Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Flopped low str8 --> fast play? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395499)

fretelöo 05-04-2007 01:58 PM

Flopped low str8 --> fast play?

The table is in the process of filling up (FR). Several players are waiting to post and the table is still quite loose. Given that I can be outdrawn rather easily on this semi-connected flop, is a raise in order?

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, Hero ???

larm 05-04-2007 02:04 PM

Re: Flopped low str8 --> fast play?

*grunch*

i would raise... you have position and you are only beaten by Q9...

reevalute on the turn... if its loose they might cold call 2 bets....

Man of Means 05-04-2007 02:14 PM

Raise and collect bets - lots of hands will hit this flop and be willing to pay 2 bets with pair+gutshot, overs+gutshot, etc. and may even be waiting in the weeds with a two pair.

Your action and/or hand could die on the turn, so now's the time. Also, with your flop raise, villains may put you on a Jack or something weaker, but they know the "wait until turn to pop it" routine.

BigBadBabar 05-04-2007 02:16 PM

yep raisy daisy right now

ibi 05-04-2007 02:51 PM

*grunch*

You have a strong made hand, but the board texture makes you very vulnerable. RAISE to narrow the field is a must, no?

If he really does have Q9, I think you have to pay off if blanks come on the turn and river.

But he could be value betting a KQ, so an Ace or 9 would give me the MUBS. Two pair on this semi-connected board is also a consideration. So if the board pairs, more MUBS.

Shillx 05-04-2007 02:54 PM

Yeah raise it. You're gonna get plenty of action so start building a pot

NIX 05-04-2007 02:56 PM

Yeah, raise now. Folding out gutshots is good and several turns may kill your action. Also, if everyone is still in loose-peel-every-flop-mode, the flop is where you're gonna get a lot of value.

halpgr 05-04-2007 02:57 PM

5 way you're not quite strong enough to slow play. Raise the flop.

aK13 05-04-2007 04:16 PM

Q or another 9 severely owns your straight. Just pop it up.

fretelöo 05-04-2007 04:21 PM

Good. I did. Just checking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

remz289 05-04-2007 04:53 PM

*grunch*

I think you have to play it fast. I think your not strong enough to play that hand slowly.

nerdking 05-04-2007 08:34 PM

4 handed with the low end of the straight I'm raising as things can get worse for us.

Nytecaster 05-04-2007 08:40 PM

Raise. There is already $13 (3.25BB) in pot, $17 (4.25BB) if the original bettor calls your raise. This is already a good pot to take down and you don't mind people coming (as you will still have position). I think the off chance someone behind may come in, along with the fact you are afraid of hitting any card above 9 to make a second best hand needs to get as much money in now while you know you are good. J9 is the only hand you don't want to be up against at this moment. You are worried about other hands dominating your straight on the turn and river cards as well.