Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jman Mentors You (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355532)

Jman28 03-15-2007 12:51 AM

Jman Mentors You

Copied from this thread which gave me the idea:

I have a proposal though. We get a private freeroll or $1 MTT on stars. The winner gets 5 free hours of coaching from me, spread out over the next few months. 2nd place gets 2 hours.

Anyone is allowed to enter. The only requirement is that you make your Pokerstars and 2+2 avatar a picture of me, and keep it for 3 months, starting the day of the tourney.

I'm hoping I can trust all of you to keep up your end of the bargain. I will certainly keep my end up, and if I like you enough, I'll prolly give you more than the 5 hours.

Holla?

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/3070/cash3qy2.jpg

Edit: Who would be interested in playing? Could anyone help me organize it? Any suggestions?

03-15-2007 12:53 AM

Re: Jman Mentors You

ship away

alphatmw 03-15-2007 01:00 AM

wtf i'd do this if i had a way to get one [censored] dollar onto stars. freeroll ftw plz.

PokerSpaz 03-15-2007 01:06 AM

i will do it...make it $10 and winner keeps the moneys or does he pay you?

BKiCe 03-15-2007 01:12 AM

reebok?!?

g-p 03-15-2007 01:16 AM

ha this sounds fun. its not too hard to organize just email stars when you want to start it.

g-p 03-15-2007 01:17 AM

out of curiousity, if someone won this that played with you often in one of your games as kinda a joke, would you still 'coach' them?

Jman28 03-15-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
out of curiousity, if someone won this that played with you often in one of your games as kinda a joke, would you still 'coach' them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean if like aba won? I would go through with it, I guess just trying to improve his game however I could, although I would prefer someone from lower stakes to win so I could really make a difference.

Eagles 03-15-2007 01:23 AM

In first

Jman28 03-15-2007 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In first

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. You don't have to yet. And maybe mess around with the image so I don't look smushed.

xker17x 03-15-2007 01:25 AM

i would most certainly do this

KLJ 03-15-2007 01:25 AM

it would be hilarious to see that many jmans floating around.

post this in SSNL and/or MSNL and be boggled by the amount of people who will do this. adding uNL and/or BBV would SIGNIFICANTLY dilute the chance that your student will actually end up doing something worthwhile pokerwise.

oh and i dont think many would turn this down

with regards to making this happen, emailing Stars support and/or Lee Jones would get it done easily

edit: dont post anywhere else, and delete OP. i want my chances as high as possible

Phresh 03-15-2007 01:26 AM

Lol, Reebok sweatshirt and Nike hat? C'mon brah. Anyway, I'd be down, but my image goes with my SN so I can't. :-(

ty2472004 03-15-2007 01:40 AM

seriously, in dollars how much is this worth? It seems like it could be a whole hell of alot.

Superman26gt 03-15-2007 01:41 AM

I really like the changes Jman.

IWEARGOGGLES 03-15-2007 01:55 AM

Can't I just ask you for free coaching?

homnig 03-15-2007 02:04 AM

Sick idea Jman. I changed both avatars.

Bill King 03-15-2007 02:20 AM

lol @ the idea of puting your pic on ppl's avatar's.. even if i won this i'd never change my avatar and lol @ the clowns who will keep it on theirs anyways.

this is jman's personal version of purepwnage

zeigler 03-15-2007 02:20 AM

I'll play just let me know when. I'd prefer a heads up match I might get second and two hours lol

homnig 03-15-2007 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ the idea of puting your pic on ppl's avatar's.. even if i won this i'd never change my avatar and lol @ the clowns who will keep it on theirs anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why you won't be getting coached by a top player.

AAmucked 03-15-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't either because you can't even figure out how this works. Winner of the tourney has to wear the avatars, not every single person that enters.

(Coach Me)

homnig 03-15-2007 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't either because you can't even figure out how this works. Winner of the tourney has to wear the avatars, not every single person that enters.

(Coach Me)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm 90% sure he's saying that everyone has to make his picture their avatar. Also, that's not the point. I just wanted to do it because he's friggin sick.

AAmucked 03-15-2007 02:37 AM

OK I misread it. That will never happen but whatev. gg me

rebuyboy 03-15-2007 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

(Coach Me)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping I can trust all of you to keep up your end of the bargain.

[/ QUOTE ]

jmxthievez 03-15-2007 02:45 AM

Id do it, when would it be?

DrGutshot 03-15-2007 02:47 AM

holla, count me in if this happens.

-DrG

Reef 03-15-2007 02:50 AM

IN

AJFenix 03-15-2007 02:55 AM

Sweet publicity stunt to get on HSP [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. The army of Jman Jr's is gonna be quite a sight.

Luckboxer 03-15-2007 02:57 AM

would be pretty stupid not to.

Bill King 03-15-2007 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ircutsmall.jpg

KingNeo 03-15-2007 03:08 AM

Victorious
So Glorious
I take what I want
Im a ball warrior

Honestly if you turn out to be 1/40th of what I will become in life, then you won the life lottery.

This is not neccessarily a dig at Jman, just facts.

P.S. 1/40th was carefully thought out.

Reef 03-15-2007 03:42 AM

wait, you can only change your avatar once right? lol, I'll change it for forever if I get the 5 hrs

Statutory 03-15-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IN

[/ QUOTE ]

startrak 03-15-2007 03:54 AM

I will def play, but I'm not sure I can change my pokerstars avatar. Done it twice already.

fluorescenthippo 03-15-2007 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in also. may the best avatar win. you cant beat jman dressed as a slutty jesus

mbillie1 03-15-2007 04:21 AM

I could really use the coaching, so if this gets off the ground I'll change my avatars and give it a shot. Question: if we lose the tourney, are we still keeping our 2+2 avatar a picture of you for 3 months?

RaiseAndPray 03-15-2007 04:34 AM

Hahaha, brilliant. I sure as [censored] ain't playing, but good on you anyway.

I wonder if PokerStars will be more lenient with changing all the player pics because it's bringing business to the site or deny them because it's some white dude in athletic gear and would look pretty ridiculous filling up half a $0.10/$0.25 NL game.

With that question posed, still, brilliant...maybe a little goofier picture taken just for this would be funnier, but hey, maybe I'll do that one day if I can ever beat $5/$10 NL again...

Bet there are quite a few who'd pay for that coaching, but probably nothing close to what you could just make playing a smallish game for the same amount of time...

kitaristi0 03-15-2007 04:38 AM

In on the first page.

ChicagoRy 03-15-2007 04:43 AM

You should do this every month or every few months, that way your goal is accomplished (assuming you want a lot of people to have you on their avatars for as long a period of time as possible). Otherwise you'll just end up with the winner and a few other donks keeping their images after the tourney is over.

El Diablo 03-15-2007 04:58 AM

Jman,

Make it $100 entry and make the people send $200 to someone (i'm sure plenty of folks here would be happy to do that) as escrow for if they break the deal.