Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   citanul let's do it (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338471)

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 01:15 PM

citanul let\'s do it

gettin tired of bbv and I'm probably going to quit if this keeps up. Not really worth the hassle at this point.

I want to sub in citanul for 7 days.

Mat and Ryan let's make it happen.

MEbenhoe 02-22-2007 01:24 PM

Re: citanul let\'s do it

I don't follow BBV enough to know whats up, what finally caused you to flip?

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 01:29 PM

letusgogogogogogog

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't follow BBV enough to know whats up, what finally caused you to flip?

[/ QUOTE ]

take your pick from the front page of b4l or bbv

link

link

link

link

link
link

link

4_2_it 02-22-2007 01:35 PM

I agree with Gildwulf.

diebitter 02-22-2007 01:36 PM

I don't envy you Gild.

Roll on Cit. He's mustard keen.

iron81 02-22-2007 01:38 PM

Once Citanul gets there, his first act should be to permaban yvesaint. I count 6 tempbans in his file before today's outburst. All of them in the last 3 months.

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 01:40 PM

I have been soooooooooo fking lenient with yvesaint

and I agree that yves should be permabanned. At this point honestly I don't think I have the hours in the day to deal with the aftermath of yves being permabanned.

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 01:44 PM

I gave out ten tempbans this morning. TEN.

Dids 02-22-2007 01:45 PM

This is why tempbans, esp 24 hour ones don't work. Ban Yves forever, explain why. Point out that DDY is right. Don't quit plz.

MEbenhoe 02-22-2007 01:47 PM

Didsisright, it sucks in a way, but if someone gets this incredulous over not being allowed to use the word nigga or make fun of the Jewish, that doesn't say much for them.

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 01:49 PM

I am shocked at fslexduck too who I thought had a reasonable head on her shoulders. She makes a post calling me out for being a nazi. Fine, whatever. She uses the word 'chinky' and I give her a tempban. Then she starts posting again in bbv4life 9 hours before her tempban is up like nothing happened on another account. I permabanned that account and reset her tempban. There are dozens of these types of cases in bbv right now and it is just overload.

The type of modding that is needed in bbv I said a while ago was unsustainable and I basically had to fight to get even one more mod in bbv. Now it's basically overrun by morons and I am sick and tired of this bs.

Dids 02-22-2007 01:52 PM

Gildy,

I'd suggest locking and/or deleted Yve's thread.

4_2_it 02-22-2007 01:53 PM

Gild,

Take a break. Seriously. You are a good mod and it's not worth losing you over this crap. You have warned them in an appropriate manner and for some reason the morans have selected Yves as their leader. Cut off the head and let's see how long the creature survives. Let Cit try to restore some semblance of order.

This is kinda like declaring martial law. It sucks, but it's necessary.

iron81 02-22-2007 01:55 PM

I'd also support adding Diebitter as BBV4Life mod. He's in there a lot and he has good troll combat experiance from his OOT days.

Dids 02-22-2007 01:57 PM

Diebitter would be a horrible choice.

MEbenhoe 02-22-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is kinda like declaring martial law. It sucks, but it's necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you're doing this might as well get [censored] to roll through BBV if he is willing.

4_2_it 02-22-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd also support adding Diebitter as BBV4Life mod. He's in there a lot and he has good troll combat experiance from his OOT days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest let Cit take a shot first. If BBV does not respond positively to him, then I would recommend that a SWAT Team of mods be assigned for a week to put down the resistance. I think diebitter could be part of the second wave if necessary. These guys are seeing what they can get away with. It's time for the pendulum to swing back toward sanity and order.

edit -- [censored] would be a perfect choice for the 2nd wave. There is a measure of fear from the idiots of [censored]. No need to play that card too early. I really think letting Cit do it his way for a week is worth trying.

Dids 02-22-2007 02:05 PM

There's no way a mod doing what needs to be done in BBV is going to be liked. It also isn't like censored has some special ability in terms of banning at his own whim, he was just given the power to do it first. Cit seems as good a choice as any if he's who Gildy wants to work with.

The good side of BBV is perfect for Gildwulf, and I think it would totally suck if he left as a mod.

On face value I think allowing diebitter to extend his influence farther than it is is a bad idea. I also think that he's out of step with BBV culture.

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 02:07 PM

Citanul is the only person I feel has the necessary understanding of bbv and is willing to punish. Noone in bbv fits that and no other mod really fits that. Censored doesn't get bbv at all and would be terrible, imo.

MEbenhoe 02-22-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It also isn't like censored has some special ability in terms of banning at his own whim, he was just given the power to do it first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but he has experience at cleaning up a forum, and also brings that measure of fear that 4_2 mentioned.

iron81 02-22-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Citanul is the only person I feel has the necessary understanding of bbv and is willing to punish. Noone in bbv fits that and no other mod really fits that.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true.

citanul 02-22-2007 02:20 PM

Gild,

Sorry it took me so long to wake up today.

I can't make my game theory problem spit out equilibrium (.2,.2,.2,.4). I keep getting (.25,.25,.25,.25). This is very troubling to me. That is neither here nor there.

I'm awake now and willing to do whatever is necessary, provided we can get an admin approval.

I definitely don't want to see you gone from modding, and hope that you take a legit vacation. (I know I've had a hard time just not coming to the damn page.) You deserve a break - those forums are tough and mean. Fortunately I don't give a [censored] if they hate me.

4_2_it 02-22-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It also isn't like censored has some special ability in terms of banning at his own whim, he was just given the power to do it first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but he has experience at cleaning up a forum, and also brings that measure of fear that 4_2 mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Using [censored] as leverage will give Cit the opportunity to clean things up. They will not be able to ignore him or laugh him off. The ever present threat of [censored] will cause the DDY's of BBV to get on board with Cit early.

FWIW, I doubt [censored] would be interested in cleaning up BBV, but BBV doesn't have to know that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 02:25 PM

relevant thread

I know we aren't supposed to show people mod notes but I thought this was appropriate given the situation and for damage and crowd control. People have very short-term memories.

iron81 02-22-2007 02:26 PM

So far, BBV seems to be taking it well, although I did see at least one protest avatar. Good job Gild.

EMc 02-22-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So far, BBV seems to be taking it well, although I did see at least one protest avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait till most of the guys from MSNL wake up. The riots will start.

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 02:28 PM

expect to see a lot of chomping sharks

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 02:37 PM

here we go again

at least he's not calling me a nazi

iron81 02-22-2007 02:39 PM

You can move that kind of thing to ATF.

Mat Sklansky 02-22-2007 02:47 PM

go do what's necessary.

Dids 02-22-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here we go again

at least he's not calling me a nazi

[/ QUOTE ]

Guild,

Focus less on retards and more on the majority of smart, value adding posters saying you're doing the right thing.

You cannot mod without a thick skin.

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 02:52 PM

alright, cit here is the contract:

I will write a note explaining the situation. Once I've posted this note in bbv/b4l, then we are green light.

You mod bbv until I come back from bbv/b4l vacation (possibly indefinitely). I reserve the right to pull you at any time and also to reverse any decisions you make, although I really doubt this will happen.

If you are going to go on a banning spree, you need to make clear rules for people to follow; if we are going to tough on people I want it to be at least fair. Whatever rules you decide on are fine as long as you enforce them fairly.

Any permabans of regular posters I'd like you to check with me first.

The purpose of this exercise is to get bbv under control and basically let them know that if they use common sense in the first place then there wouldn't have to be strict rules in place. The goal here is not to ruin bbv but to give it a wakeup call.

gl,
Zach

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 02:54 PM

iron, I know you wanted to announce the news first but wtf. Don't post it yet. We haven't even started yet.

iron81 02-22-2007 02:55 PM

Mat has already added him, its not going to take very long to notice his name on the main page. And I didn't see you wanted to make a production out of this.

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 02:55 PM

ok ok we are greenlight

letusgogogogogogogogoog

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 02:57 PM

cit, can you finish off the ms paint finals or delegate it? kkcountry has a point

I would delegate it to adanthar or alreturnslol

citanul 02-22-2007 02:59 PM

Gild,

I hope that I didn't move too fast. I haven't done any actual modding yet and I think our posts were pretty simultaneous.

I guess you're not vacationing from 2p2 in total, which is cool too. I will post anything > short temp ban here for you first, unless you IM me, citanul920.

adanthar in charge of mspaint? or what? i have a broken sense of humor.

Gildwulf 02-22-2007 03:01 PM

there is an mspaint wars thread in bbv. Finals are supposed to be this week.

citanul 02-22-2007 03:07 PM

yes, i was wondering who is going to be in charge now =(