Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   El Diablo forum...SWEET! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317839)

EMc 01-29-2007 05:38 AM

El Diablo forum...SWEET!

Title says it all. Is it like the Sklansky forum where only E; D can post? OR is it fair game? Either way, welcome El D.

nation 01-29-2007 05:48 AM

Re: El Diablo forum...SWEET!

this is easily going to be one of the top forums on 2+2. i look forward to participating.

Emcwilliams,

theres a group of 100 posters who are approved to make posts. after that people can get added.

-nation

El Diablo 01-29-2007 05:57 AM

E,

See sticky, please!

El Diablo 01-29-2007 05:58 AM

nation,

To clarify, those people are approved to START THREADS. Anyone not specifically exiled from the Diablo forum can post there.

diebitter 01-29-2007 05:58 AM

Lol. Looks like my work here is done.

I feel like one of those frontiersmen who aren't welcome once the town's been established.

Ah, well, it's been fun. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

daryn 01-29-2007 05:59 AM

but expect the exile list to grow fast

i hope it doesn't but i'm just being realistic.

El Diablo 01-29-2007 06:05 AM

diebitter,

I only have 100 people picked to start threads. That leaves about 90,000 users to start threads elsewhere.

Jurollo 01-29-2007 06:07 AM

Am I allowed to start threads? Eh? Eh?

El Diablo 01-29-2007 07:07 AM

J and others,

I am not sure if mods automatically can start threads or not. However, please check the list in the sticky to see if you are there. If you aren't, please post in the appropriate thread and I'll get you added to the list. Unless I think your posts suck.

durron597 01-29-2007 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
J and others,

I am not sure if mods automatically can start threads or not. However, please check the list in the sticky to see if you are there. If you aren't, please post in the appropriate thread and I'll get you added to the list. Unless I think your posts suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks like i can get most of the way to posting (though I haven't actually tried to post in respect of the rules)

diebitter 01-29-2007 08:48 AM

So only these 100 can actually post? Ryan went to all that trouble?

wow. Someone loves you, El D.

Ryan Beal 01-29-2007 09:44 AM

Yeah, all mods have the ability to post new threads, but please respect the nature and rules of this forum. You guys should check the list and/or ask to be put on it before starting threads in there.

Everyone is allowed to reply to threads right now, but exiles are enabled for this forum because of the whole concept. Also, I can tell you guys that, while it wasn't very difficult, making sure this forum's special permissions worked with OOT's made it clear to me that this isn't something we would want to be doing for more forums with the current software. Things would become significantly more complex.

4_2_it 01-29-2007 10:13 AM

El D,

Can we expect a tri-annual El D Forum Survivor? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome and GL.

Gildwulf 01-29-2007 10:19 AM

I'm not on the list:(

diebitter 01-29-2007 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Forum wars?

Meh, probably too early.

4_2_it 01-29-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Take comfort in the words of Marx:

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MEbenhoe 01-29-2007 10:52 AM

El D,

I've been waiting all week for this forum to be released, awesome to see it here now. And happy to finally have you as a mod, best of luck with the new forum.

Gildwulf 01-29-2007 11:01 AM

btw, welcome El D:) Good to have you as a mod.

*TT* 01-29-2007 11:46 AM

OMG this is funny, will be great for traffic! Great idea!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

diebitter 01-29-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
diebitter,

I only have 100 people picked to start threads. That leaves about 90,000 users to start threads elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fair enough.

Could I respectfully ask that you add something to your sticky to point posters not on your list to the Lounge, if they want to post something they feel might not be suitably addressed in OOT.

I think we'd all benefit then. You'd get no complainers, the Lounge will get some traffic it might not otherwise have, 2+2 benefits, everyone is happy.

Thanks,
diebitter

citanul 01-29-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could I respectfully ask that you add something to your sticky to point posters not on your list to the Lounge, if they want to post something they feel might not be suitably addressed in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

DB,

is your theory that the reason people are not posting in the lounge is they do not know of its existence?

diebitter 01-29-2007 12:18 PM

Not really. There's already accusations of this being an effort to ultimately close The Lounge. I think such an addition to the faq would help ameliorate the situation.

diebitter 01-29-2007 12:42 PM

In fact, may I suggest something further.

El Diablo, could you use your considerable influence among posters to point out to them the 4 forums that are now available for 'other other topics': BBV4Life, OOT, The Lounge, end the EDDF, and give them a good analogy of what these represent? Something like:

B4L - A playground where only the heinous is punished;
OOT - a club where there's lots of activity but strict watching that all is well
The Lounge - A library/common-room open to all where a certain respectfulness is expected
EDDF - A members' club where anyone can wander in, but you will be quickly and permenantly ejected if you step out of line.

All these forums will be confusing to people, and I suggest El Diablo, and perhaps the mods of the bigger forums might wish to set it out something like this. It will be helpful to experienced posters and n00bs alike.

citanul 01-29-2007 12:46 PM

DB,

And if it's an effort to ultimately close the lounge, why should it matter?

I will get right on preparing a FAQ for my forum listing every other strategy forum on 2p2 and what should be posted in each!

I forgot that the users are all mindless cattle who can't read the forum descriptions themselves, or read the stickies at the top of EVERY FORUM explaining what is expected there.

c

Sniper 01-29-2007 01:00 PM

Welcome ElD... its about time you went Green... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

GrannyMae 01-29-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome ElD... its about time you went Green... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently, they will let ANYONE mod.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/blab.gif

ajmargarine 01-29-2007 03:12 PM

Welcome El Diablo.

Mike Haven 01-29-2007 03:30 PM

Good times.

[censored] 01-29-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not really. There's already accusations of this being an effort to ultimately close The Lounge. I think such an addition to the faq would help ameliorate the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you being serious here?

there's no situation, man you quiet zoners are a paranoid bunch.

if anything I should be the one complaining as its pretty obvious my idea for a [censored] forum was stolen and I have been beaten to the market by nefarious means.

4_2_it 01-29-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if anything I should be the one complaining as its pretty obvious my idea for a [censored] forum was stolen and I have been beaten to the market by nefarious means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. I'd look forward to the song lyrics, dating adventures and other ensuing hijinks. If you could get limited permission for limited trainwrecking, then I think it's a can't miss.

Lloyd 01-29-2007 05:00 PM

Long time coming.

Jim Kuhn 01-29-2007 07:59 PM

Welcome El Diablo and good luck with the new forum! Although, with your popularity I don't think you will need much luck.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

private joker 01-29-2007 10:11 PM

El D -- now you're black! Does this give you [censored]-like powers, or is it just that you don't want to be lumped in with the normal mods? I don't normally see you as the morbid, genocidal mod type that the black color connotes. [censored] fits that bill far better IMO.

Sniper 01-29-2007 10:15 PM

PJ,

The 4 ElDiablo forum mods are now black...

citanul 01-29-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PJ,

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this pretty weak/stupid myself. I even found it pretty weak/stupid when censored was black, but at least he didn't have a forum.

Ryan Beal 01-29-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PJ,

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, it doesn't really mean anything. This just seemed like a fun thing to do. I asked a few of them about it, and they approved.

Ryan Beal 01-29-2007 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I find this pretty weak/stupid myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I don't find it lame, but if it is I wouldn't want to keep it this way for long. I had this idea after reading one of the posts in the new forum.

SackUp:
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, it is odd to see you in Green. Might I suggest you take a [censored] approach and go black, brown, or other color that sets you off as an individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

nation 01-29-2007 10:33 PM

I don't like it either, only because a lot of people are perceiving the forum as something for the "elite" and as a result are complaining about it in other forums. This is a bad move imo.

Ryan Beal 01-29-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it either, only because a lot of people are perceiving the forum as something for the "elite".

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not really all that inaccurate, though. If people want to complain about that, that's fine. But the black names mean almost nothing compared to the permissions stuff. It's just a color... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'm reminded by something Mat always used to say. Sometimes you guys take this stuff too seriously. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it can be surprising sometimes.

nation 01-29-2007 10:39 PM

Ryan,

of course it means nothing whether they're black or not...my reason for saying anything has no personal problem with it.

i'm just saying there's a lot of people misunderstanding the point of the forum, it's elite for the right reasons but not meant to exclude people, only people that are bad posters.

what i'm saying is maybe good posters might be less inclined to participate if they think its "el diablo and friends" like someone said in a bbv thread.

anyways, it might be negligible, whatever, i thought it was great when [censored] was black. just seemed an odd decision is all.

-nation