Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Ballin on a Budget? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310340)

good2cu 01-19-2007 11:46 PM

Ballin on a Budget?

With the recent changes to online poker in America I think I might not be able to mantain my 20k a month in expenses. Any tips for ballain on a budget?

good2cu 01-19-2007 11:47 PM

Re: Ballin on a Budget?

Also is there any decent champange for under $100?

McShove 01-19-2007 11:48 PM

no more ballin for me. i signed up for the LSAT today. GG online poker. hello law school!

Chicago 01-19-2007 11:49 PM

I hear water is cheap, no?

kyleb 01-19-2007 11:50 PM

ballin' on a budget is by definition not ballin' at all. rethink your position.

Chicago 01-19-2007 11:50 PM

Ramon Noodles for Ballas?

DopamineRelease 01-19-2007 11:51 PM

g2cu - do you still have most of your br on FTP? Have you withdrew any $ - just curious to know what High stakes players are doing.

Also can ballin on a budget even be done?

Chicago 01-19-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ballin' on a budget is by definition not ballin' at all. rethink your position.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tought to say really. I mean if he has to give up champaigne or doing coke off strippas what would you choose? I mean strippas have kids too.

good2cu 01-19-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
g2cu - do you still have most of your br on FTP? Have you withdrew any $ - just curious to know what High stakes players are doing.

Also can ballin on a budget even be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

ask good2cu anything theard is in STTF. once in a lifetime opprunity hurry.

I pretty much busted my ftp account. 40k on ftp and the rest offline.

grando 01-19-2007 11:56 PM

you have to improvise:

instead of blow do crystal meth

instead of hookers plow cousins

instead of bmws drive the bus

2. ???
3. PROFIT

mpitts 01-19-2007 11:59 PM

Hunt's Ketchup and cereal in a bag..

HOLLA

lacrymosa 01-20-2007 12:03 AM

move to canada

pocketjesuits 01-20-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also is there any decent champange for under $100?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. Drinking Dom without developing a taste for different champagnes seems pretty ridiculous.

Bollinger, Jacquart and Taittinger are some that get high ratings despite being under $50.

And if you're going to go baller, at least try Krug.

good2cu 01-20-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no more ballin for me. i signed up for the LSAT today. GG online poker. hello law school!

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. This may be my futrue also.

bonds 01-20-2007 12:12 AM

Champagne of beers ftw?

good2cu 01-20-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Champagne of beers ftw?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm intresting thought. Jay-Z now drinks bud light. Maybe the SHBs call also?

schundler 01-20-2007 12:23 AM

why not just play live poker?

straate 01-20-2007 12:26 AM

thank god i just moved to sweden so my neteller still works [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

kkcountry 01-20-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not just play live poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

the games are too small

Chump Change 01-20-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. This may be my futrue also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow... I doubt it.

tboss888 01-20-2007 12:31 AM

What are the pros plans if online poker goes busto? Real job or live poker?

nubs 01-20-2007 12:33 AM

I wouldn't call it good, but its definitely budget

http://chronicle.augusta.com/images/..._Champagne.jpg

xadrez 01-20-2007 12:57 AM

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...evancouver.jpg

good2cu 01-20-2007 12:58 AM

I have never drank any cheap aclchol before. Does it still get you drunk?

felix83 01-20-2007 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even know how big a beat this is.

nubs 01-20-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never drank any cheap aclchol before. Does it still get you drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

It still gets you drunk but it also makes you ANGRY

Gary The Retard 01-20-2007 01:03 AM

good2cu

you are an awful human being

dankhank 01-20-2007 01:10 AM

learn to cook
mixed drinks instead of wine

johnnyrocket 01-20-2007 01:12 AM

no ballin on a budget

johnnyrocket 01-20-2007 01:12 AM

play some live poker if u can

johnnyrocket 01-20-2007 01:15 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Evenkeal 01-20-2007 01:40 AM

IME I have faced similar problems when my income wasn't covering my baller expenses. Here's what I remember:

1. If you are into buying girls, shop around and talk to people (friends, girls, pimps). Often there are girls that look nicer, are cheaper, and cleaner (all 3) than what you are getting now. Shopping around here you can easily save quite a bit.

1b. Also get in the habit of adding phone numbers to your cellphone. When I lost all my money I wish I had the 200 peoples' numbers I really didn't give a [censored] about before when I was ballin. (I have a good memory, so I was using that; by the time I forgot a number I probably didn't care enough) Normal ("free") girls takes more time but it is probably worth it if you can incorporate it into your lifestyle (it requires alot of work if you want to maintain a stable; not for everyone obv) One thing that really helped me was travelling alot (it sounds like it would hurt, but it helps.) Lets you meet more people and makes your interactions faster between people because there is a huge time constraint. Also its nice to travel and especially revisit places with your foot already in the door. One nice aftereffect (for me) about travelling is that you don't waste time and some of that lifestyle carries over to your 'normal' life.

2. I like dom alot personally but (to answer your question) <u>there is also another champagne I like that is only ~$60, called Moet Shandon</u> (spelling?) I know in Ontario its pretty much impossible to get a discount on liquor with the high taxes, but explore the options in your area and possibly have someone that can get you cheap (stolen? if you like that angle) liquor. Depending on how much you spend on liquor this could be huge.

3. Take time to explore your options with income (eg. chase fish on other websites) I know someone that makes a bit more than 20k a month playing alot of midstakes hands on Stars. His earnings shot up by almost double by using sixthsense and/or playing on smaller sites, while playing the same amount each month.

4. Propbet more against durrr and raptor, from what I have read they are fish in that dept.

Best,
EK

edit: actually, i would memorize a phone number, then associate it with the related person, then reassociate their personality with the number. now when i think about numbers (like, say.. 18 or 37) i actually think about personalities at the same time, because I memorize numbers in clumps (like 3. 1415 9265 35 8979 3238 4626 433 832 79) it's pretty cool.

drexah 01-20-2007 02:00 AM

so [censored] amazed at this post above me...

Injection 01-20-2007 02:06 AM

Evenkeal, you try too hard.

Good2cu, move somewhere nice. This obviously rules out America.

Evenkeal 01-20-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so [censored] amazed at this post above me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cue old pictures of me in 3... 2....

Evenkeal 01-20-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
move somewhere nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a definite idea because you could probably retire now with the money you have now living in some other country

the problem is you become much more detached from your friends. also, you may find it frustrating living in countries where english is not spoken very well. whats the point of ballin' if you don't have any people similar to you around?

Injection 01-20-2007 02:19 AM

Last time I checked, there were a few places where English is the predominantly spoken language.

As for friends, I'd wager that most of the online high stakes "ballas" have very few outside of the online realm.

Besides, who needs friends when you can buy all the hoes you want?

*BTW, don't move somewhere outside the US to retire.. That defeats the purpose. You're moving to continue playing so you can maintain the balla lifestyle.

Evenkeal 01-20-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last time I checked, there were a few places where English is the predominantly spoken language.

As for friends, I'd wager that most of the online high stakes "ballas" have very few outside of the online realm.
Besides, who needs friends when you can buy all the hoes you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are language factors that are hard to explain. For example, in Singapore, most people speak Singlish, which is a creole of English and other languages. Its true that people in Singapore for the most part speak English, and you can understand them. But it is not at all the same as speaking to someone that has been living in USA/Canada.

As for no friends, this is decidedly untrue. Almost all people have a good collection of people they talk to (acquaintances, friends, more.) Also, what about family?

As for the possibility of hookers, this does not fufill other needs that he (good2cu) or anyone would have.

I'd be inclined to recommend a permanent residence in another country if he (g2cu) was in a very long-term relationship, or married. I know a couple of couples that have done this and the results have been good.

EK

adanthar 01-20-2007 02:38 AM

jebus this is what I am talking about in the thread I posted. you're 20 years old, and you have a 20K/month spending budget with nothing saved up and no contingency plan. it's balling all right, in exactly the same way as a rookie in the NBA averaging 4 points a game.

I mean, you were a fun guy at STTF, but cmon, you have to have some kind of plan when you're dealing with that much money, one that doesnt involve Dom and Spearmint Rhino.

btw it's more than possible to still make tons of cash a month with far far less effort than ever before, neteller or no neteller.

Bill King 01-20-2007 02:41 AM

holla if you are a poker balla and still kept in school!!!

you laughed at us before for wasting time in class that could be a lot of moneys but now we are taking over!!