Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ALL MY ACCOUNTS WERE HACKED INTO (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300864)

Skipolo 01-07-2007 06:56 PM

ALL MY ACCOUNTS WERE HACKED INTO

I would like to take this opportunity to reach out to the twoplustwo community and ask for help. My accounts have been compromised and $ has been stolen.

BACKSTORY:

I believe I know who the suspected villain is. A few days ago I was having a conversation with HoldemGod( Avatar is Homer Simpson) from Stars on AOL Instant Messenger. I had spoken with him from time to time for about 2-3 weeks. He asked me to look over some hands for him, but unfortunately, I was absent minded and DL'ed what I thought was HH's but rather it was an EXE file. This allowed HoldemGod to plant a trojan virus or a keytracker virus on my computer.

This morning all but $470 in funds were gone from my neteller. All were sent to Full Tilt Merchant. I just emailed Full Tilt to find out which account these funds were sent into as they are not in my account (which is Rojosox) The funds here were $25,200. ALSO, this person who hacked my stars account and was asking everyone to trade $ from Stars to Full Tilt. I have found out that this person successfully transfered $25000 to $tinger88 and $tinger88 (whose AIM I do have) transferred the $25k on Full Tilt to eddiefelsonn If you know who this player is please help me. For some weird reason there are still funds in my pokerstars account. I have just sent an email off to Stars and asked them to freeze my account. I sent them 3 emails in the last hour and no email has been returned. This person also got into my aol account because they "new" emails of the transfer were in the "recently deleted" I ask any and all of you for your help on this matter. I want to know what I can do to 1. Retrieve all funds stolen and 2. Go about prosecuting who I believe has my funds.

I apologize for the non thoroughness of this message but I am in a state of shock right now.

Also, if someone could email stars and tell them this story I would appreciate it just in case he had support@pokerstars.com blocked OR had any email i sent there to be redirected elsewhere.

Thank you for your time,
Jared

tcorbin16 01-07-2007 07:00 PM

Re: ALL MY ACCOUNTS WERE HACKED INTO

holy [censored] skip this is terrible....

gl w/ this man

Stinger88 01-07-2007 07:07 PM

Yah...so I was 4 tabling today, 2 of which were Stars 25/50, and Skipolo is at one, at least I thought. He says hi to me and then asks if I want to do a trade, and since I'm a bit low on Stars I'm all for it....so he sends first and then says to send to his friend EddieFelsonn on FT. I should've realized something was up but I was concentrating on my games and not thinking, so I got the money on Stars and then sent on FT.....so then Skip IM's me and tells me everything that happened....I emailed FT about this also hopefully they can resolve it, gl skip.

HERE_2_gamble_ 01-07-2007 07:08 PM

Sick a similar thing happened to me, they hacked into my account and deposited money from my c/c and then withdrew to netteller and moneybookers. get on the phone emails are a waste of time... mine was 7/8k$ GL

shaniac 01-07-2007 07:10 PM

Man this really [censored] blows. I got scammed by a fake dariominieri for 1500, and that sucked. This sounds about 20x worse.

I dunno what the moral of the story is, "never trust anyone" maybe?

Ansky 01-07-2007 07:11 PM

holy [censored] dude

Rekrul 01-07-2007 07:24 PM

Not that this is a great time to make a joke but.

Doesn't this belong in BBV?

Entity 01-07-2007 07:28 PM

A repost (maybe helpful) of what I posted in BBV:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to hear about this story, but I have to be at least slightly skeptical here. Stinger is a very well known player who has a good repuation, and is also a co-owner of Cardrunners. I really just don't think he would ruin his repuation forever and disgrace his business for what is about 1 buyin at his normal games.

I think what's more likely is that someone transfered to him to either hide who they are, or he believed that it was actually you transfering him the money for some reason.

This post is another post that makes me worried, but I guess the best thing to do is just be careful what you download, and never keep very much money in any online site or Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're misunderstanding the post. The person successfully transferred $$ to Stinger88 as part of the way of getting the money off of the site. Stinger88 was duped in the same way that Skipolo was.

Skip's account is hacked, and the hacker then asks Skip's friends (other high stakes players) if they will do a money swap. He sends the $25k to their Stars account, and they send $25k to the FT account: however, the FT account is the account of the hacker, and not the account of Skipolo.

This really sucks, Skip. One of the big recommendations on this that I would look into is having a separate computer dedicated just to poker, and don't install AIM/whatever else on it. Keep it updated with security updates, and install the following programs:

1) Keepass - for password management.
2) Kaspersky antivirus.
3) DiamondCS ProcessGuard - helps prevent against rootkits and keyloggers.
4) Spybot S&D antispyware software.

This is just a pretty cursory bit of advice, but it'll certainly help high-profile targets such as yourself from being hacked in the future.

In the meantime, get a hold of FT support and Stars support ASAP.

Rob

Rekrul 01-07-2007 07:33 PM

Oh you did post it in BBV

Yeah if this happened to me I would spend a year of my life trying to hunt the person down and kill them.

If I failed for a year I'd probably give up and try to build a roll again.

Skipolo 01-07-2007 07:35 PM

No email I have sent in the last 2 hours has been replied to by Full Tilt OR Stars which leads me to believe that the hacker is misdirecting my emails. I would appreciate if more than one person would email them with this story. I'd love to contact stars and full tilt by phone but I don't know what #s to call because they dont offer phone support. Is there any emergency #'s I can call? Please for the love of god help me in this dire situation. I appreciate your support and sentiments.

-Jared

shaniac 01-07-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No email I have sent in the last 2 hours has been replied to by Full Tilt OR Stars which leads me to believe that the hacker is misdirecting my emails. I would appreciate if more than one person would email them with this story. I'd love to contact stars and full tilt by phone but I don't know what #s to call because they dont offer phone support. Is there any emergency #'s I can call? Please for the love of god help me in this dire situation. I appreciate your support and sentiments.

-Jared

[/ QUOTE ]

Open up a new email account and send support emails. Explain to them the whole situation, including your screenname and original email address. Stars should get back to you quickly. FTP probably not as quickly.

James282 01-07-2007 07:39 PM

I'm just thanking god the guy was too retarded to chimp dump the rest of it off to himself.

James

Entity 01-07-2007 07:46 PM

I mentioned this to James but some of you high(er) stakes players on FT should really band together to get the name/cell# of players that actually have influence there. This is happening too often, and it really shouldn't take as much effort as it does to get a hold of FT support. With some of you guys sitting at up to 2/4 and being a big draw for the site overall, it really shouldn't take much bitching to establish a quick connection with their security departments.

Rob

kyleb 01-07-2007 08:17 PM

HSNL Players:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&nt=6

Please read this. I wrote it during the first hacking craze and wish that it would get more exposure.

Rekrul 01-07-2007 08:20 PM

kyleb thats a great post, thanks

Paul B. 01-07-2007 08:24 PM

I am surprised that both Stars and Full Tilt approved the transfers. Eddiefelsonn was probably logged in from his own IP (unless he set up VPN on Rojo's computer) and the first step to prevent fraud like this is a simple IP check.

Dustin D 01-07-2007 08:25 PM

In all honestly I think this is pretty irresponsible of stinger, and if there is a loss I believe he is at least partially responsible. Dont send 15k to somebody, especially there buddy without being positive it isnt a scam.

Skipolo 01-07-2007 08:28 PM

UPDATE: Stars NOR Full Tilt has replied to any of my responses that were sent 3 hours ago. Also, a few people have tried to email them for me and those responses have been met with nothing. PLEASE PLEASE email stars and have the account Skipolo FROZEN ASAP.

Ansky 01-07-2007 08:35 PM

from ftp chatbox:

System: Due to an unscheduled outage with our
support email system, it may take longer than usual
for us to respond to your questions and
concerns. Rest assured we are working hard
towards a resolution. We thank you for your
patience.

NicksDad1970 01-07-2007 08:37 PM

I emailed em. GL

bap2086 01-07-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just thanking god the guy was too retarded to chimp dump the rest of it off to himself.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

when he stole my info he chip dumped on partypoker and they emailed me asking me about suspicious handplay. and locked everything down once i explained what had happened. its all the same guy and hes gotten more sophisticated with his methods.

he still uses holdumgod as his front man, his access to players who would know/ or are friends of holdumgod. holdum was a friend of mine for years before this happened and he told me on the phone that the guy was even trying to scam people from his school who had nothing to do with poker.

Daleroxxu 01-07-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the first step to prevent fraud like this is a simple IP check.

[/ QUOTE ]

shaniac 01-07-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the first step to prevent fraud like this is a simple IP check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's an IP check and how do u do it?

THE_RED_BARON 01-07-2007 08:45 PM

I play some on a small site called Mansion. I was playing today when someone sat in at the 10-20nl table asking if anyone played on Full Tilt. He was willing to transfer $1200 to some guy on Mansion for $1000 sent to "eddiefelsonn" on Full Tilt. I'm trying to remember his handle on Mansion. He was very eager to make the transfer.

bap2086 01-07-2007 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play some on a small site called Mansion. I was playing today when someone sat in at the 10-20nl table asking if anyone played on Full Tilt. He was willing to transfer $1200 to some guy on Mansion for $1000 sent to "eddiefelsonn" on Full Tilt. I'm trying to remember his handle on Mansion. He was very eager to make the transfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

he moves the money around through many different sites to try and stop the paper trail and mixing the sites screws over their support crews.

the longer u wait the less chance u have of recovering. i realized what had happened a mere 45 minutes after i happened to try and login to neteller and saw it all screwed up. u have to act really fast. otherwise he simply moves the money around through tons of accounts and then gets it off the net.

Skipolo 01-07-2007 08:51 PM

for the love of god, if anyone has more info on holdumgod, phone #s whatever - I need them for police reports etc.

Also Neteller said my $ was transferred to a full tilt merchant but was unable to tell me who. I NEED NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO ON THE PHONE FROM FT ASAP. If ABA OR ANYONE WITH PULL CAN HELP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU! ALSO I NEED STARS TO FREEZE MY ACCOUNT AND AS OF 3 1/2 HOURS AFTER MY EMAILS, AND 6 OTHERS EMAILS TO THEM NOTHING HAS BEEN REPLIED TO. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE IN A DESPERATE SITUATION

shaniac 01-07-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for the love of god, if anyone has more info on holdumgod, phone #s whatever - I need them for police reports etc.

Also Neteller said my $ was transferred to a full tilt merchant but was unable to tell me who. I NEED NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO ON THE PHONE FROM FT ASAP. If ABA OR ANYONE WITH PULL CAN HELP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU! ALSO I NEED STARS TO FREEZE MY ACCOUNT AND AS OF 3 1/2 HOURS AFTER MY EMAILS, AND 6 OTHERS EMAILS TO THEM NOTHING HAS BEEN REPLIED TO. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE IN A DESPERATE SITUATION

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you follow up on the information in my PM?

Edit: Also, forget about prosecuting holdumgod (isnt there a 2p2er by that name, too?) at least for the moment--you'll be lucky to see any money back and should focus on trying sinc you have very little chance of getting him in court.

bap2086 01-07-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you follow up on the information in my PM?

Edit: Also, forget about prosecuting holdumgod (isnt there a 2p2er by that name, too?) at least for the moment--you'll be lucky to see any money back and should focus on trying sinc you have very little chance of getting him in court.

[/ QUOTE ]

holdumgod is not the actual scammer, his account is compromised just as skipolos is. the scammer is from new york state and uses holdumgods aim as a link to players. he impersonates holdumgod.

the guy scammed me awhile ago and still tries to scam me every couple weeks. will msg me on holdums aim name saying hey checkout this hand history. i sent it to mantis etc, then ill ask gb if he got the history he says he knows nothing about it.

i never would accept anything from his account anyways but this is the kinda crap he does. originally he scammed me by sending a poker odds calculator. his latest thing is using this hand history .exe file.

Daliman 01-07-2007 09:05 PM

I think this is pretty clear, but Stinger did nothing wrong at all here beyond not practicing 100% diligence(many of us don't though), and from what Jared has told me, ( we are good friends), Stinger is going above and beyond the call of duty with regards to making this right, should it come down to it. James282 has also stepped up to the plate to offer help, even though he had no involvement in the matter.

It's good to know that no matter how scummy some people in our business can be, there are still MANY upstanding guys.

Skipolo 01-07-2007 09:16 PM

NO EMAILS FROM ANYONE.......PLEASE I NEED AS MANY PEOPLE TO EMAIL STARS/FULL TILT AS POSSIBLE... I HAVE HAD NO LEEWAY FINDING ANY PHONE NUMBERS AND 9 people have already emailed both sites for me. I NEED MY STARS ACCOUNT FROZEN so i can atleast salvage the rest of my $
-Jared

Hercules 01-07-2007 09:18 PM

I have a question, which i already asked PS in my Email:

Why is it so unbelievably easy to make such huge transfer with one klick? Ok, i`m not from HSNL, so maybe these amounts are peanuts for most of you:).
But you can`t just withdraw from any bankaccount etc. a amount of that size with a klick. You have to ID yourself and do several other things.
And if you do, it is pretty easy to trace, thus almost no risk.
Of course a security system would make many easy things complicated, but i think you guys are willing to pay that price.
Did anyone of you contact PS with a similar idea?
I think you have some influence...

shaniac 01-07-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO EMAILS FROM ANYONE.......PLEASE I NEED AS MANY PEOPLE TO EMAIL STARS/FULL TILT AS POSSIBLE... I HAVE HAD NO LEEWAY FINDING ANY PHONE NUMBERS AND 9 people have already emailed both sites for me. I NEED MY STARS ACCOUNT FROZEN so i can atleast salvage the rest of my $
-Jared

[/ QUOTE ]

Bro, the first thing you need to do is calm the [censored] down and stop being hysterical. What happened sucks, but it happened, and your best bet for reversing this disaster is to function rationally and efficiently.

Did you set up a new email account to contact the sites and/or try using that IM address I sent you?

Hercules 01-07-2007 09:20 PM

btw., ever thought of contacting the police etc?!
I mean, thats what you`d do, if somebody break into your appartment, right? AFAIK they have staff for online crimes...

Skipolo 01-07-2007 09:21 PM

That IM address is just some kid with the name fulltiltsupport. That is not FT support. AND THIS IS A TIME SENSITIVE ISSUE SO CALMING DOWN IS NOT HAPPENING WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ALL MY $

kahntrutahn 01-07-2007 09:22 PM

[quotehe told me on the phone that the guy was even trying to scam people from his school who had nothing to do with poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like with all the money you HSNL guys are making (LHE still owns you btw), someone should pool together the funds for a discrete P.I. Find this guy... and [censored] him up

bap2086 01-07-2007 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[quotehe told me on the phone that the guy was even trying to scam people from his school who had nothing to do with poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like with all the money you HSNL guys are making (LHE still owns you btw), someone should pool together the funds for a discrete P.I. Find this guy... and [censored] him up

[/ QUOTE ]

im starting to think holdumgod is working together with this guy from new york state.

he recently busted a 50k roll online. making me extremely suspicious.

kahntrutahn 01-07-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, thats what you`d do, if somebody break into your appartment, right? AFAIK they have staff for online crimes...

[/ QUOTE ]

I had identity theft 4 or 5 years ago... Feds won't even look at a case unless its > 25k... and that was a while back, may be more now.

bap2086 01-07-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had identity theft 4 or 5 years ago... Feds won't even look at a case unless its > 25k... and that was a while back, may be more now.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes and this is involving internet gambling. grey area, etc. only reason why he could possibly go to the police is cause it was in neteller which is a legal merchant.

problem is that its across different states, so it would have to be a federal investigation etc. state agencies dont always work together. big fkin mess.

JMa 01-07-2007 09:33 PM

that sucks. fwiw, i emailed stars support.

jcg2005 01-07-2007 09:49 PM

i received an email back from pokerstars finally this is my email

This is the 2nd email i have sent regarding this situation. Skipolo
wishes to have his acct frozen to prevent further scamming. Thank you in
advance for your speedy reply.

this is their reply
Hello,

Thank you for writing. This situation is now in the hands of our security
department.

Regards,

Scott