Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Negreanu has to lighten up about American Idol. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366594)

Vetstadium 03-28-2007 07:55 PM

Negreanu has to lighten up about American Idol.

That's why we live in America if people want to vote for him more power to them. Here is Daniel complaining about it.
http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journa...&ucat=&

domer2 03-28-2007 07:57 PM

Re: Negreanu has to lighten up about American Idol.

The fact that he wrote that much about American Idol speaks volumes

wizardplow 03-28-2007 08:06 PM

It's nice to see that hes not the only one that uses The George Bush W. Neo-Con logic. Voting for Sanjaya= Sponsoring terrorism. You hit the nail right on the head, Daniel. Lighten up.

JPT III 03-28-2007 08:28 PM

"American Idol Terrorists" LOL!! This guy should get back on his medication. Fast.

Haunted Ghost 03-28-2007 08:33 PM

Vote for Danny!

JPT III 03-28-2007 08:40 PM

LOL again at his ability to quantify the relative IQ's of the remaining contestants. Spectacular!

TimTimSalabim 03-28-2007 09:06 PM

I don't understand why Negreanu or anyone is so upset about Sanjaya still being there. If anyone sabotaged the show, it's the judges. They put him in the top 24.

soflat 03-28-2007 09:43 PM

I'm sick of Negreanu and his backhanded terrorism. If I like Sanjaya (and I do) then I am going to vote for him (just as soon as Haley and Gina are gone).

JustPlayingSmart 03-28-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A guy like Sundance for example, who clearly had potential and a big voice was dispatched while Sanjaya remained.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sundance was the VFTW guy until he was eliminated. Then, they switched to Sanjaya. Clearly, DN has done no actual research on the VFTW phenomenon, and is just going off the news or David Letterman or whatever. If you read the VFTW mail, it sounds a lot like this blog entry.

All this talk about them ruining the show does make me wonder how much real influence VFTW has, at least before they had Stern's support. They couldn't get Sundance or Antonella into the top 12. Sundance clearly had a huge initial fan base, and Antonella was the hottest girl left, which should have provided a good number of votes for each. Yet Haley, Brandon, and a couple others outlasted these guys, even though they also bring nothing to the competition.

revots33 03-28-2007 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Terrorists don't want you to be happy. They don't want you to enjoy things and if they can find a way to destroy something you enjoy, they'll try.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if voting for Sanjaya makes me happy?

TimTimSalabim 03-28-2007 11:48 PM

The good singers are so bland and boring this season that it's up to the bad singers to provide the real entertainment. And Sanjaya delivers better than any of them. I mean, a fauxhawk for God's sake! (and honorable mention for Haley's hot pants).

SumZero 03-29-2007 04:56 AM

I'm so sick of people like VFTW and Albert Belle who are like the terrorists and trying to take away our freedoms.

luckyjimm 03-29-2007 09:48 AM

The US and A should bomb & invade Vftwistan!

iamastud 03-29-2007 10:38 AM

Sanjaya won;t make it to the final 2 and probably not the final 4, but compared to the other 4 or 5 remaining, he realy does have almost the same talent as them,the remining, except for lakesh, melinda, jordon and blake. he is entertaining and has a good heart. he deserves to be there. he will eventualy go in about three weeks.

but hoinestly, he can sing better than haley and has a better personality and is more fun to watch than all of the other guys, except for maybe, blake.

Daniel, maybe you need to have a drinkl before the show and relax a little.

smbruin22 03-29-2007 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The good singers are so bland and boring this season that it's up to the bad singers to provide the real entertainment. And Sanjaya delivers better than any of them. I mean, a fauxhawk for God's sake! (and honorable mention for Haley's hot pants).

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.... ex: sanjaya, i have no interest in watching any other contestants. i did like to see brandon and antonella but they're gone.....

i think the EACH of the top 7 from last year (T, Cat, elliott, daughtry, pickler, ace, bucky) are far more interesting than this year's crop, save for sanjaya...

sanjaya provides entertainment. maybe unintentional comedy to some, but i think entertainment to everyone (even the haters)

Dominic 03-29-2007 01:04 PM

Frankly, it's not all that much different from what terrorists are trying to accomplish. They want to take your liberties and your freedom away from you. They've accomplished a lot, and anyone who's ever been to an airport since 9/11 should understand that.

Terrorists don't want you to be happy. They don't want you to enjoy things and if they can find a way to destroy something you enjoy, they'll try.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

smbruin22 03-29-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, it's not all that much different from what terrorists are trying to accomplish. They want to take your liberties and your freedom away from you. They've accomplished a lot, and anyone who's ever been to an airport since 9/11 should understand that.

sounds like the government [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

private joker 03-29-2007 03:33 PM

I think you guys are taking NEGREANU too seriously. It's like you read the first part and not his qualification, where he admits he's exaggerating to make a point:

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously making a comparison between American Idol and terrorism seems absurd, and it is, but it helps illustrate my point. If enough hateful people thought this prank was a good idea and ended up backing the winner, it would destroy the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just drawing a parallel which is -- BY DESIGN -- outrageous... so that you pay attention to Daniel's point, which is merely that a mass of people can disrupt a fair process due to vengeful motives.

I disagree with him, but he's allowed to draw that "absurd" parallel without being labeled a nutjob.

revots33 03-29-2007 06:21 PM

I'd say he needs to work on his analogies then. Using terrorism and a cheesy reality-tv show in the same breath is silly.

Besides his entire premise is that people voting for Sanjaya want to "ruin" it for everyone else, which is not true. A lot of people are voting for him because they find him enjoyable/entertaining/funny/cute/etc. This is a show where you vote for who you want to see again on tv the next week. Lots of people evidently want to see Sanjaya, so lighten up and enjoy the cheesiness DN.

patstap 03-30-2007 02:54 AM

The fact is, Idol starts each season with several talentless poor souls and displays them for America to laugh at.

Why do they show us the early audition tapes of the people who can't carry a tune or keep a beat?

The cruel critiques by Simon are the reason many people tune in.

The show itself is mean spirited. It's silly to get upset when other mean spirited people try to ruin the show by voting for Sanjaya.

There are people who watch for the beautiful girls blessed with great voices.

There are people who watch to see Simon skewer the no-talents.

And there are people who watch for the trains wrecks, like William Hung and Sanjaya.

The fact that I've never watched a single minute of "American Idol", and all I know about the show is what I've seen and heard through other media, proves they must be doing something right.

private joker 03-30-2007 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never watched a single minute of "American Idol"

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're in the right place!

patstap 03-30-2007 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then you're in the right place!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....I saw DN's blog and figured there would be some comments about it here.

GoRedBirds 03-30-2007 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact is, Idol starts each season with several talentless poor souls and displays them for America to laugh at.

Why do they show us the early audition tapes of the people who can't carry a tune or keep a beat?

The cruel critiques by Simon are the reason many people tune in.

The show itself is mean spirited. It's silly to get upset when other mean spirited people try to ruin the show by voting for Sanjaya.

There are people who watch for the beautiful girls blessed with great voices.

There are people who watch to see Simon skewer the no-talents.

And there are people who watch for the trains wrecks, like William Hung and Sanjaya.

The fact that I've never watched a single minute of "American Idol", and all I know about the show is what I've seen and heard through other media, proves they must be doing something right.

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless of watching AI or not, I agree with everything you said. Nice post.

KMRIA 03-30-2007 02:05 PM

Yeah, I got his blog from myspace, and this is what I 'commented' back to him:

Sorry, Daniel, but you're way off base on this one.

VFTW has indeed been around for several seasons. The media loves to trumpet the VFTWers every time someone they back lasts longer than some folk would like. Now that Stern is on board, it's just mushroomed again this season.

For some of us, it is simply one way to enjoy the cheesefest that is AI. No one is 'sabotaging' the show--merely voting for who they like best--no matter what the reason. This is the point of a process based on popular vote, n'est-ce pas? VFTW is not keeping Sanjaya in--his FANS are. Now, if this voting coalition of fans and VFTWers are more devoted to voting for their choice--who is anyone to say they're wrong? Sanjaya has a dream, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] He's not robbing anyone of their spot. I'm sure he'll take our support over your 'empathy' any day. You’re so mean, Daniel! And how much time did you devote to voting for your favorite so Sanjaya can’t rob him/her of the spot?

And let me add this--I think the idea that you and others have that Sanjaya should be gone already because he is the literal worst is also wrong-headed. Have you listened to these shmoes they have in the final 12 this year? I wouldn't hesitate to call this one of the weakest/most boring final 12s ever. He's as good as half of them, I'd say--just needs to work on strength, confidence, and performance style. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Again I'd put 4-6 of them in this same category. Sligh stunk up the joint, Haley is a forgettable pageant singer, etc. And if Sanjaya's that bad, why did Cowell and Co. put him through to the final 24 over the literally tens of thousands who audition for Idol each year anyway? hmmm?

Anyhoo, just a different perspective for you to consider--

peace-

mick

oh yeah, SANJAYA FOR THE WIN! <font color="purple"> </font>
I like how DN just called me and a bunch of longtime boardpals TERRORISTS!

Rootabager 04-03-2007 09:36 PM

He is Canadian, he shouldnt even vote.AMERICAN idol.

smbruin22 04-03-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't it american residents, not citizens??

Pryme72 04-04-2007 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ this ignorance.

It is his blog, his opinions. Maybe some of us in here are the ones who need to lighten up.