Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Request for Politics Mods (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372385)

LinusKS 04-04-2007 07:51 PM

Request for Politics Mods

If you don't like how I post in Politics, could you please just say, "Stop posting in Politics," instead of locking me out of all of 2+2?

I'm not going to post differently just to make RR happy - especially since I have no clue how to do that in the first place - but I do have interests in other forums that have absolutely nothing to do with the silliness of "Politics."

Thx.

[censored] 04-04-2007 07:59 PM

Re: Request for Politics Mods

stop posting in politics

edfurlong 04-04-2007 08:29 PM

THE PEOPLES MOD!

jman220 04-04-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't like how I post in Politics, could you please just say, "Stop posting in Politics," instead of locking me out of all of 2+2?

I'm not going to post differently just to make RR happy - especially since I have no clue how to do that in the first place - but I do have interests in other forums that have absolutely nothing to do with the silliness of "Politics."

Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were given a one day suspension for:

[ QUOTE ]
"They shoulda shown a video of those marines raping that Iraqi girl while shooting her family to death. That woulda been pretty cool."

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to stop posting in politics if you can't stay away from posting comments like that.

Regards,
--jman220

GrandmaStabone 04-04-2007 09:30 PM

He got a ONE DAY SUSPENSION for that!!?? WTF is going on over there?

jman220 04-04-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was using it sarcastically, so it seems worse than it is out of context, but yeah, he definitely deserved that suspension, we don't tolerate posts that are designed to be nothing but confrontational and that don't further discussion in any meaningful way.

Suigin406 04-05-2007 08:53 AM

wow, what is going on over in politics...can't u people play nice...ever??

AlexM 04-05-2007 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, what is going on over in politics...can't u people play nice...ever??

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of us do. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

TomCollins 04-05-2007 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stop posting in politics

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] rules.

pvn 04-05-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He would have gotten more, but he trolls mod-unfriendly ACers, so he gets favorable treatment. Obv. AMIRITE??

natedogg 04-05-2007 11:39 PM

The politics mods are possibly as bad as anywhere on any forum on the net. They get an F.

natedogg

Hopey 04-06-2007 12:16 AM

I'm curious as to why the "Child Molesters and Animal Abusers in AC Land" thread was locked. I was actually enjoying reading it, which is a rare treat in the Politics forum when it comes to AC-related threads.

Borodog 04-06-2007 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to why the "Child Molesters and Animal Abusers in AC Land" thread was locked. I was actually enjoying reading it, which is a rare treat in the Politics forum when it comes to AC-related threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that Skidoo had pretty much turned it into a one-liner trollfest. I'm not sure why the "AC = economic totalitarianism" thread got locked; it seemed civil for the most part.

RR 04-06-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that Skidoo had pretty much turned it into a one-liner trollfest. I'm not sure why the "AC = economic totalitarianism" thread got locked; it seemed civil for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are both open again. The poster that was making it difficult to read won't be posting for a while. I locked them for a bit so I could get up to speed on the messages I had been sent about them.

ShakeZula06 04-06-2007 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The poster that was making it difficult to read won't be posting for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://susancyrus.typepad.com/theway...s/hurray_1.jpg

Phil153 04-06-2007 01:56 AM

Where's the outrage at the overmodding, Mr. Zula?

For the record, I agree with skidoo's time out - but I also agreed with all the others.

ShakeZula06 04-06-2007 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where's the outrage at the overmodding, Mr. Zula?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't consider it overmodding. I thought locking the threads was a bad idea, and glad that they opted to unlock them and actually banned the offending poster.
[ QUOTE ]
For the record, I agree with skidoo's time out - but I also agreed with all the others.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you know of all the bannings and agree with all of them, well I don't know what else to say. There was a lot of ridiculous bannings. But let's not turn this into another bash the polimods thread.

pvn 04-06-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who? And how long is "a while"?

I didn't really notice a problem.

If bannings are not going to be made public, then mods shouldn't hint about them, even here. If they are public, then all of the info should be posted as the bannings occur, possibly in a sticky in the forum.

RR 04-06-2007 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If bannings are not going to be made public, then mods shouldn't hint about them,

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I shouldn't have mentioned it. Most of the offending posts are gone.

pvn 04-06-2007 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If bannings are not going to be made public, then mods shouldn't hint about them,

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I shouldn't have mentioned it. Most of the offending posts are gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! Now in the future, others will be free to rediscover the same transgressions. Good show, boys.

"You'll know you've crossed the line when we shoot you in the head."

Hopey 04-06-2007 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://susancyrus.typepad.com/theway...s/hurray_1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I was happy at first, too...until I saw that he's back posting as Sharkey.

RoundGuy 04-06-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"You'll know you've crossed the line when we shoot you in the head."

[/ QUOTE ]
Classic.

pvn 04-06-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no. Those are two totally different people. Really.

Felix_Nietzsche 04-06-2007 01:14 PM

Just Call the Game Consistently

Those of you who are basketball fans know there can be a lot of subjectivity in reffing a game. Sometimes refs call the game tight and sometimes they take a handsoff approach. It is up to the players/coaches to see how the game is being reffed and adjust your game to how it is being called.

The following post was made in the politcs forum:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post9863403
NT! Uses the term "polltarding" to describe dumb polls....

To me this post/poll is meaningless baiting...aka trolling.
But....evidently this post has evidently been judged to pass the high standards of the politics forum.
OK...cool. I just ask the mods to ref the game CONSISTENTLY should a non-liberal choose to make a similar post...

My perception is liberal mods are quicker to drop the hammer on conservative partisan posts and less likely to drop the hammer on liberal partisan posts. The libertarian/conservative mods generally seem to have more of a live-and-let-live modding style. The result is conservatives are more likely to get warned/banned/suspended than liberal posters...

Dan. 04-06-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no. Those are two totally different people. Really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, trolling him about this is really lame. Either show some proof or get over it.

RR 04-06-2007 01:24 PM

Re: Just Call the Game Consistently

[ QUOTE ]
To me this post/poll is meaningless baiting...aka trolling.
But....evidently this post has evidently been judged to pass the high standards of the politics forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Just by the time I read it there had been replies that dismissed it for what it was so there was no need to moderate because the forum seemed to take care of it on it's own. If he makes the same poll again today that is a different matter.

Felix_Nietzsche 04-06-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. Just by the time I read it there had been replies that dismissed it for what it was so there was no need to moderate because the forum seemed to take care of it on it's own. If he makes the same poll again today that is a different matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
As long as the modding is consistent for both conservatives and liberals....then I will be a happy camper. About a month ago a conservative partisan was banned from the politics forum for making less inflammatory posts. Hence my request that conservative partisans not be singled out.

NT! 04-06-2007 01:31 PM

i don't know if i would call RR or [censored] a liberal

Felix_Nietzsche 04-06-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know if i would call RR or [censored] a liberal

[/ QUOTE ]
I have NEVER called him a liberal. I think political forum mods span several different political positions.
If I remember correctly, I think RR has more of a libertarian bent.