Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jman Tournament Rescheduled!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361242)

Jman28 03-22-2007 02:39 AM

Jman Tournament Rescheduled!!!

Hi all,

I swear this is the last thread on this particular tournament I will ever make. I'm gonna try to find 2 interesting hands to post too to balance my clutter in the forum.

Due to the number of people who Stars didn't respond to in time and the timing problem for Europeans, I am rescheduling the tournament. If you play in the tournament on the 22nd, you will not win coaching from me. So, feel free to still play it I guess, but it is nothing more than a regular tourney now.

The new date: Sunday, April 1st, 14:00 EST

Tourney #45891724
Password: avatar

There will be no exceptions to the avatar rules. You have plenty of time to get your avatars changed, but do it right now because they take a long time.

I will not be doing xfers, so find someone else to help you if you need money in your account.

There is no post number requirement anymore. Less than 150 posts is fine, as long as you promise to comply with the avatar rule.

You have to email stars to change your avatar. You need to give them an excuse as to why you need it changed. Please do not PM me any questions. Post them here.

Also, if you didn't post in the 2nd thread saying you were in and your stars name, do so here.

Thanks guys. I didn't realize Stars would take so long on this. I'm sorry I wasn't more organized.

jcg2005 03-22-2007 02:44 AM

Re: Jman Tournament Rescheduled!!!

I am playing

jcg2005 on ps

Thanks for doing this.

Allinlife 03-22-2007 02:56 AM

lol this would be the greatest april fools prank ever if the whole thing was a joke.

My_Name_Is_Hov 03-22-2007 04:16 AM

I am playing

punisher171 03-22-2007 04:28 AM

JMAN
How will you conduct the teaching.

Jman28 03-22-2007 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JMAN
How will you conduct the teaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Student's choice mostly, but I have some suggestions.

kitaristi0 03-22-2007 04:45 AM

In, kitaristi0 on Stars. Thank you for choosing a more Europe friendly time.

James00 03-22-2007 04:56 AM

1.) Jman spreads his name via forum spanning so he can make it on Highstakes poker.
2.) He gives a few hours of his time to make up for it
3.) people who are friends of Jman think its a cool idea and ssnl/msnl grinders that potentially have him as a coach are happy
+EV Jman a good idea on your part. Not trying to knock on you here just making an observation. The people who dont care and keep their avatar the same are the true ballas.

Jman28 03-22-2007 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1.) Jman spreads his name via forum spanning so he can make it on Highstakes poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no chance at all that this will help get me on HSP.

Jman28 03-22-2007 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol this would be the greatest april fools prank ever if the whole thing was a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I didn't think about that. I wonder if I can change it to HORSE at the last minute.

James00 03-22-2007 05:10 AM

look Jman I am not trying to rain on your parade, but I am against this in your face solicitation everytime I try to read hsnl. Dont get me wrong, you contribute alot to HSNL and I like your posts but seriously stuff like this simply does not belong. I know theres a ton of OT posts, but ones that are asking for services/money in return for something are different. Maybe mods could add something to prevent future solicitation like this from occuring in future. On a lighter note, gl to all the participants in this thread.

Paul B. 03-22-2007 05:30 AM

Hey Jman, any chance you can run tomorrow's tournament for some kind of consolation prize? I cancelled some pretty important plans so I could play, and I'm not sure if I will be able to play on April 1st as I'll be in the process of moving across the country.

Butcho22 03-22-2007 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Jman, any chance you can run tomorrow's tournament for some kind of consolation prize? I cancelled some pretty important plans so I could play, and I'm not sure if I will be able to play on April 1st as I'll be in the process of moving across the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Just give 5 hours for both....not like you have to do it all in one day.

If i was this guy i'd be pissed if i cxld big plans.

Jman28 03-22-2007 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Just give 5 hours for both....not like you have to do it all in one day.

If i was this guy i'd be pissed if i cxld big plans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm.

Man. It's so hard to please everyone.

Okay, 1st place in the 22nd tourney gets 3 hours. 2nd gets nothing. They have to have the avatar though.

costanza_g 03-22-2007 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Man. It's so hard to please everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll never please everyone. Thats why you have to lay down the rules, and if ppl start complaining, tell them "Tough, life isnt fair"....then smack them with a burning wad of hundos. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

IrishPete 03-22-2007 06:45 AM

ahhhh balls. UK Student Poker Championship is that weekend...hopefully i cant play and am at a final trying to win some $$ and a WSOP seat.

Il play next one i guess unless i busto and come home early.
Ty tho.

Edit: p.s. did u change the day so wen the guy wins, and PMs you, you can say 'april fools yo! lol.'?

stokken 03-22-2007 07:02 AM

Perpeteum, still in!

Freelancer 03-22-2007 07:03 AM

Can anybody give me a url to change my avatar here on 2p2? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Oh yeah I'm in now. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit; Changed picture on stars 2 min. ago, this is gonna be interesting for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
And jman, awesome initiative !!
I especially love the idea of your avatars all over the place haha.

loveinvain 03-22-2007 07:49 AM

In. cracker69 on Stars. Thx for changing the time, as an european I pretty much decided not to play tonight as it would screw up my sleep but the new time works just fine.

Ty again.

newdriger 03-22-2007 08:55 AM

that's great. I can play both. March 22nd for 3 hours, April 1 for 5/2 hours. Avator is ready!

Thank you

PBJaxx 03-22-2007 09:44 AM

Damn, I can't play on April 1st. I appreciate that you are giving something for tonight's tourney, though. I also cancelled some pretty big plans for it. I will be in NYC for the GF's birthday on April 1st, but at least I have one chance tonight.

BenzeneBird 03-22-2007 11:24 AM

still in, especially now there isnt a post requirement.
"benzenebird"

Statutory 03-22-2007 12:16 PM

In both, hope my stars avatar gets changed this afternoon.

Already PMed stars name.

krupa- 03-22-2007 12:21 PM

This thread is like the Phil Galfond cult.

Drink the kool-aid.

Squareview 03-22-2007 01:03 PM

look at me! im jman! look guys!???

T0ne D0wn 03-22-2007 03:28 PM

lol at people cancelling plans to play in this...

grando 03-22-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
still in, especially now there isnt a post requirement.
"benzenebird"

[/ QUOTE ]

love all the strangers

jcmoussa 03-22-2007 03:46 PM

i cant tell if i think this is retarded, or that im just jealous.

ben wb 03-22-2007 04:04 PM

Don't think I can play in the one on the first, I'd like to play in the one today but Stars haven't changed my avatar yet even though I uploaded the picture a couple of days ago. If the avatars not up on stars I guess that means I wouldn't get the coaching if I won?

PBJaxx 03-22-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at people cancelling plans to play in this...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, it was worth it to me.

I would also like to suggest that you can only play in 1 of the 2 events. If you play in the first one, you are not eligible for the 2nd one. Does that seem fair to you Jman?

jcmoussa 03-22-2007 04:48 PM

ive decided on retarded

PBJaxx 03-22-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive decided on retarded

[/ QUOTE ]
cant it be able both?

DonkBluffer 03-22-2007 05:04 PM

I'm registered for this nights tourney but stars still hasn't changed my image. I requested like 4 days ago.

PBJaxx 03-22-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm registered for this nights tourney but stars still hasn't changed my image. I requested like 4 days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the same boat. I haven't checked today, but it hadn't changed as of last night. *Fingers crossed*

EmpireMaker2 03-22-2007 05:16 PM

I used to beat jman at 5-10 anyone who would get lessons from this guy just seems bad

Ghazban 03-22-2007 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant tell if i think this is retarded, or that im just jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please coach me

feel better?

Christophers 03-22-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the same boat. I haven't checked today, but it hadn't changed as of last night. *Fingers crossed*

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

PBJaxx 03-22-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to beat jman at 5-10 anyone who would get lessons from this guy just seems bad

[/ QUOTE ]

At HSNL, I would be bad. At 1-2NL, I believe I am very good. Obviously, I would love to get lessons from you as well, but I don't see that as an option.

homnig 03-22-2007 05:47 PM

In

cakewalk 03-22-2007 05:50 PM

bengiec on ps

in