Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Short DS rant (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=289905)

mmbt0ne 12-23-2006 11:14 AM

Short DS rant

I've been playing this a fair bit lately because my brother can't open his Wii for 2 more days. A few notes on my experience with his games that I hadn't played before:

1) Can anyone get BrainAge to recognize the word "Blue?" I swear I've tried everything and it just doesn't work. Not even the Japanese pronunciation "Brue"

2) Splinter Cell is veeerrry jerky and sucks.

3) For some reason I was very sure that the DS would play GBC games, and was very disappointed when his old Pokemon games didn't work.

4) I need more games because I'm getting bored [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Hume 12-23-2006 12:10 PM

Re: Short DS rant

1. Yes (and no japanese pronunciation).

geormiet 12-23-2006 12:12 PM

http://www.ds-x.com/cgi-bin/dsx/engine.pl?page=home

+

Google search nds roms

Thank me later.

JuntMonkey 12-23-2006 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) For some reason I was very sure that the DS would play GBC games, and was very disappointed when his old Pokemon games didn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I thought that too until recently, we mentioned it briefly here a few weeks ago.

MSH 12-23-2006 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

+

Google search nds roms

Thank me later.

[/ QUOTE ]

wowowow this looks awesome

mmbt0ne 12-23-2006 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you saying it? I've tried "bloo" "bah-loo" "bloooooo" and it doesn't pick up anything. Every other color is fine, just blue.

Dire 12-23-2006 01:02 PM

Too funny on the blooooo thing. Once I mom came to visit and was playing brain age on my gf's DS. Alls I remember is her sitting at the table for the longest time going: "Blooooo... bluuuueeee... blewwwwwww" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hume 12-23-2006 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you saying it? I've tried "bloo" "bah-loo" "bloooooo" and it doesn't pick up anything. Every other color is fine, just blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloo, i think.

toss 12-23-2006 04:19 PM

Have you looked into these monsters?

Mario Kart DS (obv choice, online multiplayer exponentially adds to the awesomeness)
Tetris DS (robust single player, first tetris AI to give me trouble, and ultra competitive online multi player)
New Super Mario Brothers Enough said.
Castlevania games.
Advanced Wars
Elite Beat Agents

Hornacek 12-23-2006 09:52 PM

OP, unless you have played the Castlevania games before, I wouldn't recommend it. I bought Portrait of Ruin last week based on the GameStop dude's suggestion, but having never played before, I don't really understand the game lineage and it seems to be rather tough to understand and solve. I've reached a point where I think I'm going to have to look up how to get past a certain part... its a rather complex game.

Then again, maybe I'm just a primitive gamer. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

kickpushcoast 12-23-2006 10:05 PM

you dont have to talk very loud when you do the stroop test on brain age. once i calmed down and didnt speak so loudly it recognized in just fine. i gave up on the voice calculation test though, it can never recognize "six" when i say it

im pretty good at everything except low to high, the most ive ever gotten on there is 57 points, and that was almost luck i think. head count on hard mode was insane at first but now i can usually get 5/5

yasher 12-24-2006 03:30 AM

oh man, i had my gf laughing her ass off the first time i played brain age. i musta said "blue" twenty times every different way i could think of. but it recognized her voice fine [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bobbyi 12-24-2006 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4) I need more games because I'm getting bored [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Final Fantasy 3 will keep you busy for a while.

mmbt0ne 12-24-2006 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Mario Kart DS (obv choice, online multiplayer exponentially adds to the awesomeness)
Tetris DS (robust single player, first tetris AI to give me trouble, and ultra competitive online multi player)

[/ QUOTE ]

Got 'em all. Beaten the Marios, and taking a break from Tetris.

Final Fantasy 3 sounds like a fun option though.

MelchyBeau 12-24-2006 07:04 PM

Advance Wars DS

kickpushcoast 12-24-2006 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got 'em all. Beaten the Marios, and taking a break from Tetris.

Final Fantasy 3 sounds like a fun option though.

[/ QUOTE ]

how good are you at mariokart?

Sniper 12-24-2006 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Advance Wars DS

[/ QUOTE ]

If you liked Advance Wars (definately a great game), you should get Age of Empires

mmbt0ne 12-24-2006 10:50 PM

All,

FFIII is a lot of fun (I've never played a FF game before) but annoying as hell because I didn't save and when I died the game reset.

kick,

not good enough to challenge anyone to online play.

WilliamLowe 12-25-2006 12:51 AM

Trauma Center is ridiculously fun.

Keyser. 12-25-2006 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

+

Google search nds roms

Thank me later.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, just to make sure: if you buy this thing you can download a rom of any DS/GBA game and play it on your DS?

Probably some newbish questions but I couldn't really find the answer on the webpage. How many roms could you store on that? Do you have to keep downloading them then deleting them to play others? I was probably getting a DS anyway but this pretty much seals the deal.

chiachu 12-25-2006 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trauma Center is ridiculously fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

this man knows what hes talking about. But then again, if you have a wii, you might wanna try out that version instead.

headofmike 12-25-2006 01:08 PM

I bought a ds a couple months ago and play it all the time. I kill at mario kart. I really enjoy metroid prime hunters. I've got mega man zx which is so so. I own final fantasy III but have yet to even play it. I was thinking about buying brain, I thought it might actually improve my poker play in some strange way, but after hearing all the complaints I think I'll pass. However a new zelda comes out on march first which I am stoked for. Anyone with mario kart should def. pm message me and we'll set up a 2+2 mario kart session.

headofmike 12-25-2006 01:18 PM

ps: has anyone played the bomberman games for ds. I used to love it on the nes and I can see this being an awesome wifi game.