Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   pinny pull out? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303770)

Artdogg 01-11-2007 05:39 AM

pinny pull out?

cant log into my account from where i am but heard they pulled out, can anyone confirm this? terrible news obviously if true

Bishop22 01-11-2007 06:03 AM

Re: pinny pull out?

Effective Immediately...

After careful consideration, Pinnacle Sports have chosen to voluntarily exit the U.S. market. Accordingly, wagers will no longer be accepted from clients within the U.S. as of Thursday, January 11, 2007. Those clients who are affected will be required to withdraw their balances using the Cashier of their account.

We assure all our clients your balances are available and Pinnacle will continue providing our international clients our same great value.

Bishop22 01-11-2007 06:04 AM

Obv Mass suicide may commence..

Thremp 01-11-2007 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obv Mass suicide may commence..

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

MyTurn2Raise 01-11-2007 06:07 AM

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

MyTurn2Raise 01-11-2007 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Pinnacle Sports' Client,

Effective Immediately….

Please note that any wagers currently pending in your account will be honored by Pinnacle Sports. As your wagers are graded, you may use the Cashier of your account to request any balance due.

You may, of course, use your Cashier now to request a withdrawal for your current balance.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Pinnacle Sports

[/ QUOTE ]

MyTurn2Raise 01-11-2007 06:12 AM

where do we go from here?

Bishop22 01-11-2007 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada?

Thremp 01-11-2007 06:17 AM

Guys chill. Its a hacker... Just a sick sick jopke. Atleast I'm telling myself that so I don't cry.

Bishop22 01-11-2007 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously that was a joke when I typed it, but wow, I really do have to move. Should affect my income by about ~80K. [censored], I'm just kinda sitting here stunned, I was just getting ready to put my early bets when the racebook opened at 5am, now I probably won't sleep anyway.

Thremp 01-11-2007 06:26 AM

Sweet. I'm stuck here ATM until I can dip out. Oh well.

MyTurn2Raise 01-11-2007 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not allowed in Canada [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

huskadoma20 01-11-2007 06:29 AM

that hacker theory has some validity.Why would they pull out of such a huge market on the fly, unless they were absolutely forced to, and why havent the other books immediately followed suit.

Losing all 01-11-2007 06:35 AM

Horrible news. I hope this isn't the real begining of the end.

beetman 01-11-2007 07:03 AM

People have emailed them to ask if it's true and gotten emailed replies saying it is.

pokergrader 01-11-2007 07:08 AM

This kinda sucks.

Artdogg 01-11-2007 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Horrible news. I hope this isn't the real begining of the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, pinny is one of 2 i thought would be here forever (the other being wsex) what can we expect now from 5dimes,greek,bodog etc?

BDaws 01-11-2007 07:15 AM

Why did everyone think Pinny would be here forever?

Bishop22 01-11-2007 07:37 AM

Monies hit neteller already FWIW.

beetman 01-11-2007 07:38 AM

Moderators at SBR have posted the contents of the emails they've received from Pinnacle on the SBR forum, if anyone's curious.

Artdogg 01-11-2007 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cause, contrary to popular belief, the US doesnt own the world

NhlNut 01-11-2007 07:45 AM

current balance = $666
Cursed.
F***.

Anyone else know where I can get dime NHL lines?

Bishop22 01-11-2007 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cause, contrary to popular belief, the US doesnt own the world

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but we run the mother [censored].

beetman 01-11-2007 07:59 AM

I don't know of anywhere. Your best bet is offers on exchanges.

Utah 01-11-2007 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cant log into my account from where i am but heard they pulled out, can anyone confirm this? terrible news obviously if true

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]. Holy crap.

WaimanaloSlim 01-11-2007 08:47 AM

If I said a year ago that I was going to live in a country whose government banned certain internet transactions and sites, everyone would've guessed any number of backward, authoritarian, commie, f-cknut states.

homeslice 01-11-2007 09:08 AM

This is a very sad day! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

duvvard 01-11-2007 09:13 AM

unbelievable, un-[censored]--believable

AHYCAHCYAHYCAYAHYA

Utah 01-11-2007 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a very sad day! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I worry others are going to follow suit, esp. after the superbowl.

scorer 01-11-2007 09:27 AM

the question is why would they do this and whats with this timing. Something happened that made this decision so abrupt.

beetman 01-11-2007 09:53 AM

I mentioned this on the RX as well, but the part that strikes me as oddest is the fact that they had only one clerk answering the phones who seemed to have no idea what was going on. If you're going to make such a sudden, earth-shattering announcement, you should have enough informed clerks on duty to answer people's questions.

1-Lucky-SOB 01-11-2007 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I worry others are going to follow suit, esp. after the superbowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

My worry is when the others do it after the superbowl, they will take the $$$ and run.

brendanb438 01-11-2007 10:21 AM

Unreal.

The real question. Why did Pinny instantly pull out of the US market? They know something we don't. When other books find this info out what will they do?

-Brendan

NoSoup4U 01-11-2007 10:36 AM

I have to go cry now.

New001 01-11-2007 10:37 AM

What are our options? I've got plenty of poker sites to play at, but Pinnacle was really the only site I liked for betting soccer. Is there a way around this with a foreign bank account or something?

Brenner Hayes 01-11-2007 10:58 AM

What the heck do they expect me to do now?!!!! Find something productive to do with my life?!!!! You gotta be shi$%ing me!!!!

Here's the likely progression of my emotional state in reaction to this news: (I don't know if it's going to take hours, days, months, or years to play out.) [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But that's just my life. About the fact that we live in a country that doesn't allow me to make the choice of whether or not I can play at Pinnacle, it will always be: [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] and [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

scorer 01-11-2007 11:15 AM

You have to open an account and have residency in canada or somewhere else/the question is to try and do this. If you open a pinny account with the same name they will want proof of residncy etc..so now is the time to have friends...

New001 01-11-2007 11:19 AM

That's what I was assuming. What complications would there be if a close friend of mine in England were to open a Neteller and Pinny account in his name for me to gamble on in the states?

Utah 01-11-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's what I was assuming. What complications would there be if a close friend of mine in England were to open a Neteller and Pinny account in his name for me to gamble on in the states?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this for party poker and use IP masks to match locations. Zero problems. I would assume the same for pinny. However, I would first worry about the stability of pinny though before I deposited anything there.

Lori 01-11-2007 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unreal.

The real question. Why did Pinny instantly pull out of the US market? They know something we don't. When other books find this info out what will they do?

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that Bodog and WSEX will always be the last two to leave. Both have publically stated that they are breaking no laws and both are owned by people who seem to want to just poke the USA in the eye anyway.

If one of those two ever stops, I think it will all stop.

FWIW I think that all americans should consider leaving $1 in their Pinnacle accounts so that they can still access the dynamic displays.

Lori