean puppy schools won't take her till 10 weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely give it a try again, and try to be as mean as possible. Cold water, more volume, directly into eyes. Before I got the spray bottle I tossed a few ounces of cold water directly from a cup right on their faces.

You're doing this as an alternative to beating the crap out of them, water to their eyes is a major annoyance but only for about 15 seconds, which is their entire attention span anyway.

Most of the time I use it for correcting my beagles when they're fighting. Now they sit as soon as they see the bottle.

dabluebery 05-07-2007 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't pad train. Ned got the idea it was okay to go to the bathroom inside. Why is that ever a good idea for a dog?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my beagles was paper-trained as a result of living in a high rise apartment building as a puppy, and the owners were lazy I guess. I've had him for about a year and a half now, and he still pisses or craps on the bathmat like its his job.

kyleb 05-07-2007 09:45 PM

(insert guido comments here)

Borodog 05-07-2007 09:57 PM

Beautiful dog. When you get her a companion, get a pound puppy. There are many wonderful dogs that need homes.

NT! 05-07-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beautiful dog. When you get her a companion, get a pound puppy. There are many wonderful dogs that need homes.

[/ QUOTE ]

borodog, perhaps these un-cute puppies have failed in the marketplace of compassion?

(j/k, i agree totally, all my pets have always been strays)