Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Sharkscope (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369039)

Ray_bob 03-31-2007 11:23 PM

Sharkscope

hey guys i only just found out about sharkscope. do you guys pay a subscripition. also how often do you use it. any information would be appreciated about it.

Kevin8423 03-31-2007 11:27 PM

Re: Sharkscope

Some people do and some people don't, personally I do not pay but occasionally I'll look someone up with my 5 searches.

There are far more important tools to invest in first if you currently have nothing.

Mingdu 04-01-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are far more important tools to invest in first if you currently have nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

potamophobia 04-01-2007 12:58 AM

Can you make some suggestions? I am also interested in this topic.

ArtMonkRules 04-01-2007 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you make some suggestions? I am also interested in this topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one is PokerTracker! Sharkscope stats can be interesting to check out every now and then, but they don't tell you [censored] about how a guy plays. You need PT and PokerAce HUD.

Jago 04-01-2007 01:09 AM

If you're a new sng player then most of the board would suggest SNGPT

Kevin8423 04-01-2007 01:32 AM

I think Pokertracker and PAHud are the most important things you can have.

-Keep track of your own playing
-Updating stats overlay the table to get info on players
-Displaying showdown after hands so you dont have to look at the hand history (best thing ever created)

I think this along with 2+2 is more beneficial to a newer player than SNGPT or other things, I think those are more useful to somewhat more developed players with a decent knowledge of STTs built by play and 2+2.

fluorescenthippo 04-01-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Pokertracker and PAHud are the most important things you can have.

-Keep track of your own playing
-Updating stats overlay the table to get info on players
-Displaying showdown after hands so you dont have to look at the hand history (best thing ever created)

I think this along with 2+2 is more beneficial to a newer player than SNGPT or other things, I think those are more useful to somewhat more developed players with a decent knowledge of STTs built by play and 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. dude honestly i could not disagree more. i should really stop teaching the fish. but honestly snpgt is the best thing ive ever bought. to quote curtains, its worth tens of thousands of dollars

Kevin8423 04-01-2007 02:17 AM

My point is that a new player will have a hell of a time trying to make anything out of SNGPT, not that it isn't an amazing tool. Without a certain level of knowledge of STTs I don't think you can really use it, could be wrong though.

fluorescenthippo 04-01-2007 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My point is that a new player will have a hell of a time trying to make anything out of SNGPT, not that it isn't an amazing tool. Without a certain level of knowledge of STTs I don't think you can really use it, could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, but if they cant understand sngpt, they cant understand PHUD

Kevin8423 04-01-2007 02:28 AM

Lol very true, I didn't think of that.

I think I'll just say invest in all of the above cause its all very helpful, but for a very new player more experience and 2+2 are very important.

FeNeF 04-01-2007 02:30 AM

For SNGs, PT+PAHUD is not necessary at all. It's an additional luxury. SNGPT is absolutely vital.

I don't see how this is a legimate point of discussion, it's not even close.

NU Star 04-01-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For SNGs, PT+PAHUD is not necessary at all. It's an additional luxury. SNGPT is absolutely vital.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find PT and AceHud very helpful...I'm not going to know that a guy is 60/30 when multitabling unless I can see it right there.

DiCkO 04-01-2007 04:40 AM

What is SNGPT? Obviously not hte same as PT.

I have PT and GT+ but I havn't got round to working out how to use it for SNGs. I assume from reading this thread that I should get on to it as a priority.

HoRRoR 04-01-2007 06:08 AM

i use spadeicm and i find it's more easy to use for beginners due to graphical interface

but yes indeed, some icm software is absolutly necessary

kozip 04-01-2007 09:53 AM

an icm software does not tell you, who´s the dead money at your table. spotting 40%vpip players in the early level is far more important (at low buyins) then any ICM software.

theblitz 04-24-2007 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
an icm software does not tell you, who´s the dead money at your table. spotting 40%vpip players in the early level is far more important (at low buyins) then any ICM software.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am also new to SNGs and have started ok.

I use PT and PAHud. In fact, I was one of the first guys to use it.

How does it work for SNGs? Surely the VPIP varies as the blinds go up. Do the stats adjust themselves to only show the current blind level?

About SNGPT - how do you use it? Checking borderline decisions after the matter? Whilst playing?

Also, anyone use ICM Toolkit or SitNGo Wizard?

Foldem78 04-24-2007 08:50 PM

If early game all you did was play premium hands (QQ+, AK+) and limped pocket pairs (22+)..you wouldn't be losing out on as much value as if you didn't know when to push in middle/late stages of an sng..

SNGPT>HUD..

HUD probably more important in higher buy-ins..but, that is assuming you have pushbot strategies down to a science...

I'm pretty sure this is right; and I don't know much.

GotQuads 04-24-2007 08:58 PM

I have a sharkscope subscription, I find it very useful. I bought SNGPT and checked out other tools like SNG Wizard, they look all extremely powerful. Don't know which one of them is currently the best? Anyone using both SNGPT and SNG Wizard regularly?

vers 04-24-2007 10:35 PM

I had sharkscope for a month and used it to search tournies between 25-$100 and only 2 tabled ones with high fish ratings. That worked out pretty well, but I used it in combination with PT and Pokerace. Both programs are essential for sngs. There are soo many good spots in late game sngs that you'd normally miss like say someone with a vpip of 30+ limps EP. I shove with soo maany hands and pick up the dead money and rarely risk getting called. SNGPT is also critical for bubble play and knowing how to exploit it.

theblitz 04-25-2007 03:48 AM

You use SNGPT "live" or only "after the fact"?

Also, since the amount of hands you should be playing changes form level to level does the VPIP give a real assessment of the players' strengths?

wetnets 04-25-2007 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I use PAHUD for the $3.40's it helps distinguish between the tight players and the megadonks. I feel the players who dont know how to play poker will call much wider than the ones that do (but generally dont understand endgame.) I was suprised to hear that some of the best players don't even use it though. How the hell do they gauge ranges when 20 tabling ? :s

I would probably buy SNGPT first though. Also I find Bubble Trainer a lot of help, maybe worth a months subscription to this when starting?

I like looking at the graphs and stuff on sharkscope, it helped me gain a better understanding of the game as a whole, what sort of players im generally up against etc. It taught me a lot about online poker.