Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Tough Hold 'em Games Update (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369236)

Mason Malmuth 04-01-2007 07:06 AM

Tough Hold \'em Games Update

Hi Everyone:

It's 4:00 am Sunday morning and I've just returned from the printer with the first box of Winning in Tough Hold 'em Games; Short-Handed and High-Stakes Concepts and Theory for Limit Hold 'em by Nick "Stoxtrader" Grudzien and Geoff "Zobags" Herzog. This means that our printer should deliver books to us on Monday and Tuesday, and once we get them we'll start working on fulfilling all orders that we currently have.

Best wishes,
Mason

Adman 04-01-2007 08:17 AM

Re: Tough Hold \'em Games Update

Thanks Mason, I am just so excited about this book. I've got a feeling it's gonna be the best one since SSHE. Can't wait.

Packard 04-01-2007 10:27 AM

This book will be great! Thanks Mason

imported_Chuck Weinstock 04-01-2007 10:57 AM

If you pre-ordered by from ConJelCo by last Wednesday, your order has been processed for shipment early this week. If you ordered after last Wednesday it should still ship this week.

(If there was a problem processing your order you've been notified.)

Chuck

JasonP530 04-01-2007 01:53 PM

when will BN and borders have it in their stores?

-Jason

agoldenbear 04-01-2007 05:51 PM

i second this question. i asked it on the last Tough Hold em post and received no response, so how 'bout it mason?

Mason Malmuth 04-02-2007 12:43 AM

Hi jason:

We'll be shipping to Borders on either Tuesday or Wednesday (and we have lots of orders from them). It usually takes about a week after we ship for the book to begin appearing in their stores.

B&N is a little slower. They don't like to order until after they see a book. So my guess with them is about a month.

We will also be shipping to Amazon immediately, and to many of our other buyers as well. So it should get out there fairly quickly.

Best wishes,
Mason

vegasplyr 04-02-2007 02:23 AM

hey mason when is it going to be available at the gamblers book club.thnx

Newtown 04-02-2007 07:58 AM

Hi Mason,

Does that include Amazon.ca? Thanks

Mason Malmuth 04-02-2007 06:59 PM

Hi Everyone:

The first batch of books have now been deleivered to our offices. So we should start shipping out tomorrow (Tuesday).

Best wishes,
Mason

phydaux 04-02-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, for some of those Vegas stores Mason hand delivers the first ~20 copies.

Cactus Jack 04-02-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, for some of those Vegas stores Mason hand delivers the first ~20 copies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm signed up for the 21st? I went by the Gambler's Book Shop and they had none. (at noon) Maybe by tomorrow, I was told.

smbruin22 04-03-2007 11:36 AM

does this book address playing against maniacs, LAG's and action junkies? anywhere from 1-4 at the table.

i know those aren't "tough" games, but i'd like to know the optimal/efficient way to play them.

the book's promotional material seems to make reference to the loose players becoming more aggressive. so to me, that suggests it's addressed.

thanks for any response!

melfil 04-03-2007 11:46 AM

If i order here at 2+2 how long will it take before i get the book i live in Sweden?

Is there a other place to order then 2+2 if i want it as fast as possible?

zooey 04-03-2007 12:28 PM

Amazon delivery est: 5/4/07 ?

FWIW, I got an email from Amazon today changing the estimated delivery of my preordered copy to May 5 instead of April 5. I'm sure it's no big deal, they just didn't have it in by 4/1 so it was an automatic update.

But we all have to do our part in writing a trivial post or two once in a while.

Looking forward to it, trying to finish Mathematics of Poker before it gets here!

best,

zooey

Mason Malmuth 04-03-2007 01:47 PM

Re: Amazon delivery est: 5/4/07 ?

We should be shipping to Amazon today. Once they get books their delivery date should change.

Best wishes,
Mason

fatsally 04-03-2007 02:48 PM

I just got an update today from amazon that it won't ship from there until mid may.

JackCase 04-03-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got an update today from amazon that it won't ship from there until mid may.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazon shipping estimates are totally meaningless. You can get a notice like that one day and a notice that it was shipped the next day.

The only thing that you can believe from them is that if they say it is in stock, it is, and if they say it is not in stock, it is not and they don't have a clue when it will be.

seemorenuts 04-03-2007 06:41 PM

Thanks for the updates re amazon. BTW, this is what it looks like at their site:

Order Placed: March 21, 2007
Delayed items--your approval required

Items Ordered Approve
Winning in Tough Hold 'em Games: Short-Handed and High-Stakes Concepts and Theory for Limit Hold 'em, Nick "Stoxtrader" Grudzien (Author), Geoff "Zobags" Herzog (Author)

Updated Shipping Estimate: May 2, 2007 - May 16, 2007
Updated Delivery Estimate: May 4, 2007 - May 21, 2007
Your approval required by: May 3, 2007

stoxtrader 04-03-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does this book address playing against maniacs, LAG's and action junkies? anywhere from 1-4 at the table.

i know those aren't "tough" games, but i'd like to know the optimal/efficient way to play them.

the book's promotional material seems to make reference to the loose players becoming more aggressive. so to me, that suggests it's addressed.

thanks for any response!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is covered, but it is not the focus of the book. There is one section about isolating that is pertinent and then there are other parts throughout the book that refer to hand ranges and LAGs would be on an extreme end. Both pre-flop ranges and post-flop ranges for certain actions...

smbruin22 04-03-2007 08:28 PM

stox, thanks for the reply... sounds good, i think hand ranges are what's needed out there.

melfil 04-04-2007 08:07 AM

Anyone know how long it will take before i get the book to Sweden if i order from 2+2 or conjelco and is there an option so you can pay more but they deliver faster?

Howard Burroughs 04-04-2007 10:38 AM

FWIW. The GBC does have copies now. They got them (from Mason himself, I would think) yesterday.

Their hours (Vegas) are 9-5 and closed on Sundays. Thanks Mason for the Vegas tradition!

Best Wishes

Howard

Professionalpoker 04-04-2007 03:28 PM

We started shipping them yesterday. Some Vegas customers should get theirs today.

Professionalpoker 04-04-2007 03:35 PM

Airmail to Europe has been running 4-14 business days. The slower part of the range is due to customs delays. I believe you can select fed-ex or Postal service when ordering from 2+2. Fed-Ex is a bit faster but more expensive and more likely to get taxed. We ship via Global Priority mail and it has been arriving within the 4-14 day range.
Mike

chicagoY 04-04-2007 08:03 PM

professionalpoker.com said they shipped mine today

deadcat3x 04-05-2007 06:28 AM

cant wait for this book sounds awesome

Lestat 04-05-2007 10:38 AM

Your printer is open at 4:00AM on Sunday morning?!

*TT* 04-05-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your printer is open at 4:00AM on Sunday morning?!

[/ QUOTE ]

His printer is open 24 hours but thats not relevent to the thread.

All - I am 1/8th of the way into the book now, and its incredibly detailed analysis - very vital to many a player's advancement. At the same time its a tedious read with lots of very detailed charts, not something you breeze through. Nick and Geoff don't have Ed Mileler's flair or Mason's ability to capture your attention - but the book is filled with more detail than anything else ever released by 2+2. The only downside I see so far is that the authors make the assumption that you are advanced and understand what concepts such as meta game are without explanation, there is little spoonfeeding. This is not a concern for me or most long time 2+2'ers who spend a lot of time in the strat forums, but it might be for some readers - including some high limit players who have never spent the time in this online community to advance their game, instead relying only on 2+2 books.

Lestat 04-05-2007 03:32 PM

I can't wait to read it. I hope whoever said Amazon doesn't know what's going on, knew what he was talking about. Amazon says mine won't be delivered until sometime in May. I hope that's wrong!

Mason Malmuth 04-05-2007 05:39 PM

Hi Lestat:

We have now shipped books to Amazon. Once they get them, they'll change their delivery dates. So you should see books from Amazon far earlier than May.

Best wishes,
Mason

PokerHorse 04-05-2007 11:42 PM

Re: This book is strong

Have read roughly a third, and jumped around a bit, as we all do. First, this book is loaded with info.
For me ,after playing 9 handed 15-30 ring games for years and now playing 6maxx 5-10, it is a gift, as i have been essentially reading what i can off the forums etc to try and
get a grip on correct play. I immediatley went to the blind play sections, as this is where im the weakest. i believe the info is quite solid, and realistic, and while i want to thank Stox for writing it, now that I have my copy, Im selfishly hoping it doesnt get too widely read, I think this book surpasses any ed miller title and is probably more in line with the hoh books. good job stox and 2plus 2.

JJay1231 04-06-2007 12:27 AM

Re: This book is strong

I know you havent read the whole book yet, but would you say that the info in the book can be useful to lower limit 6 handed games online?

googleit123 04-06-2007 12:48 AM

Just recieved the book in the mail today. Lots of good solid up to date information. I think I owe you a beer or two!

fraac 04-06-2007 02:24 AM

JJay: D&B Publishing have a couple of limit holdem books coming out soon, including one for shorthanded games.

JJay1231 04-06-2007 02:38 AM

yeah I know I have them in my wishlist on amazon. Im waiting for this one to get shipped but just want to know if the information in this book can be useful to lower limit shorthanded games where the oppostion is far less skilled than the games that are higher/ tougher. A lot of advanced concepts just dont seem to work in these LLHE games. (not that they are really needed) but there is not enough literature on shorthanded play at the moment, so thats why Im keen to get my hands on this book.

and going by amazons past record who knows when I will get my hands on it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. It takes what seems like an eternity to ship over here.

PokerHorse 04-06-2007 09:21 AM

In my opinion absolutely. When i first got online and started playing the 6maxx games I played 2-4. At 2-4 and 3-6 you will find tough games (very aggressive with lots of re-raising) as well as very passive games. In some ways its more difficult because there can be such a difference from game to game imo. At 5-10 where im at now, I would still consider low limit although there are certainly more sharp players. This book will help you at every level, except maybe the micros where probably most games are a shootout.
hope this helps

chicagoY 04-06-2007 02:59 PM

just got mine today. Propoker is FAST!

Mano 04-06-2007 03:00 PM

Just checked my Amazon order, and it said
"Delivery estimate: April 11, 2007 - April 13, 2007".

Langerz 04-06-2007 05:58 PM

Anybody know how long it takes a book like this to show up on online poker sites frequent player stores?

I'm looking forward to the book, but I'm only a hobby player, I'm cheap and I have tons of points on stars and FT to use so I'm curious.