Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Best way to build up max tolerance to alcohol? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374976)

Bucnutz19 04-10-2007 08:36 AM

Best way to build up max tolerance to alcohol?

Whats the best way to do this? Ease your way into it would be my guess. I have thought maybe increasing a little bit every week or so. Thoughts pls.

Klompy 04-10-2007 08:39 AM

Re: Best way to build up max tolerance to alcohol?

Why would you want to do this? I wish I could decrease mine.

Best way to do it would be to drink as often and as much as possible without puking. Eventualy you'll be able to drink a ton, but like I said earlier I don't know why this is a goal?

Rushmore 04-10-2007 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the best way to do this? Ease your way into it would be my guess. I have thought maybe increasing a little bit every week or so. Thoughts pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought is that you'd be better off asking how to build a small nuclear device in your basement.

As an aside, does anyone know what I can do to heighten my attraction for Haitian tranny prostitutes?

imitation 04-10-2007 08:43 AM

cocaine while your drink.

TheDudeAbides 04-10-2007 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cocaine while your drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or shrooms

Swiitch 04-10-2007 09:53 AM

Gain 400 lbs

Quanah Parker 04-10-2007 10:09 AM

Just the person I hope doesn't end up next to me at the bar:
Coked up, shrooming, extremely fat and extremely drunk guy.

GrandMelon 04-10-2007 10:14 AM

become irish

ElDuque 04-10-2007 10:15 AM

You really need to start a thread to figure this one out?

RoundGuy 04-10-2007 10:19 AM

I can drink a fifth of whiskey in about 6 hours and not pass out. Walking is a bit difficult, but managable.

Answer: Years and years of practice
Advice: Not advisable

Lazy Meatball 04-10-2007 10:19 AM

Drink until you puke, then drink a little more. When you wake up hungover, a little hair of the dog will get you started on the right path. Be careful not to give yourself alcohol poisoning in the process.

fuzzwonder 04-10-2007 10:25 AM

drink as much as you can without dying. if you die, you are doing it wrong.

GambleGamble 04-10-2007 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just the person I hope doesn't end up next to me at the bar:
Coked up, shrooming, extremely fat and extremely drunk guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I unfortunately have been this guy before...

...ah the good ole days

theweatherman 04-10-2007 12:03 PM

drink a lot?

Alobar 04-10-2007 12:09 PM

Ah the 20 year old college drinker. I remember those days, where your worth as a person was related to how much liquor you could hold, and 78% of all your conversations with people involved how much you drank last night. Good times!

OP, I know you won't believe this, but several years from now you'll be excited when you can get a buzz after a beer, and drunk after 3.

jthegreat 04-10-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, I know you won't believe this, but several years from now you'll be excited when you can get a buzz after a beer, and drunk after 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Getting drunk for cheap rules.

lippy 04-10-2007 12:38 PM

I don't understand why you'd want to build up a tolerance. It costs more and is a lot of work.

There were times when I was drinking nearly everyday and had to drink a copious amount of alcohol, relative to my size, to get drunk. It was a struggle and rather annoying and costly.

If you drink, you're tolerance goes up. Don't embrace it.

kibble420 04-10-2007 12:56 PM

Why all the hate for OP? There is nothing like drinking a 12 pack, getting a light buzz, and pissing all night.

networkman 04-10-2007 01:06 PM

http://www.simdot.org/smsblog/images/urine-1.jpg

neuroman 04-10-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you'd want to build up a tolerance. It costs more and is a lot of work.

[/ QUOTE ]
The benefits of having a tolerance are that you have a finer control over how drunk you get. If I want to, I can go to a party, have five beers, catch a small buzz, and still be legal to drive home.

Also, if you get girls to go drink-for-drink with you, you win.

h_ven 04-10-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
still be illegal to drive home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Klompy 04-10-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The benefits of having a tolerance are that you have a finer control over how drunk you get. If I want to, I can go to a party, have five beers, catch a small buzz, and still be legal to drive home.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a benifit to having a tolerance. Someone your same size could drink those same beers and be big time buzzed and still be legal to drive home if they have a small tolerance.

Falc 04-10-2007 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is for another thread but getting a buzz, no matter how small, and then driving home is extremely stupid and I hope you don't do it.

Matt Williams 04-10-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I want to, I can go to a party, have five beers, catch a small buzz, and still be legal to drive home.

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny part is that you actually believe building a tolerance has a relation w/ being under the legal limit. It's idiots like you that drink 10 beers and wonder why they got a DWI when they had a "small buzz".

MasterLJ 04-10-2007 02:09 PM

Drink more, drink every day, gain muscle mass, put on weight.

One day you will be Toga Party King.

NT! 04-10-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if you get girls to go drink-for-drink with you, you win.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

testaaja 04-10-2007 02:56 PM

By drinking. Just be careful, you don't want to get addicted too much.
You can pretty much laugh at your friends when they roll in mud using this technique.

nath 04-10-2007 02:57 PM

If you suck on an exhaust pipe for a while, pretty soon it's like you're drunk all the time!

Rootabager 04-10-2007 03:00 PM

Start eating a ton so you get fat as hell. Fat ppl can drink the most. Then drink till you get hammered. Then when you feel like you cant drink anymore do some blow. repeat.

neuroman 04-10-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Five beers, two hours, 180#, 0.06. Legal in fifty states.

http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

[ QUOTE ]

The funny part is that you actually believe building a tolerance has a relation w/ being under the legal limit. It's idiots like you that drink 10 beers and wonder why they got a DWI when they had a "small buzz".

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually you're right. That was a faulty correlation. I should have said you have a finer control over how drunk you feel, not how drunk you get.

neuroman 04-10-2007 03:17 PM

Or was it a faulty correlation after all? Frequent alcohol consumption can apparently increase metabolic function of the liver.

from the NIH
[ QUOTE ]
Metabolic Tolerance

Tolerance that results from a more rapid elimination of alcohol from the body is called metabolic tolerance (2). It is associated with a specific group of liver enzymes that metabolize alcohol and that are activated after chronic drinking (21,22). Enzyme activation increases alcohol degradation and reduces the time during which alcohol is active in the body (2), thereby reducing the duration of alcohol's intoxicating effects.

[/ QUOTE ]

from the BAC calculator site linked:
[ QUOTE ]
Important Note: There is no blood alcohol calculator that is 100% accurate because of the number of factors that come into play regarding the consumption and reduction (burnoff) rates of different people. Factors include the sex (male/female) of the drinker, differing metabolism rates, various health issues and the combination of medications that might be taken, drinking frequency, amount of food in the stomach and small intestine and when it was eaten, elapsed time, and others. The best that can be done is a rough estimation of the BAC level based on known inputs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, drinking and driving is some stupid [censored] and I'm not advocating it. That said, there is such a thing as socially responsible drinking.

TheDudeAbides 04-10-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Five beers, two hours, 180#, 0.06. Legal in fifty states.

http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually you're right. That was a faulty correlation. I should have said you have a finer control over how drunk you feel, not how drunk you get.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's good for when you drive drunk that you don't feel too drunk? That'll be some consolation for the other cars you hit.

tagtastic 04-10-2007 03:44 PM

Best way to increase alcohol tolerance is to drink some everyday. It doesn't have to be a ton, but if say you normally drink a bunch on the weekends and none in between and you change to drinking a couple beers every night, you'll notice a difference in a week or two.

I'd say "don't do this, the result is not as cool as you'd think" or "you're asking to be an alcoholic" or whatever but since you made this thread in the first place you obv don't want to hear this, and it probably won't matter what some random guy tells you on the internet anyways.