Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Once a cheater always a cheater......... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365943)

wacki 03-28-2007 01:43 AM

Once a cheater always a cheater.........

NLsoldier and I were having a little convo about this and I figured I should ask the masses. Any born again non-cheaters here? What made you convert? Anyone seen a cheater change his ways? What about those that cheat on most relationships but claim they are faithful to lover X. Just curious as to how often it happens and what are the telltale signs that he/she truly has converted.

I have a feeling it doesn't happen without some major trauma but I always try to keep an open mind and learn from other people.

brazilio 03-28-2007 01:45 AM

Re: Once a cheater always a cheater.........

PITTM is a cheater, he always will be a cheater and I'll never respect him ever. He'll no doubt profess he's a non-cheater but everybody knows what kind of douchebag scum he is. He's also fat.

tuq 03-28-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PITTM is a cheater, he always will be a cheater and I'll never respect him ever. He'll no doubt profess he's a non-cheater but everybody knows what kind of douchebag scum he is. He's also fat.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, I have no beef with RJ anymore and I almost never see you post but I'll never forget you as the guy that spilled the beans right out of the gate in the 'cardo/KK thread. So given relationship developments since that time I would guess you're not very popular in the RJ/KK household. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also wacki, I think your subject line is accurate, but be aware of the OOT double standard where chicks who cheat are lying whores for life, but if a guy has a clear shot to nail a broad on the side then he should go for it!

Alobar 03-28-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny, you forgot to log out of your gimmick account

tuq 03-28-2007 02:09 AM

Alobar,

Before you go on another hiatus or get banned again, please either start accepting PMs or PM or e-mail me your cell phone and/or e-mail address. Or don't, if that's what you prefer (solid option actually).

Also, I made a rare trip out to your side of town today and drove right by both Tilted Kilt and Heart Attack Grill! I didn't realize they are like two blocks from each other.

donkeylove 03-28-2007 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NLsoldier and I were having a little convo about this and I figured I should ask the masses. Any born again non-cheaters here? What made you convert? Anyone seen a cheater change his ways? What about those that cheat on most relationships but claim they are faithful to lover X. Just curious as to how often it happens and what are the telltale signs that he/she truly has converted.

I have a feeling it doesn't happen without some major trauma but I always try to keep an open mind and learn from other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a habitual cheater on girlfriends. I thought I would change once I got married,but I am embarassed to say that I didn't in the beginning. The next 5 years resulted in cancer twice and eventual divorce. Most here probably don't believe in Karma, but I must admit it felt like justice.

The pain I caused and the situation I ended up in had a profound effect on me. Nothing good ever comes from it. I am involved now and truthfully the thought never even crosses my mind. So yes I believe you can change. I do, however, consider young guys who are dating quite a different situation than a marriage. Dating isn't married, and that goes both ways.

bisonbison 03-28-2007 02:16 AM

some people make mistakes. some people do bad, realize it is bad and grow out of it. some people never see a problem with their actions beyond getting caught.

Anderson1 03-28-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, I have no beef with RJ anymore and I almost never see you post but I'll never forget you as the guy that spilled the beans right out of the gate in the 'cardo/KK thread. So given relationship developments since that time I would guess you're not very popular in the RJ/KK household. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also wacki, I think your subject line is accurate, but be aware of the OOT double standard where chicks who cheat are lying whores for life, but if a guy has a clear shot to nail a broad on the side then he should go for it!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is limited to OOT only?

obvious.

---

bison is right, yet again.

guy.incognito 03-28-2007 02:54 AM

Cheaters can conform to faithfulness, just how the faithful have already conformed. Having one partner isn't instinctive, but can be contitioned to be.

multious 03-28-2007 03:29 AM

well being 18 atm, my credo is pretty much that I only have a gf until a better one comes along.... that being said I definitely would not cheat if i was in a committed and happy relationship. I would only ever cheat with the intention of breaking up with current Sig Other and i would have to really like the girl i cheated with

tolbiny 03-28-2007 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As always, Link?

SuperUberBob 03-28-2007 03:54 AM

Not quite. I used to cheat on exams and tests in high school. I no longer do that. Of course, if there were no negative consequences to being caught cheating, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dids 03-28-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic post on many levels. Go Braz.

RayPowers 03-28-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

Before you go on another hiatus or get banned again, please either start accepting PMs or PM or e-mail me your cell phone and/or e-mail address. Or don't, if that's what you prefer (solid option actually).

Also, I made a rare trip out to your side of town today and drove right by both Tilted Kilt and Heart Attack Grill! I didn't realize they are like two blocks from each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto Alobar. Or AIM.

I had a shirt idea for you I wanted to pass on but couldn't PM you.

And to get on topic, it's been my experience that cheaters stop cheating exactly long enough to regain people's trust...

Ray

Autocratic 03-28-2007 10:53 AM

I used to cheat, and after that relationship ended I kinda did a 180 and now wouldn't think of it. I think it took one relationship ending (not because of me cheating btw) to make me realize that risking ruin in a relationship for short term pleasure is an awful trade off.

DeezNuts 03-28-2007 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PITTM, rebuttal plz. Especially to the fat comment.

Once again, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Brazilio.

DN

TheMainEvent 03-28-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some people make mistakes. some people do bad, realize it is bad and grow out of it. some people never see a problem with their actions beyond getting caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK maybe this is the utilitarian in me talking, but what's wrong with cheating other than getting caught?

I wouldn't cheat because I wouldn't want to hurt someone I was with. If there's no chance of them finding out, no one is hurt.

tuq 03-28-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As always, Link?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to link his post but Mat deleted it in the course of cleaning up that thread. It was basically extremely blunt and served nicely to expedite the trainwreck.

guids 03-28-2007 01:46 PM

Ive never cheated on anyone. If I like someone else enough to tell them that we are exclusive, there would be no way for me to justify it.

kipin 03-28-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PITTM, rebuttal plz. Especially to the fat comment.

Once again, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Brazilio.

DN

[/ QUOTE ]

PITTM is exiled from OOT!

Nick B. 03-28-2007 01:48 PM

Since PITTM can't respond, no bashing him.

kipin 03-28-2007 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since PITTM can't respond, no bashing him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, he's a cheater, he'll probably just post and prove it for all to see!

guids 03-28-2007 01:56 PM

Can someone give me a rundown of why RJ is a cheater?

kipin 03-28-2007 02:01 PM

PM grannymae, I'm sure he'd be glad to oblige.

KittyKat 03-28-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same?

KittyKat 03-28-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for RJ, but I think Braz is funny. He's so over the top it's hilarious. It kinda confuses me when people get offended by him. It'd be like Brandi calling you crazy, and you going home and crying all nite.

skunkworks 03-28-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same?

[/ QUOTE ]
He totally had sex with Anacardo but denied it vehemently, until one day when an OOT trainwreck...

traz 03-28-2007 03:16 PM

Often cheating occurs because of a poor decision to be in the relationship in the first place.

So I don't necessarily think there are "born again non-cheaters", but eventually those cheaters make a good decision and find a relationship where they are happy enough not to cheat.

brazilio 03-28-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for RJ, but I think Braz is funny. He's so over the top it's hilarious. It kinda confuses me when people get offended by him. It'd be like Brandi calling you crazy, and you going home and crying all nite.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a pastime/profession filled with almost entirely men who have too much money and not enough social skills, you manage in succession to bone an antisocial nerdlinger who can barely manage to breathe and walk and a douchebag chickenshit who can't even own up to owing people money. gg

Johnny Hughes 03-28-2007 04:12 PM

I cheated and I lied.

She suffered and she cried.

She started a new life.

As someone else's wife.

Big mistake for me.

Years of lonely misery.

By-Tor 03-28-2007 04:15 PM

I have never cheated and do not believe that I ever would.

Having been cheated on, I believe that "once a cheater, always a cheater" is 100% true.

Someone that has cheated in the past, "has it in them" and while they may not be currently cheating, when the opportunity comes in the future, they will have to decide if to cheat or not, where as the non-cheater has no decision to make.

The decision itself is a form of cheating when you really think about it.

tuq 03-28-2007 04:16 PM

KK,

Revised opinion of Braz after that last post? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Alobar 03-28-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KK,

Revised opinion of Braz after that last post? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The funniest part is that they are both spot on

MaxWeiss 03-28-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never cheated and do not believe that I ever would.

Having been cheated on, I believe that "once a cheater, always a cheater" is 99.9% true.

Someone that has cheated in the past, "has it in them" and while they may not be currently cheating, when the opportunity comes in the future, they will have to decide if to cheat or not, where as the non-cheater has no decision to make.

The decision itself is a form of cheating when you really think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except that I think it is possible to reform from it. VERY unlikely though. For the most part, cheaters cheat, even if the really like the person they're with; it's what they do. People obey their nature.

kyleb 03-28-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a pastime/profession filled with almost entirely men who have too much money and not enough social skills, you manage in succession to bone an antisocial nerdlinger who can barely manage to breathe and walk and a douchebag chickenshit who can't even own up to owing people money. gg

[/ QUOTE ]

brazilio
a sensitive man with complex feelings

Indeed.

xwillience 03-28-2007 05:10 PM

link? this has quality written all over it.

as far as cheaters... meh, who cares. if they cheat, they cheat. its not the end of the world on either account. ive been cheated on, and cheated, in that order. the only thing i regret is what it did to the other person. would i do it again, hmmmm, its not like i actively seek out sex with other people when i am in a relationship, but if the situation came up. I would have to answer with a definite, "im not sure."

call me a scumbag or a douche or whatever. the fact of the matter is that you can talk high and mighty but when your in the spot sometimes things get away from you. ftr, i was sober at the time.

Dids 03-28-2007 05:58 PM

Jesus Braz owns this thread so hard.

RJ's posted his cheating story in EDF if people care. Pretty mundane collusion when he first started playing.

Peter Harris 03-28-2007 06:03 PM

did in NY once when our relationship was at nadir, has now bounced back w/o partner's knowledge and will remain that way.

Intend not to poke around now relationship is good rather than destructive.

KittyKat 03-28-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KK,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I hurt his feelings [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

samjjones 03-28-2007 11:12 PM

fluffpop - Feel free to look me up, baby.