Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Some of Us Want LoL Back (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=284691)

Dynasty 12-16-2006 07:09 AM

Some of Us Want LoL Back

I don't have a problem with BBV4Life. But, it shouldn't have replaced LoL which many users liked. BBV4Life should be similar to MTT Community. It should be listed right below Beats, Brags, and Variance. LoL should be put back in the Other Topics group.

An "About the Forums" thread.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...c=1#Post8449210

*TT* 12-16-2006 10:43 AM

Re: Some of Us Want LoL Back

It seems that BBV for life isnt being used to its full extent, BBV is still filled with non-poker content.

Dids 12-16-2006 11:52 AM

When "some" is like 5 people, I'm not sure your case is really being made.

Nick B. 12-16-2006 12:47 PM

I liked LOL as well.

private joker 12-16-2006 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked LOL as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

ajmargarine 12-16-2006 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I liked LOL as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT! 12-16-2006 05:48 PM

dynasty, if you like LOL so much why are you always posting links with little or no commentary in OOT?

SamIAm 12-18-2006 01:35 AM

I disliked LoL. I routinely saw links being posted in OOT (and appreciated seeing them) and anyway, didn't need a whole web forum just for links to web pages.
-Sam

Gildwulf 12-18-2006 02:12 AM

what is preventing you from posting funny links in bbv4life, if they are actually good they will rise to the top...there are multiple instances of this right now.

Nick B. 12-18-2006 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is preventing you from posting funny links in bbv4life, if they are actually good they will rise to the top...there are multiple instances of this right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't about posting links. Once a month you could go there and put the posts with the most replies at top and find a bunch of good links. Now, it is full of retards.

*TT* 12-18-2006 02:28 AM

I miss Little Old Lady too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sniper 12-18-2006 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Little Old Lady has things to say too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

diebitter 12-18-2006 03:38 AM

love the purple gingham [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

*TT* 12-18-2006 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Little Old Lady has things to say too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as I keep her writing in context, I always found her POV to be rather refreshing and unique. I also realize she was not good for the long term heath of the 2+2 boards - but I can think of 100 or more people here who also aren't.

Dynasty 12-27-2006 09:08 AM

What are the chances of LoL coming back?

Also, why hasn't the green side bar been changed to reflect the new "BBV4Life" forum?

Dynasty 12-27-2006 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When "some" is like 5 people, I'm not sure your case is really being made.

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears to be more than 5 people.

diebitter 12-27-2006 09:15 AM

It looks like quite a few people enjoyed it. I thought it was okay for a weekly visit and view.

If all it needs is a mod, I'll do it if absolutely no other mods want to. I'm around a fair bit. But I'll be very hands off - anything goes apart from T&C breaking, t0rrent, inline nipples or hardcore, racism - but everything else is fine.

But like I said, put me to the back of the list.

Pokeraddict 12-27-2006 01:51 PM

If it helps get it back I miss lol too.

Sniper 12-27-2006 06:44 PM

Mat/Ryan, Maybe we should just ship the BBV4Life posts back to BBV, and revert LoL to its former title...

Dynasty 12-27-2006 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mat/Ryan, Maybe we should just ship the BBV4Life posts back to BBV, and revert LoL to its former title...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think BBV4Life should remain. The BBV folks seem to be enjoying themselves.

I'd suggest moving BBV4Life directly under BBV (like MTT Community) and putting LoL where it used to be.

Gildwulf 12-27-2006 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest moving BBV4Life directly under BBV (like MTT Community) and putting LoL where it used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of people in bbv would support the move to the upper sidebar

Sniper 12-27-2006 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moving BBV4Life into the poker Category wouldn't make much sense, if its desigbed to catch BBV non-poker content [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Gildwulf 12-27-2006 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moving BBV4Life into the poker Category wouldn't make much sense, if its desigbed to catch BBV non-poker content [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it made sense:)

Dids 12-27-2006 09:50 PM

Until the amazingly complex sidebar move is made (and poker or not, BBV4LIFE should be right under BBV) it's just silly to pretend that it didn't work.

And lol @ db offering to mod LOL.

miajag 12-28-2006 03:17 PM

Hi guys. Thanks for bringing LOL back, and Mat, thanks for allowing me to mod. Is there any way (or reason) to move old LOL threads from the current BBV4Life to the new LOL?

diebitter 12-28-2006 03:19 PM

Grats on the Green miaj.

You;d have to ask Gild to do it, or Ryan I guess. Alternatively you could be made a temporary BBV4Life mod just to move some back.

Sniper 12-28-2006 03:20 PM

Welcome Mia!

Sniper 12-28-2006 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way (or reason) to move old LOL threads from the current BBV4Life to the new LOL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan, can you confirm whether you plan to mass move all threads from prior to the changeover of LOL to BBV4Life to the new LOL forum, or just leave them?

Mat Sklansky 12-28-2006 03:49 PM

that's up to you.

Would you like a mass move, or would you prefer bringing a few individual threads?

miajag 12-28-2006 04:07 PM

Mat,

Could we do a mass move of all the threads from before it was BBV4life, and then go through and move over the LoL-appropriate threads since then? I.e., both.

ajmargarine 12-28-2006 04:13 PM

Yo, welcome miaj.

miajag 12-28-2006 04:16 PM

ty aj.

Another unrelated question - why was the "make sexy time with aids-girl" thread moved from OOT to LoL? Seems like a pretty clear OOT thread to me.

Mat Sklansky 12-28-2006 05:18 PM

I have to show my ignorance here.

Ryan, can we do this?

Ryan Beal 12-28-2006 07:03 PM

Yeah, it's done.

Everything before around the time Mat made the announcement in BBV has been moved to the new LoL. Since the change from the old LoL to BBV4Life took a little time to develop, I manually sorted out the threads from around that time as well. So most of the threads should be in the right forum now.

Ryan Beal 12-28-2006 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ty aj.

Another unrelated question - why was the "make sexy time with aids-girl" thread moved from OOT to LoL? Seems like a pretty clear OOT thread to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to move it here if you don't want it in LoL. I don't know why it was moved there.

miajag 12-28-2006 07:14 PM

Thank you Ryan. There are still a lot of LoL-appropriate posts that were made in BBV4life during the past couple weeks, however, that IMO should be moved over. Just on the front page, "amazing rapper impressions," "panda sneeze" and "Winterbells" appear to be more LoL material than BBV4life. Any way I could be allowed to go through and move some of the obvious recent stuff over to LoL?

Ryan Beal 12-28-2006 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you Ryan. There are still a lot of LoL-appropriate posts that were made in BBV4life during the past couple weeks, however, that IMO should be moved over

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked those over too, and many of them were moved. I'm not sure why a couple of your examples weren't moved, though, as I remember specifically reviewing them and setting them to be moved in the mass move. My edits to the first page or two of the thread list may have been lost when I got sidetracked by something else for a few minutes.

I'll take care of it. If there are more threads you want to see moved after I get done in about 10 minutes, just let me know or hit the notify mod button.

miajag 12-28-2006 07:27 PM

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Ryan Beal 12-28-2006 07:45 PM

No problem.
I'm basically done with the newer threads now. Just let me know if I missed anything obvious. I'd rather not force any newer borderline threads back into LoL, as the OPs may want their threads to be for BBV types. But we can always move them if that's what the OP wants.