Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Another gem against betgo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380800)

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:13 AM

Another gem against betgo

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($45)
Button ($74.60)
SB ($178.15)
BB ($59)
UTG ($55.50)
UTG+1 ($81.40)
MP1 ($97)
Hero ($100)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $31</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $100</font>, MP1 calls $66 (All-In).

Osprey 04-17-2007 09:16 AM

Re: Another gem against betgo

Why?

diebitter 04-17-2007 09:17 AM

AA amirite?

curtains 04-17-2007 09:19 AM

Highly doubt he'd have posted if he had AA. Either that or hero = betgo?

TheProdigy 04-17-2007 09:22 AM

Shouldn't we be showing some results? It's really hard to be able to tell anything here..Unless of course you want to know if it is a good play or not, and I think it is because of:
1) Fold equity when you play back
2) You obv have history and prob have a good read to know what to do here so you prob had good judgment on it

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am far ahead of his range and he will call with worse hands.

Panthro 04-17-2007 09:23 AM

ew

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't we be showing some results?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...that would be results oriented?

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:31 AM

We have to assume his range is at least TT+ and AQ+ and probably worse and that he will call with any hand in this range.

trixter23 04-17-2007 09:34 AM

results.

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:35 AM

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($45)
Button ($74.60)
SB ($178.15)
BB ($59)
UTG ($55.50)
UTG+1 ($81.40)
MP1 ($97)
Hero ($100)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $31</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $100</font>, MP1 calls $66 (All-In).

Flop: ($198.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($198.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($198.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $198.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has Qd Ac (one pair, queens).
Hero has Js Jd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: MP1 wins $195.50. Hero wins $3. </font>

Osprey 04-17-2007 09:38 AM

Jacks is behind the range that you mentioned, according to Pokerstove. This play really seems like gambling just to gamble, it's certainly not a big edge either way, unless betgo gets really crazy.

[ QUOTE ]
We have to assume his range is at least TT+ and AQ+ and probably worse and that he will call with any hand in this range.

[/ QUOTE ]

diebitter 04-17-2007 09:39 AM

I haven't got pokerstove, but that range is 32 hands where you're a small winner, 6 you are clear fav, 6 is evens, and 18 he's well ahead.

ok if you include 88+ you're ahead, otherwise not.

Osprey 04-17-2007 09:39 AM

Your old avatar was much more pimping, IMHO

Panthro 04-17-2007 09:40 AM

never played w/ betgo, but you really think TT/JJ is in his 4-bet/shoving range?

curtains 04-17-2007 09:42 AM

Why is this being posted exactly? Is it to demonstrate how bad betgo is supposed to be or is it just some kind of running friendly joke between the two of you?

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
never played w/ betgo, but you really think TT/JJ is in his 4-bet/shoving range?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah.

diebitter 04-17-2007 09:45 AM

What's your stars name?

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this being posted exactly? Is it to demonstrate how bad betgo is supposed to be or is it just some kind of running friendly joke between the two of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to find ways to exploit his style. I'm not sure that pushing here with jacks was the best way to go even though my result was good.

I 3-bet him light and he knows that. So now he 4-bets me light so pushing jacks against betgo may or may not be +EV for me.

FWIW I think he 4bets here with a lot worse hands too that he probably folds to a shove.

raistlinx 04-17-2007 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems like just a BBV post to me.

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like just a BBV post to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get the [censored] out of my thread you worthless piece of [censored].

curtains 04-17-2007 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to find ways to exploit his style. I'm not sure that pushing here with jacks was the best way to go even though my result was good.

I 3-bet him light and he knows that. So now he 4-bets me light so pushing jacks against betgo may or may not be +EV for me.

FWIW I think he 4bets here with a lot worse hands too that he probably folds to a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, the title of the post sounds like you are insulting him.

I mean I'm sure that your play was fine, especially if you are correct about his ranges, which it seems like you probably are.

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean I'm sure that your play was fine, especially if you are correct about his ranges, which it seems like you probably are.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the surface it looks like we both played the hand like monkeeys. But there is a lot of metagame involved in this hand that makes it kinda complex.

Cry Me A River 04-17-2007 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to find ways to exploit his style.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the reason why you're looking to for excuses to mix it up with marginal hands against the best player at your table rather than cultivating all the "low hanging fruit" is...?

We get it. TAGs have bigger e-penises than LAGs. Too bad it's now costing you actual money instead of just silly posts to keep trying to prove it.

threads13 04-17-2007 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the surface it looks like we both played the hand like monkeeys. But there is a lot of metagame involved in this hand that makes it kinda complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it is just some multi-level thinking, right?

He knows that you RR light and you know that he knows that so you shove light.

Is there something more to that I am missing?

diebitter 04-17-2007 10:01 AM

I think Fossilman did some analyses of these sort of aggro-arms races a long time ago. Can't remember where. I think the answer is roughly 'stop and go'.

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We get it. TAGs have bigger e-penises than LAGs. Too bad it's now costing you actual money instead of just silly posts to keep trying to prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not costing me money if it is +EV. Who said betgo was the best at the table? FWIW I think I do extremely well playing pots against him.

If you're scared to play against good players, maybe you should drop down to 50NL.

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Fossilman did some analyses of these sort of aggro-arms races a long time ago. Can't remember where. I think the answer is roughly 'stop and go'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I think about it, this sounds like an interesting alternative strategy for situations like this one. I'm gonna try to dig that up...

betgo 04-17-2007 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that I think about it, this sounds like an interesting alternative strategy for situations like this one. I'm gonna try to dig that up...

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop and going JJ is pretty bad here. It might or might not have gotten me to fold here. However, in general you don't stop and go middle pps, because you only get folds when you are ahead.

diebitter 04-17-2007 10:09 AM

let me have the link if you find it please.

threads13 04-17-2007 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think you should do that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

and share here...

What is your initial thoughts as to why a stop n go would be better?

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop and going JJ is pretty bad here. It might or might not have gotten me to fold here. However, in general you don't stop and go middle pps, because you only get folds when you are ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you like the jacks push?

betgo 04-17-2007 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you like the jacks push?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is push or fold with JJ. Generally, I would fold, but it could be a push based on your read of the initial raiser.

diebitter 04-17-2007 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong about what he came up with, or even if it was him.

I don't remember playing a stopngo in FR ever, FWIW.

curtains 04-17-2007 10:14 AM

You guys are totally misusing the term "Stop+Go". It's only really applicable when out of position.

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember playing a stopngo in FR ever, FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably in MTT.

diebitter 04-17-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are totally misusing the term "Stop+Go". It's only really applicable when out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I am, but you get the idea.

curtains 04-17-2007 10:17 AM

btw I suspect that it's correct to simply fold PF most of the time. -edit misread and somehow though the positions were earlier.

betgo 04-17-2007 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Since they were talking stop and go, I assumed he was in the blinds. Can't stop and go here. If you call, I probably push the flop or bet enought to pot commit me.

jack frost 04-17-2007 10:21 AM

I play with betgo also and I think pokerboy's play is pretty good considering that is was against Betgo. Betgo makes some questionable plays and I can't really see how he thinks that calling here is very profitable especially against a player like pokerboy. I am in no way saying you are a bad player Betgo just that you are very aggro and actually you have to add SC's and a few more hands to Betgo's range. I have seen 3 bet waaaaaaay more than A-Q+ and 10-10+ quite a few times.
I say good play pokerboy you just got unlucky.