Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Selling Pieces of Myself for Monte Carlo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351711)

NoahSD 03-10-2007 10:35 AM

Selling Pieces of Myself for Monte Carlo

Hey guys,
I've still got some pieces of myself left for EPT Monte Carlo. It's a 10k euro event, which is like $13.1k, and I'm selling 1% shares for $180.

PM me or post here if you're interested.

Bond18 03-10-2007 11:28 AM

Re: Selling Pieces of Myself for Monte Carlo

We're allowed to do this?

Stoneii 03-10-2007 11:29 AM

not even remotely [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] far too expensive - $100 max

JackOfSpeed 03-10-2007 11:32 AM

$1 Bob

augie_ 03-10-2007 11:43 AM

lol, 1% for $180

who are you?

NoahSD 03-10-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, 1% for $180

who are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have an 100% ROI, one share averages a net profit of $82. If I have a 200% ROI, it nets $213.

Edit: Maybe you just didn't see that it's a 13k event, not a 10k?

aaronbeen 03-10-2007 11:54 AM

LAUGH OUT LOUD

schwah 03-10-2007 11:57 AM

aren't these threads against the rules and stuff?

KneeCo 03-10-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aren't these threads against the rules and stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

very much so, I hope OP doesn't get a dime otherwise MTTc will become a very different place very quickly.

[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick Diesel 03-10-2007 12:08 PM

Come on Noah, you know this is against the rules here. And though you seem like a really nice person and decent enough player, I highly doubt anyone is going to pay the premium you are asking.

NoahSD 03-10-2007 12:31 PM

Jeez. Didn't realize there'd be such animosity towards this. Since MTTC never really has a full page's worth of active threads in the morning, I figured I'd get a few PMs and the thread would fall off the page when the nightly FT sweats threads came. Sorry for pissing you guys off.

Also, I guess I'm done trying to do this here, but I just wanna clarify that I'm not trying to rip anybody off. I had no idea what price to charge, so I asked a few people who've done this before and they all said something around $180 for 1%. I screwed around with a spread sheet a little bit and I agree.

Anyway, again I'm sorry for pissing you guys off.

Clayton 03-10-2007 12:34 PM

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7316/noahsdga8.jpg

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Bond18 03-10-2007 12:39 PM

No hate here, i just wasn't sure if it was allowed.

JoseGonzlez 03-10-2007 12:49 PM

its a two way street. you want to reduce variance someone might want to buy a piece of someone who think think is a winning player. 150 seems a bit excessive if you dont have alot of experience playing deep big buy in live tourneys.

Exitonly 03-10-2007 03:20 PM

i dont see anything wrong with someone that has like 7k posts from this forum asking this forum if they want to buy some action.

shaniac 03-10-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see anything wrong with someone that has like 7k posts from this forum asking this forum if they want to buy some action.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong with it, except that it's been established as a rule on 2+2 that no staking requests are allowed.

Exitonly 03-10-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong with it, except that it's been established as a rule on 2+2 that no staking requests are allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm aware of it; i still dont see the reason for hostility for this post/or a reason to lock/delete it. Noah asking isn't the same as JohnDoe123 asking for us to send him to Monte Carlo.

augie_ 03-10-2007 03:41 PM

you are right ray, i did not mean to be mean. selling 1% of yourself for $180 is actually brilliant. just sell 100% of yourself and enjoy your nice vacation in monte carlo

PsYcOsNiPeR 03-10-2007 03:43 PM

Exit only: it should be the same though...granted i have NOTHING against Noah...infact i enjoy his posts...but the point is should some1 with 7k posts who breaks a rule be reprimanded the same as JohnDoe123 for breaks the same rule? Yes. a rule is a rule and a punishment for that rule SHOULD be universal..if one cannot enforce a rule such as this it will become complete anarchy..

granted Noah obviously didnt think this post would spark such a controversy...and i agree i DONT see the big thing about it...but whatever the punishment is for breaking the rule (i am not aware of the punishment, nor was i aware this was a rule) should be delivered...

MicroBob 03-10-2007 03:44 PM

Noah - I don't know you very well so forgive me if this is already well known.
But do you have a history of cashing in live, big-money events?

No, it isn't a requirement. Lots of internet players show up at live events and do quite well. And if people think your are that much +EV and are willing to pay the premium then more power to you.
Just curious.

terrellk11 03-10-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm aware of it; i still dont see the reason for hostility for this post/or a reason to lock/delete it. Noah asking isn't the same as JohnDoe123 asking for us to send him to Monte Carlo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually worse than a newbie doing it as seeing a 7k poster (who presumably knows the rules) make that type of request leads newbies to think it's ok to make those kind of requests.

Bakes 03-10-2007 03:51 PM

noah,

plz post pics of yourself in this thread so we can determine whether or not your a giant tellbox.

Nate. 03-10-2007 03:52 PM

All --

Come on, guys. Noah's one of our best strategy posters and a good kid. He happened not to know a rule. Let's all take a deep breath here.

--Nate

Nate. 03-10-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are right ray, i did not mean to be mean. selling 1% of yourself for $180 is actually brilliant. just sell 100% of yourself and enjoy your nice vacation in monte carlo

[/ QUOTE ]

Augie --

Again, it's a 13K event. Noah's good. Do you have any idea how standard (at least approximately) $180/1% would be?

--Nate

augie_ 03-10-2007 03:55 PM

i never know anything

shaniac 03-10-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rules like this need to be uniformly applied in order to be effective. Things like someone's post-count shouldn't matter at all, and, actually, anyone who's been around long enough to have lots of posts should have enough friends/contacts to get staked away from these boards (PM, IM, etc).

I have no problem with Noah's stake request, and don't really care about the rule too much either way (actually, I think it's good and keeps things more orderly and less BBV-ish), but whatever, rule is a rule, that's why people bugged. Also, it is probably ridiculous to expect that high of a premium for a one-off stake request, so I think people reacted badly to that.

cappla011 03-10-2007 03:57 PM

he obviously should jump off a very large rooftop right now because he will be hunted down for the crime he has committed.

shaniac 03-10-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Again, it's a 13K event. Noah's good. Do you have any idea how standard (at least approximately) $180/1% would be?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were to attempt to sell piece of myself in this one event, I doubt I would try to sell my action at more than 1-1. Maybe I'd ask for $140-150 for each percent (where face value is $130), but I doubt more.

WarDekar 03-10-2007 04:00 PM

I think $140 is incredibly low for anyone expecting to have +ROI and you'd really just be screwing yourself at that #

ASPoker8 03-10-2007 04:04 PM

Shaniac, it would be incredibly silly for you to ever sell $130/1% face shares for $140/1%

Nate. 03-10-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were to attempt to sell piece of myself in this one event, I doubt I would try to sell my action at more than 1-1. Maybe I'd ask for $140-150 for each percent (where face value is $130), but I doubt more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane --

But you've heard of like eight zillion deals that have actually happened for roughly these terms, right?

--Nate

shaniac 03-10-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think $140 is incredibly low for anyone expecting to have +ROI and you'd really just be screwing yourself at that #

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I COULD (and have at least once) sold my pieces off at a higher rate than what Noah is asking, but in a situation where the person you are asking to invest will lose their money 85% of the time, it's not really appropriate to ask for 150% or whatever. If one is trying to reduce his exposure on the buyin, one should be content to sell at 100-120%. Anyway, moot point.

shaniac 03-10-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But you've heard of like eight zillion deals that have actually happened for roughly these terms, right?

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, many one-off deals I've heard of involve the backer putting up 100%, the horse keeping 30-35%, which is more than what Noah is asking. I'd say this is an excellent deal for the horse, and I don't think too many (unproven live) MTT players can command this price. In Noah's situation (or at least how I perceive it), I would not expect people to lovingly pony-up more than $140 or $150 per $130 share.

Nate. 03-10-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, many one-off deals I've heard of involve the backer putting up 100%, the horse keeping 30-35%, which is more than what Noah is asking. I'd say this is an excellent deal for the horse, and I don't think too many (unproven live) MTT players can command this price. In Noah's situation (or at least how I perceive it), I would not expect people to lovingly pony-up than $140 or $150 per $130 share.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane --

Fair. I just wanted to point out that anyone thinking that this is some unheard-of type of deal would be in for some surprises.

--Nate

MicroBob 03-10-2007 04:20 PM

When Schneids won the Party-million I believe he sold shares of himself at face-value since he had never played a live-tourney before.

It was more a matter of others buying-in a majority of his buy-in for him I guess (as opposed to already being in the tourney and then selling yourself).

BEAT - I probably could have thrown $100 or so his way and been part of the action if I had wanted to. Man that $10k would have been nifty.

Rick Diesel 03-10-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, many one-off deals I've heard of involve the backer putting up 100%, the horse keeping 30-35%, which is more than what Noah is asking. I'd say this is an excellent deal for the horse, and I don't think too many (unproven live) MTT players can command this price. In Noah's situation (or at least how I perceive it), I would not expect people to lovingly pony-up than $140 or $150 per $130 share.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane --

Fair. I just wanted to point out that anyone thinking that this is some unheard-of type of deal would be in for some surprises.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that this is NOT an unheard of deal for someone with little to no experience in live big buy-in tournaments? I like Noah and have nothing against him at all, but to my knowledge his is not playing the high buy-in online tournaments and has very little experience in big live events? How can you say it is common for people like this to get these deals?

0evg0 03-10-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane --

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that this is NOT an unheard of deal for someone with little to no experience in live big buy-in tournaments? I like Noah and have nothing against him at all, but to my knowledge his is not playing the high buy-in online tournaments and has very little experience in big live events? How can you say it is common for people like this to get these deals?

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... cuz it is?

gobboboy 03-10-2007 04:25 PM

I agree, I don't think this thread should be allowed. I would have put up threads many times asking for staking for big buyin tournaments but I knew that 2+2 had some [censored] go on in the past and that it was now against the rules. I put it up on my blog and asked around on aim, and that was good enough.

mlagoo 03-10-2007 04:28 PM

while this thread is against the rules (which noah obviously didnt know), the people saying he is asking for too much are pretty far off. noah has likely well over a hundred thousand hands of cash played with a solid winrate, so he'll be fully comfortable playing with 100BBs+, and he has proven himself as a consistent winning MTT player. to think he wouldn't have an ROI in this tournament that makes $180 for 1% an absolutely fair deal (and more than that, a deal where the backer is definitely getting the best of it) is absurd. his ROI needs to be like 50% or 75% or something for this to be a good deal.

shaniac 03-10-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while this thread is against the rules (which noah obviously didnt know), the people saying he is asking for too much are pretty far off. noah has likely well over a hundred thousand hands of cash played with a solid winrate, so he'll be fully comfortable playing with 100BBs+, and he has proven himself as a consistent winning MTT player. to think he wouldn't have an ROI in this tournament that makes $180 for 1% an absolutely fair deal (and more than that, a deal where the backer is definitely getting the best of it) is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty far off. I'm not familiar with Noah's game, but I doubt I would give the best online MTT player 140% for his FIRST live tournament. To some, the transition comes naturally, but there are many online MTT experts who are a complete mess when they first start playing live events.

[ QUOTE ]
his ROI needs to be like 50% or 75% or something for this to be a good deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, which is it? 50, or 75%, cause there is a big difference. And yeah, there's a chance that Noah is less than 50% ROI in 10K main events. Not saying that he is, and since I'm not intimately aware of Noah's skills, experience or potential, all I can say for sure is that, if I were him, I would have asked for a much lower price.

Edit: I just re-read it and you said he has hundreds of thousands of cash-game hands? Does Noah even play a lot of tournaments? No way I'd pay more than even money for pieces of a ring donk in his first live MTT.