Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Affiliates/RakeBack (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Ultimate Bet rake calculation update (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365480)

Red Lion 03-27-2007 03:40 PM

Ultimate Bet rake calculation update

Attention All Affiliates!

As of April 1st, UltimateBet is changing their rake to the Average Contributed Method. This method puts UltimateBet in line with industry standard.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your Affiliate Manager!

The UltimateBet Team

Red Lion 03-27-2007 04:02 PM

Re: Ultimate Bet rake calculation update

No wonder super affiliates like PokerNews and PListings stopped promoting them.

Suigin406 03-27-2007 04:09 PM

are

u

kidding

me

??

Suigin406 03-27-2007 04:10 PM

goodbye UB, it was nice playing at your site...

Al_Money 03-27-2007 05:09 PM

ughhh

Reliant444 03-27-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goodbye UB, it was nice playing at your site...

[/ QUOTE ]

oracle3001 03-27-2007 07:07 PM

I take it that average contributed rake is worse than what is currently in place. What is currently in place?

Red Lion 03-27-2007 07:20 PM

UB currently uses the dealt method.

oracle3001 03-27-2007 07:29 PM

I am in right in thinking that this means the following,

Dealt -> every hand your dealt, you get a 1/6th or 1/10th of the total rake taken in that hand.

Contributed -> you get the % of the rake you actually contributed towards the pot.

Is contributed far worse than dealt? I am a fairly active player in short handed games, surely that means I am putting a lot of money in and so this is better for me?

KurtSF 03-27-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This method puts UltimateBet in line with industry standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess every other pokerroom but UB and AP are just non-standard.

Red Lion 03-27-2007 07:41 PM

Yea. Party and Full Tilt are just a bunch of weirdos.

RakeTheRake 03-27-2007 10:14 PM

Actually with average contributed, as long as you contribute to the pot (any amount) you get an equal share of the rake allocated to you.

This will be different from the method currently used at Absolute which is weighted contributed

Kind regards

RakeTheRake

AnthonyH 03-28-2007 06:33 AM

So what does this mean? Will your average 22/18/3 2+2'er take a hit in MGR because of this?

Suigin406 03-28-2007 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what does this mean? Will your average 22/18/3 2+2'er take a hit in MGR because of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, ur only going to be taking in rake for hands in which u invest money into the pot (blinds count??), so tags are going to feel this hit much more than lags...aiy...

Ron-Mexico 03-28-2007 09:20 AM

Someone answer this....

If the sites take out the SAME amount of rake for each hand, why do they switch from Dealt to Contributed? Is it because the affiliates get less? Is that the only reason?

All things being equal, usually max $3.00 is taken out of the pot..

Palomino 03-28-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone answer this....

If the sites take out the SAME amount of rake for each hand, why do they switch from Dealt to Contributed? Is it because the affiliates get less? Is that the only reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, the people that would be getting more RB from the contributed method are the 70 VPIP people since they contribute to a lot more of the rake. However, the majority (if not all) of these people don't know about rakeback, therefore the sites don't pay out as much RB.

Stake Monster 03-28-2007 10:51 AM

Time to loosen up!

Suigin406 03-28-2007 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Time to loosen up!

[/ QUOTE ]

jeez, i run 24/17...and i try to be loose...aawww...

gila 03-28-2007 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Time to loosen up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or time to go back to WSEX.

Stake Monster 03-28-2007 11:38 AM

wouldn't the rake be very close to how it was before because for each pot you play you'd get a bigger share?

ie. before everyone got .20c per hand dealt, but if you play a pot your % of the rake will be usually much bigger (up to 60-80% bigger?)

TheJokerIsWild 03-28-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone answer this....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, without a doubt the sites do this because they know it will reduce the MGR that their affiliates get credit for, reducing the commission that they pay the affiliates, which of course reduces the amount of rakeback we all get.

I'm not surpirsed at all by this annoucenment given the fact that AP now owns UB. So now for us US players, we're pretty much down to Full Tilt for sites that allow us to play and give us dealt method for rakeback. The only problem with FT is that they deduct anything and everything from your MGR.

I guess that leaves us screwed...or playing with the other rocks at WSEX.

Palomino 03-28-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't the rake be very close to how it was before because for each pot you play you'd get a bigger share?

ie. before everyone got .20c per hand dealt, but if you play a pot your % of the rake will be usually much bigger (up to 60-80% bigger?)

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense, but when AP went to contributed we all took about a 40% hit. Of course, AP is weighted contributed, so maybe that is where the difference is. Hopefully this won't be so bad.

Also, if you fold your BB, do you still get MGR for the hand? I hope so...

Stake Monster 03-28-2007 04:21 PM

I guess we'll see. I moved to UB because of their rakeback (now reduced)and bonuses (now reduced as well). I would be really pissed if i was a US player because they are taking an even bigger hit than others.

Beastmaster 03-28-2007 04:27 PM

i didn't see this coming....

Palomino 03-28-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't see this coming....

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Bobo Fett 03-28-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess we'll see. I moved to UB because of their rakeback (now reduced)and bonuses (now reduced as well). I would be really pissed if i was a US player because they are taking an even bigger hit than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonuses reduced? Do you just mean size and/or frequency, or have they changed the clearing terms?

OnlinePro 03-28-2007 05:44 PM

Poker is getting worse by the minute.

Bobo Fett 03-28-2007 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is getting worse by the minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always a ray of sunsine on a cloudy day in the world of online poker, aren't you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, when are you changing your name?

Stake Monster 03-28-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonuses reduced? Do you just mean size and/or frequency, or have they changed the clearing terms?

[/ QUOTE ]

the deposit bonus went from 650 max to 350 a few weeks ago.

Bobo Fett 03-28-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes...I was hoping that's what you were alluding too, and not some other changes. Since AP changed their clearance terms a couple of months back, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop over at UB. Glad to hear it hasn't yet.

grouchie 03-29-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't they also deduct more of your bonus from your MGR than they used to?

Bobo Fett 03-29-2007 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't they also deduct more of your bonus from your MGR than they used to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're American, AFAIK.

Push_Fold 03-29-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is getting worse by the second.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feroc 04-02-2007 08:07 AM

I will just wait and see how the rakeback changes. Maybe I start to cry in a month. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

teddyFBI 04-02-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone answer this....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, without a doubt the sites do this because they know it will reduce the MGR that their affiliates get credit for, reducing the commission that they pay the affiliates, which of course reduces the amount of rakeback we all get.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't get it -- why does it reduce the MGR that their affiliates get credit for?? This would only be true if the looser players were less likely to be tracked to an affiliate. Is that the explanation?

In other words, the only way this will let the poker sites keep more money in their own pockets is if the percentage of individuals contributing the most to the rake (e.g. looser, prob fishier players) that are tracked to MGR-affiliates is LOWER than the percentage of tighter players that are so-tracked.
I guess this is probably true.
So is my reasoning more or less correct?

Palomino 04-02-2007 04:43 PM

That's pretty much it. the loose/passive fish don't know about rakeback.

rounder00 04-02-2007 08:38 PM

ok guys, what if i already have names on all these sites such as acsolute,ub,and fulltilt, can i still get rakeback?

Suigin406 04-02-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok guys, what if i already have names on all these sites such as acsolute,ub,and fulltilt, can i still get rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

for UB, u can have up to 3 accounts, so u'll need to create a new one...for absolute, not on that site specifically, but if u wait 90 days, u can sign up with RB on one of their skins (seems vegas is getting attention)...full tilt, u can't do anything about ur situation there...

rounder00 04-02-2007 10:11 PM

ok thank you

RakeTracker.com 04-03-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty much it. the loose/passive fish don't know about rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they are still likely to be tagged to an affiliate. From what I have seen, a lot of players sign up to a poker room via a link of some sort, which, unless directly purchased by UB, are most likely affiliates of some kind. I don't know how many of these affiliates earn MGR, vs CPA, but my guess is that quite a bit are MGR.