Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   T - Nation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393911)

Jetboy2 05-02-2007 05:48 PM

T - Nation

Ok.

There is excellent advice on T-Nation.

However, the website is so f''ng horrible, that I don't know why anyone would go there except for extreme bodybuilders?

The folks that run T-Nation need to hire some g_y designers who actually know how to put a website together!

jetboy.

thirddan 05-02-2007 06:11 PM

Re: T - Nation

go read TC Luoma's atomic dog from a couple weeks ago, called max hardcore or something like that...

i spend most of my time online at t-nation...

Jetboy2 05-02-2007 06:15 PM

Not talking about you..

On T-Nation - First thing presented is "Eat My Meat".

What will a beginner find on the unorganized T-Nation website?

thirddan 05-02-2007 06:17 PM

are you serious?

go to the beginners forum and read the sticky threads, they have tons of links to diets, programs, general info...take some time and look around...

Jetboy2 05-02-2007 06:26 PM

Yes, I'm serious.

The "beginners" link is 'insignificant' (small type) and on the left navigation of the page. " Eat My Meat, The Sequel" is the primary article.

Go figure?

thirddan 05-02-2007 06:30 PM

i don't get it, are you complaining that you can't find the info you are looking for? or that the info isn't there?

WalkUpCondo 05-02-2007 06:33 PM

T-Nation seems pretty user-friendly to me.

jah7_fsu1 05-02-2007 06:33 PM

The search is a google style search that works pretty well. I dunno, it does seem a little cluttered, but there is so much information on that site. I dislike the forums (not a big fan of lack of free speech), and I'm not a huge fan of Biotest products/marketing, but no one really denys t-nation is the best site on the internet. Even all the diehards I know who hate Biotest with a passion and hate the censorship of the boards still read a lot on there.

Jetboy2 05-02-2007 06:43 PM

"T-Nation seems pretty user-friendly to me."

Ok.

I'm a 32 year old guy. Too fat. 5'9", 210#. Want to lose some weight.

I arrive here: http://www.t-nation.com/index.do

How user friendly is that?

thirddan 05-02-2007 06:45 PM

here you go...

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350

can this thread be done now?

jah7_fsu1 05-02-2007 06:46 PM

Jetboy: Just try looking at old articles, searching and what not. It might not be completely user friendly, but you have to do a lot of research to really get the best answers. This isn't poker, you can't have a mathematical right answer on everything. Many, many different ways to answer questions in the world of fitness.

theblackkeys 05-02-2007 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The search is a google style search that works pretty well. I dunno, it does seem a little cluttered, but there is so much information on that site. I dislike the forums (not a big fan of lack of free speech), and I'm not a huge fan of Biotest products/marketing, but no one really denys t-nation is the best site on the internet. Even all the diehards I know who hate Biotest with a passion and hate the censorship of the boards still read a lot on there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to search and open those links in new tabs? It always pops up that a new window (I hate when sites do that) for searching, and when you click on a link it reloads that page you were previously on, on the old browser window. Also, this new window it pops up doesn't allow you to open the search results in a new tab or window. That is a disgusting site design, if you ask me.

Packard 05-02-2007 07:07 PM

There is a ton of great free info on T-Nation about eating, training and mental parts of building a better body. Just use the menus on the left side of the site for navagation.

Jeff W 05-02-2007 08:49 PM

I like bodyrecomposition.com a lot more than t-nation.

Big Poppa Smurf 05-02-2007 11:18 PM

Call me crazy, but it seems like t-nation would be a better place to complain about t-nation than here?

zer0 05-03-2007 01:35 AM

read the articles, not the forums. too much noise to wade through.

kyleb 05-03-2007 01:42 AM

Yeah I just read this post for some reason. T-Nation is fine.

Parlay Slow 05-03-2007 03:28 AM

total T-Nation fan boy/BioTest supp whore right here

mattnxtc 05-03-2007 09:15 AM

I like T-Nation as a site...Some of their supplements dont necessary match up to the quality of others but thats the same with any company. But the site as a whole has a ton of information for free that can improve just about anybodys workout

matt holland 05-03-2007 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like bodyrecomposition.com a lot more than t-nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be one of the best posts I have seen in this forum. bodyrecomposition.com is the most objective source of training and nutritional information I have found.