Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   another overpair hand: QQ nl100 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393417)

benlj21 05-02-2007 01:41 AM

another overpair hand: QQ nl100

BTN is good tag, slightly laggy but good. Running at 22/20/6.22, I've been 3betting him light a lot. Last round he opened, sb called and I 3bet A8s, they folded. Oh yeah, his AF is 6+...

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $97
<font color="black">benlj21 (BB): $142.40</font>
UTG: $167.35
CO: $94.40
<font color="black">BTN: $394.65</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> benlj21 is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.50</font>, SB calls $3, <font color="red">benlj21 raises to $14</font>, BTN calls $10.50, SB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($31.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

plan for the rest of the hand?

FishSticks 05-02-2007 01:56 AM

Re: another overpair hand: QQ nl100

If he's 22/20 he's flat calling 3bets pretty rarely. Has he played back at you at all when you've 3bet before? Has he taken some flops, and then folded to your cbets, or has he just let them all go preflop pretty much? His range is pretty strong here, but without any postflop history to suggest he'll bluffraise your cbet, I'm going to bet/fold the flop.

If I get a flatcall, I'm going to be quite nervous, as jacks maybe nines is about all we're reasonably beating at that point.

Fonkey123 05-02-2007 01:57 AM

Raise more preflop for one to like 20. I probably bet flop then CRAI turn.

Fonkey123 05-02-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's 22/20 he's flat calling 3bets pretty rarely. Has he played back at you at all when you've 3bet before? Has he taken some flops, and then folded to your cbets, or has he just let them all go preflop pretty much? His range is pretty strong here, but without any postflop history to suggest he'll bluffraise your cbet, I'm going to bet/fold the flop.

If I get a flatcall, I'm going to be quite nervous, as jacks maybe nines is about all we're reasonably beating at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he'd risk the overcall here with AA/KK.

FishSticks 05-02-2007 01:59 AM

No? Against a light initial 3bettor, a 4bet by aces and kings is going to fold the SB nearly always, and telegraph his hand to the 3bettor.

Fonkey123 05-02-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No? Against a light initial 3bettor, a 4bet by aces and kings is going to fold the SB nearly always, and telegraph his hand to the 3bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL? So a 4 bet in BVB is always AA/KK?

FishSticks 05-02-2007 02:07 AM

That's not what I said at all.

This isn't BVB. I didn't say his flatcalling range was only AA/KK. All I'm saying is you can't just discount them from his range.

Also, OP said he's been 3betting light a lot, and made no mention of the button 4betting over any of them.

If you held AA on the button, and someone you know is 3betting light put in the expected light 3bet, and you hadn't 4bet him before, you'd pick that spot to 4bet and drive him out of the pot?

loosbastard 05-02-2007 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think he'd risk the overcall here with AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time.

benlj21 05-02-2007 02:39 AM

This hand is the only time i remember that he called a 3bet. CO in this hand is BTN from the first hand (same villain in other words). I'm not sure how great I played it, but I think I got decent value out of JJ-77. Anyone like a better line to get more?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $192.25
<font color="black">benlj21 (BB): $211.50</font>
UTG: $38.50
<font color="black">CO: $100</font>
BTN: $168.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> benlj21 is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $3.50</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">benlj21 raises to $11</font>, CO calls $7.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($22.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
benlj21 checks, CO checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($22.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">benlj21 bets $18</font>, CO calls $18

<font color="black">River:</font> ($58.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">benlj21 bets $33</font>, CO folds
Uncalled bet of $33 returned to benlj21

Pot Size: $58.50 ($2.90 Rake)

benlj21 05-02-2007 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like raising bigger, I don't do this enough. It's easier to rule out a lot more hands if I do that.

gmiguelena 05-02-2007 03:52 AM

Bet half pot, and see what happen.
If you saw in previous hands lots of raises on the flop from BTN, you can try a re-reraise, if he push, you can fold a this point.

JackAll 05-02-2007 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet $20-22 on the flop and fold to a raise.
I will then check the turn and fold to a large bet.
If he bets turn not too huge I would c/f river. If he checks turn, I would be 60% pot on river for value and fold to a raise.
Easy peasy japanesey.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you high? We are just lighting money on fire c/r'ing the turn here on a dry board vs a "very good tag" as described by original poster.

74o_Clownsuit 05-02-2007 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he bets turn not too huge I would c/f river. If he checks turn, I would be 60% pot on river for value and fold to a raise.
Easy peasy japanesey.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you high? We are just lighting money on fire c/r'ing the turn here on a dry board vs a "very good tag" as described by original poster.

[/ QUOTE ]
You do know a good villian will put you on AK here a lot? OP's read of villian is taggy/good but a little laggy too. Not that this guy is gonna fps/bluff you off every rr pot or whatnot but always folding to a flop raise or c/fing turn seems like the money burning to me.

However it really depends on how this particular villian handles this spot, so it's kinda moot.

JackAll 05-02-2007 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You do know a good villian will put you on AK here a lot? OP's read of villian is taggy/good but a little laggy too. Not that this guy is gonna fps/bluff you off every rr pot or whatnot but always folding to a flop raise or c/fing turn seems like the money burning to me.

However it really depends on how this particular villian handles this spot, so it's kinda moot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess you could call a raise here, but I think his hand range is pretty strong if he raises the flop in a re-raised pot, I find he often has AA/KK/66/88/TT far more often than a bluff. That is 21 hands ahead of us. Though I could be a little nitty I guess.

74o_Clownsuit 05-02-2007 06:16 AM

It's pretty important to know your image to this guy as well. The nittier you are I think folding to a raise is better while if you play very aggro post then I have a hard time getting away from this against a thinking player here.

Also: keep in mind that a lot of players would just call with a set here in order to let you continue "bluffing" at the pot.

phantom_lord 05-02-2007 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Easy peasy japanesey.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds reasonable.

Fonkey123 05-02-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy peasy japanesey.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how this is burning money on fire. Bet 30 on flop, you have like 100 left behind. If he bets you probably won't even have to check/raise, since he'll probably be pushing. If he does in fact have AA/KK they ALMOST ALWAYS push in right here on the flop. Check/call seems fine on the turn or just push yourself.

benlj21 05-03-2007 12:18 AM

The whole idea of raising bigger is so that it cuts down on his implied odds with small pairs, and it's not bad to be committed to the hand postflop if we raise bigger pre. If we don't raise bigger though, I agree that going broke here sucks.