Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Mythra is a SCAMMER (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328349)

astarck 02-10-2007 04:22 AM

Mythra is a SCAMMER

All,

Be warned! The poster Mythra who had done numerous Neteller transfers in the past is a scammer. He scammed me out of 2k.

astarck 02-10-2007 04:27 AM

Re: Mythra is a SCAMMER

Some of my posts in the SSNL [cheese] thread....

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Please be advised, poster Mythra (also his FTP name) has scammed me for 2,000 dollars on FullTilt. DO NOT TRANSFER WITH THIS POSTER.

Does anyone know how I can reach FTPDoug quickly? FullTilt support has not responded to any of my emails.

EDIT - This is almost the same as my last post, but now the scamming is pretty much official. I sat at the same table as he did on FTP and he left immediately. Anyone have any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hate scammers. His stars name is vampyrv. Can he get a custom title?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. 2p2 basically has to stay out of it. Any transfers are done at the users risk and 2p2 has nothing to do with any of it. No custom title. No banning. No nothing.

I did just chat with him a bit on a sng table at FT. He said he's going to come and make a post on 2p2, but that he couldn't get on the site. Which is odd, because he's not banned or anything.

AS, where did your discussion of the transaction take place? On AIM? Or where? Do you have transcripts?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was strictly on the boards via my 2 posts (one in SSNL and one in MSNL). He replied via PM. His PMs are posted via screenshot below. I don't have the PMs I sent him, I guess I have that feature turned off???

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...06/Mythra1.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...06/Mythra2.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...06/Mythra3.jpg

I also have numerous emails from PokerStars confirming I have not received any transfers into my account from anyone. But for some privacy I'd rather not post those, I could PM them if someone would like to see them.

FullTilt has only responded to one of my emails, and that was "We are forwarding this on to our security team." I guess if I could ask for the help of 2+2 I suggest everyone email them asking them to help out FullTilt player "PootLoops". Or if someone (maybe a green guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) could kindly get the attention of FTPDoug. He seems very helpful, but I can't reach him.

[/ QUOTE ]

RikaKazak 02-10-2007 04:27 AM

edited

iSTRONG 02-10-2007 04:38 AM

There were some problems with Mythra very early on in that neteller thread, loads of people were complaining that they had sent the money and that he/she had disappeared. I believe he/she showed up the next day saying that he/she had had a car accident (or something like that) but proceeded to sort everyone out. Now this happens; it's not looking good.

astarck 02-10-2007 04:42 AM

It's not looking good at all. I sat down with him at a table tonight on FullTilt (as did a few other 2+2ers) and his story was that I lost a bet with him. As someone else pointed out, if I had lost a bet and didn't intend to pay it I simply wouldn't transfer money in the first place.

Homer 02-10-2007 07:07 AM

Other than family, there are very few people that can be trusted. This is very disappointing.

kioshk 02-10-2007 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than family, there are very few people that can be trusted. This is very disappointing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't even think of trusting my family. Especially that nogoodnik brother of mine.

rakemeplz 02-10-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This incident is hardly proof of that however, or a condemnation of humankind. Problems are predictable when you give someone you dont know thousands of dollars on the internet, and have no recourse for any misdoings he may have in mind.

That said, my sympathies are with the OP.

Directrix 02-10-2007 10:03 AM

I find this really weird as I'm pretty sure he was doing transfers larger than 2k, are you certain it's not just a midunderstaning somehow? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Homer 02-10-2007 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This incident is hardly proof of that however, or a condemnation of humankind. Problems are predictable when you give someone you dont know thousands of dollars on the internet, and have no recourse for any misdoings he may have in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, this isn't proof of that. I've come to that conclusion over many years. This is just an example.

gila 02-10-2007 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, this isn't proof of that. I've come to that conclusion over many years. This is just an example.

[/ QUOTE ]

...but at least you have free wine.

ibluffoldladies 02-10-2007 11:45 AM

I'm sorry it happened, but come on man, you're trusting your money to complete strangers...strangers that play POKER. Not much sympathy from me.

Homer 02-10-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...but at least you have free wine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Sad Homer

astarck 02-10-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find this really weird as I'm pretty sure he was doing transfers larger than 2k, are you certain it's not just a midunderstaning somehow? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

99.9% certain. In 36 hours he hasn't responded to a single PM, yet he has been playing on FullTilt. I (and other 2+2ers) sat at his table and he claimed I had lost a bet to him and AFTER SENDING HIM THE MONEY?!?! I decided not to pay up.

Gregg777 02-10-2007 12:22 PM

He claims you lost a bet.

What was the bet?

Where was it made?

If it was at a table, it will be in the hand history.

If it was here it will be posted somewhere.

Have him explain the bet.

Homer 02-10-2007 12:55 PM

Also, what is his FTP username?

astarck 02-10-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what is his FTP username?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mythra

flow void 02-10-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What was the bet?

Where was it made?

[/ QUOTE ]

I observed some chat at mythra's table last night and he is claiming they made an even money bet on the Superbowl for 2K.

Directrix 02-10-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
99.9% certain. In 36 hours he hasn't responded to a single PM, yet he has been playing on FullTilt. I (and other 2+2ers) sat at his table and he claimed I had lost a bet to him and AFTER SENDING HIM THE MONEY?!?! I decided not to pay up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that sucks man. Just remember that karma is a bitch. And by "karma" I mean "angry 2p2'ers that'll hunt this guy down and break his legs".

Someone here must have gotten his address/phone # in the process of doing transfers with him.

Otherwise you think he'd be posting here defending himself if there was in-fact a bet made.

Keyser. 02-10-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What was the bet?

Where was it made?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what he told me last night.

Keyser.: hey myrthra
Keyser.: i hear you scammed a guy out of 2k, what's the deal?
Mythra: he lost a bet with me
Keyser.: explain
Mythra: and he paid me
Mythra: now he's trying to get it back
Mythra: by saying i scammed him
Keyser.: why is he saying you scammed him?
Mythra: let me ask U that
Keyser.: what was the bet?
Mythra: why would I scam him now?
Keyser.: i dunno that's what i'm wondering
Mythra: I could've scammed 10K if I wanted to

Keyser.: so mytrha, what bet did you make with him?
Keyser.: mythrrrrra
Keyser.: what was the bet?
Mythra: sorry 4-tabling
Mythra: buzy
Keyser.: too busy 4 tabling to clear up accusations of a 2k scam?
Mythra: ok this is getting outta hand
QuantumBlink: why do you care so much?
Mythra: WHY WOULD I SCAM SOMEONE
Keyser.: bored, and i dont like scammers
Keyser.: im not saying you did
Mythra: we had superbowl bet
Mythra: i dont know what he's trying to do
Mythra: but looks like he wants his money back after sending it
Keyser.: hmmm shi.tty situation. i dont get why he'd pay you if he didn't intend to pay you

Keyser.: how did you two come into contact to make the superbowl bet?
Mythra: umm, messenger?

It goes on for a bit but that seems to be the most important part. His story doesn’t make any sense, and astarck’s PM screenshots look like pretty definitive proof.

Homer 02-10-2007 05:13 PM

Mythra, I'm sure you are reading this thread. Just remember that one day you're going to screw the wrong person and end up six feet under. Is it really worth it to scam $2000 from someone? Do you want to go through your entire life looking over your shoulder, all the while knowing you're a scumbag? There's still time to change things. Ship this guy his money.

astarck 02-10-2007 05:53 PM

I think the fact that he know's this entire situation is going on and hasn't bothered to even attempt to clear his name speaks volumes about his guilt. And it's not too late, he could still rectify the whole thing. I know I've learned my lessson, I can only hope one day he'll learn his. I think the most frustrating thing about this whole mess is the lack of help from FullTilt. PokerStars was very helpful and responded within an hour or two. 2 days and 10 emails later, FullTilt has provided me with minimal (and even that is a stretch) support.

I really do appreciate the help from numerous 2+2ers who have PMed me and helped me out through this process. We really do have a great community that sadly, is ruined by a few con-artists. Mythra could still do the stand-up thing and send my money back, but that seems very doubtful.

vilemerchant 02-10-2007 06:45 PM

Does anyone else that's had dealing with Mythra have any more information on the guy?

Sponger. 02-10-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like Keyser screwed up in his post and gave away Mythra's SN if anyone wants to IM him.

astarck 02-10-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like Keyser screwed up in his post and gave away Mythra's SN if anyone wants to IM him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe QuantumBlink was someone else at the table. I'm almost certain the above conversation took place on a FullTilt table.

Keyser. 02-10-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe QuantumBlink was someone else at the table. I'm almost certain the above conversation took place on a FullTilt table.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry for the confusion, that chat took place at the table.

Also I was digging around a little hoping some of his personal information slipped into his posts. Looks like he's a 22 year old college student (in Canada right?) who is desperately trying to put it in his g/f's butt: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

Hopefully at some point he's mentioned his real name to someone. The people he did transfers with should know it.

It looks like he was running bad (post-NETeller transfers?), so surely that was his motivation.

from 1/21, here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post8857716
[ QUOTE ]
lost 5.5 buy-ins today, my last hand was my A-high flush losing to a straight flush (other guy had J10s).
Maybe I'm not good/lucky enough to do well in this game. I might just quit and get a job or something. It really is depressing when this type of [censored] day comes around every 4-5 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

gezuz 02-10-2007 07:46 PM

ahh [censored] thanks god I took a break from poker before going to UB, I was going to trade with him.

OP, this is very bad for you, but I appreciate you outing him. Good luck.

pipedreamz 02-10-2007 07:56 PM

that is a really [censored] predicament. i had a similar scam situation that actually resulted in my 200 xfer being returned to me. (search lovinpoke)

keep this thread up and hopefully someone will come up with his real info.

Marwan 02-10-2007 07:59 PM

Astrack, this sucks big time, I hope everything gets cleared up and you get your money back somehow.. I don't know how people can live with themselves when they do stuff like this.. my concious would eat away at me..

Someone dropped a quarter at school the other day on the floor while wearing headphones so he didn't hear the coin drop against the floor.. it landed by my feet, so I picked it up and was about to give it to him, but he didn't notice and by the time I turned around he was heading down the hall and I was in line so didn't chase after him.. I felt bad about that, I couldn't imagine how someone could do something like this

Homer 02-10-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry for the confusion, that chat took place at the table.

Also I was digging around a little hoping some of his personal information slipped into his posts. Looks like he's a 22 year old college student (in Canada right?) who is desperately trying to put it in his g/f's butt: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

Hopefully at some point he's mentioned his real name to someone. The people he did transfers with should know it.

It looks like he was running bad (post-NETeller transfers?), so surely that was his motivation.

from 1/21, here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post8857716
[ QUOTE ]
lost 5.5 buy-ins today, my last hand was my A-high flush losing to a straight flush (other guy had J10s).
Maybe I'm not good/lucky enough to do well in this game. I might just quit and get a job or something. It really is depressing when this type of [censored] day comes around every 4-5 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good info. If anyone has his real name, please send it to OP. Then, he can decide if he wants to post it here.

Arnfinn Madsen 02-10-2007 09:02 PM

FWIW I don't think it is our "resident" scammer Kaz/Spoohunter/AK etc..

Borden 02-10-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Astrack, this sucks big time, I hope everything gets cleared up and you get your money back somehow.. I don't know how people can live with themselves when they do stuff like this.. my concious would eat away at me..

Someone dropped a quarter at school the other day on the floor while wearing headphones so he didn't hear the coin drop against the floor.. it landed by my feet, so I picked it up and was about to give it to him, but he didn't notice and by the time I turned around he was heading down the hall and I was in line so didn't chase after him.. I felt bad about that, I couldn't imagine how someone could do something like this

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...I was at KooKooRoo the other day and they are doing a promotion where they ask if you want to give a dollar to Jerry's Kids etc. I just insta say no thanks without even listening to what it is etc..

Then while I'm waiting for my food I see the sign for the promotion and everything and just feel awful..like "I can't even spare a $1 for a sick kid..god I'm a horrible person"

I felt terrible till I got out to my car and started eating their original chicken..then I was like.."MMM...chicken good."

JohnGalt69 02-11-2007 01:48 AM

That PM in this thread is the EXACT same one he sent me when we did a deal (and then he immediately disappeared). We (the people who had money with him) heard nothing from him until immediately after we got his neteller account frozen, at which time he appeared, claimed to have been in a car accident, and went hastily to work transferring the money. The thing is, he said my money was in his neteller account (not on pokerstars). Hmmmmm... so he must have never transferred it there in the first place and never have transferred it to me, contra his PM. He was very dodgy on messenger. I think it's a good bet in hindsight that he would have walked with the $7.5k or so he had at that time if we had not frozen his neteller account, which I imagine he wants to keep. I have his name and AIM SN somewhere. EDIT: Took out name and PMed to OP

Keyser. 02-11-2007 02:07 AM

I don't see any reason to not just post his information here.

MakesCents 02-11-2007 02:19 AM

yep, thats the reasoning of a scammer. Hope ur able to get your $ back somehow. It's too bad when someone is willing to give up a decent reputation for $2k. I don't have that much left online and I still wouldn't do it

8675309 02-11-2007 02:37 AM

Hey guys I have a major contact at neteller and if this guy does not pay back in 24 hrs i can get his acct closed with the proof we already have.

astarck 02-11-2007 08:46 AM

It's true I've received quite a bit of information regarding Mythra. Although I'm not sure I can post it without getting perma-banned or something.

astarck 02-11-2007 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys I have a major contact at neteller and if this guy does not pay back in 24 hrs i can get his acct closed with the proof we already have.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true that would be awesome.

astarck 02-11-2007 08:55 AM

I can also confirm that FullTilt has started to help me. Understandably they are limited in what they can do. BUT, they are helping and investigating the whole series of events.

Mythra, if you're reading this, I STRONGLY suggest you send the money back. Is all this really worth 2k to you?

astarck 02-11-2007 09:52 AM

I have collected some information on Mythra:

Name; E-mail address; AIM Name; Residence; Age.

If anyone else needs to contact him, pm me.