Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Linkin Park new single and new style (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372731)

hanster 04-05-2007 05:35 AM

Linkin Park new single and new style

MV here: http://www.virb.com/linkin
park/videos/6151

Discuss

snagglepuss 04-05-2007 05:49 AM

Re: Linkin Park new single and new style

always have sucked, always will.

ZBTHorton 04-05-2007 06:11 AM

I really liked it.

I wish they would let Chester rip loose during the chorus and really scream though.

billyjex 04-05-2007 06:31 AM

I wasn't sure if I liked it or not at first but I'm digging it.

And I agree w/ ZBT about Chester.

hanster 04-05-2007 07:10 AM

just keep listening to it and you'll grow on it. It's been on repeat for about 2 hours and i'm falling for their new sound.

ditto to ZBT. Chester needs to let loose

ZBTHorton 04-05-2007 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just keep listening to it and you'll grow on it. It's been on repeat for about 2 hours and i'm falling for their new sound.

ditto to ZBT. Chester needs to let loose

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime they come out with a new album it's a new sound. It all ends up sounding close to the same.

ZBTHorton 04-05-2007 07:19 AM

FWIW. Several of their other new songs are out there if you know where to look(mostly live versions except one) And they don't sound like this song really.

XXXNoahXXX 04-05-2007 07:28 AM

Thoughts on the video?

I think Chester does a very good Bono impersonation in the video, overall I like it.

I love LP, so I was both excited and scared at the prospect of them branching off from the rap/rock genre.

ZBT,

I have got a bunch of new songs, but they recorded 100 and only 12 made the final CD, so all of the ones out their are not on the CD. Some aren't even LP, just mislabeled.

I think its funny that on the Fort Minor CD, Shinoda talks about how the label wanted him to "stop rapping and just play the keys" or something but "his band had his back so they did the track". With this first single, you can't even tell he's in it unless you watch the video. Also, wondering how Mr. Hahn plays into the whole new rock direction.

This is based off assuming that only the released single is legit and the rest I've heard might not be. Songs like QWERTY and whatnot are new, but not on this CD, so I don't know how it will all pan out.

Between this and The Used CD coming out in May, I'm pretty excited.

Here is their new single, "The Bird and the Worm"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Lb_xs51F0

Jeff311420 04-05-2007 07:33 AM

Older is always better when dealing in fad rock, especially after the fad has faded. $3 bill is still a great album, chocolate Starfish is not. Same applies.

ZBTHorton 04-05-2007 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on the video?

I think Chester does a very good Bono impersonation in the video, overall I like it.

I love LP, so I was both excited and scared at the prospect of them branching off from the rap/rock genre.

ZBT,

I have got a bunch of new songs, but they recorded 100 and only 12 made the final CD, so all of the ones out their are not on the CD. Some aren't even LP, just mislabeled.

I think its funny that on the Fort Minor CD, Shinoda talks about how the label wanted him to "stop rapping and just play the keys" or something but "his band had his back so they did the track". With this first single, you can't even tell he's in it unless you watch the video. Also, wondering how Mr. Hahn plays into the whole new rock direction.

This is based off assuming that only the released single is legit and the rest I've heard might not be. Songs like QWERTY and whatnot are new, but not on this CD, so I don't know how it will all pan out.

Between this and The Used CD coming out in May, I'm pretty excited.

Here is their new single, "The Bird and the Worm"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Lb_xs51F0

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Qwerty was on the new CD, I'm obviously a little behind.

And yeah, I thought the same thing, I find it odd they would "release" a song that basically doesn't contain two band members.

I'm sure the CD will have 5-6 rockish songs, a couple of the old style rap-rock songs, and a couple of hardcore songs.

blinden84 04-05-2007 07:54 AM

they are like an Emo version of rage against the machine! awesomely what the world needs!

XXXNoahXXX 04-05-2007 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they are like an Emo version of rage against the machine! awesomely what the world needs!

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No

2. Go back to the Indie lovefest thread.

3. I'm sorry that the music doesn't require a dictionary, involve the sounds of Moroccan slide whistles, or involve some Nordic band wearing ties with a "The" name. Sometimes music is just enjoyable and entertaining to listen to without having to be on the cusp of some miraculous musical revolution.

hanster 04-05-2007 08:40 AM

As much as I hate UF I have to agree with xxxnoahxxx. lol
It is funny now that you made the connection. I think he played a bigger part in producing this album though. Didn't he produce it alongside of Rick Rubin? He also has too much projects going on along with MachineShop.

ZBT,
I tried to download bunch of songs "by LP" but a lot of them don't even sound like them at all. You can find the official tracklist on wiki. However, I don't really see how this is going to sound like Hybrid Theory and Meteora if this is the sound they're going after.

blinden84 04-05-2007 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No

2. Go back to the Indie lovefest thread.

3. I'm sorry that the music doesn't require a dictionary, involve the sounds of Moroccan slide whistles, or involve some Nordic band wearing ties with a "The" name. Sometimes music is just enjoyable and entertaining to listen to without having to be on the cusp of some miraculous musical revolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow dude, you are way too EMOItionally attached to this song/video/band to be offering any type of subjective opinion.

MafiaPrince 04-05-2007 09:46 AM

link doesnt work for me... what is the single called?

ZBTHorton 04-05-2007 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The link is all there, just paste the second line at the end of the first line.

AIM Convo from a friend of mine as he listens to the song:

Him: Real slow, sounds like a U2 song
Me: It speeds up
Him: Yeah, this isn't bad. They're holding Chester back big time
Me: That's what I said
Him: Wait, why is Shinoda singing nananana in the background? WTF is this? That's what they're doing in all the emo music.
Me: Heh. Yeah.
Him: Well. It's okay I guess. I hope this isn't the best song from the CD though, and it's certainly not the most marketable.

RiverFenix 04-05-2007 11:10 AM

Meh

NT! 04-05-2007 11:52 AM

linkin park blows goats

XXXNoahXXX 04-05-2007 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I've Done.

Just search for it on youtube. you'll have to sort by date added since WB is taking them off pretty quick since theyd prefer you buy it for $1.99 on itunes.

brandofo 04-05-2007 12:11 PM

I liked the video, but the song was meh. And I enjoy most of the stuff LP has done in the past.

XXXNoahXXX 04-05-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked the video, but the song was meh. And I enjoy most of the stuff LP has done in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough for me, because I'm glad that they are trying to change and progress, but I also don't want them to leave behind the style I've enjoyed for the past few years.

Part of me thinks, don't change, you have a certain style that I dig, nothing is better to blast in the car on the highway or in the gym. If I want a different style, I'll check out someone else, you just stay the same. But I know they want to try and change and grow as artists. Too bad that everyone has already made up their mind. Even if they came out with a really solid purely rock album, people would still hate even if they would have liked the CD had it come from some unknown.

Wish they put out a double album. 1 CD of Meteora/Hybrid Theory Version 2.0 and 1 CD of new and different stuff.

Five-Star 04-05-2007 12:22 PM

It may take a few times for me to really like the song like i do their other songs. I'm sure I'll warm up to it. I'm thrilled that they are releasing a new album. I was worried they had disbanded (yes intentional).

blinden84 04-05-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough for me, because I'm glad that they are trying to change and progress, but I also don't want them to leave behind the style I've enjoyed for the past few years.

Part of me thinks, don't change, you have a certain style that I dig, nothing is better to blast in the car on the highway or in the gym. If I want a different style, I'll check out someone else, you just stay the same. But I know they want to try and change and grow as artists. Too bad that everyone has already made up their mind. Even if they came out with a really solid purely rock album, people would still hate even if they would have liked the CD had it come from some unknown.

Wish they put out a double album. 1 CD of Meteora/Hybrid Theory Version 2.0 and 1 CD of new and different stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fanboi much? You are taking people's disinterest in this way to personally.

You know, some people might actually not like this music? No matter who put it out, shockingly enough.

XXXNoahXXX 04-05-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fanboi much? You are taking people's disinterest in this way to personally.

You know, some people might actually not like this music? No matter who put it out, shockingly enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm what are you even talking about?

Of course there are plenty of people that don't like them (old stuff, new stuff, whatever). It's not like I think less of someone for not liking them, I couldn't care less.

I was saying there are going to be some people that have already made up their mind about linkin park based on previous releases and even if they change their sound completely, those people won't give it a chance. take some critically acclaimed album, like something from the White Stripes or something, and pretend that it was LP who put that out as their new CD. There would be some people that love it now as a White Stripes CD, but if the exact same thing was done by LP, they'd hate on it.

i am expressing the fact that i am looking forward to the CD because i like their music. I don't find it insightful, I don't find it to be very complicated or intricate, but its fun music that gets me pumped up.

Alobar 04-05-2007 12:43 PM

meh, I actually like linkin park but this song didnt really do anything for me. The video kinda sucked too

KLJ 04-05-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, I actually like linkin park but this song didnt really do anything for me. The video kinda sucked too

[/ QUOTE ]

in what sense?

it seemed like the video matched the tone/message of the song very well, and i thoroughly enjoyed it

BradleyT 04-05-2007 06:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgycukafqQ

Shouldn't get taken down.

Hendricks433 04-05-2007 06:57 PM

I like the song and think the video fits it but I was hoping for more of a Linkin Park sound. like Numb
Im suprised chester and shinoda or ok with getting held back. Shinoda doesnt even do anything.

ZBTHorton 05-14-2007 04:43 PM

BUMP!

I'm listening to the new album right now. I think it is really really bad, and very mellow in comparison to anything I've ever heard from them.

They said they were going to make a "rock" album, this feels like an emo album.

I'm really hoping that this is not the real thing, and tomorrow when I download it from ITunes it sounds a lot different...but I don't think that is the case.

ZBTHorton 05-14-2007 04:47 PM

Also, for those who have the album already.

When listening to Track 5, "Shadow of the Day". Does it sound like they are about to break into the theme song from "The OC" about 10 times?

siccjay 05-14-2007 04:54 PM

I DLed it and listened to it twice. It is way worse than anything they have ever done. I can't remember one song I thought was pretty good.

Vyse 05-14-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Between this and The Used CD coming out in May

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW go kill yourself plz kthx

soko 05-14-2007 05:03 PM

I wasn't impressed very much with the video. Perhaps because I already have already given the issues presented enough thought that seeing all of them flashing to the sound of rock music doesn't really do much for me.

Nez477 05-14-2007 05:06 PM

meh, I'm starting to think I should cancel my preorder... my gift cards could maybe be used better elsewhere

ZBTHorton 05-14-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't impressed very much with the video. Perhaps because I already have already given the issues presented enough thought that seeing all of them flashing to the sound of rock music doesn't really do much for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The song What I've Done is hardcore death metal, in comparison to 5-6 others songs on the album.

I said earlier I didn't think What I've Done is a very marketable song, but after hearing the CD..it's quite obvious why they chose that one to release.

tercet 05-14-2007 05:40 PM

Their is a few good songs from the new album. But most of the songs sound absolutely nothing like the old linkin park stuff.

I don't see how they can drastically change their sound like they did in this album.

Hopefully in the future they can release something similar to their older work and not this.

Here's a link to one of the decent songs imo, Bleed it out recently played at SNL - http://youtube.com/watch?v=vwm14eH7LpI

Hopefully slipknots next album in 6 months or so wont sound like this..

ThaSaltCracka 05-14-2007 11:12 PM

holy [censored], this song is [censored] lame. Who the hell OK'ed this album? More rock? Yeah, it is, which is why it sucks compared to your other stuff, which was a perfect hybrid of rock, rap, and metal. THis is just pathetic. Shinoda, you [censored] bitch. The Rising Tide was dope and you look like a [censored] sell out right now. [censored] THIS [censored].

Nez477 05-15-2007 12:28 PM

I liked two songs. Maybe 3.

Overall, seriously WTF happened?

PoppinFresh 05-15-2007 01:42 PM

Yeah this album pretty much blows, very disappointing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

recondite7 05-18-2007 05:52 PM

This album is horrible by Linkin Park standards. The band needs to go listen to Hybrid Theory or even Meteora a few times and see why they were popular to begin with. I cannot believe this crap took so long to be released.

Very Dissapointed.