Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   texdolly on FTP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352121)

StavrosT 03-10-2007 11:30 PM

texdolly on FTP

Can anyone confirm this is Doyle?

He's sitting with durrr and Gus playing 2/4 PLO and durrr just challenged him to more tables. texdolly says something like ok, razz, stud, what? durrr goes 'lol minbetaments are for fish, come play PLO/NL. Doyle doesn't respond.

The end.

AJackson 03-10-2007 11:32 PM

Re: texdolly on FTP

it's Doyle. Someone asked him the other day and he confirmed

Eagles 03-11-2007 12:12 AM

Durr is awesome

SuperUberBob 03-11-2007 12:14 AM

Doyle doesn't have the cojones to face durr.

cameronw01 03-11-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's conclusive.

whoisthedrizzle 03-11-2007 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle doesn't have the cojones to face durr.

[/ QUOTE ]

or the bankroll

Daddy Warbucks 03-11-2007 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's conclusive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Texdolly was his s/n for Doyle's Room. Since Doyles Room transferred its customer base to full tilt, and shortly after there's a player sitting in the 1k/2k HORSE games by that name, its fairly certain that its him.

Drainbamaged 03-29-2007 04:01 PM

Give the man a break. He's over 70 years old; of course he might hesitate some to play 20-year-old Tom Dwan on the internet. Put them against each other at a live table, and we'll see how they'll do.

LBK 03-29-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give the man a break. He's over 70 years old; of course he might hesitate some to play 20-year-old Tom Dwan on the internet. Put them against each other at a live table, and we'll see how they'll do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Live tells are so overrated. Durrr would eat him alive when he turns 21. Those name pros are such fish on HSP. It's amazing they have the shark like reputations they do. Now granted, Doyle has actually looked the best out of the name pros on HSP but still..

MasterLJ 03-29-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Live tells are so overrated. Durrr would eat him alive when he turns 21. Those name pros are such fish on HSP. It's amazing they have the shark like reputations they do. Now granted, Doyle has actually looked the best out of the name pros on HSP but still..

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that there are some plays on HSP that *look* donkish, you'd have to know the history of all the players with respect to eachother to make that statement.

mhcmarty 03-29-2007 05:06 PM

Was texdolly highlighted in Red?

Daliman 03-29-2007 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah, blah, internet isn't real poker blah blah blah.

tagtastic 03-29-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was texdolly highlighted in Red?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why were people in the rail asking this? Of course he's not red, he has no relationship with FTP. Just because you're a known pro does not mean you show up in red.

Push_Fold 03-29-2007 10:03 PM

texdolly has to be Doyle. Who else would pick that sn?

jah7_fsu1 03-30-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Durrr would eat him alive when he turns 21.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...funny you say this without mentioning what game they are going to play. I can think of a few that I think Doyle would be favored in and I'm a Durr fan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lurker. 03-30-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
someone impersonating doyle.

gilbert 03-30-2007 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

someone who likes threads started on message boards on whether or not they are a name pro.

john voight 03-30-2007 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi I'm with your bank, can you please PM me your bank account, name and adress, as well as any passwords for online accounts? thanks.

jimpo 03-30-2007 02:31 AM

Push fold leveled you.

Drainbamaged 03-30-2007 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not as much Doyle being at an advantage at a live table as Doyle being at a disadvantage on the net. After all, being over 70 years old, it's conceivable he isn't as comfortable with computerized poker at a high tempo.

Drainbamaged 03-30-2007 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah, blah, internet isn't real poker blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't my point; see above.

ALLEN BOND 03-30-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...funny you say this without mentioning what game they are going to play. I can think of a few that I think Doyle would be favored in and I'm a Durr fan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Durrr has what...5 years of Poker experience? Doyle has about 50 years under his belt. He would crush Durrr in the long run.

tw0please 03-30-2007 10:33 AM

Too bad Durrr has a longer run to look forward to.

moving shapes 03-30-2007 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Durrr has what...5 years of Poker experience? Doyle has about 50 years under his belt. He would crush Durrr in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say durrr has played more hands than doyle has in NLholdem.

LBK 03-30-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad Durrr has a longer run to look forward to.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Durrr hasn't bust by Doyl's age I'll be amazed. Strike that..if Durr doesn't go bust by the time he's 25 I'll be amazed.

JoeM 03-30-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to an interview with Durrr he started in 2004 .. which means he has around 3 years experience. Which makes me sick to my stomach.

ALLEN BOND 03-30-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure someone who has played for 3 years has played more hands(NLHoldem) then Doyle in 50 years. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You have to be kidding me.

mhcmarty 03-30-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

because you're a known pro does not mean you show up in red.

[/ QUOTE ]

The quote above is pretty obvious.

I was wondering if his SN was in Red to see if he had become associated with FT. With his site closing to US players and moving the US player base to FT it wouldn't be a stretch for Doyle to join FT. They have a few big name players on their team.

moving shapes 03-30-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure someone who has played for 3 years has played more hands(NLHoldem) then Doyle in 50 years. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You have to be kidding me.

[/ QUOTE ]

say it's close.

doyle plays a lot of other games apart from NL.

the internet is pretty fast also.

ALLEN BOND 03-30-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

say it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no way it is close. Do you understand there is about a 45 YEAR difference. Even if online would go at 200 hands per hour, he would not catch up.

SanchoHH 03-30-2007 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no way it is close. Do you understand there is about a 45 YEAR difference. Even if online would go at 200 hands per hour, he would not catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Durrrr's avarage is surely way higer than 200 hands/hour. While Doyle's rate has been what, like 30 hands/hour for 50 years?

Haven't done the math, but I don't think Doyle is a big favourite when it comes to the number of hands played.

siralos 03-30-2007 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

say it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true it's not close the online player has played alot more hands... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

uva_ted 03-30-2007 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

say it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try 600, 700+ / hr, even more if he's really playing a lot of tables or playing really shorthanded. Doyle's getting 30 hands / hr. So ummm 1 hr of durrrr = 20 hrs of Doyle... so 3 years of durrr = 60 years of Doyle just assuming that all Doyle does is play NL holdem, which I think he plays a lot less of because he probably plays mostly mixed games.

burningyen 03-30-2007 11:08 AM

I'm pretty sure he averages more than 200 hands/hr with multitabling.

DefiNe 03-30-2007 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

say it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're levelling or if you're just plain ol' stupid. Let's assume that since Durrr started playing internet-poker, he's played on average 200 days/year of NL Hold'em where he averaged 6 hours a day while 4-tabling (which is perhaps an overly conservative assumption). 6 hours * 4 tables * 75 hands/hour (extremely conservation assupmtion) * 200 days * 3 years = 1,080,000 hands of NL Hold'em.

Now with Doyle, let's just assume he's been playing NL Hold'em for 40 years on average 150 days a year (which I think is highly ambitious because I think there were years in which he probably rarely touched the game). Let's assume on average 6 hours a day, playing 1 table of course and at around 40 hands/hour. 40 years * 150 days * 6 hours * 1 table * 40 hands/hour = 1,440,000.

So what I've done is take guestimates and make assumptions giving you the absolute benefit of the doubt, based on little research and I've already proven that your "it's not even close" statement displays your true level of ignorance.

KurtSF 03-30-2007 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're levelling or if you're just plain ol' stupid. Let's assume that since Durrr started playing internet-poker, he's played on average 200 days/year of NL Hold'em where he averaged 6 hours a day while 4-tabling (which is perhaps an overly conservative assumption). 6 hours * 10 tables * 75 hands/hour (extremely conservation assupmtion) * 200 days * 3 years = 2,700,000 hands of NL Hold'em.

Now with Doyle, let's just assume he's been playing NL Hold'em for 40 years on average 150 days a year (which I think is highly ambitious because I think there were years in which he probably rarely touched the game). Let's assume on average 6 hours a day, playing 1 table of course and at around 30 hands/hour. 40 years * 150 days * 6 hours * 1 table * 40 hands/hour = 1,080,000.

So what I've done is take guestimates and make assumptions giving you the absolute benefit of the doubt, based on little research and I've already proven that your "it's not even close" statement displays your true level of ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

DefiNe 03-30-2007 11:53 AM

KurtSF I was just making overly conservative assumptions to illustrate how retarded the "its not even close" statement was. I believe that Durrr has most likely played more hands than Doyle.

ed8383 03-30-2007 12:53 PM

if it is true that durr has played more hands than doyle, has durr also remembered more hands than doyle? when you multitable you don't have enough time to think about hands/actions as much as you do in live play. A live hand is worth more than an online hand.

Eagles 03-30-2007 01:02 PM

I'll take a bet with anyone that Durr has played more hands of NLH than Doyle.

bottomset 03-30-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it is true that durr has played more hands than doyle, has durr also remembered more hands than doyle? when you multitable you don't have enough time to think about hands/actions as much as you do in live play. A live hand is worth more than an online hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

95%+ hands aren't interesting

I doubt doyle remembers all that many hands from 10yrs ago