Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   I cant access the MM+B forum. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375334)

Red Lion 04-10-2007 04:56 PM

I cant access the MM+B forum.

Can anyone else or is it just me? I dont even know if I have ever posted there.

ShakeZula06 04-10-2007 05:07 PM

Re: I cant access the MM+B forum.

I believe it's being merged with finacing and investing to create business, finacing, and investing. Sniper noted this once before (he was against the merge if I remember correctly).

RedJoker 04-10-2007 05:17 PM

Forum Reorganization

Red Lion 04-10-2007 06:09 PM

Sounds good, mods feel free to lock/delete.

majesty2009 04-10-2007 06:55 PM

"Merged" how is it a merger. Its the Finance forum with MM&B posts moved over there. New users wont come there for anything but finance. This is horrible and nonsensical. The forum was just starting to pick up again and you rip it back down. Thanks

heater 04-10-2007 07:56 PM

This is a dumb move.

majesty2009 04-10-2007 07:57 PM

Hey there wasnt enough traffic, we needed to make space for the german forum.

MEbenhoe 04-11-2007 12:06 AM

It can be reseparated. If the admins see a lot of MMB traffic in BFI or if someone awesome wanted to sponsor it for some reason, I'm sure they'd be happy to.

I'd like to see it its own forum again too.

RiverFenix 04-11-2007 03:34 PM

This is seriously the biggest joke. A german poker forum added and MMB removed? Please bring it back as it is completely different than F&I and the two shouldnt clutter each other up.

Colt McCoy 04-11-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is seriously the biggest joke. A german poker forum added and MMB removed? Please bring it back as it is completely different than F&I and the two shouldnt clutter each other up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could always just post MMB questions in the German forum. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

majesty2009 04-11-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It can be reseparated. If the admins see a lot of MMB traffic in BFI or if someone awesome wanted to sponsor it for some reason, I'm sure they'd be happy to.

I'd like to see it its own forum again too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The admins can see a lot of people want it. Why do we have to prove ourselves. WTF is this. Loyal users have stressed that they hate this why do we have to do anything.

BradleyT 04-11-2007 11:01 PM

Why would they see a lot of MMB posts in F&I now? It's hard as hell to wade through the posts to find MMB posts now.

Tien 04-11-2007 11:24 PM

Instead of whiping it out completely like it will be wiped out right now, the powers to be can simply take measures to improve MMB instead of destroy it.

elus2 04-11-2007 11:29 PM

Mebenhoe/Evan/Other Mods:

Is there any significant dialog happening with this subject in the mod only forum?

If the decision is made will you guys be able to give us some a time line for when the separation would occur?

Does 2p2 management recognize the value that the old MMB provided to their customers?

What will it take to get the forum back?

NajdorfDefense 04-12-2007 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe it's being merged with finacing and investing to create business, finacing, and investing. Sniper noted this once before (he was against the merge if I remember correctly).

[/ QUOTE ]

For god's sake DO NOT MERGE the two forums. We're struggling to make the investing forum worthwhile, as it is we have too many n00bs going 'durrr, should I pay $1200 for this software and put all my money into one stock?'

majesty2009 04-12-2007 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For god's sake DO NOT MERGE the two forums. We're struggling to make the investing forum worthwhile, as it is we have too many n00bs going 'durrr, should I pay $1200 for this software and put all my money into one stock?'

[/ QUOTE ]

And while you are trying to figure out how to get the extra 2% return on you investments someone from our forum is trying to build the next multi-million dollar mega site. Why they have always treated us like a bunch of bozos in MM&B. They have no respect for the good work we are putting in and the important discussion that goes on. I miss the forum so much why must they keep stomping it out.

Evan 04-12-2007 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And while you are trying to figure out how to get the extra 2% return on you investments someone from our forum is trying to build the next multi-million dollar mega site. Why they have always treated us like a bunch of bozos in MM&B. They have no respect for the good work we are putting in and the important discussion that goes on. I miss the forum so much why must they keep stomping it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Majesty, posts like this make it hard to take you seriously.

majesty2009 04-12-2007 10:50 AM

Do you not believe that someone from MM&B has what it takes to make a site like that? I believe someone from their hits it big in the next year or so.

Evan 04-12-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you not believe that someone from MM&B has what it takes to make a site like that? I believe someone from their hits it big in the next year or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't necessarily think no one "has what it takes" to make a very popular website. You post was laughable because it was just so self-indulgent. Also, as much as you might think that people are trying to make "the next big [whatever]" most people can't stop talking about making a new blog with a new adsense trick. That's not going to be the next big anything.

I don't know that there's any way to really put a firm set of guidelines on it, but I would definitely bet that no one from this forum "hits it big" in the next year.

majesty2009 04-12-2007 06:08 PM

Why would you say, "I don't know that there's any way to really put a firm set of guidelines on it, but I would definitely bet that no one from this forum "hits it big" in the next year."

What makes you believe that? I dont know where you are comming from. This is exactly what im talking about, we need a mod that knows wtf is going on. You have no idea how important adsense is.

Evan 04-12-2007 06:23 PM

I say that because very few websites (or anything) "hit it big" by definition. Why would it be more likely than not that one of a small group of people, most of whom chose to compete in a fairly mature market, would "hit it big"?

I wouldn't even bet that any given well established, successful entrepreneur hits it big in the next year. It is inherently a low percentage outcome.

If you don't like me that's fine, but to suggest that I "don't understand how important adsense is" is just hilarious.

majesty2009 04-12-2007 06:30 PM

I do like you and I was glad to see you come on and help mod the MM&B forum, but when you put us down, that pisses me off. Everyone keeps making the comment that all we do is talk about silly adsense tricks. That is BS and I know it because I have come so far learning from people from that forum. People like Josh K and Nato and many others.

majesty2009 04-12-2007 06:32 PM

Also I know you went threw a lot of hassle to get us to be able to post links again and I realy appreciate that. I realy do not have a problem with you I just dont understand some of your comments.

As far as locking my thread I still disagree with the decision, but thats no big deal and I understand why you did it. I am not angry about that and I hope you are not too angry at me for reposting.

DonkeyKongSr 04-12-2007 11:59 PM

I've taken a look in the new forum the past couple days. That new forum is [censored] weird. It's like two different conversations are going on at one time. But one is being drowned out by the other. It's going to kill a lot of the MMB threads and probably annoy the investing guys.

majesty2009 04-13-2007 12:22 AM

I know its not just us that you have to think about, im sure that the investing people are not going to be interested in our topics.

elus2 04-13-2007 12:23 AM

Evan can you answer any of the questions I posed above?

Valium 04-13-2007 02:05 AM

Evan was a horrible choice as mod of MMB. He is a finance guy. He would make a fine mod for Finance, but from his statements in this thread it is painfully obvious he understands very little about internet marketing or entrepreneurship.

MMB was a gold mine for networking and getting valuable information.

Entrepreneurship is much like poker. The people at the bottom tend to annoy the people at the top with their silly questions. Thats how it works. MMB was a bit like High Stakes NL, Mid Stakes NL and Small/Micro Stakes all mixed in the same forum. Thats ok though. It was a great, great forum.

[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely bet that no one from this forum "hits it big" in the next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what your definition of Hit It Big is but I make at least $20,000 per month more right now as a result of that forum.

I know others have had similar success.

tuq 04-13-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what your definition of Hit It Big is but I make at least $20,000 per month more right now as a result of that forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, that's it? No wonder they closed the forum, I've got at least that much under my couch cushions.

Valium 04-13-2007 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, that's it? No wonder they closed the forum, I've got at least that much under my couch cushions.

[/ QUOTE ]

per month

tuq 04-13-2007 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

per month

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. I have these baggy baller pants and hundos fall out of them all the time and get stuck under the couch cushion. This happens roughly 200 times per month.

Bobo Fett 04-13-2007 02:32 AM

Degen returns?

Evan 04-13-2007 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is there any significant dialog happening with this subject in the mod only forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at the moment. They were just merged like 3 days ago.

[ QUOTE ]
If the decision is made will you guys be able to give us some a time line for when the separation would occur?

[/ QUOTE ]
If the decision is made, sure. Right now, no.

[ QUOTE ]
Does 2p2 management recognize the value that the old MMB provided to their customers?

[/ QUOTE ]
You'll have to ask Mat or one of the other admins that. I was opposed to the merger but the decision was made before I was made mod and there were bigger issues going on with the upgrade/downgrade/possible reupgrade

[ QUOTE ]
What will it take to get the forum back?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know. Maybe make enough quality threads in the merged for to make it clear it would function better as a stand alone forum? I know you guys think I'm a raging lunatic for not thinking the old MMB forum was a goldmine, but obviously my opinion is not that lonely. I wanted to be mod because I thought the forum could be improved. I made that very clear to Mat when we were talking about it. That's great if you like what the forum was, but that doesn't mean there's not a whole lot of unrealized potential.

Evan 04-13-2007 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan was a horrible choice as mod of MMB. He is a finance guy. He would make a fine mod for Finance, but from his statements in this thread it is painfully obvious he understands very little about internet marketing or entrepreneurship.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you're expecting me to fight for your approval or something. I don't have much interest in arguing this with you, especially since I have a feeling you're not going to last long around here.

[ QUOTE ]
MMB was a gold mine for networking and getting valuable information.

[/ QUOTE ]
MMB was the third best entrepreneurship forum I read. out of 3.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely bet that no one from this forum "hits it big" in the next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know others have had similar success.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While that's great and $240,000/year is a lot of money, no I would not consider that hitting it big. Are you serious?

majesty2009 04-13-2007 04:32 AM

That also doesnt mean that instead of growing it you are [censored] it up.

Valium 04-13-2007 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

MMB was the third best entrepreneurship forum I read. out of 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel so poorly about the forum, why did you want to moderate it? It seems very obvious to me that the real reason was because you wanted to mod finance, and now thats what you do.

As I said, you would be a great mod for that forum. You clearly know your stuff when it comes to stocks and markets etc etc. Though many disagree with you on the quality of MMB and it seems to me that their voice should mean something.

It wasn't a top notch forum...yet. It was certainly headed that way though, with the more experienced marketers finally coming out of their shell's and revealing information.

I'd be happy to mod the forum if they bring it back [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Might even be interested in sponsoring it if I get to run the banners.

Evan 04-13-2007 07:12 AM

Degan,

[ QUOTE ]
]why did you want to moderate it? It seems very obvious to me that the real reason was because you wanted to mod finance, and now thats what you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I wanted to be mod because I thought the forum could be improved." I don't know how many more times I can say that I was opposed to the forums being merged. If you just don't want to believe that then I'm not sure what to say. How about some screen shots of me saying that int he mod forum, would that make you happy?

[ QUOTE ]
Though many disagree with you on the quality of MMB and it seems to me that their voice should mean something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, okay. What do you want it to mean? No one's stopping anyone from saying what they think, certainly not me. It's not really up to me what those people's voices mean.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be happy to mod the forum if they bring it back

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say the chances of this are strong to quite strong.

RedJoker 04-13-2007 10:04 AM

I was against the forum merge for all the reasons already stated. However I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge and reading an MMB style thread every so often. Hopefully I will learn a thing or two and broaden my horizons.