Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Full Tilt or Stars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344745)

chiTown22 03-02-2007 12:37 AM

Full Tilt or Stars

I am new to the site and will be loading an initial backroll for NL cash games into a site probably tomorrow. I am looking for some advice on a few points.

First, Stars or Full Tilt? With the removal of neteller its a huge pain to move money around. So I am looking to pick one site and stick with it for quite a while

I've played on both and really have no opinion on the software. I lke Stars FFP system, but I am not familer with Full Tilts player incentives. I already have existing accounts on both sites. So, I am not sure if rakeback is even an option.

Second, What load method? I'm looking to put about $500 onto one of theses sites. epassporte? gift2go Visa? I've heard good things about moneygram with Stars.

Thank you in advance for any opinions or advice.

Trader_Joe 03-02-2007 12:45 AM

Re: Full Tilt or Stars

I heard that Stars is rigged. If I were you, I will try UB. I have no problem deposit on UB via my credit cards.

chiTown22 03-02-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard that Stars is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha...

Its ok I spoke with Lee. He told me that they will turn off the rigged decks for me.

drewvy 03-02-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard that Stars is rigged

[/ QUOTE ]

I not trying to be mean, but this is an incredibly naive statement.

GrandMelon 03-02-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard that Stars is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT FU Lee Jones.

tannenj 03-02-2007 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

third level?

TNUC 03-02-2007 12:58 AM

100nl and below it really doesnt matter .

CaucasianAsian29 03-02-2007 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

third level?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

thread Jack-
What ssnl players play world? is there a thread about this some where else?

drewvy 03-02-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

third level?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish I got it

cakewalk 03-02-2007 01:01 AM

rakeback.

CaucasianAsian29 03-02-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

third level?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish I got it

[/ QUOTE ]

4th level? I don't know if "4th level" works, but if it does, I don't think he's 4th level.

TwistedEcho 03-02-2007 01:05 AM

I play stars because im supernova, you should probably play FTP for rakeback

tannenj 03-02-2007 01:06 AM

what's the deal with the stars fpps? they give you amazon money or something?

sounds gay to me; to me, the lack of rb is a dealbreaker.

chiTown22 03-02-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what's the deal with the stars fpps? they give you amazon money or something?

sounds gay to me; to me, the lack of rb is a dealbreaker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I opened a Full Tilt account a long time ago and at the time did not sign up through a rakeback provider. Therefore I don't think it is an option for me.

tannenj 03-02-2007 01:12 AM

have you tried emailing them?

i thought i saw ftpdoug post something recently about cases like this, i could be wrong though.

chiTown22 03-02-2007 01:22 AM

I'll email them and give it a shot, can't hurt.

However, I have read else where that your out of luck.
I heared they had a promotion a while back that allowed you to sign up for rakeback with an existin account. Maybe they will do that again.

pokeriseasy 03-02-2007 01:23 AM

Just open a new account that's what I did and I got my rake back with no problem.

chiTown22 03-02-2007 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just open a new account that's what I did and I got my rake back with no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you go about this with out getting caught? Did you use a new email, name... what?

pokeriseasy 03-02-2007 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you go about this with out getting caught? Did you use a new email, name... what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the same everything, but the fact that I never made a real money deposit on my first account could have had something do with it.

Ralph Wiggum 03-02-2007 01:45 AM

Rakeback or good customer service?

Trader_Joe 03-02-2007 02:37 AM

Anyone is getting rakeback from stars? If not, why there are many people still playing there?

chiTown22 03-02-2007 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone is getting rakeback from stars? If not, why there are many people still playing there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe they do a standard rakeback, but the FPP store has some good stuff. For example, 13,500 pts gets you a $215 worth of tournament cash. You can sell it for real cash or play some MTT to mix it up.

luckybacon 03-02-2007 02:45 AM

if ur a supernova and play alot their milestone bonus plus fpp store bonus are better than rakeback

BDaws 03-02-2007 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if ur a supernova and play alot their milestone bonus plus fpp store bonus are better than rakeback

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably close to just as good, but is it really better? I thought most of those milestone bonuses you had to clear an additional number of base FPP's.

chiTown22 03-02-2007 02:54 AM

What exactly is the rake on FT? The tables don't show it.

If stars has a 25% less rake. Then the FT rakeback means nothing. Just another thought.

KEW 03-02-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll email them and give it a shot, can't hurt.

However, I have read else where that your out of luck.
I heared they had a promotion a while back that allowed you to sign up for rakeback with an existin account. Maybe they will do that again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Per FTPDOUG they have something in the works for players without RB..They Hope to have it out soon..See the thread FTP answers(can't remember the date)..in the zoo..As of now they will not allow you to switch affiliates..

redCashion 03-02-2007 03:05 AM

If you are a decent tournament player, play the 5400 FPP Satellites since the $T can be sold. I get enough FPP to play every few days, and generally can make $200 a bit more than half the time that I enter. It comes out to be about 30-40 percent of rake.

luckybacon 03-02-2007 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably close to just as good, but is it really better? I thought most of those milestone bonuses you had to clear an additional number of base FPP's.

[/ QUOTE ]

i still think its better. ur getting 27 percent with the concerigne service conversion i think. Then throw in the milestone bonuses. Its def better if u become an elite obv but thats not going to happen very often

mooney 03-02-2007 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe they do a standard rakeback, but the FPP store has some good stuff. For example, 13,500 pts gets you a $215 worth of tournament cash. You can sell it for real cash or play some MTT to mix it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. If you buy the $215 tourney ticket for 13500 FPP's, you have to use it to play in the Sunday Million/Warmup. It cannot be used for other tournies or be transferred to other players.

CharlieDontSurf 03-02-2007 05:07 AM

I'm average to sucky...and have played both 50NL/100NL on both sites...and Stars seems way way more fishy then FTP...but I will admit the RB every month on FTP was the [censored].

but for now I'll be staying on Stars...

ronitonline 03-02-2007 05:31 AM

Does rakeback stay forever? I am a little confused exactly what rakeback is, I dont intend to ruin this thread, so if anyone would like to PM me and be a nice guy!

jii 03-02-2007 05:41 AM

Déjà Vu

keikiwai 03-02-2007 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does rakeback stay forever? I am a little confused exactly what rakeback is, I dont intend to ruin this thread, so if anyone would like to PM me and be a nice guy!

[/ QUOTE ]

rake back is rake you get back

yes it's for eva

at ftp it's 27%, you get it at the end or whatever of each month... they give you 27% of your mgr - monthly gross revenue - so if you buy stuff w/ your points or you clear a bonus it is subtracted from your mgr

poker stars is rigged like for shizzle

ronitonline 03-02-2007 05:55 AM

Do most players on 2+2 have rakeback?
Didnt most players already have an account when this was introduced?

Avicenna 03-02-2007 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've rakeback on "only" 19 of the 27 sites that I have been playing. Clearly the sites without are the ones at the beginning of my whoring career, or some site that do not have affiliate programs: Stars, Party, Pacific, Ladbrokes..

Now, to answer your question: in some (rare) cases, you may convert an account without rakeback into an account with rakeback. Just contact your affiliate and ask them.

TwistedEcho 03-02-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mkae new accounts. both ftp/party are easy to get new accounts on. Just email them that you want to close your current account because of X reason, wait a week and make a new one. If they ask Qs, tell them u thought stars was rigged and u want to play on their site again.

Neither will care.

redCashion 03-02-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. If you buy the $215 tourney ticket for 13500 FPP's, you have to use it to play in the Sunday Million/Warmup. It cannot be used for other tournies or be transferred to other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

A better idea is to enter the 5400 FPP Satellites, the top 4 out of 10 each get $215 in $T. You can then unregister from the tournament, and sell your $T.

Better Than U 03-02-2007 12:45 PM

Stars. Support is better, that alone is enough for me not to play at FT.

n1nj4.br 03-02-2007 01:58 PM

Hi. I've played on both sites.

PS has a more agressive game IMO, and doesnt have a direct rakeback, so i think ftp is better.

Now im playing on partypoker, games are good there.