Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   No more P2P at Neteller for US-customers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321248)

chokero 02-01-2007 07:53 PM

No more P2P at Neteller for US-customers

http://content.neteller.com/content/...supdate.htm#1a

iSTRONG 02-01-2007 07:54 PM

Re: No more P2P at Neteller for US-costumers

wow.

Badgerpoo 02-01-2007 07:55 PM

Ouch. Oh well, looks like its over

MikeyPatriot 02-01-2007 07:56 PM

Glad to say I got in before the lock.

Vavavoom 02-01-2007 07:59 PM

So u have no way of getting your money out...jeez !

billxo1b 02-01-2007 08:00 PM

huh???

[ QUOTE ]

Is my money safe in my NETELLER account?

NETELLER holds all members’ funds (all deposited, in-transit and un-cleared funds) by holding the value in independent trust accounts. As the largest independent online money transfer business in the world, we maintain our head office in Europe and are a publicly quoted company on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. NETELLER UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

thirstyforwater 02-01-2007 08:02 PM

Can anyone confirm that transfers aren't going through?

bills217 02-01-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
huh???

[ QUOTE ]

Is my money safe in my NETELLER account?

NETELLER holds all members’ funds (all deposited, in-transit and un-cleared funds) by holding the value in independent trust accounts. As the largest independent online money transfer business in the world, we maintain our head office in Europe and are a publicly quoted company on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. NETELLER UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, it's safe all right.

So safe not even you can get it out.

Nonfiction 02-01-2007 08:03 PM

GG.

iSTRONG 02-01-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirmed. It says your account needs to be "certified" for P2P.

iSTRONG 02-01-2007 08:05 PM

In other news, well played 2+2. These last few days have been epic & it's amazing to see that with all this money changing hands (quite a few million dollars I'm sure) that only 2 people got scammed for a total of $1500.

pokerpunchout 02-01-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirmed. It says your account needs to be "certified" for P2P.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about close ... I got the last of my cash off of their filthy site yesterday!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1C5 02-01-2007 08:13 PM

Re: No more P2P at Neteller for US-customers

That was obvious. Glad some people got their money out.

MikeyKins 02-01-2007 08:13 PM

Countdown till class action lawsuit against Neteller.

They completely crossed the line with not allowing people access to their money. I've already talked to a couple of my US friends who are looking into fighting this hard.

Seriously, you guys are getting boned. Neteller as a company is dead in the water at this point, I wouldn't trust them with another nickel of my Canadian funds

NL__Fool 02-01-2007 08:20 PM

There is now absolutely no point in playing at Stars, Full Tilt UB etc for at least the next few months, if ever.

The only players who will not need to deposit money at these sites are winning players. Who want to be on 8 tables all full of winning players? The next few months we will see all the slight winners get eaten up by the better players, and then all the better players will have marginal winrates and eat each other up alive. Few will survive.

There are just not enough Non-US fish out there and if there are, Stars and the rest of the sites that did allow US players to continue playing are not doing enough advertising to attract them.

Fish can't deposit at all until they have a new deposit method available to them and even then will they want to deposit after having their money stuck in neteller for 6 months?

Thats all she wrote for Americans.

PokerBonusWhore 02-01-2007 08:22 PM

I love how they say they are stopping p2p's in order to prevent US members from using the funds with the intent to gamble online. Just shows how dumb they are. At this point most people were doing this as a way to rescue their money and ensure it's not lost forever, not necessarily use it to gamble. F Neteller.

Phenomenon 02-01-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is now absolutely no point in playing at Stars, Full Tilt UB etc for at least the next few months, if ever.

The only players who will not need to deposit money at these sites are winning players. Who want to be on 8 tables all full of winning players? The next few months we will see all the slight winners get eaten up by the better players, and then all the better players will have marginal winrates and eat each other up alive. Few will survive.

There are just not enough Non-US fish out there and if there are, Stars and the rest of the sites that did allow US players to continue playing are not doing enough advertising to attract them.

Fish can't deposit at all until they have a new deposit method available to them and even then will they want to deposit after having their money stuck in neteller for 6 months?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exaggerate much?

Neil S 02-01-2007 08:29 PM

It's silly how some people conflate the end of Neteller with the end of online poker.

But it's time to sue Neteller if you've got money in there, definitely.

PokerBonusWhore 02-01-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But it's time to sue Neteller if you've got money in there, definitely.

[/ QUOTE ]

They haven't said we aren't going to get it. If it comes to that point then there will certainly be a MAJOR UPHEAVAL of EPIC PROPORTION....

Mr. Orange 02-01-2007 08:36 PM

never was able to my EFT cancelled. I guess I'm [censored]

KurtSF 02-01-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Talk about close ... I got the last of my cash off of their filthy site yesterday!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a bit of karmic justice, I only needed 2 more hours to get my money into poker sites the day they shut that down and all my monies got trapped.

I just P2Ped the last of it out 2 hours ago. Holy [censored]!

Neil S 02-01-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They haven't said we aren't going to get it. If it comes to that point then there will certainly be a MAJOR UPHEAVAL of EPIC PROPORTION....

[/ QUOTE ]
People who have no plans to give you your money back, usually don't TELL you they have no plans to give you your money back.

But I don't see how this is a major anything. They're not the first bank to fail or, alternately, the first crooks to run off with people's money. Yes, it's hurtful to the victims but beyond them, life goes on.

Post-Oak 02-01-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They haven't said we aren't going to get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to be able to read between the lines. Nothing they have said thus far makes logical sense.

Obviously, they simply don't have the funds available. Either they are having a problem of liquidity (hopefully) or the money has been spent.

You can not trust anything they tell you, considering that so far it has all been obvious lies.

sg23 02-01-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI A US-based fish friend of mine deposited money into Stars LAST NIGHT with plastic. Not sure if it was credit or debit, but it worked.

But hey, now that Neteller is totally good and gone, might as well try to get people to panic over something else, right?

Arnfinn Madsen 02-01-2007 08:47 PM

So banks can't allow transfers of money since they may be used for poker while guns can be sold .... I guess if any of you get caught playing poker, you can settle for only murder or something other minor if the DA doesn't have good evidence.

Freakin 02-01-2007 08:49 PM

well this is depressing....

NL__Fool 02-01-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exaggerate much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Poker will always be there but it wont be anywhere as good as it used to be without the influx of new fish.

And the influx of new fish is ging to go way down.

PokerBonusWhore 02-01-2007 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They haven't said we aren't going to get it.

[/ QUOTE ]Obviously, they simply don't have the funds available. Either they are having a problem of liquidity (hopefully) or the money has been spent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously they don't have the funds? They have the funds, they just aren't giving it to us for one reason or another.

Post-Oak 02-01-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously they don't have the funds? They have the funds, they just aren't giving it to us for one reason or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I never said they don't have the funds. I said they don't have the funds AVAILABLE. It is at least a liquidity problem, and possibly worse.

Please look up "liquidity" so we don't have to go through this again.

It's kind of funny how people are willing to accept anything Neteller says, no matter how ridiculous and illogical Neteller's lies have been.

Losing all 02-01-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In other news, well played 2+2. These last few days have been epic & it's amazing to see that with all this money changing hands (quite a few million dollars I'm sure) that only 2 people got scammed for a total of $1500.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought this would turn into a huge mess. Well done 2+2

Apathy 02-01-2007 09:26 PM

Damn too bad, I was gonna do as much as I could for people all week (and to make money obv).

Oh well.

BillytheKidd 02-01-2007 09:33 PM

mother f'rs, I finally got my eft cancelled this afternoon and got the transfer set up, left work to come home and make the transfer and BAM. I am really not happy about this. q;erjgbq;erqrukgjnq'erojgnqe'rognqeglkn, so much for riding it out and not panicking, and the thing that is really irritating, is UB has had a lot of fish lately, and I cleared all my bonus dollars that I had been stacking forever, and now I have no way to get more until i get eppass set up. I suck at getting money out of neteller

Grand Master B 02-01-2007 09:37 PM

exact same deal here Billy- unbelievable.

Bukem_ 02-01-2007 09:38 PM

No more anything for this US customer, account closed today.

I managed to get all the money out so it doesn't really matter.

Will probably call them just to see if I can get a copy of all my transactions.

Phenomenon 02-01-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No more anything for this US customer, account closed today.

I managed to get all the money out so it doesn't really matter.

Will probably call them just to see if I can get a copy of all my transactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are Americans with no money left on the accounts allowed to close them now? Or are they still going to be left open for now/forever?

suzy89222 02-01-2007 09:46 PM

im probably moving to new zealand for 9 months in a few months. anyone know if i could get it out there, after i set up a NZ bank account?

kyleb 02-01-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suck at getting money out of neteller

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in good company at least!

Tim Brice 02-01-2007 09:53 PM

I just called the Neteller VIP line and they "regret that they can not take my phone call at this time". I am glad I only have $340 in there because I doubt I will ever see that money. I should not have procrastinated though.

Synergistic Explosions 02-01-2007 10:07 PM

I hope they don't turn over all their US customers money to the DOJ as some sort of settlement offer.

Homer 02-01-2007 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just called the Neteller VIP line and they "regret that they can not take my phone call at this time". I am glad I only have $340 in there because I doubt I will ever see that money. I should not have procrastinated though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The VIP number is worthless. Call the main number and get transferred.