Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Top 3 players you'd prefer to never see on TV again (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304650)

KSOT 01-12-2007 07:48 AM

Top 3 players you\'d prefer to never see on TV again

David Grey

He's boring, he rambles, he's a weaktight nit, he is unpleasant to look at, he brings nothing of value to any program he's on, and he appears to be constipated >75% of the time. Whenever he spend a million years squinting his eyes over some completely trivial decision I want to gouge them out.

Sean Sheikhan

Don't know if I spelled it right, don't care. This lowlife clown can barely speak proper English, is unbearably annoying, and he has the maturity level of a 7 year old. So he made it pretty deep in the main event ONCE. Big freaking deal! Now we have to deal with him on every invitational show out there like he's some sort of accomplished and deserving professional? **** that. Keep our beloved programs stocked with real pros please.

Men Nguyen

Aside from his well known crummy demeanor and unethical practices, I could barely stand to look at him during the 2005 USPC with those freakish solitary hairs coming out of his face in all directions. Luck shmuck... shave them strands and look normal for the cameras please.

Honorable mention: Jaime Gold, Mark Seif and Jean Robert Bellande.

Gobias Ind. 01-12-2007 09:14 AM

Re: Top 3 players you\'d prefer to never see on TV again

Magril

JoaoPinto 01-12-2007 09:17 AM

Eric Molina

blankoblanco 01-12-2007 09:39 AM

What's wrong with Mark Seif and Bobby Bellande? I like them.

For me it'd have to be: Annie Duke, Patty Gallagher (oh my god, she is so scary... she reminds me of planet of the apes), and Tiffany Williamson, because she made me scream at the TV so hard.

DayTripping 01-12-2007 11:18 AM

Carlos Mortensen. Just looking at him puts me to sleep.

Poker is Rigged 01-12-2007 03:34 PM

Eric Molina, Tony G, Cindy Violette

dStrangefate 01-12-2007 04:16 PM

Well, probably, the answer would be one of the WSOP clowns that show up every year like Molina or Nobles, but typically you never have to see them again anyhow being flukes.

Among the pros I'd say:

Erick Lindgren - Nothing wrong with him, he just bores me tremendously. I find neither his play nor his interviews even vaguely interesting. I watch his play with the same enthusiasm I do amateurs I've never seen before.

David Williams - An arrogant over-aggro prick that I could do without. Lately, he's as big a jerk as Arieh and similar guys, but without any of the entertainment appeal.

Mark Seif - Dull and--after listening to his awful commentary on the PPT--extremely annoying.

Others pros I don't care to watch: Chris Bigler, Tom Franklin, Mike Mizrachi, Steve Zolotow, Prahlad Friedman, Gavin Smith, Robert Bellande

Note that this has nothing to do with how they play for the most part. I don't mind watching second-rate players if they're somewhat interesting. Some top solid players like Lindgren, on the other hand, make me want to fall asleep.

Brad1970 01-12-2007 06:34 PM

1. Tony G because of his mouth.

2. Paul Magriel irks me with that thing he constantly does with his tongue especially when considering his next move.

3. Tom Franklin just look sleazy...with or without his pecker on somebody's back.

True North 01-12-2007 08:58 PM

Tony G, Humberto Brenes and Sheiky.

HSB 01-12-2007 10:24 PM

I have to stop at three?

HSB 01-12-2007 10:33 PM

Sheiky: Obnoxiously stupidly annoying and not good enough to make up for it.

Jerry Buss: Boring as all hell and one of the few players on TV I honestly think I could beat.

Hellmuth: A whiny little crybaby. Even when he's right I find it impossible to take his side.

SuperUberBob 01-12-2007 11:56 PM

There are so many annoying players to pick:

1. Shawn Sheikan - Already mentioned
2. Phil Hellmuth - Already mentioned
3. [insert quiet, boring, emotionless poker player here]

alphatmw 01-13-2007 12:05 AM

david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey david grey

Wolitzer 01-13-2007 03:14 AM

Brenes, Gold and Molina. Thankfully, as has been said before, doubt we'll be seeing much of Molina in the future anyway.

"Bad Girl" Pham also annoys me for some reason, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Photoc 01-13-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Magril

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad teeth, shabby haircut, dropping nose, and that annoying "Quack Quack" doesn't appeal to you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Slim Pickens 01-13-2007 04:44 AM

Nguyen and Grey make my list too. Sheikhan I like on TV because I like seeing bad guys lose, and he loses a lot. The same goes for Bellande.

Mark Seif makes me bored and pissed off all at once. Jamie Gold just pisses me off without really adding any entertainment value.

The worst is good old X22. The tounge thing might not be his fault, but I swear if he ever says the word "quack" more than once in my presence, I'll staple his scalp to the table.

illusion 01-13-2007 05:54 AM

Jamie Gold - Shut up, play poker, and quit patting yourself on the back everytime you win a hand where the deck was set against your opponent.

Paul Magriel - Quit it with the tongue already!

Phil Hellmuth - Grow up and learn some social skills to go along with your "genius" poker play

Tuco 01-13-2007 06:16 AM

Wow, lots of hate for Grey. I actually like him. He talks way too much for sure, but comes up with the odd beauty.

Matusow: "How much you got left there Jerry?"
Buss: "about 7k"
Grey: "and the lakers"

The other funny comment was sarcastically telling matusow that he wins coin flips "like half the time."

Top 3 I never want to see again:

1. Kathy Liebert - Maybe it's cause I have played some with her and she is as whiny as they come. Everything is about how bad her luck is or how bad the other players are. No personality.

2. Amir Nasseri - So annoying. Tried way too hard to be a cool poker player.

3. Chris Bigler - Everyone hates the dutch. Creepy guy with that dutch air of superiority. Bad combo.

Honorable mention: Bonetti

Players that I want to see more of:

1. Layne Flack - has the "anything can happen" thing going for him like Matusow.

2. Billy Baxter - Anyone that has made a living for 50 years from poker and sports betting has tons of good stories.

3. Alan Goehring - Just for the post-flop lessons alone.

Tuco.

poker_n00b 01-13-2007 06:22 AM

yeh that "half the time" matusow wins his flips comment was pretty good actually. along with other comments, i start to like him actually.

plus he unnitted himseld a lil bit after 3betting KJ offsuit lol.

poker_n00b 01-13-2007 06:23 AM

Chris Bigler is from Switzerland.

LandonM 01-13-2007 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
David Grey

He's boring, he rambles, he's a weaktight nit, he is unpleasant to look at, he brings nothing of value to any program he's on, and he appears to be constipated >75% of the time. Whenever he spend a million years squinting his eyes over some completely trivial decision I want to gouge them out.

Sean Sheikhan

Don't know if I spelled it right, don't care. This lowlife clown can barely speak proper English, is unbearably annoying, and he has the maturity level of a 7 year old. So he made it pretty deep in the main event ONCE. Big freaking deal! Now we have to deal with him on every invitational show out there like he's some sort of accomplished and deserving professional? **** that. Keep our beloved programs stocked with real pros please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LMAO'ed.
Agree 110% for precisely the same reasons.

Tuco 01-13-2007 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Bigler is from Switzerland.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. He impersonates the Dutch very well.

Tuco.

Turn Prophet 01-13-2007 06:56 AM

Jamie Gold, Jamie Gold, and Jamie Gold... guy comes off as 100% douchebag.

Seriously though, I would say Jamie Gold, Prahlad Friedman, and Dutch Boyd.

I can't believe all the Grey haters in this thread. That guy's hilarious.

Self Made 01-13-2007 01:00 PM

Tony G and Shawn Sheikhan. Especially Tony G. He's so offensive the makers of invitational TV shows should boycott him. Ever see him on Intercontinental Poker Championship? Worst display of sportsmanship I've ever seen. Except maybe Mike Tyson biting that guy's ear off.

Suigin406 01-13-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eric Molina

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry, we'll prolly never see this prick again...add sheiky and nasseri...

i wouldn't mind seeing the arrogant gold cuz there's no way he's getting hit with the deck like that again and his "true" skills prolly aren't very good, so i'd just like to see him get embarassed...

MicroBob 01-13-2007 07:37 PM

Humberto Brenes's antics and singing really bug me.

That 'shark' thing when he was all cocky about his aces was pretty classless.

His singing as he was walking around in the 2002 WPO (the one before it was on WPT) was pretty pathetic.

And I guess his voice just grates on me.

ed8383 01-13-2007 10:32 PM

How can anyone say they don't want to see Captain Tom Franklin on tv again?? specially after the whole Brandi fiasco?

theman 01-14-2007 04:20 AM

1.) BOB STUPAK - i think his combination of slowness, weirdness, and bland play make him pretty boring...he tends to just slow a game down for me.

2.) Paul McGriel - the guy who says "quack quack" all the time...annoying.

3.) David Grey - his tightness is unbearable....it's outrageous actually....

-TheMan

(On the other hand, I could watch Clonie Gowen, Daniel Negreanu, and Mike Matusow any time...for various reasons)

Harmonium 01-14-2007 12:38 PM

1) Kathy Liebert - annoying, hard to look at, and that voice is awful.

Quack) Paul Magriel - for reasons already mentioned.

3) TJ Cloutier and Mel Judah - just don't like to watch these guys at all, boring. I know TJ's well-respected but he seems overrated to me. But that's probably just my perception.

zackywoods29 01-14-2007 12:56 PM

Paul Mcgriel- He never wins and hes quack quack and double quack is really annoying and hes just ugly to look at.

Jeff Shulman- just bugs me in general he really doesnt need to play poker he has so much money from card player and hes not that great.

David Grey- hes a know it all he is very boring nobody cares when they interview him or his house. They sent a camera to his house once i think it was last year for PS2 nobody cares how many dogs he has or about his wife.

jk3a 01-14-2007 03:10 PM

david grey, fo sho

moving shapes 01-14-2007 07:36 PM

Sean Sheikhan
Humberto Brenes
David Williams

Eponymous 01-14-2007 07:50 PM

Add me to the pro-David Grey camp. He's interesting, funny, and never shows anyone up. He is one of the few guys that talks a lot that doesn't bother me. His talk isn't about how great he is or how bad someone else is.

I would say I would never want to see players like Hellmuth, Matusow, and Sheiky on tv again, but I enjoy it too much when they are made to look ridiculous, like on the last season of HSP.

So my picks are Josh Arieh (obvious reasons), David Williams (too smug), and every Molina-type player who chooses to be a major douchebag with his 15 minutes of fame.

Chaoslord 01-14-2007 07:55 PM

im a bit surprised noone has mentioned annie duke so far, her table talk is sooo annoying and boring

NotFadeAway 01-20-2007 04:18 AM

1. Tony G.
2. Tony G.
3. Tony G.

Dude's an idiot and disgrace to poker.

LouBlue 01-20-2007 10:29 AM

Tony G

Phil H

Mike M

I prefer to watch the good sports play and win. I actually feel for Mike M. He has some serious issues. I wish he could win, pay off his debts, and then have the discipline to get out while he's ahead. ...; for good.

theman 01-20-2007 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im a bit surprised noone has mentioned annie duke so far, her table talk is sooo annoying and boring

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that Annie Duke is way up there on the list too...generally, she's been Phil Hellmuth like in her whining and manners.

-TheMan

Jbrochu 01-20-2007 12:16 PM

Sheiky, Leibert, Gold.

theman 01-20-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tony G

Phil H

Mike M

I prefer to watch the good sports play and win. I actually feel for Mike M. He has some serious issues. I wish he could win, pay off his debts, and then have the discipline to get out while he's ahead. ...; for good.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, Mike is an addict by his own admission, but he also believes he's the most unlucky player in world. i have seen a lot of bad beats he's taken over and over, so i can see where he's just been running bad too (esp. online).

on other hand...Gus Hansen seems to get so many lucky miracle cards ...(another topic altogether though)...

but yeah, Mike ought to consider another profession if he keeps losing like that in another 3-4 years...

-TheMan

SuperUberBob 01-20-2007 12:18 PM

How'd I miss Jamie Gold on my list?

Damn, tack him on.