Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   You heard it here first (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379642)

leatherass 04-16-2007 12:08 AM

You heard it here first

I had zero VPP's as of April 11,2007. By the end of the year I will be a Supernova elite member. For those of you not familiar with how difficult it is to become a Supernova elite member, check out Pokerstars.com and read about just how impossible it is to reach that status. Basically unless I am hanging out with my wife or occasionally playing golf, I will be playing poker. My plan is to ten table the NL games on PokerStars till my eyelids fall off for the remainder of the year. I will probably have to play well over 2 million hands over the next 8 and 1/2 months in order to achieve this. If anyone can do it it's me. My name "leatherass" didn't come from nowhere. I really thought about it a lot over the past two days and the real issue is whether or not I want to put in what it takes to achieve this. My plan was to play a lot of poker early in the year when the weather isn't that great. By doing so I would be able to play a lot of golf in the summer and have fun. Then when the winter hit it would be back to poker again. I am going to have to give up on golf for awhile. I'm sure I can sneak out for the occasional round but I don't have time for much more than that. This is not going to be easy. I am also going to have to give up a few little trips to California that I was planning as well as a lot of the extra time I spend doing things like posting on the forums or just surfing the net. I am going to Europe in September for a week or so and that won't change. So that is going to make it even more difficult. I am basically just going to have to completely focus on poker until December 31st. Wow will I get wasted on New Year's eve...lol. Seriously though, the more I write about this the more I'm thinking of backing out...lol. I won't though. I'm going to do this.

I talked to my wife this afternoon about this as I consider us to completely be a team and I wouldn't do it unless she agreed to it as well. My guess is we will still spend a lot of time together but I may not get to hang out with her as much as we normally do. I decided that it was golf, surfing the net, posting in the forums and a few little golf trips that are going to have to take the hit if I'm going to achieve this. I am going to try and cut back the time I spend with her as little as possible. I am going to be spread awfully thin, but I'm going to do it. I have a feeling my wife is going to be hitting me up for a Porche (cost is 3 million FPP's in the VIP store) at the end of the year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think by years' end I should have about that many points. Next year, however, I will be the happiest guy alive. I will be able to go back to playing at my usual pace and I will easily be able to maintain my elite status because I will have all year to accumulate the 50k VPP pointsa month it takes to maintain your elite status. Because I will have elite status next year I will be able to make a fortune as I will earn FPP points at an incredible rate due to my status.

I will continue to work with the people I have already coached, however, I am no longer going to accept any new students. I just simply won't have the time to do it. I guess it's going to have to be all about poker for the rest of the year. My hope is I can also perform really well and save some money. I am a few years away but I am already planning for future family members and I would love to be in great financial shape when that time comes. I am a little nervous to do this. It's going to be very difficult but the rewards are great. I have an opportunity to make enough money to really set my family up nicely as well as a chance to take all of that money I will surely make and invest some of it in progressing through the limits. As an elite member they will also pay my way into two $10k buy in TV tournaments so I will also get a chance to make a name for myself there. So wish me luck everyone and I will keep you posted on my progress when I'm not playing poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

You can follow my progress at XXXXX.com

killsadie 04-16-2007 12:12 AM

Re: You heard it here first

and you wrote this knowing no one would read it?

ikestoys 04-16-2007 12:14 AM

tl;dr

but you are gonna get in trouble for what is basically an ad for your new website

furyshade 04-16-2007 12:15 AM

does the elite last forever if you keep up the 50k vpp a month?

apefish 04-16-2007 12:18 AM

If we didn't hear it here first.... would we even know?
Best of luck with your leather ass I guess.

PokerGolfFiend 04-16-2007 12:19 AM

i can't believe i read all that.

leatherass 04-16-2007 12:22 AM

It's not my website. My blog just get's posted on it.

MusashiStyle 04-16-2007 12:35 AM

hmm... good luck. i don't know if this is so smart but u can't achieve anything with out trying so go for it.

studmuffin 04-16-2007 01:28 AM

Is this the gimmick account of the guy that molested his sister and tried to pass it off as an innocent spider/spanking incident?

AmIAFishy2? 04-16-2007 01:29 AM

youre the man dude....not even joking

Q-School FTW

ImsaKidd 04-16-2007 01:31 AM

You should take prop bets with BBV against you doing this.

Sayfur 04-16-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the gimmick account of the guy that molested his sister and tried to pass it off as an innocent spider/spanking incident?

[/ QUOTE ]agree

GrandMelon 04-16-2007 01:58 AM

Ive seen you at some of my 1/2 tables, gl your gonna need it to stay sane.

cassette 04-16-2007 02:02 AM

You seem like a nice guy and you play well in your videos. Good luck!

eviljeff 04-16-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, pretty awesome reference

leatherass 04-16-2007 02:09 AM

I was thinking about that but I don't know if I even have time to worry about that stuff. If I can play good poker the whole time that would be more than enough money. A good win rate + 2 million or more hands + the benefits of achieving elite status = A lot of $$$$$$. It is going to be tough to play well that whole time but I really think I can. It's sad to say but this isn't going to be that much of an increase from what I normally play...lol

Mrage 04-16-2007 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should take prop bets with BBV against you doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

adanthar 04-16-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive seen you at some of my 1/2 tables

[/ QUOTE ]

achieving SNE by playing 1/2 = life beat of the highest degree

bicyclekick 04-16-2007 02:30 AM

I'll bet 1000 even money you don't get it, if in fact like you said you had 0 points on april 11.

Stox can hold the money until then. Let me know if you're interested.

stoxtrader 04-16-2007 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll bet 1000 even money you don't get it, if in fact like you said you had 0 points on april 11.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can confirm this is the case about the points april 11th. but not really sure how it can be "proved". if details can be worked out I would probably be willing to take some action on Leatherass myself if he doesnt want too. He can certainly post a screenshot of his current VPP balance.

bicyclekick 04-16-2007 02:53 AM

wow after reading his blog i'd rather bet 500 lol. Of all people he might be able to do it.

/pussybk

leatherass 04-16-2007 03:21 AM

I used to play as high as 5/10 nl regularly and recently I went to 1/2nl to make some nice guaranteed money for awhile as I just bought a new house and got married. I will most certainly be playing higher than 1/2nl for the majority of this quest though.

feesjah 04-16-2007 03:38 AM

nice, good luck !

leatherass 04-16-2007 03:41 AM

I used to play as high as 5/10 nl regularly and recently I went to 1/2nl to make some nice guaranteed money for awhile as I just bought a new house and got married. I will most certainly be playing higher than 1/2nl for the majority of this quest though.

I also want to clarify one thing. Obviously this doesn't change anything but I did have like 3-4 hundred VPP on April 11th. I said I had zero but to be 100% honest I did play a few SnG tourneys and maybe a couple of hours of cash games at some point during the year. So I didn't technically have zero but obviously those few poiints are going to change the nature of my accomplishment

tomtemor 04-16-2007 03:55 AM

How many hours a week do you expect this to take?

Best of luck!

SEABEAST 04-16-2007 04:00 AM

WALL OF TEXT THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

leatherass 04-16-2007 06:42 AM

Thanks. I expect I will play poker about 60 hours a week. I will be ten tabling. I may bump it up to 11-12 tables but I find it really difficult to do and I certainly don't want to kill my win rate. It's hard enough to have a high win rate ten tabling!!

Evigt_Drabbad 04-16-2007 07:22 AM

gl

FluffyTiger 04-16-2007 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

baronzeus has laid the SMACKDOWN on OP!!!!!!!!!!

I mean bicyclekick!!!!!!!

The B 04-16-2007 07:32 AM

leather assament

[Phill] 04-16-2007 07:35 AM

Its probably easier to win the WSOP ME and then sign on with Pokerstars, with a clause in the contract that you are officially named as Super Super Nova Elite Ninja Forever King.

I know ill insist on a press release like that if i win it this year [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously tho OP, i dont really care. Kinda wish id not read this thread, though i didnt read all your OP, please learn to use the key with Enter written on it more effectively.

lyncks2002 04-16-2007 07:39 AM

i can only wish OP good luck with that freaking impossible task!

Capt. Busto 04-16-2007 08:22 AM

Anyone offering an over/under on this?

stoxtrader 04-16-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow after reading his blog i'd rather bet 500 lol. Of all people he might be able to do it.

/pussybk

[/ QUOTE ]

I will take that action and more, maybe el diablo or FSU player would hold the funds? or someone else if you like.

Niwa 04-16-2007 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and you wrote this knowing no one would read it?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

HBomb 04-16-2007 12:35 PM

3 or 4 table the 1k/2k max limit games 6 hours a day and you'll be there in no time with the $5 rake

Roman 04-16-2007 12:47 PM

stox ill bet u 500 as well if u wish

i dont really care how we do this, i know ur good for it

Flintoff 04-16-2007 12:51 PM

I am 90% certain he will do this.

modnareno 04-16-2007 01:02 PM

Hurry up and move out of 1/2 NL

ImsaKidd 04-16-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am 90% certain he will do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that i think about it, I dunno if im gonna put any prop bets down. He might be crazy enough to do it.