Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Degen was just banned (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347074)

Falang 03-05-2007 01:01 AM

Degen was just banned

What a joke.

Perhaps it has to do with him calling Dids out on his horrible posting and modding skills?

The guy has the 2nd longest thread in OOT history and is one of the best posters on 2+2.

Unban now.

I further suggest that PokerAddict be removed as Moderator of the A/R forum. He has done a horrible job and this is clearly a banning he has wanted done for a long time.

He has been after Degen since he created a site competing with his site.

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 01:06 AM

Re: Degen was just banned

[ QUOTE ]
I further suggest that PokerAddict be removed as Moderator of the A/R forum. He has done a horrible job and this is clearly a banning he has wanted done for a long time.\

[/ QUOTE ]

You disagree with a 2+2 decision so I should be demodded?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean RRR. RRR was sold before Rakereport.net even existed and if you believe the hype Degen does not even own it anymore. I am bound by sales agreement not to create a site like RRR on or before May 15th 2008 so I could not care less about his ventures. I am currently unemployed and my only website nets about $10 a month.

Degen has caused nothing but trouble in A/R, the ban is a good one and supported by many in A/R and 2+2. I'm sorry you disagree.

For those that do not visit A/R Degen took several cheap shots at another affiliate. This was due to this affiliate exposing his Rakeaid.com site was his. This was a conflict of interest that Degen was trying to hide as it directly violated his stance that RR.net was an unbiased directory site. Degen then went on to email sites this other affiliate was an affiliate for with BS complaints and posted derogatory statements about him for revenge. Degen even threatened to turn in this affiliate to the IRS.

This is just one instance of behavior in A/R that is not acceptable and does not cover other forums here.

PokerBob 03-05-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What a joke.

Perhaps it has to do with him calling Dids out on his horrible posting and modding skills?

The guy has the 2nd longest thread in OOT history and is one of the best posters on 2+2.

Unban now.

I further suggest that PokerAddict be removed as Moderator of the A/R forum. He has done a horrible job and this is clearly a banning he has wanted done for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you may be an idiot.

Falang 03-05-2007 01:13 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

That was last June. You were attacking Degen then, before you were even a moderator. And if you could care less about his activities then what is your point in that thread?

I'm sure you'll have some long winded explanation, you can save it. It is obvious what is going on here.

[censored] 03-05-2007 01:21 AM

falang,

shut up

Josem 03-05-2007 01:22 AM

Degen adds a reason for me to read and visit this site.

I feel that he adds value to this site.

I have no knowledge of his activities in the Affiliate forum.

On the basis of information available to me, believe that he should not have been banned, and I hope that he is unbanned.

(Disclaimer: I've never met the bloke, or ever had any significant dealings with him, although we have previously emailed each other about meeting up if he is ever in Sydney, Australia)

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That was last June. You were attacking Degen then, before you were even a moderator. And if you could care less about his activities then what is your point in that thread?

I'm sure you'll have some long winded explanation, you can save it. It is obvious what is going on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Degen took a cheap shot at a competing site, a violation of A/R rules. I had already sold RRR which is the point of that thread. Taking cheap shots at competing sites w/o evidence isn't very professional IMO and that is what I was calling him out on.

Falang 03-05-2007 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Degen took a cheap shot at a competing site, a violation of A/R rules. I had already sold RRR which is the point of that thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

A competing site which you had just sold. Sold to RakeBrain I might add, he used the site in the EXACT SAME way that people are attacking degen for.

Censored,

Shut up? I am sticking up for Degen when he cannot be here to do it for himself, and you tell me to shut up?

What kind of a forum are you guys running here?

I am seriously considering never posting on 2+2 again.

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sold to RakeBrain I might add, he used the site in the EXACT SAME way that people are attacking degen for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like Rakebrain was attacked......

[censored] 03-05-2007 01:31 AM

you won't be missed

you have no idea what you are talking about and this decision involved way more than one mod.

so again shut up, or if it makes you feel better stop posting

The Worm 03-05-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Degen took a cheap shot at a competing site, a violation of A/R rules. I had already sold RRR which is the point of that thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

A competing site which you had just sold. Sold to RakeBrain I might add, he used the site in the EXACT SAME way that people are attacking degen for.

Censored,

Shut up? I am sticking up for Degen when he cannot be here to do it for himself, and you tell me to shut up?

What kind of a forum are you guys running here?

I am seriously considering never posting on 2+2 again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bye

Dynasty 03-05-2007 01:36 AM

I haven't kept up with all the details. But, the topic of Degen (and related issues) has been the #1 issue in the Mod's forum for the past week. His ban has overwhelming support by the mods and admins.

Falang 03-05-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have no idea what you are talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so why don't you tell me. Outside of the affiliates forum (which is moderated by a guy who claims Degen copied his site) what is it that Degen has done wrong? Call Dids fat? Anything else?

Falang 03-05-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't kept up with all the details. But, the topic of Degen (and related issues) has been the #1 issue in the Mod's forum for the past week. His ban has overwhelming support by the mods and admins.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a poster as popular as Degen, I think we deserve more of an explanation. PokerAddict has a clear conflict of interest here. Somebody else needs to come forward and tell us why this is happening.

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For a poster as popular as Degen, I think we deserve more of an explanation. PokerAddict has a clear conflict of interest here. Somebody else needs to come forward and tell us why this is happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get why you feel I have a conflict of interest here. Some guy took a cheap shot at a site he copied all the tags from that I do not own now or then. Please explain why you are so gung ho for Degen here, I assume you know him in real life?

As mentioned several times this was not something I just did on a whim. This has been a very hot discussion in the mod forum and this was the decision that was reached by the mods as a whole.

I did not just decide that some guy that took a cheap shot at a site I sold 9 months ago needed to be banned. I'm not sure what your point is here.

nation 03-05-2007 01:46 AM

you're the one with the conflict of interest. you're one of degen's thai buddies.

degen broke many rules at 2+2. he was temp banned many times, each time with the condition of shaping up. he never did and finally enough was enough, so he was banned. he did enough scummy things that you should be embarrassed to defend him.

The4Aces 03-05-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're the one with the conflict of interest. you're one of degen's thai buddies.

degen broke many rules at 2+2. he was temp banned many times, each time with the condition of shaping up. he never did and finally enough was enough, so he was banned. he did enough scummy things that you should be embarrassed to defend him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really see why he is so gung ho about defending Degen either... but to be fair if there was a heated discussion in the mod forum about banning him then at least some mods must have thought that Degen should not be banned. It doesn't take a month to decide to ban someone everyone hates.

Mat Sklansky 03-05-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't take a month to decide to ban someone everyone hates.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you only knew [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

RR 03-05-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really see why he is so gung ho about defending Degen either... but to be fair if there was a heated discussion in the mod forum about banning him then at least some mods must have thought that Degen should not be banned. It doesn't take a month to decide to ban someone everyone hates.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't heated and I don't recall anyone being opposed to banning him.

The4Aces 03-05-2007 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This has been a very hot discussion in the mod forum and this was the decision that was reached by the mods as a whole.

[/ QUOTE ]
How else can "a very hot discussion" be taken?

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 01:57 AM

Well, it was a hot topic in the mod forum. It did not come to blows so to speak.

NT! 03-05-2007 02:27 AM

falang if you want to do something good go warn the hookers in phuket to watch out for the white guy with a stupid tattoo on his arm... he's gonna be PISSED when he hears about this and i honestly feel a little bad for them

Leader 03-05-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This has been a very hot discussion in the mod forum and this was the decision that was reached by the mods as a whole.

[/ QUOTE ]
How else can "a very hot discussion" be taken?

[/ QUOTE ]

Banning someone with a long posting history and a lot of ties to 2+2 is not easy and it shouldn't be. From all I've seen, Degen was given tons of chances and he continued to screw up. There was debate and then a decision was made with the full support of the admins.

The4Aces 03-05-2007 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
falang if you want to do something good go warn the hookers in phuket to watch out for the white guy with a stupid tattoo on his arm... he's gonna be PISSED when he hears about this and i honestly feel a little bad for them

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the laugh, it was needed.

BluffTHIS! 03-05-2007 02:40 AM

My comments on this matter:

1) From reading the A/R thread it seems that Degen's behaviour well merited a perma ban.

2) It is nonetheless fair to call into question whether his complaints about Dids, who is one of the mods with the most piss poor judgement, and Degen's un-PC views, were also factors.

3) With the exception of the most egregious bad behaviour, which Degen's case seems to meet, posters should never be banned from the whole site by mods of paid forums, and especially from the A/R forum where there are so many competing interests.

4) PA said in the A/R thread that he inquired about whether it was possible to just ban Degen from that forum and was told no. This can't be correct, unless "no" means "no we don't want to" as opposed to "no it isn't technically feasible". If posters can be banned from OOT by the mechanism of banning them, and then reinstating them for just the other forums via the posting groups feature of the UBB software, then it has to be possible for A/R or any other forum as well.

Leader 03-05-2007 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My comments on this matter:

1) From reading the A/R thread it seems that Degen's behaviour well merited a perma ban.

2) It is nonetheless fair to call into question whether his complaints about Dids, who is one of the mods with the most piss poor judgement, and Degen's un-PC views, were also factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall this coming up.

[ QUOTE ]
3) With the exception of the most egregious bad behaviour, which Degen's case seems to meet, posters should never be banned from the whole site by mods of paid forums, and especially from the A/R forum where there are so many competing interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't one person's decision. I don't think it matters who pushes the button.

[ QUOTE ]
4) PA said in the A/R thread that he inquired about whether it was possible to just ban Degen from that forum and was told no. This can't be correct, unless "no" means "no we don't want to" as opposed to "no it isn't technically feasible". If posters can be banned from OOT by the mechanism of banning them, and then reinstating them for just the other forums via the posting groups feature of the UBB software, then it has to be possible for A/R or any other forum as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't stop him from abusing the PM system, which was first among many issues.

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A/R is no longer a sponsored forum. It has not been since October 1st. I agree though that it is still unique with the competing interests. I try to be as fair there as when I owned RRR. This is why each and every time there was an issue here I went to the mod forum, just to get views in case this came up where people made accusations like Fahlang. FWIW Beanie was given the same warning Degen was.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not understand this either but it seems OOT has its own setup for this. I was told by a mod just to delete all of their posts and that would resolve that. That seemed like a lot of trouble and wanted a more official way of doing it.

I took over modding of A/R because it looked like it was going to get closed down when it was no longer a sponsored forum. From knowing so many in the industry it seemed like the perfect match. It was a way to try and make up for the RRR fiasco. I try to stay out of the other forums which is why I asked if I could just ban him from A/R. This debate about banning just from one forum got the ball rolling to where we are today.

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't stop him from abusing the PM system, which was first among many issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was another reason for not banning him just from 1 forum.

NT! 03-05-2007 03:04 AM

A point of clarification... the current software configuration allows only admins to exile users, and only allows them to be exiled from OOT. There was a rationale for this and it was included in a software update at one point or another; any changes to this system would, I believe, also have to be included in a software upgrade in the future.

There was a reason why OOT was the only forum with exiles, and it's not really the point of this thread. But I just wanted to point out that this isn't something that can just get switched overnight, it would have to be part of a planned upgrade and be decided in advance. This is one of the only cases where I've heard a mod even express interest in having the exile feature added to a forum other than OOT; generally, it's not necessary. Also note that the offenses which ultimately got Degen banned have been grounds for instant and permanent banning for quite a while, and the fact that Pokeraddict was willing to simply toss Degen out of A/R shows restraint on his part more than anything else.

Also, there were a lot of mods who were quite vocal about banning Degen, myself included. If anyone deserves heat for this it probably isn't pokeraddict; he merely presented the facts and followed through on the banning because several of the egregious offenses occured in his forum. There were about ten or fifteen of us who would gladly have banned Degen if he hadn't.

The4Aces 03-05-2007 03:12 AM

Is there anyway we can give Degen one more chance? NO MORE POST IN A/R. If he post there again it will be a perma ban... This would effectively be an exile.

MEbenhoe 03-05-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't really participate in this decision because I don't know all the factors well enough, but from reading the thread this was definitely not all PA. PA was simply the mod chosen to "press the button".

Leader 03-05-2007 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway we can give Degen one more chance? NO MORE POST IN A/R. If he post there again it will be a perma ban... This would effectively be an exile.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been given chances again and again. This is at least fifth time he's been banned. At some point, there's a line.

NT! 03-05-2007 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been given chances again and again. This is at least fifth time he's been banned. At some point, there's a line.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll take the over. wait, what's the spread?

nation 03-05-2007 03:29 AM

pa didn't even participate really in it until he was asked to. he was just the mod asked to do the banning, please don't take it out on him.

Falang 03-05-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He broke no rule since the last time.

Since he was banned one month ago for five days, what has he done wrong?

The only thing I see in his recent posting history that would merit this is:

A) him starting a long thread in this forum criticizing Dids

B) him stating his opinion about the intelligence of blacks

While both of those were obviously dumb moves on his part as they were sure to be controvercial at a time when he should have just kept his mouth shut, neither of them seems bannable to me.

I have never met Degen but do know him through Thailand yes. I feel I owe him a great deal, it is because of him that I found this gorgeous and amazing country.

I think the man deserves a second chance. And again, from the looks of it, he was already given a second chance and appears to have been following along with what was asked of him...unless I am missing something...

Falang 03-05-2007 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should be embarrassed to defend him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nation didn't you live with Degen or something? And talk to him extensively about coming to Thailand? If anybody should be ashamed, it is you sir.

Falang 03-05-2007 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Degen then went on to email sites this other affiliate was an affiliate for with BS complaints ...Degen even threatened to turn in this affiliate to the IRS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please link us to where Degen stated this information on 2+2, or quote it if that was in the thread that was moved to the mod forum.

To my knowledge Degen never posted anything of that nature and you are using things people told you about Degen's behavior off of 2+2 to justify banning him.

JJprodigy lost his Mod-ship for punishing a poster for non-2+2 behavior.

I also agree fully with what BluffThis said. The affiliate world seems a very complex and competitive one. I don't think somebody should be banned from all of 2+2 for things done in that forum or as an affiliate.

Also how has Degen abused the PM function in the last six months? I know he was previously banned for this a looooong time ago, but that hasn't been stated anywhere until this thread. Were there new instances of this?

Falang 03-05-2007 04:05 AM

Do you agree with Degen being banned?

SackUp 03-05-2007 04:06 AM

You are taking the internet too seriously.