Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* 2007 Central MA 2+2 Challenge Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347593)

KilgoreTrout 03-05-2007 05:57 PM

*OFFICIAL* 2007 Central MA 2+2 Challenge Thread

It's that time of year again, folks. Time to start the discussion about dates, bounties, props, etc. as we prepare for the Third Annual Central MA 2+2 Challenge.

As usual, I will offer to host unless someone else would like to have it at their place. That said, my house is small and I can only manage 2 tables, and not all that comfortably.

In keeping with tradition, this year's buy in will be set at the usual $100 with no rake, no vig, and no fees. Because of this, we'll have to pitch in for pizza or some other take out food.

I'll recruit AJ's help in maintaining the list, once we get to that point.

We typically have this around tax day, and that time frame works well for me this year. What say you New Englanders?

Past Champions:
kdog (2005)
KilgoreTrout/dcasper70 (2006)
???? (2007)

Obligatory Disclaimer - this event is for 2+2 posters but is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by 2+2 publishing.

Slow Play Ray 03-05-2007 06:08 PM

Re: *OFFICIAL* 2007 Central MA 2+2 Challenge Thread

I am out of the country 3/17 - 3/31, and I have another obligation on 4/28. Anything else should be good for me.

grandgnu 03-05-2007 08:57 PM

Sat Apr 14th?

Noon? 1pm? 2pm?

kdog 03-05-2007 09:29 PM

I'm in. Just let me know when(and where if it's not your house).

hyde 03-06-2007 01:00 AM

I am willing.
however I will be out of the country during school vacation April 14-22.
any other day and I'm Wistah bound.

grandgnu 03-06-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be out of the country during school vacation

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, they can ship them to you now, no need to leave the country.......

http://media.bestprices.com/content/dvd/40/237449.jpg

ImGoodToGo 03-06-2007 01:16 AM

where exactly in mass will this game be taking place? I'm a college student in Fitchburg and am super interested in attending

grandgnu 03-06-2007 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where exactly in mass will this game be taking place? I'm a college student in Fitchburg and am super interested in attending

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually at Kilgore's in Worcester. I drive from Gardner myself.

dcasper70 03-06-2007 09:36 AM

I'm in

If anyone else can host (in order to get 3+ tables), I'm pretty sure I can get a couple of the CT 2+2ers to join me in the ride up....

ZenMusician 03-06-2007 10:59 AM

I have $90 in pennies, I'm sure I can save enough
by then! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-ZEN

Zameus 03-06-2007 12:00 PM

dcasper won last year?

Zen is bringing his penny jar?

This is looking meaty. I'm very interested.

KilgoreTrout 03-06-2007 12:04 PM

Zen,

Put yer pennies in a sock. Use the penny-laiden sock to keep AJ in line. When AJ annoys you, bludgeon him with the penny sock.

KilgoreTrout 03-06-2007 12:05 PM

IIRC Casper and I chopped it up last year.

27offsuit 03-06-2007 12:20 PM

I can host in North Attleboro if you'd like.

I have a Friday game every week at Mens Club that would have no problem hosting an all day event running into the evening. I have a huge ring table, a dinky 8 person ring table, and two even dinkier felted 6' tables if necessary.

Let me know.

Either way, count me in. I'll keep an eye on this post.

KilgoreTrout 03-06-2007 12:29 PM

I like this idea, but it may be too far for some (hyde comes from the North Pole or something). I'm all for opening it up to more players, though. It's fun meeting and bantering with you goons.

I can bring my 7.5 foot oval table and some chairs if needed, too.

grandgnu 03-06-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zen,

Put yer pennies in a sock. Use the penny-laiden sock to keep AJ in line. When AJ annoys you, bludgeon him with the penny sock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm married, don't I suffer enough abuse. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

dcasper70 03-06-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zen,

[/ QUOTE ]
Zen can make the other $10 selling tickets

dcasper70 03-06-2007 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dcasper won last year?

Zen is bringing his penny jar?

This is looking meaty. I'm very interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
Zameus,
Your prowess in Waltham has no bearing on this game. No Cliff or George types here (unless you count Zen).

[ QUOTE ]
I like this idea, but it may be too far for some (hyde comes from the North Pole or something). I'm all for opening it up to more players, though. It's fun meeting and bantering with you goons.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the weather's good and Acoustix agrees to drive, we can bring this along (if needed)

Zameus 03-06-2007 01:30 PM

My Waltham donk-stacking abilities are only part of the package. IIRC there is a certain 2+2er that played in that game from time to time before he started birthin' babies. All I need to steal his pots are position and King-high eh? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

dcasper70 03-06-2007 01:31 PM

f.u.

27offsuit 03-06-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's up to you. I know I could probably add 5-6 2+2ers from this area and north towards Boston.

Also, this place is a total throwback. Dingy, no women, anyone there not playing poker is 65+. In other words, the perfect place for an all day poker event.

Also, like I said before I have a tourny and cash game there every Friday night if anyone's interested.

Zameus 03-06-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
f.u.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/zameus/hugz.jpg

KilgoreTrout 03-06-2007 04:09 PM

I'd like to expand this annual donkfest to include more victims. There's something special about the teeming minions bemoaning bad beats in unison.

However,

Does this "mens club" that doesn't allow women have any specific rules, such as "AJ has to dress up as little bo peep" or "you have to be 21" that we should know about?

Also, is there a bar on the premises? If so, I'm shoving the first hand and then getting plastered.

27offsuit 03-06-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does this "mens club" that doesn't allow women have any specific rules, such as "AJ has to dress up as little bo peep" or "you have to be 21" that we should know about?

Also, is there a bar on the premises? If so, I'm shoving the first hand and then getting plastered.

[/ QUOTE ]

In order:

Yes, I can institute a rule.
Yes.
Yes.

grandgnu 03-06-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In order:

Yes, I can institute a rule.
Yes.
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec, "doesn't allow women" and you want me dressing up in a female costume? hmmmmm.......... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

If there's no women, who will fetch my cheeto's and slippers, or pour me another beer?

michw 03-06-2007 06:36 PM

I'm in. Any dates are fine. I've played a few times in the Waltham game and would like to donk it up with a few more 2+2ers. I'm also running at about -100% ROI in 2007 tourneys.

Toro 03-06-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's up to you. I know I could probably add 5-6 2+2ers from this area and north towards Boston.

Also, this place is a total throwback. Dingy, no women, anyone there not playing poker is 65+. In other words, the perfect place for an all day poker event.

Also, like I said before I have a tourny and cash game there every Friday night if anyone's interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the Biscee club in Worcester. I could ask my friend Carlo if we could use it if there's interest in keeping it in central mass.

KingJackOff 03-06-2007 07:51 PM

I'm in. If it isn't at your house kilgore, I'll carpool with you. I would voluteer my table (seats 9 comfortably, or 10 if you really want to get to know some people) but I'm sure I will get knocked out first, and I don't want to have to wait for my table.
\
The King

ZenMusician 03-06-2007 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zameus,
Your prowess in Waltham has no bearing on this game. No Cliff or George types here (unless you count Zen).

[/ QUOTE ]

$25 to Zameus if he takes out dcasper70.
$110 if he chip dumps to me and I do it.

Also, don't use the word "prowess".

-ZEN

Uglyowl 03-06-2007 09:51 PM

Keep Uglyowl in the loop. Shocked at how many Central Mass. donks are in here.

grandgnu 03-06-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep Uglyowl in the loop. Shocked at how many Central Mass. donks are in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a victim of circumstance!

http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p...dMTTTS0005.jpg

BadBoyBenny 03-07-2007 08:54 AM

I'll play if I can catch a ride with Casper/Acoustix. If not the chances of me getting shitfaced too far from home sound awfully high.

Slow Play Ray 03-07-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, is there a bar on the premises?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

The beer is relatively cheap too, for a bar anyway - I think last time I was paying $1.75 for a Miller Lite? Does that sound about right?

I can volunteer my table - seats 10 comfortably - if someone with a truck hauls it for me, but I'm too lazy/busy/unsociable/fill-in-excuse-here to organize and host at my place.

KilgoreTrout 03-07-2007 09:49 AM

So it sounds like we're shooting for 4 tables if we agree to 27o's man club. Let's put this to a vote:

dcasper70 03-07-2007 09:55 AM

I need to hear more about the Biscee club in Worcester.

especially since we can't vote for another 3 hours....

KilgoreTrout 03-07-2007 10:43 AM

Doh!

I meant to click the end date only. Drat. fing polltards.

27offsuit 03-07-2007 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Queue the elevator muzac...

Toro 03-07-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Biscee Club is in Worcester off Shrewsbury Street. They have an upper hall and a card room in the basement. The card room has about 10 tables and is roomy. There is a bar with cheaply priced drinks. There is a wide screen television with 2 smaller televisions. They get the horseracing channel and one tv always seems to have races on it.

Carlo has a Monday nite holdem tourney every week that usually has 3 to 4 tables so it's definitely suitable for a holdem tourney. He cuts a small rake out of the prize pool but would not do that for this tourney but whethter we would have to pay something for the room is unclear.

I talked to him last nite and he said we could use it but it would have to 4:00 pm or later. There was a little controversy between Carlo(he's presidident of the club) and his manager if we would have to pay a fee for the room. Carlo wants to let me use it for free but the manager was saying $100. If it was that it would be like $5 apiece.

Anyway that's the scoop. let me know.

27offsuit 03-07-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Biscee Club is in Worcester off Shrewsbury Street. They have an upper hall and a card room in the basement. The card room has about 10 tables and is roomy. There is a bar with cheaply priced drinks. There is a wide screen television with 2 smaller televisions. They get the horseracing channel and one tv always seems to have races on it.

Carlo has a Monday nite holdem tourney every week that usually has 3 to 4 tables so it's definitely suitable for a holdem tourney. He cuts a small rake out of the prize pool but would not do that for this tourney but whethter we would have to pay something for the room is unclear.

I talked to him last nite and he said we could use it but it would have to 4:00 pm or later. There was a little controversy between Carlo(he's presidident of the club) and his manager if we would have to pay a fee for the room. Carlo wants to let me use it for free but the manager was saying $100. If it was that it would be like $5 apiece.

Anyway that's the scoop. let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like an awful lot of drama. Any owner who wants to charge $100 so 30+ people can come to his place and eat and drink all day sounds like super, duper, scrumpdillyicous TOOL.

I'd rather squeeze into Kilgore's...

What is that guy thinking?

Slow Play Ray 03-07-2007 05:13 PM

i'm down for expanding the tourney to somewhere bigger (as cozy as your place is dan) but i don't care where. i'll gladly pay the $5 or whatever if i have to, but 27's joint is also perfectly suitable for us. just don't know about the drive for the true central ma folks. might have to update it to the "new england 2+2 challenge"