Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   ***THE OFFICE 2/22*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338901)

vikefan24 02-22-2007 09:37 PM

***THE OFFICE 2/22***

gogogo

AE6 02-22-2007 09:40 PM

Re: ***THE OFFICE 2/22***

seems kinda disappointing so far. the jan and michael thing has gone too far and is now way out of character.

also, i miss your old avatar.

AE6 02-22-2007 09:43 PM

also, when did we start taking all the episodes away from the actual office? they're way better there.

anacrime 02-22-2007 09:46 PM

what happend to andy?

vikefan24 02-22-2007 09:46 PM

Moss>Sauce.. But it's back

nuggetz87 02-22-2007 09:47 PM

episode sucks so far IMO.

AE6 02-22-2007 09:48 PM

this episode is not funny at all.
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

glad to hear that the wiggling baller guy will one day make a return though, vike.

vikefan24 02-22-2007 09:50 PM

It's Hotsauce

watch this is you don't know who that is..

vikefan24 02-22-2007 09:55 PM

Woot, Roy didn't last long

AE6 02-22-2007 09:56 PM

i laughed when roy said "COME ON" but that's mostly because of arrested development

tshort 02-22-2007 09:58 PM

wowowwow

dwight popping up in the backseat

ClassicBob 02-22-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i laughed when roy said "COME ON" but that's mostly because of arrested development

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the exact same thing.

ClassicBob 02-22-2007 09:59 PM

OH NOEZ RUN AWAY JIM

MattSuspect 02-22-2007 10:00 PM

Im so pissed at Pam for telling Roy. I enjoyed the show.

AK87 02-22-2007 10:00 PM

Are you guys kidding? I loved this episode. Dwight was so [censored] funny checking the house out. And Pam and Roy broke up, holla.

Greenmachine 02-22-2007 10:01 PM

uggh two weak episodes in a row for my favorite show hopefulyl next week is back on track

fluorescenthippo 02-22-2007 10:01 PM

very solid episode. there was almost too much good stuff going on at once for me to enjoy all of it

Vehn 02-22-2007 10:02 PM

One of my favorites of this season, liked just about all of it. Dwight was the only let down really and the kid's bedroom scene was kinda blow.

supposedly a 6 week hiatus until new episodes though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ridonkulous 02-22-2007 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what happend to andy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anger Management.

kyro 02-22-2007 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my favorites of this season, liked just about all of it. Dwight was the only let down really and the kid's bedroom scene was kinda blow.

supposedly a 6 week hiatus until new episodes though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Dwight was pure vintage Dwight.

Pretty good episode. Not great, but certainly memorable

Homer 02-22-2007 10:04 PM

Slightly below average episode, which means it was still excellent compared to everything else on TV. The end blurb was kind of a surprise since they usually try to squeeze one more funny bit in there.

vikefan24 02-22-2007 10:04 PM

I thought it was a good ep..

I'm glad Pam told Roy, the confrontation should be interesting between him and Jim..

Green Kool Aid 02-22-2007 10:05 PM

dwight inspecting house = awesome

michael not wanting to have casual sex because they couldnt cuddle after = LOLOLOLOLL

jim really clicking with karen + roy and pam broken up = drama!!!!

excellent episode, IMO.

AK87 02-22-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?!?!??!?!?!! 6 weeks... noooooooooooooo. Roy bugging out was the highlight of the episode

firstyearclay 02-22-2007 10:06 PM

Did Jan say the down side is her crumbling like a dying star?

fyc

Green Kool Aid 02-22-2007 10:06 PM

Jan coming through with a "thats what she said joke" too.

hahahhaa

chucksim 02-22-2007 10:07 PM

Not the best episode in the way of comedy. Back to way too many uncomfortable Michael moments for me. However, for backstory and character development, I thought it was very good.

Jan and Michael is really a throwaway, as is Dwight. Pam has now gone through a good character change with being more assertive. It'll be interesting to see how she progresses now that things have exploded with Roy. She may go back into her shell, or this will break her way out of it.

The Jim/Karen thing has taken a nice twist. She's clearly very manipulative and cunning (she's been showing her catty side for the past few weeks), I think a little too much for his taste.

I don't think he knows how to take her now, and stuff is obviously going to hit the fan when they get back to Scranton.

How many more weeks before a new episode? I think there are some reruns coming, correct?

chcheers 02-22-2007 10:07 PM

I liked this ep.

RacersEdge 02-22-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, when did we start taking all the episodes away from the actual office? they're way better there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been pushing this view the last few weeks - gee, The OFFICE is better in the OFFICE.

Tonight, Dwight's stuff was pretty good, but everyhting else was pretty weak I thought.

Homer 02-22-2007 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jan coming through with a "thats what she said joke" too.

hahahhaa

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt like this should have been really funny, but the actress did a poor job of making it seem natural.

Dilznoofus 02-22-2007 10:08 PM

I laughed a lot during this episode. I'm not sure what makes you guys say this one wasn't funny if you like the show in general. And while they're shooting episodes outside the office pretty frequently these days it seems fine to film the characters at an office party and at their local after-work bar, which has been mentioned several times before but never shown until this episode.

One question: Was Karen messing with Jim from the beginning? She didn't really have a relationship with a guy who was married, right?

pulse 02-22-2007 10:08 PM

Dwight's shrimp comment was kind of funny.

Green Kool Aid 02-22-2007 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One question: Was Karen messing with Jim from the beginning? She didn't really have a relationship with a guy who was married, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

She had no prior relationships with anyone related with Dunder Mifflin (unless she was lying).

AK87 02-22-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dwight's shrimp comment was kind of funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was his shrimp comment, I forget

Vehn 02-22-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess not. I'm pretty confused over that whole subplot, seems like she was just effing with Jim (pranking) which is the kind of things he loves, so not sure why they went that direction.

I thought the Jan TWSS line was hysterical.

chucksim 02-22-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jim really clicking with karen + roy and pam broken up = drama!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read this as clicking. Maybe I misread it, but I think he's a little uncomfortable with her being so aggressive with the pranks.

I think down deep all the "I dated him" stuff hit him below the belt. His and Pam's pranks were generally good natured and innocuous. Nothing really personal.

She started messing with his heart, and I have a feeling he's not going to take it well.

Green Kool Aid 02-22-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess not. I'm pretty confused over that whole subplot, seems like she was just effing with Jim (pranking) which is the kind of things he loves, so not sure why they went that direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

THATS THE POINT. Not only is he banging her, she is joking with him and doing all that stuff that he used to do with Pam. It's cementing the "overness" with everything Pam related.

Homer 02-22-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

She had no prior relationships with anyone related with Dunder Mifflin (unless she was lying).

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't interpret it that way. When she said that Jim was her first, then said she was kidding again, I assumed what she said originally about having dated the one dude was true. I guess I have to watch it again.

Green Kool Aid 02-22-2007 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't interpret it that way. When she said that Jim was her first, then said she was kidding again, I assumed what she said originally about having dated the one dude was true. I guess I have to watch it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

the joke about him being first, was like her virginity, which is obv a joke.

if you saw the first guy he was kinda short and fat, so unless he had teh maddd PUA skillz, i doubt he could have bagged her.

miajag 02-22-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did Jan say the down side is her collapsing like a dying star?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funniest line of the episode IMO. As others have said, this wasn't the funniest episode, way too much Michael, but good in terms of plot development.

I think the final scene would have been perfect if it had just ended with Roy's brother saying, "Nah. Paid them off." instead of the stupid line about killing Jim. Come on, we already know that's how Roy feels - that just seemed really unnecessary and killed what could have been a hilarious little scene.