Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Conversation that made me laugh (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336585)

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:30 AM

Conversation that made me laugh

Me: I have a problem, even carrying mediocre sums of money (couple thousand) my wallet gets uncomfortably thick
Friend: I only have a card wallet, I keep cash folded in half in my front pocket
Me: Is that standard?
Friend: Standard is a wallet
Friend: With 80 bucks in it
Me: LOL
Friend: LOL

Summary: LOL @ poor people

DING-DONG YO 02-20-2007 10:34 AM

Re: Conversation that made me laugh

I love BBV. Even mods can make god-aweful posts.

Only racism gets you in trouble here, not poop.

But it's all good, ma buuhole.

edfurlong 02-20-2007 10:36 AM

Why would you keep a couple grand in your wallet? Put the money you use for little [censored] in the wallet and the rest in a clip or something.

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you keep a couple grand in your wallet? Put the money you use for little [censored] in the wallet and the rest in a clip or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was considering this, but is a clip even necessary? Friend's line seems reasonable

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:38 AM

Sorry, it made me laugh pretty hard, but maybe its only because of the dynamic I have going with friend. Other people laughed pretty hard, too, but I guess most of them are drugged up pretty hard and none of them are poor. I apologize for downgrading the forum, in your eyes, given that you are a respected contributor of awesome threads such as this one.

edfurlong 02-20-2007 10:39 AM

Plz don't link to racist threads, I have kids in my house that I haven't sold yet.

DING-DONG YO 02-20-2007 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, it made me laugh pretty hard, but maybe its only because of the dynamic I have going with friend. Other people laughed pretty hard, too, but I guess most of them are drugged up pretty hard and none of them are poor. I apologize for downgrading the forum, in your eyes, given that you are a respected contributor of awesome threads such as this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty ty, the awesomeness lies in the simplicity.

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you keep a couple grand in your wallet? Put the money you use for little [censored] in the wallet and the rest in THE BANK or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:40 AM

gd

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 10:40 AM

I thought ballas put everything on amex and then paid 10 dollars a month cause INTEREST IS BALLA

DING-DONG YO 02-20-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought ballas put everything on amex and then paid 10 dollars a month cause INTEREST IS BALLA

[/ QUOTE ]

The real irony is that's exactly what most ballas do.

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:42 AM

You people dont have walking-around money?? I mean you NEED to have a couple G's on you in case something goes down, often of the gambling nature. Can't win hundreds off people in Trivial Pursuit as my friend does with 80 in your wallet.

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 10:44 AM

beat: i have $27.50 in my wallet
double beat: it's Canada monies

danzasmack 02-20-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You people dont have walking-around money?? I mean you NEED to have a couple G's on you in case something goes down, often of the gambling nature. Can't win hundreds off people in Trivial Pursuit as my friend does with 80 in your wallet.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ,

I'd really like to meet you in person, but at like a party or even like a mutual friend's wedding. We can get a drink, I'll pay for the 1st one. When you pay for the 2nd one and pull out the 5k in your pocket, I can ask "oh are you going to play the poker after?" When you tell me "no" an I ask you why you have all that money just please, please say:

"In case something goes down."

But srsylyl I keep that much cashohol in my front pocket or in the inside pocket of my jacket, never in a wallet. Though the private games I play in, they pay out in $5k bills.

jkkkk 02-20-2007 10:47 AM

I only have £200 in my wallet, beat, brag or variance?

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 10:49 AM

if you want to make huge prop bets, you are probably going to do it with people you know right? So why not just say 'i owe you a hundo' or something

bdams19 02-20-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

triple beat: you carry change? or do canadian paper monies go down to as little as half a dollar?

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

AJ,

I'd really like to meet you in person, but at like a party or even like a mutual friend's wedding. We can get a drink, I'll pay for the 1st one. When you pay for the 2nd one and pull out the 5k in your pocket, I can ask "oh are you going to play the poker after?" When you tell me "no" an I ask you why you have all that money just please, please say:

"In case something goes down."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you got it bud. The party will be in Vancouver soon enough.

[ QUOTE ]

But srsylyl I keep that much cashohol in my front pocket or in the inside pocket of my jacket, never in a wallet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

bones 02-20-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you want to make huge prop bets, you are probably going to do it with people you know right? So why not just say 'i owe you a hundo' or something

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't light credit on fire to show off ballerness.

[Phill] 02-20-2007 10:52 AM

Lol

Huge prop bets != I owe you a hundo

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

triple beat: you carry change? or do canadian paper monies go down to as little as half a dollar?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/3 of that is change...remember Canada has toonies ($2 coins) and loonies ($1 coins). It's impossible to avoid carrying change in Canada.

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I only have £200 in my wallet, beat, brag or variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Above average, so brag

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's impossible to avoid carrying change in Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just give it to poor people on the street, they can make much better use of that clunky garbage

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many scenarios are imaginable in which "I owe you a hundo" isn't going to cut it

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's impossible to avoid carrying change in Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just give it to poor people on the street, they can make much better use of that clunky garbage

[/ QUOTE ]

why give it to poor people when you can just throw it away

MEGABALLA

edfurlong 02-20-2007 10:57 AM

They have poor people in Cananda?

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:57 AM

Because poor people can buy food with it you heartless bastard

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We call them "Dinglehoppas" up here

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because poor people can buy food with it you heartless bastard

[/ QUOTE ]

food is soooo unballa

danzasmack 02-20-2007 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We call them "Dinglehoppas" up here

[/ QUOTE ]

this is reason enough to move to canda.

Butso 02-20-2007 10:59 AM

mod delete this thred plz...oh wait

AJFenix 02-20-2007 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

food is soooo unballa

[/ QUOTE ]

Need to tell that to 2/3 of Americans

LOL @ fat people

[ QUOTE ]
mod delete this thred plz...oh wait

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I think this was some kind of attempt at humor, BBV mods can delete it at will, I don't care. BB4L mighta been the more appropriate place to stick this garbage.

Butso 02-20-2007 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I think this was some kind of attempt at humor

[/ QUOTE ]

you should know, you're the OP

DING-DONG YO 02-20-2007 11:10 AM

I have about $20 in my wallet in case some chicken sammich needs to go down.

But srsly, you guys hang out with some fookin degens. I don't think I even know any degens or hard-core gamblers IRL. Most of the people in my RL would poop themselves if they knew about my pokering.

AJFenix 02-20-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should know, you're the OP

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH
Oh man, almost as funny/witty as that last momma joke I heard! Or that Napoleon Dynamite quote!

TheWorstPlayer 02-20-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
huge prop bets

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
'i owe you a hundo'

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

AJFenix 02-20-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I even know any degens or hard-core gamblers IRL

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend ran into Nelly's manager, who seriously does nothing but tries to hustle people in a variety of games. He doesn't gamble AT ALL, he wont take an 0EV spot for nothin, and its pretty clear he does it out of the love of his craft as he has plenty of money. The deals and random garbage he throws at people in craps games for example is ridic. If you try to back out or something, hell start yellin about how you aint got no gut and how hes here to gamble. My friend seemed to pick up quite a bit from the guy, though. Dude had a LOT of moves.

DING-DONG YO 02-20-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I even know any degens or hard-core gamblers IRL

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend ran into Nelly's manager, who seriously does nothing but tries to hustle people in a variety of games. He doesn't gamble AT ALL, he wont take an 0EV spot for nothin, and its pretty clear he does it out of the love of his craft as he has plenty of money. The deals and random garbage he throws at people in craps games for example is ridic. If you try to back out or something, hell start yellin about how you aint got no gut and how hes here to gamble. My friend seemed to pick up quite a bit from the guy, though. Dude had a LOT of moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate plz

WTF do you mean he had a LOT of moves? Is he a con man/angle shooter or something? What the hell?

Keep in mind I go out of my way to avoid pro gamblers IRL so I'm probably not familiar with these moves.

SomethingClever 02-20-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to self: Rob AJFenix.

Low Limit Loser 02-20-2007 01:32 PM

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...rubberband.jpg

Hundos on the outside.

LLL

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 01:32 PM

I just really wanted to say the word 'hundo'

Low Limit Loser 02-20-2007 01:33 PM

I have $502 in my wallet right now. 7 bills total.

LLL