Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Public apology to DAC- His account has been cleared. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361566)

WSEX GM 03-22-2007 01:46 PM

Public apology to DAC- His account has been cleared.

DAC,

WSEX apologizes.

I apologize.

Your account is now open. Your withdrawal is already on its way to you. You are welcome to continue playing or withdraw the balance.

I admit we have made some mistakes here and we are sorry. Some of the tools you were using did yield a false positive. We will be clarifying our terms and conditions in the very near future to make sure there are no misunderstandings moving forward.

Although I don't respond to every post, I do appreciate everyone's input and ideas in this matter and I will take them into consideration.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

Edit/MH: To add link to original thread.

707782 03-22-2007 01:49 PM

Re: Public apology to DAC- His account has been cleared.

Are you really sure, GM?

Still, nobody wants to play DAC in the future anyway.

So DAC, just ban yourself, you cheater.

cardman 03-22-2007 02:04 PM

I give props to WSEX and WPEX for handling the situation so fast. Now if only they could detect bots and cheating earlier on instead of at withdrawal. Plus make it clear what software is not allowed. But hey, good customer service WPEX.

cardman 03-22-2007 02:07 PM

I'm a sports guy myself. WSEX has a really good reputation in that arena. I'm hoping with some improvements, WPEX will also find the same success in poker.

8675309 03-22-2007 02:07 PM

If DAC was using a bot do you think he would send you that program?

questions 03-22-2007 02:10 PM

Excellent. I'm glad this worked out for everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good that you are going to finetune your T&C's, and extended a public apology, too.

RunDownHouse 03-22-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If DAC was using a bot do you think he would send you that program?

[/ QUOTE ]
Would it matter if one of the programs he did send them was responsible for setting off a false positive?

cardman 03-22-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If DAC was using a bot do you think he would send WPEX that program?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. I don't know how WPEX determines whether someone uses a prohibited bot or not. Ask them how they investigate these things. If the guy was using a bot, then WPEX should ban his ass early on. Don't think some players are going to want play DAC now anyway.

KurtSF 03-22-2007 02:13 PM

Great job, Fred.

You attention and presence is extraordinary. Thank you for all the hard work.

If I may make a suggestion, making a list of "banned" programs and aids will be tough since they will always be changing, renamed, or just new. Instead, make a list of "allowed" programs and aids (Poker Tracker) and say everything else is play at your risk, and let people check with you if they have questions. Just $0.02.

If/when WPEX grows beyond the point where you can personally handle issues like this, I hope there is some way you "institutionalize" the kind of support you provide. Its unparalleled.

jfk 03-22-2007 02:19 PM

Very well handled, by both WPX and DAC.

BuddyQ 03-22-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We will be clarifying our terms and conditions in the very near future to make sure there are no misunderstandings moving forward. Fred Balfour General Manager WSEX.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks GM. I admire your professionalism. No site is perfect, but a public apology and a promise to clear up the situation, and your rapid response and willingness to listen to our concerns are well beyond what the typical poker room might have done here. Best regards for Wsex - now lets get the site traffic up!

Ban Dright 03-22-2007 02:23 PM

Nice work. glad it worked out

cardcounter0 03-22-2007 02:30 PM

Quick and fair response. I will be opening an account at WSEX soon.

707782 03-22-2007 02:37 PM

Open an account guys so that all the pros can play together.

The4Aces 03-22-2007 02:38 PM

seriously WSEX is trash. Just look at the way they handled this. sure the end result is good but saying crap like "I haven't heard you deny using a bot" is pure armature hour.

Fred you suck at being a GM even though you got this one right.

TheScientist 03-22-2007 02:38 PM

I'm glad to see DACs name has been cleared.

For all those who say you wont play vs DAC in the future...get over it. He was unequivocally not a bot. For all those that didn't understand the process, the GM loaded up the hotkey script that DAC was using and it gave their bot detectors a false positive.

Kudos WSEX GM on a job...done. Also, as an unintended (but good) side effect, you've scared away any potential botters from setting up shop.

PokerBob 03-22-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Open an account guys so that all the pros can play together.

[/ QUOTE ]

go play with matches.

jafeather 03-22-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very well handled, by both WPX and DAC.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

DMoogle 03-22-2007 02:51 PM

Hahahaha, compare this to all the problems PokerRoom has had and they way THEY handled bad situations.

BuddyQ 03-22-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously WSEX is trash. Just look at the way they handled this. sure the end result is good but saying crap like "I haven't heard you deny using a bot" is pure armature hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the GM was being honest in the heat of a contentious situation, wherein incidentally, he was being accused of being a thief. Breath of fresh air to me the way Wsex responds to us players. And you gatta love the big 'f u' to the Frists of the world.

Spartan73 03-22-2007 02:54 PM

DAC, congrats on getting youre name cleared. In terms of WPEX, I dont think they should be getting congrats for their handling of the situation.

Sure they messed up and they admitted it but they were way too quick of accusing him as a cheater and saying that was that until DAC protested further.

justscott 03-22-2007 02:57 PM

The GM was acting like a child taunting DAC to deny using a bot. Sorry I think this was handled very poorly. How many other accounts have they seized?

cardcounter0 03-22-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DAC, congrats on getting youre name cleared. In terms of WPEX, I dont think they should be getting congrats for their handling of the situation.

Sure they messed up and they admitted it but they were way too quick of accusing him as a cheater and saying that was that until DAC protested further.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Hahahahahaha. Imagine how FTP would have handled this situation.

metsandfinsfan 03-22-2007 03:05 PM

http://enterthelaughter.com/insert-foot-in-mouth.png

Yeah that's my way of saying sorry for saying you were guilty a bunch of times in the other thread. You just seemed to calm about it. I know if i was wrongly accused i would have been going ballistic.

Glad to see this is resolved. Still super impressed with the speed of the resolution. And still feel good knowing that they are fighting hard at stopping bots.

ajml 03-22-2007 03:22 PM

In defense of WSEX, he tested positive, obviously they should freeze his funds while they investigate. The player never really completely denied that he was not cheating in someway.

The investigation was completed within 24 hours, the process is now probably improved, and the GM posted a public apology. This shows the site is actively trying to become a better place to play.

TylerD 03-22-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DAC,

WSEX apologizes.

I apologize.

Your account is now open. Your withdrawal is already on its way to you. You are welcome to continue playing or withdraw the balance.

I admit we have made some mistakes here and we are sorry. Some of the tools you were using did yield a false positive. We will be clarifying our terms and conditions in the very near future to make sure there are no misunderstandings moving forward.

Although I don't respond to every post, I do appreciate everyone's input and ideas in this matter and I will take them into consideration.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

Edit/MH: To add link to original thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

touch of class.

MicroBob 03-22-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the GM was being honest in the heat of a contentious situation, wherein incidentally, he was being accused of being a thief. Breath of fresh air to me the way Wsex responds to us players. And you gatta love the big 'f u' to the Frists of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't the only one who thought it was weird that he did not deny using a bot.

Miscommunication though it would appear.
WPEX tells him he is using illegal programs, and DAC thinks there's some problem with GT+ or PT or whatever and didn't seem to know he was being accused of using an actual bot.

Miscommunications happen.
WPEX seems extremely willing to learn from their mistakes and they want to get this stuff right.
They made the correction reasonably quickly...even getting back to these forums the very next day after DAC sent them the programs.

If this had been on Full Tilt how long would this have taken to get solved (consider that some people would wait 5 days or longer between e-mails of "be patient, we'll get back to you").

No, it wasn't handled perfectly.
But WPEX admitted their mistake pretty quickly.

For me and other posters, I would not have been so quick to jump on DAC if he had denied using any kind of a bot earlier.
And his willingness to accept whatever decision they made sure felt weird and almost like an admission to me. Oh well, I was wrong it would appear. Wouldn't be the first time. And do keep in mind that I said I was willing to keep an open-mind about it...and when he said he would send the programs to WPEX-GM I thought that maybe he really was on the up-and-up.

Glad he's clean and glad it all got worked out.

mattnxtc 03-22-2007 03:36 PM

I am interested to know what tools caused a false positive in terms fo being a bot...it sounds like he had pretty standard things on his computer

The4Aces 03-22-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am interested to know what tools caused a false positive in terms fo being a bot...it sounds like he had pretty standard things on his computer

[/ QUOTE ]

The tools that alert when there is a big cashout.

metsandfinsfan 03-22-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

go away troll. His sources told him it was a bot so he called the OP out on it. He was wrong and he manned up and apologized.

Again i am impressed with how Fred handled it, and i am impressed with how the OP kept his cool throught this process ... again if it was me i would have been a raging lunatic

DAC_ 03-22-2007 03:42 PM

Thanks... and I look forward to continuing to play on your site (I still can't login, though - says "Wrong User Identification").

Thanks also to the 2+2 forums for providing a forum to resolve this issue... as the GM alludes to, I'm sure Wpex will take steps soon to make sure these situations get handled better. But all is well that ends well, so I'm happy, and, like I said before, I carry no ill will.

Thanks again 2+2 and Wpex...

The4Aces 03-22-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

go away troll. His sources told him it was a bot so he called the OP out on it. He was wrong and he manned up and apologized.

Again i am impressed with how Fred handled it, and i am impressed with how the OP kept his cool throught this process ... again if it was me i would have been a raging lunatic

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you think it is BS that the only way this issue got resolved was that it was MADE PUBLIC on the forums? Then the GM comes and taunts the player for making a post. It just seemed very stupid to me for the GM to do that.

metsandfinsfan 03-22-2007 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont you think it is BS that the only way this issue got resolved was that it was MADE PUBLIC on the forums? Then the GM comes and taunts the player for making a post. It just seemed very stupid to me for the GM to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

please go away troll

The4Aces 03-22-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please go away troll

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what you say when you don't really have any logical arguments to back up your opinion? Saying he admitted his mistake still does not take away from the fact that their was a mistake. You are the troll.

metsandfinsfan 03-22-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please go away troll

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what you say when you don't really have any logical arguments to back up your opinion? Saying he admitted his mistake still does not take away from the fact that their was a mistake. You are the troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

The GM already admitted fault. What is the point of making this post? Are you an affiliate upset that wsex is 100% rakeback and your business can suffer?

Dac has stated he is happy with the solution. Dac said he will continue to play on the site. So what is the point of your posts? To get people to stop playing there?

The4Aces 03-22-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please go away troll

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The GM already admitted fault. What is the point of making this post? Are you an affiliate upset that wsex is 100% rakeback and your business can suffer?

Dac has stated he is happy with the solution. Dac said he will continue to play on the site. So what is the point of your posts? To get people to stop playing there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you stupid? Your argument that DAC stated that he would play there SUCKS because my opinion was made BEFORE DAC said that. Way to go to just make arguments up that suits your opinion and has no real bearing on the situation.

fraac 03-22-2007 03:58 PM

After this incident, I won't play on WPEX until they address the issues raised in the other thread.

1. Need a list of prohibited software
2. Proper warnings and process to determine software legitimacy, rather than a reactive PR exercise.
3. Suspending and investigating dodgy accounts when they are found, not when they try to cash out.

KurtSF 03-22-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Need a list of acceptable software
2. Proper warnings and process to determine software legitimacy, rather than a reactive PR exercise.
3. Suspending and investigating dodgy accounts when they are found, and active monitoring for issues so that they are found quickly and preemptively, not when they try to cash out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Broke Rounder 03-22-2007 04:21 PM

Good job WSEX GM, you rock! Also, why didnt DAC defend himself more. If he knew he was innocent, why didn't he stand up for himself? Anyone here understand what I am saying?

pankwindu 03-22-2007 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A public apology is made, and therefore no one is allowed to continue to discuss how the overall situation was handled, case closed?

Yes, kudos to WPX for acknowledging mistakes, but the fact remains that WPX does not have a particularly good track record in a variety of areas. I'll probably sound like a broken record, but the real eye-opener for me was the security mix up a few months ago. I actually stated back then that given the lack of trust in their security measures, why should we trust their bot-detection measures, obviously a prophetic comment in light of current events.

Anyone can talk a good game - that's how politicians get elected. If someone comes on this forum and states they have an impeccable reputation, that automatically makes it true? They make a public apology, and everything is automatically water under the bridge?

And no, I'm not specifically trying to get people to stop playing there. As the author of a helper program for the site, it's better for me the more that play there. My point is simply that people should be allowed to make reasoned judgments for themselves about how comfortable they are playing there; I mean, we're talking real dollars and cents at risk here! And for that to happen you need an honest discussion of their actions, past and present, good and bad. Not just "everything's ok now, shut up and go play!"