Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Bobby's Room games at the WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351241)

J_V 03-09-2007 05:32 PM

Bobby\'s Room games at the WSOP

What games spread during the World Series of Poker in Bobby's Room. I was hoping there would ever be a 1k-2k or 2k-4k (not 4k-8k or higher) rotation game around that time.

Ideally, the lower limit they spread the better, since I really just want to say that I played in Bobby's Room. If they aren't gonna spread anything but very big games during that time, what about at other times of the year?

And what games should I expect in a standard rotation game outside or HORSE?

JV

stinkypete 03-09-2007 05:35 PM

Re: Bobby\'s Room games at the WSOP

michael schneider played 1k/2k limit hold'em in bobby's room last summer

J_V 03-09-2007 05:39 PM

That was straight limit holdem? That seems kind've unusual. I would really like to play in the game, but I'm really only comfortable in a rotation game, and I think a rotation game would be a lot of fun. It would be interesting to see how well people played all the different games.

glen 03-09-2007 07:41 PM

If you do this let me buy a piece, so I can stand outside and smoke butts and tell people I have a piece of someone playing in bobby's room.

PokerPrince 03-09-2007 08:52 PM

I've seen 2-4k going on in there a few times, once during wsop last year. Having straight holdem' is pretty rare it's usually a mixed game including stud variations, omaha h/l, and at least one triple draw game(holdem too obv).

Rootabager 03-10-2007 12:58 PM

When I was there this time last year there was a 3-6 game running with gus, eli, chau, and some other ppl. I dont know if 3-6 is too high.

Justin A 03-10-2007 06:14 PM

Games really only run in there during tournament times. Often there will be a 2k/4k rotation at one table and a 1k/2k at the other. Or it'll be 4k/8k and 1k/2k or something like that. I'm sure if you're there for a decent chunk of the WSOP you'll be able to find a 1k/2k rotation to play in.

brandon 03-11-2007 01:26 AM

they run big no limit games in there as well. $50-$100+

csi 03-11-2007 02:37 AM

Just show up and tell them you want to play in a big game in bobby's room and they will build the game around you.
As long as the "big game" regulars are in town that is.

I know in the PLO and NL rotation they have a 100k cap per hand.

ohead 03-11-2007 11:25 AM

I wonder how much a person like TLK could win in a 1K/2K game in bobbys room when all the pros think he's a big fish.

Danielih 03-11-2007 12:11 PM

Hi JV -

Last year, during peak times, there were multiple 1k/2k games as well as 2k/4k and also 4k/8k.

Victor 03-11-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how much a person like TLK could win in a 1K/2K game in bobbys room when all the pros think he's a big fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

how long would it take someone to figure out he is good? i would imagine before he even sits down they would know the dude can play. young kids dont walk in off the street iwth millions to burn at the hightest games available.

BobboFitos 03-11-2007 10:29 PM

JV.. you are a baller

J_V 03-12-2007 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just show up and tell them you want to play in a big game in bobby's room and they will build the game around you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think this is true anymore.

Micturition Man 03-12-2007 04:03 AM

I'm not denying this but for some reason last every time I checked Bellagio was rather dead and most of the action was at Rio (though not very high there.)

J_V 03-12-2007 04:11 AM

Sounds good. Thx.

Schneids 03-12-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was straight limit holdem? That seems kind've unusual.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in Vegas basically the whole WSOP last year, and the 1k/2k lhe happened for a day stretch.

Hoi Polloi 03-13-2007 12:23 PM

If you do this, let me buy a piece so I can stay home and tell my dog I have a piece of someone with a piece of someone playing in Bobby's Room. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Danielih 03-13-2007 07:33 PM

I flew in the day before Main event 1a and there was a 1k2k holdem as well as a 1k2k mixed and higher. Six months prior, these 1k2k games might have been 600/1200 or six months before that, 400/800. Specifc players drive the action.

The games at the Bellagio in April will be a good indicator.

Nomar 03-14-2007 02:59 PM

Shouldnt this thread be in Beats, Brags and Variance ?

J_V 03-14-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe after I play? This is the only forum where people seem to know something, so I post it here.

Sorry this post doesn't involve AK in MP and some dude named Boutros check-raising a T65 flop.

HiatusOver 03-15-2007 02:41 AM

"Sorry this post doesn't involve AK in MP and some dude named Boutros check-raising a T65 flop."

lol, call down obv...next hand please

Turning Stone Pro 03-16-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe after I play? This is the only forum where people seem to know something, so I post it here.

Sorry this post doesn't involve AK in MP and some dude named Boutros check-raising a T65 flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus its good there is a forum for old geezers like me don't understand words like "balla", "ZOMG", and "minbet", and are not sure what Pat Antounis looks like and quite frankly don't care.

TSP

El Diablo 03-17-2007 07:11 PM

TSP,

He is very good looking!

KexChoklad123 03-18-2007 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do? Who? I got the impression from HSP that they have alot of respect for his game, maybe Im wrong

Josh. 03-18-2007 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That was straight limit holdem? That seems kind've unusual.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in Vegas basically the whole WSOP last year, and the 1k/2k lhe happened for a day stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

one trick pony!

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 03-19-2007 11:03 AM

200400nl

Yeti 03-19-2007 05:22 PM

yeah 2/4 nl and i think 1/2nl (with antes?!) seemed to be played in there a lot.

maybe pm bruiser if you're interested in nl as he seemed to play in there a few times.

i remember i went in once and he was playing nl, the other table was full of people i didn't recognise playing high limit, dunno what but i am pretty sure it was rotation and not holdem.