Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I'm 6'3 and 215lbs, what are my chances vs: Mayweather? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395769)

stephan 05-04-2007 08:39 PM

I\'m 6\'3 and 215lbs, what are my chances vs: Mayweather?

I asked a friend how i'd do against Mayweather and he said that I'd get destroyed. I'm 6'3, 215lbs and in pretty good shape, probably around 13% body fat. My boxing skills are minimal and i've got a 78'' reach.

What would it take for me to beat him? If I improved my boxing skills moderately, i think I'd have a great shot at beating him. Am I wrong?

tercet 05-04-2007 08:40 PM

Re: I\'m 6\'3 and 215lbs, what are my chances vs: Mayweather?

30 Seconds if ur lucky.

daryn 05-04-2007 08:41 PM

i don't know man, i doubt you would get knocked out.. but maybe. you can't win the match though.

guids 05-04-2007 08:42 PM

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHH....no. 10 seconds tops.

2/325Falcon 05-04-2007 08:42 PM

He would crush you. Even if you were a "moderately" skilled boxer he's still going to be able to control the fight.

ut2010 05-04-2007 08:45 PM

The guy is undefeated against PROfessionals. wth?

heater 05-04-2007 08:48 PM

If there were enough interest in a prop bet a sparring session could probably be arranged.

Blarg 05-04-2007 08:48 PM

You won't have the speed, coordination, or the reaction time to stop him. You'll go down VERY fast. Your bulk doesn't matter much if you can't apply it. Mayweather is a superb athlete.

Those saying he won't knock you out with one punch may be correct, but landing the first one is the hardest. After that, it can just be a domino effect. Especially when nobody's wearing gloves and the fight is real. Don't think he wouldn't kick you in the crotch, either.

I outweigh you by 20 pounds and have a good amount of martial arts experience, and think it would be pretty dicey to say he'd do anything but tear me apart. At his level of athleticism and timing and reaction speed, you just have to be half a beat behind and you're done. A world champion of his caliber could probably get a half a beat ahead of me in short order, if not immediately. Just more time spent in the ring. I've been very good at this before, but I've never done it for a living.

P.S.: A heavyweight professional boxer taking a punch even in the face is not like a regular guy taking it. You'd get hurt by a Mayweather punch a lot more than a pro heavyweight would, so your size doesn't matter as much.

prohornblower 05-04-2007 08:50 PM

How much does Mayweather weigh?

I'm pretty sure he'd KO or at least TKO you within one round. His fists would be flying faster than you can even imagine. By the time you realize you got hit, he'll be done with a three punch combo and you'll be unable to recover in time to defend yourself.

Remember, F=MA. He may not have a lot of M, but his A is >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t; yours

guids 05-04-2007 08:51 PM

The other thing is, you aren that big, 6 3 and 215 is fairly lanky and skinny, so your size, other than reach isnt much of any of an advantage

Blarg 05-04-2007 08:51 PM

And the timing and coordination and ring generalship to apply it.

And I agree, you'd probably never even see the punches.

suzzer99 05-04-2007 08:54 PM

I'm no boxing expert, but I think he'd just pound your body until you crumpled, then finish you off with a haymaker. I give it 10-15 sec. from the time you guys first engage, unless you clench or run away a lot.

The idea of beating him is beyond ludicrous.

doubLe a tom 05-04-2007 08:55 PM

lol, you probably couldnt beat an average middleweight at your local gym.

daryn 05-04-2007 08:57 PM

we're talking about a boxing match though right? i mean of course you'd have some chance in a street fight.

sightless 05-04-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we're talking about a boxing match though right? i mean of course you'd have some chance in a street fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all
as long as theer are no weapons involved

schundler 05-04-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

0% in a boxing match, maybe 1% in a street fight (assuming no weapons)

suzzer99 05-04-2007 08:59 PM

I think in tight quarters someone that size might have a shot if they could knock him down and plant their knee right in Mayweather's chest.

schundler 05-04-2007 09:00 PM

Could I ever make one post without someone saying the exact same thing as me .035730853 seconds earlier

stephan 05-04-2007 09:06 PM

I was kind of hoping for serious responses, but no one seems to be actually thinking this through. There is no way I'd go down in under 30 seconds. A 150lb man doesn't have that type of power. How many 1st round knockouts does this guy even have? These featherweights don't knock people out in the 1st round.

kyleb 05-04-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was kind of hoping for serious responses, but no one seems to be actually thinking this through. There is no way I'd go down in under 30 seconds. A 150lb man doesn't have that type of power. How many 1st round knockouts does this guy even have? These featherweights don't knock people out in the 1st round.

[/ QUOTE ]

lololololol

edit: LMAO

guids 05-04-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many times have you ever received a punch to your face? what..1, maybe 2 times in your whole life? You have no idea what you are talking about.

Tyler Durden 05-04-2007 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose you'd be able to avoid him for like 45 seconds but I would be surprised if one of his first five punches didn't result in a KO.

2/325Falcon 05-04-2007 09:11 PM

My response was serious. If you stepped into a ring with Mayweather he would be able to hit you at will and with impunity. Your height/weight difference is inconsequential compared to your skill/experience difference. Mayweather would simply beat your ass.

stephan 05-04-2007 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many times have you ever received a punch to your face? what..1, maybe 2 times in your whole life? You have no idea what you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Taking punches to the face doesn't give you the ability to have some super strong jaw. A fatass who never leaves his couch that weighs 200lbs can take a better punch than every single 150lb boxer in the world.

traz 05-04-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A fatass who never leaves his couch that weighs 200lbs can take a better punch than every single 150lb boxer in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be a real account can you? No one can be this stupid without trying.

I'm pretty sure if you only allowed mayweather to punch with his left hand, and a maximum of two punches, he'd still beat you

guids 05-04-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Taking punches to the face doesn't give you the ability to have some super strong jaw. A fatass who never leaves his couch that weighs 200lbs can take a better punch than every single 150lb boxer in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know nothing about what you are talking about, this thread should just get deleted.

stephan 05-04-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A fatass who never leaves his couch that weighs 200lbs can take a better punch than every single 150lb boxer in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be a real account can you? No one can be this stupid without trying

[/ QUOTE ]
You must not know too much about human anatomy. Someone weighing 50lbs more has significantly thicker bone density + all that other [censored] that lets them take punches. You can't train yourself to take punches stronger than your body will let you.

Yeti 05-04-2007 09:14 PM

this thread is dumb, obv you have no chance.

what is op's chance v a featherweight? still zilch?

Pudge714 05-04-2007 09:14 PM

What if it was Assani Fisher and he could run around in the ring trying to dodge him?

doubLe a tom 05-04-2007 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, you probably couldnt beat an average middleweight at your local gym.

[/ QUOTE ]

DrunkIrish05 05-04-2007 09:15 PM

i'm pretty sure he's leveling all of you

stephan 05-04-2007 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is dumb, obv you have no chance.

what is op's chance v a featherweight? still zilch?

[/ QUOTE ]
What a joke; that is 126lbs and less. I guess the OOT is for the retarded posters. Isn't there an intelligent part of this site where posters would actually reply with statistics about how for each lb difference, there is a 2% better chance to win. I think it's Sklansky's forum.

doubLe a tom 05-04-2007 09:19 PM

so you got like 60 lbs on mayweather, therefore you are 120% to win.

punkass 05-04-2007 09:21 PM

are you serious?

I could bulk up, get some boxing skills, have overall excellent health, get in tip top shape...

...and he would hit me once, anywhere, and the sheer pain would have me crying and down. I would last as long as I can run away from him.

Blarg 05-04-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lololololol

edit: LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna have to go with kyleb on this one.

And reiterate what I was getting at and what someone else said -- how many times have you been punched in the face in your life? Now how many times by someone who does it for a living?

By the way, my old martial arts teacher could fling people through the air with a punch from an inch away. I don't mean figuratively either. Weight is far from the only thing in delivering power. If you don't think a 147 pound guy could rock your head with a punch, you're mistaken.

Plus, even if you're not knocked out in one punch, does it matter? You think you'll be pretty well oriented and able to fight after that first punch?

Tyler Durden 05-04-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you serious?

I could bulk up, get some boxing skills, have overall excellent health, get in tip top shape...

...and he would hit me once, anywhere, and the sheer pain would have me crying and down. I would last as long as I can run away from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL QFT

stephan 05-04-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mike Tyson would destroy both of us in 1 punch, I admit that. I wonder what the force difference is between a Mike Tyson punch and a Mayweather punch. I bet it's a huge ass amount.

punkass 05-04-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mike Tyson would destroy you. I wonder what the force difference is between a Mike Tyson punch and a Mayweather punch. I bet it's a huge ass amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, now you're just trolling, right?

stephan 05-04-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mike Tyson would destroy you. I wonder what the force difference is between a Mike Tyson punch and a Mayweather punch. I bet it's a huge ass amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, now you're just trolling, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhh no, it's an important point. Mike Tyson has 1-punch knockout power to someone 215lbs+, Mayweather doesn't.

Blarg 05-04-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Neck strength matters. So does experience in riding punches, as in relaxing and turning your head and body with the punch. What does sitting in a couch until you weigh 200 pounds teach you about that.

Also, what happens when the first punch lands if it does not knock you out can have a lot to do with toughness, and you get that in gym through hard and painful experience. Where's yours? Better find it fast, because Floyd's punches are not going to hang around waiting while you find your mind.